Best Possible Gear With Limitations And Why.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Best Possible Gear with limitations and why.
Best Possible Gear with limitations and why.
 Bahamut.Cyaan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Cyaan
By Bahamut.Cyaan 2010-04-25 20:17:25  
Siren.Firewall said:

This would be my ideal TP, Mirke has sTP and Snapshot, but you said you couldn't use Mirke, so I'd go for Osode or the Synergy body (Ebur/Furia/Ebon Jerkin).

WS set, Unlimited shot for CCA, otherwise use Kabura.

Depending on fight, you would also want a Novia. Eat curry or Pot-au-feu, should never have to touch sushi, even for HNMs.

Edit: miss linked WS set

vulcan staff / axe grip / sam. if you have to /nin, consider krieg/woodville unless accuracy is an issue.

triumph earrings will beat out the 8agi set for both bow/gun, for tp and ws. novia is good here too.

justice torque beats sea gorget for ws, so does hope torque if your using archery. the ire torque (+1) will beat either of those. if acc is an issue use gorget.

skadi hands will beat anything for tp and ws. otherwise use bfg for tp/ws for archery, if using gun switch to s.kote for ws.

tp/ws in osode if you cant get acp body

if acc is not an issue, tp/ws in 5-6 str ring.

buccaneers belt can be used for - enmity sets

eat pot au feu (+1 if you can find it)

could also get a 5 hit build on ebow with /sam, mekki shakki, rajas, skadi legs, and rose strap. could replace skadi with hachiryu legs/feet and then add 2 stp from other slots as well(brutal earring/c.chain). up to you if its worth it

the moogle head with 25 acc for ws will probably do more damage via less missed ws.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-25 20:23:28  

With Pot Au Feu +1 this weapon skill set parses at about 79% WS accuracy on Dark Ixion; easily hitting accuracy cap in Dynamis and Limbus and stuff. The headpiece obviously has STR, AGI, WS Acc & WS Atk on it. It's still not a perfect set, but it's pretty nice all the same.

Edit: Typo on the %, it's 79, not 89.
 Carbuncle.Zitale
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-04-25 20:27:42  
If you're not afraid of using too many bullets, this would fit well too in Aeyela's Item Set:

Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-25 20:29:42  
ok how does occasional attacks twice work for that weapon? lol fires 2 bullets at once for higher damage?

I've never even looked at the RNG OAT weapons yet.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-25 20:30:58  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
ok how does occasional attacks twice work for that weapon? lol fires 2 bullets at once for higher damage?

Literally fires two bullets. You get two hits, two bullets fire, two "thuds", but only one shooting animation. I don't know how it works for weapon skills though. I'd assume it'd be like a double attack proc on melee WSs, though, if I had to take a guess.

I can let you know in a few weeks once I've finished mine off!
 Carbuncle.Zitale
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-04-25 20:37:36  
Sylph.Shadida could tell us more about it.
He posted this link too : www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90728&page=40
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-25 20:41:37  
It looks mad, but damn it's gonna be expensive rofl.
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-04-26 06:22:46  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Because someone without Ranger couldn't possibly know how to gear it, amirite?
/thread
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-26 06:27:24  
Siren.Firewall said:
Korp does have a maat's so yes, that would be even better.
Nope, don't have it yet.
Siren.Clinpachi said:
lol no he doesnt someone reported him as having it or a mod messed with him.
Scragg or Jaerik. Either one, but I don't mind. I'm getting it atm anyway (right way, level grind).
Fairy.Basilo said:

Smn burning never crosses my mind sorry I really do forget about it, I admit I used it for smn 22-66 only but smn only. Wasnt rly a dig at korpg just saying 6000 post count ... Id put my money on him having cap If didnt know either way.
7437 posts (including this one) but nowhere near Ludoggy or Dasva.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-04-26 08:04:47  
You could put this into your ws set

Strigoi Ring
 Asura.Despayn
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-26 08:46:32  
So you're saying if you SMN burn a Maat's cap, you're not doing it the "right" way? Care to explain why? I'd personally never burn a Maat's Cap simply because I don't want to dump that much gil into it, however I have nothing against people who burn their caps. Its called being efficient, but I guess standing around LFP spending hours upon hours and getting 2-3 levels a day where you could max out a job in a few days (if pulls are done correctly) is better.

People who still think SMN burns are cheating need to realize that its not, and its not going away. However, something tells me something will be done when the level cap is raised...
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-26 08:59:50  
Asura.Despayn said:
So you're saying if you SMN burn a Maat's cap, you're not doing it the "right" way? Care to explain why? I'd personally never burn a Maat's Cap simply because I don't want to dump that much gil into it, however I have nothing against people who burn their caps. Its called being efficient, but I guess standing around LFP spending hours upon hours and getting 2-3 levels a day where you could max out a job in a few days (if pulls are done correctly) is better.

People who still think SMN burns are cheating need to realize that its not, and its not going away. However, something tells me something will be done when the level cap is raised...

It's not that hard if your willing to make pt's yourself.

As for getting into the entire smn burn debate I'll simply say this;

I bought FFXI for the levelling experience, I enjoy the communication between players, and the feeling of changing camps every few levels. (I'm dubious to even level sync in bird parties for too long)

Efficiency means little to me, the experience is always more.

If you just want jobs for gear and EGLS' though, more power to you.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-26 09:06:49  
You know I actually agree 100% with you. I love the standard experience point party. The other day, I level sync'd on my NIN to 42 (since I haven't exp'd with NIN since Yonin was introduced) just to *** around, and was amazed at how holding hate was so effortless. I even joked around about changing subs to RDM and just spam Ninjutsu tools, since I really didn't need to use provoke at all for hate. Was a fun party, and I'd do it again any day.

I also love going out of my way to find new camps that no one has ever exp'd @ before. I remember a while back before level sync doing a party in Crawlers' Nest on Labyrinth Lizards. It was fun, exciting, and the party lasted quite a bit, netting some great exp for that level.

However, only because I'd prefer leveling to doing SMN burns does it mean in no way that SMN burning is bad. It -is- more efficient, and I think that's what bothers people. You go out of your way exp'ing the old fashioned way, and then you have someone with deep pockets willing to buy experience points. I can see how that gets to people, but really there's no need to call leveling the old way the "right way", and that's the point I'm trying to get across to Korpg.

Though I'm sure its just an opinion, its a silly opinion shared by too many people. Unless SE deems it wrong, it'll never be labeled as the "wrong way" to level.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-26 09:09:38  
I look at it this way. Jobs I enjoy playing. I'll level them. Things I have 0 interest in whatsoever, I'll astral burn. Though, I've only been in 2-3 astral pulls for my SCH (still needs 7 lvs). Some of my subjobs I'll be lv'ing regularly. Thf and war for sure. Nin, I'll be AB'ing that. Hated that job every step of the way.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-26 09:12:50  
I love NIN so much I'm contemplating leveling it on another character. Well her's is at like 67, but I deleveled her from 69. I don't know, I guess I don't share the same opinion as other people, but I love NIN.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-26 09:13:45  
Yup, that's what I love. I remember the first time I did a 37 East Ronfaure (s) party when it was generally unheard of, and we thought it was going to go terrible due to the random aggroing ladybugs, but once we worked them into the pull and saw the EXP we were thrilled. and that is one of my all time favourite FF moments.

And yar, Idm smn burns anymore, they irk me and I don't particularly like the thought of levelling easy, but if people want to use gil like that then fair enough.

I do get ragey however, when people who smn burn mock those who don't for getting 'slow' levels.

(one of my favourite parties was on Dodo's and weapons in Saramongue lol)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-26 09:15:35  
I've played a nin at 75 on my friend's account. I enjoy the things I can do with it with the solo aspect. As far as playing int in an exp party though, I can't stand it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-26 09:16:08  
Tbh the only camp I utterly hate in this game is Azouph isle imp parties >.>

I'd rather gouge out my eyes with rusty spoons.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-26 09:16:33  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yup, that's what I love. I remember the first time I did a 37 East Ronfaure (s) party when it was generally unheard of, and we thought it was going to go terrible due to the random aggroing ladybugs, but once we worked them into the pull and saw the EXP we were thrilled. and that is one of my all time favourite FF moments.

And yar, Idm smn burns anymore, they irk me and I don't particularly like the thought of levelling easy, but if people want to use gil like that then fair enough.

I do get ragey however, when people who smn burn mock those who don't for getting 'slow' levels.

I'm glad we can agree.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-26 09:20:24  
Asura.Despayn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm glad we can agree.

It does happen occasionally :o
 Caitsith.Iphone
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Imola
By Caitsith.Iphone 2010-04-26 09:37:32  
Here's a STP set for sam that I use.

It's mainly most rare/ex. I don't use bullets anymore since they get really expensive, but obow does the trick. I tend to /sam since it's quick TP, seigan works for short term tanking or if you get hate. It's fun, this setup is cheap and most items are easy to get.

Alternate for the head pieace if you can't get an SCNM group together, you can use Wyvern Helm, Hunter's Beret +1, and or Optical Hat works too.

For the legs you can always use Scout's Bracce. Hope this helps :)
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-26 09:59:14  
Asura.Despayn said:
So you're saying if you SMN burn a Maat's cap, you're not doing it the "right" way? Care to explain why? I'd personally never burn a Maat's Cap simply because I don't want to dump that much gil into it, however I have nothing against people who burn their caps. Its called being efficient, but I guess standing around LFP spending hours upon hours and getting 2-3 levels a day where you could max out a job in a few days (if pulls are done correctly) is better. People who still think SMN burns are cheating need to realize that its not, and its not going away. However, something tells me something will be done when the level cap is raised...

Fkin turn this into weather astral burning is acceptable thread or not gowai with your preaching about how its perfectly acceptable. I didnt even wanna go there, you brought it in this direction. I didnt even say I gave a ***if you smn burn or not I just believe personally its cheating imo and I feel bad for rushing/wasting my smn by burning it. As for calling people with the opinion that its wrong, silly just because its not against the ToS is ignorant. Alot of unspoken rules in game are broken which warrant player warning threads but still arent against ToS, its no different.

I MORALLY BELIEVE SMN BURN IS *** CHEAT WAY OF DOING GAME AND REGRET SMN BURNING MY SMN.

Sry about agressive manner just pisses me off when someone jumps on their "smn burn pefectly acceptable" high horse the second something like this is said :
Asura.Korpg said:
Siren.Firewall said:
Korp does have a maat's so yes, that would be even better.
Nope, don't have it yet.
Siren.Clinpachi said:
lol no he doesnt someone reported him as having it or a mod messed with him.
Scragg or Jaerik. Either one, but I don't mind. I'm getting it atm anyway (right way, level grind).
Fairy.Basilo said:
Smn burning never crosses my mind sorry I really do forget about it, I admit I used it for smn 22-66 only but smn only. Wasnt rly a dig at korpg just saying 6000 post count ... Id put my money on him having cap If didnt know either way.
7437 posts (including this one) but nowhere near Ludoggy or Dasva.

If korpg also believes that lvl grind is the right way of doing it too thats his choice.
[+]
 Sylph.Nightcrew
user: Nightcrew
By Sylph.Nightcrew 2010-04-26 10:06:07  
What's the best Anwig setup...

Anwig 1: Str4, Agi4, WSacc15, WSdmg2% or
Anwig 2: Str4, WSacc15, Racc 10, Ratk5

I would think #2 since it can be use for everything, TP and WS. It's basically a Wyvern Helm, Ohat, and AF Hat all in one. But I can see #1 being better if you have Barbut.

I can only assume I've answered my own question with that now thinking about it.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-26 10:09:32  
Do I think AFB are "cheating?" No.

Do I think AFB are "a pussy way of leveling?" Yes.

I don't see how anyone can say they earned a Maat's Cap if they pussyfooted (yes, that is a word) their way to it.

But then again, you work for your accomplishments, I work for mine.

Caitsith.Iphone said:
Here's a STP set for sam that I use.

It's mainly most rare/ex. I don't use bullets anymore since they get really expensive, but obow does the trick. I tend to /sam since it's quick TP, seigan works for short term tanking or if you get hate. It's fun, this setup is cheap and most items are easy to get.

Alternate for the head pieace if you can't get an SCNM group together, you can use Wyvern Helm, Hunter's Beret 1, and or Optical Hat works too.

For the legs you can always use Scout's Bracce. Hope this helps :)
Why would you use Hope Torque for Marksmanship? I thought you would want to use Faith Torque for that.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-26 10:11:19  
Asura.Korpg said:
Do I think AFB are "cheating?" No. Do I think AFB are "a pussy way of leveling?" Yes. I don't see how anyone can say they earned a Maat's Cap if they pussyfooted (yes, that is a word) their way to it. But then again, you work for your accomplishments, I work for mine.
Caitsith.Iphone said:
Here's a STP set for sam that I use. It's mainly most rare/ex. I don't use bullets anymore since they get really expensive, but obow does the trick. I tend to /sam since it's quick TP, seigan works for short term tanking or if you get hate. It's fun, this setup is cheap and most items are easy to get. Alternate for the head pieace if you can't get an SCNM group together, you can use Wyvern Helm, Hunter's Beret 1, and or Optical Hat works too. For the legs you can always use Scout's Bracce. Hope this helps :)
Why would you use Hope Torque for Marksmanship? I thought you would want to use Faith Torque for that.

QFT, and if you smn burn and want a salvage shell dont come to me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-26 10:42:01  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Do I think AFB are "cheating?" No. Do I think AFB are "a pussy way of leveling?" Yes. I don't see how anyone can say they earned a Maat's Cap if they pussyfooted (yes, that is a word) their way to it. But then again, you work for your accomplishments, I work for mine.
Caitsith.Iphone said:
Here's a STP set for sam that I use. It's mainly most rare/ex. I don't use bullets anymore since they get really expensive, but obow does the trick. I tend to /sam since it's quick TP, seigan works for short term tanking or if you get hate. It's fun, this setup is cheap and most items are easy to get. Alternate for the head pieace if you can't get an SCNM group together, you can use Wyvern Helm, Hunter's Beret 1, and or Optical Hat works too. For the legs you can always use Scout's Bracce. Hope this helps :)

QFT, and if you smn burn and want a salvage shell dont come to me.

I agree you did not earn your cap if you had to cheat your way to it. That is it, pretty much. You will always be a gimp with a cap, and it accomplishes nothing. If I get my cap I would have earned it period. I see it in this view as well guys so no problem. I'll never use that ***...

Oh and nice come back, I would never use a dumb ***who astral burned in salvage either.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-26 10:49:40  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Because someone without Ranger couldn't possibly know how to gear it, amirite?

Strange, my ranger is soon to be 75 also. I ask the same thing please with out bashing korpg, since he freaking asked nicely for advice. Drac i am sorry you are looking to start ***, same with vegetto. Leave the dude alone, I am sick and tired of this ***.

You do not like someone just do not *** post.

Anyway, what set ups do you guys have at 75? I would love to know. Even though I know how to gear my ranger for 75, and what to equip it with.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-26 10:50:37  
Most Maat's Cap owners are horrendously gimp anyway <_< with the vast majority of jobs, levelling up doesn't teach you much at all (play one DD, play them all in a party etc). In SMN's case, if you don't astral burn then people have to use you as a subpar WHM and this also does not help you with your endgame role at all!

I have nothing against ABers, though I've never done so myself (lack of opportunity, not lack of desire).
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-26 10:59:13  
I think the idea of AFB has changed now, since SE's lack of response towards it.

I first thought when this was released that it was a "hack" and that it would completely gimp players in their skill.

But then, I realized, you can find the gimp players and kick them out of your shell, and keep the good players at what they do best. Gimp is universal, its not just an AFB situation.

So, my viewpoint is that while it is not the same as exp your way the "old-fashioned" way, its really not a valid argument against gimpness. But if you AFB your Maat's Cap, thats your prerogative, not mine. I rather exp level my cap thank you very much.

I guess I would do it as a SMN just to put a buffer on there.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-26 11:02:38  
It really is the ideal exp method as SMN at least. Exp parties are painful on SMN because you're a secondrate healer and your avatars don't offer much to the party at all sadly. You don't get to fulfill your endgame role as DD on large, dangerous mobs until... endgame, really.

I'd rather cut the frustration for both parties involved (the SMN who has to curebot and the party who has to - frankly - take a job which almost wastes a slot in exp).
[+]