Best Possible Gear With Limitations And Why.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Best Possible Gear with limitations and why.
Best Possible Gear with limitations and why.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-25 18:14:23  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
I'm inclined to agree with Vegetto. Even though I'm only mnk 75 (and sam 75 on a friends account) I know how to play just about every DD job, better than most people who have the job lvled and even better than people with flashy gear.
Sadly i have to agree with korpg, just because you know how to drive a car doesn't mean you'll drive them all perfectly from the moment you sit in the drivers seat.

You could be a fast learner like me sure, but i would never ever say i could play any job i don't even have at 75 with perfect knowledge from the start.

Just sayin~
With playstyle, sure you're right here. That comes w/ experience. For example, how much enmity- you may want to wear or when to use your JAs. For pure damage calculations, you can do that perfectly w/o ever having even unlocked the job, provided you understand the mechanics.
^_^ Exactly on the nose
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-25 18:15:47  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Wouldn't Hachiryu Haidate be a better option for WS set? He did say money wasn't a problem.
This is true. If you're worried about the acc, swap to hachi feets
 Siren.Firewall
user: Firewall
By Siren.Firewall 2010-04-25 18:15:55  
Hmmm, ya I always forget about those, yes Hachiryu would be ideal...
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-25 18:16:43  
Sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiightly expensive lol.
 Siren.Firewall
By Siren.Firewall 2010-04-25 18:20:41  
They're cheap on our server compared to others Clin
 Hades.Ferusio
サーバ: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2010-04-25 18:23:34  
Shiva.Dinarii said:
he said without the expansions i do believe. lrn2rd OP?
lol i just saw mirke being suggested and my brain skipped haha
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-25 18:30:31  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
I'm inclined to agree with Vegetto. Even though I'm only mnk 75 (and sam 75 on a friends account) I know how to play just about every DD job, better than most people who have the job lvled and even better than people with flashy gear.
Sadly i have to agree with korpg, just because you know how to drive a car doesn't mean you'll drive them all perfectly from the moment you sit in the drivers seat.

You could be a fast learner like me sure, but i would never ever say i could play any job i don't even have at 75 with perfect knowledge from the start.

Just sayin~
With playstyle, sure you're right here. That comes w/ experience. For example, how much enmity- you may want to wear or when to use your JAs. For pure damage calculations, you can do that perfectly w/o ever having even unlocked the job, provided you understand the mechanics.

Yeah, but if you want to maximize accuracy without killing attack, you kindof need to ask somebody who has already done everything they could to maximize damage. Accuracy Bonus adds to the difficulty of it, since I won't use RNG for anything but endgame situations (and most everything needs a special set for those, since its not always 100% known what the mob's evasion is like)

Birds can be calculated, NMs not so much. At least not without doing it 1000 times, which I doubt anyone has ever killed Odin 1000 times yet.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-25 18:34:50  
I wouldn't say you HAVE to ask someone. You could always play it and trial/error to discover things yourself.

People who live off information/wiki are just cookie cutters who may as well be herded sheep.

Play the game for yourself and find things out for yourself, asking other players for advice also never hurts but i wouldn't live on it. I think thats why people are so bored/sick of this game... everyone plays as if they know everything from what they read.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-04-25 18:38:11  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
I wouldn't say you HAVE to ask someone. You could always play it and trial/error to discover things yourself.

People who live off information/wiki are just cookie cutters who may as well be herded sheep.

Play the game for yourself and find things out for yourself, asking other players for advice also never hurts but i wouldn't live on it.
I was hoping to find out which gear I already have would work.

My inventory space is very limited, owning to the fact that my BLM has several different sets, and my SMN and SAM has their own sets also. So space is limited, hopefully most of the endgame gear I "need" I already have.

Which I do have, at least according to the one person who replied.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-25 18:40:28  
No i mean gear suggestions are fine really, I just wouldn't say i depended on someones opinion/sets/wiki to get by. I enjoy finding things out for myself mostly.

No biggie. But that posted set looks interesting.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-25 19:19:29  
Asura.Korpg said:
Siren.Firewall said:
This would be my ideal TP, Mirke has sTP and Snapshot, but you said you couldn't use Mirke, so I'd go for Osode or the Synergy body (Ebur/Furia/Ebon Jerkin). WS set, Unlimited shot for CCA, otherwise use Kabura. Depending on fight, you would also want a Novia. Eat curry or Pot-au-feu, should never have to touch sushi, even for HNMs. Edit: miss linked WS set
Is there any other helms you might recommend? And another ring for TPing? I have that melee ring for my SAM. Everything else looks like I can get easy, or already have (Body/Gloves/Back/Earrings/Rajas/Neck).

I just read this skimmed the rest incase I miss someone mention it maats cap is good instead of gnadbods helm thingy I assume its better for rng actually 7 of each stat. Not checked your profile Korpg in like a year but if your playtime is as high as your post count on forums im gonna guess u got it. And u also didnt say it was a limitation in your opening post so I assume this is feasible.
 Siren.Firewall
By Siren.Firewall 2010-04-25 19:20:50  
Korp does have a maat's so yes, that would be even better.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-25 19:21:54  
Oh also what about enkidu hands for ws set u got there, any good?
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-25 19:23:13  
Siren.Firewall said:
Korp does have a maat's so yes, that would be even better.
lol no he doesnt someone reported him as having it or a mod messed with him.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-25 19:24:26  
Maat's Cap has nothing to do with playtime anymore...Can get it in 3 months of Astral-burning, or if you're like me, 5 years of trying to play fair won't get it for you.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-25 19:25:14  
Siren.Enternius said:
Maat's Cap has nothing to do with playtime anymore...Can get it in 3 months of Astral-burning, or if you're like me, 5 years of trying to play fair won't get it for you.
lol i think i was the last of my breed on earning maat's cap the fair way. i DID level sync some though but thats still level grinding the normal way.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-25 19:28:28  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Siren.Enternius said:
lol i think i was the last of my breed on earning maat's cap the fair way. i DID level sync some though but thats still level grinding the normal way.
I'm glad that thing isn't particularly good for any of my jobs, lol.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-25 19:28:33  
Siren.Enternius said:

Smn burning never crosses my mind sorry I really do forget about it, I admit I used it for smn 22-66 only but smn only. Wasnt rly a dig at korpg just saying 6000 post count ... Id put my money on him having cap If didnt know either way.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-25 19:29:54  
lol they should give an achievement item in your profile for reaching that lmao.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-25 19:30:28  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm glad that thing isn't particularly good for any of my jobs, lol.

Im sure youd find a use for that, asc. fury perhaps or howling fist, or even y/g/k cos u didnt chose 4 str 2% ws dmg augment for sam u chose anwig.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-25 19:34:06  
While y/g/k gets a huge attack boost, I don't use those ws on anything that's defense is low enough for me to use polearm really. Can't think of a mob that I use gkt on that I'd
prefer the 1 str to 8 attack, as mine wouldn't be capped.

For fury and howling, genbu for pure dmg, anwig most of the time now to land the 2nd hit.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-25 19:35:58  
I use Genbu's Kabuto for howling, but I find that move pretty weak in general, I'm not sure whether to stack a ton of STR gear with it.

I currently stack atk and vit.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-25 19:37:24  
Oh right yeah polearm, forgot u use that thing, and only y/g/k on HNM so gnadbods.

As for genbu vs maats for hf/dk/afury... gimme some maths or im keeping maats cap in that macro over genbu, genbu is only for chakra now.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-25 19:41:04  
Tomoe is so underrated. I still /wrist every time i see a SAM say "i dont have polearm leveled"
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-25 19:43:08  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Tomoe is so underrated. I still /wrist every time i see a SAM say "i dont have polearm leveled"

I only use sam for KSNM Royale Ramble, Campaign and ISNM Jadesploocher so I am allowed to not use polearm at all, imo anyway, besides 8/8 h2h 8/8 great katana only 4 polearm sold my engetsuto, no tomoe and 200/500 ws on gondo.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-25 19:46:09  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

I only use sam for KSNM Royale Ramble, Campaign and ISNM Jadesploocher so I am allowed to not use polearm at all, imo anyway, besides 8/8 h2h 8/8 great katana only 4 polearm sold my engetsuto, no tomoe and 200/500 ws on gondo.
I meant more for career SAM's. I see the same people on SAM for nearly everything on this server.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-25 19:55:58  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Oh right yeah polearm, forgot u use that thing, and only y/g/k on HNM so gnadbods.

As for genbu vs maats for hf/dk/afury... gimme some maths or im keeping maats cap in that macro over genbu, genbu is only for chakra now.
Throw down your sets and I'd be able to do the math. I can say now matt's would probably win for AF because its 50/50 but 20/50 on howling definitely leans it to genbu's. But again 25 ws acc over both of them really. 1.0 ftp (the 2nd hit) is more important than 3 str.

PM though if you want to take it further, no need to derail this to a mnk thread.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-25 20:01:03  
Wow mind *** blown on the fact that Howling fist is 2 hits, that would explain A lot.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-04-25 20:03:27  
Yar sure, I was kinda thinking same thing, Korpg has been given what appears to be adequate answers, but best not derail for sake of anyone checking for rng advice themselves.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-25 20:04:10  
There's no such thing as a 1hit h2h ws. It's like dual wield. Offhand gets a hit. As for the ws' that specifically say the number of hits, the offhand is already included (combo, raging, asuran).