July 2024 Version Update

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » July 2024 Version Update
July 2024 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Offline
Posts: 41
By zeta 2024-07-10 07:31:11  
This update was yet another kick in the balls it seems.
 Asura.Eiryl
Online
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-10 07:32:35  
Lili said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ugh *** gross they're going to leave vanabout up permanently, that shits obnoxious.

What? Where did you read that?

Just basing on the fact that they didn't set the menu back to normal today likely means its going to stay there.

zeta said: »
This update was yet another kick in the balls it seems.

That's what you're paying for, Mistress Squares Dom Fantasy
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: gavroches
Posts: 70
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-07-10 07:48:32  
Put it this way, it’s a small incentive to try aminon for some groups. There’s not a lot left but earring +2 at this point for the "hardcore" base. It’s not a hard fight, just anxiety prevents them from trying and that in itself might help some to cross that line.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
Posts: 1232
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-07-10 08:09:10  
Did people honestly expect different??
Not even saying that in sarcasm, but you saw how it was with the great odyssey campaign that it’s imagine the lowest reward possible without trying to decipher what they said in patch notes like you’re solving a riddle in the Da Vinci Code.
It even said it’s a one time shot, so I’m honestly surprised they even did it per NM and not just:
First boss you do A thru D gives NQ
First basement boss E thru H gives +1
Aminon gives a +2
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
Posts: 2064
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-10 08:16:21  
Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
Sounds like they lied saying Earrings and old cases +2

Is nobody on this website a native speaker of English?

The update messages are written to the community of FFXI as a whole. The community (of thousands of players) are getting old cases+2. We're not, as a collective, getting a single old case+2. It is grammatically incorrect to say "are you guys excited to get old case+2?"
 Asura.Lunafreya
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
Posts: 685
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-07-10 08:17:29  
I don’t think the lack of repeating is an issue, it’s the lack of choice on which earring that is the huge problem.

A significant number of people are gonna get a +2 for a job they don’t have geared/have no interest in gearing.

They could have made the +2 a coupon and gave the choice but you know…that would make too much sense.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Online
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 2507
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-10 08:19:40  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
As generous as it sounds, I'm expecting simple defeat enemy objectives. Old case for F1, Old case +1 for F2, Old case +2 for Aminon. If they're feeling really generous, could be Old Case for basic NMs, +1 for F1 bosses, +2 for F2 bosses and Aminon.
Ha.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
The update messages are written to the community of FFXI as a whole. The community (of thousands of players) are getting old cases+2. We're not, as a collective, getting a single old case+2. It is grammatically incorrect to say "are you guys excited to get old case+2?"
Quote:
Although you can only complete each objective once, you will be able to acquire +2 job-specific earrings from old cases +2.
I mean, this argument requires you to interpret the first 'you' to mean the singular person and the second 'you' to mean the community. I'm pretty sure the logical interpretation of their statement was that it'd be possible to acquire multiple cases+2, but anyone who was actually expecting that is probably not being realistic with themselves.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
Posts: 2064
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-10 08:21:14  
Although you (all) can only complete each objective once, you (all) will be able to acquire +2 job-specific earrings from old cases +2.

Pretend you're speaking to an alliance of new players doing Omen:

"Although you can only complete each objective once, you will be able to acquire gin scales from the RoE"

If you say "you will be able to acquire gin scale from RoE" you would sound like an idiot.
 Asura.Eiryl
Online
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-10 08:23:26  
Don't fret, You (the singular) can infact still get multiple cases+2 by leveling your mules.

Infinite infact. How deep is your dedication.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Online
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 2507
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-10 08:27:06  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Although you (all) can only complete each objective once, you (all) will be able to acquire +2 job-specific earrings from old cases +2.
I can see it that way, but I don't think it's particularly clear. You (each) can only complete each objective once is the more logical way to phrase it.

I'm still not feeling bad for anyone who expected SE to just give out any more than this though, it's the segment campaign all over again. People need to understand that SE wants this content to last, and they want some things to be rare. Even if you as a player don't agree with it, they haven't been vague about it.
Offline
Posts: 327
By jubes 2024-07-10 08:28:42  
this is mostly off-topic but I didn't want to make a thread just for it. feel free to skip.

shout out to all the community who made this game great. wiki editors, windower and ashita devs, guide makers, lua creators, sim and spreadsheet gurus, the list goes on and on. thank you for all your hard work, it was that effort that made this community great.

I'm not raging over the sortie boxes or anything silly like that, I don't even do Sortie. it just happens to be as good a time as any to let the subs expire, and I wanted to say thank you on the way out. so apologies for the I'm quitting post, but this isn't about me. you guys are awesome. so long and take care!
[+]
 Sylph.Dmhlucky
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Dmhlucky
Posts: 23
By Sylph.Dmhlucky 2024-07-10 08:31:54  
Clarity is nice. For Bonanza they say 2 marbles may be purchased per character. They could have been specific and said only 1 +2 Box for a random +2 Job specific earring can be obtained per character, but they chose not to.

Its a moot point tho, best thing to do is not get your hopes up.
Offline
Posts: 3436
By Taint 2024-07-10 08:34:39  
It could reset monthly right?

The AMAN all say not repeatable as well.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
Posts: 2064
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-10 08:36:08  
Taint said: »
It could reset monthly right?

The AMAN all say not repeatable as well.

I don't think they would explicitly say "you can only complete each objective once" if they were repeatable every month.
 Sylph.Dmhlucky
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Dmhlucky
Posts: 23
By Sylph.Dmhlucky 2024-07-10 08:36:42  
I thought it said somewhere one time only as well.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
Posts: 1415
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2024-07-10 09:12:33  
Items updated. No surprises, just what we knew about.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 13208
By Pantafernando 2024-07-10 09:20:41  
jubes said: »
this is mostly off-topic but I didn't want to make a thread just for it. feel free to skip.

shout out to all the community who made this game great. wiki editors, windower and ashita devs, guide makers, lua creators, sim and spreadsheet gurus, the list goes on and on. thank you for all your hard work, it was that effort that made this community great.

I'm not raging over the sortie boxes or anything silly like that, I don't even do Sortie. it just happens to be as good a time as any to let the subs expire, and I wanted to say thank you on the way out. so apologies for the I'm quitting post, but this isn't about me. you guys are awesome. so long and take care!

I fully agree with Pubes here.
Offline
By K123 2024-07-10 09:22:14  
If it is weekly it says (W) or (Weekly), if it is monthly it says (M) or (Monthly). New ones have neither, so could be one off or not. I got a DNC +2 earring anyway so I'm happy.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
Posts: 1415
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2024-07-10 09:42:16  
Sylph.Dmhlucky said: »
Clarity is nice. For Bonanza they say 2 marbles may be purchased per character. They could have been specific and said only 1 +2 Box for a random +2 Job specific earring can be obtained per character, but they chose not to.

Its a moot point tho, best thing to do is not get your hopes up.

They were able to give you the job-specific base mythic weapon depending on what job you killed the floor 100 nyzul boss on. no reason they couldnt have given us the job specific ??? Earring +2 instead of an old case +2.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Online
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 2507
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-10 09:53:49  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
no reason they couldnt have given us the job specific ??? Earring +2 instead of an old case +2.

Obviously it's not impossible[or even particularly difficult] to code, but it's perfectly feasible that the ROE handlers are using a data field to determine which item to hand out, rather than a function able to determine a dynamic reward. So, that change may require adjusting the base RoE handler, which might not be something they feel comfortable doing.

More likely, they just don't want to make the reward too easy.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Online
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-10 10:16:07  
If you actually got the carrot you d stop chasing the carrot.

This obviously cannot happen. The most obvious thing ever
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
Posts: 1415
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2024-07-10 10:34:07  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you actually got the carrot you d stop chasing the carrot.

This obviously cannot happen. The most obvious thing ever
Not if you only get minimum rolls on 80% of the earrings! What about those gains!
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: SNK
Posts: 222
By Sylph.Snk 2024-07-10 10:46:24  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you actually got the carrot you d stop chasing the carrot.

This obviously cannot happen. The most obvious thing ever
Not if you only get minimum rolls on 80% of the earrings! What about those gains!

Heya Galka, I sent you a PM. Not sure if you've checked messages yet.
 Asura.Reidden
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Reiden
Posts: 82
By Asura.Reidden 2024-07-10 10:47:20  
At this point in the game should have just made it repeatable like weekly or w/e.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
Posts: 2064
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-10 10:54:30  
Asura.Reidden said: »
At this point in the game should have just made it repeatable like weekly or w/e.

Yes, that's exactly what an end-of-life game needs: an easier method to complete all the content and get the rewards. This way everyone can quit; it's perfect game design for games as a service.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 13208
By Pantafernando 2024-07-10 11:03:14  
If it was weekly, it would still take like half a year to get the rings for every job. That supposing you are lucky enough to not get any repeats. Also, multiply half year for N, for the chance of getting a good augments on top of it.

I personally think its quite the opposite. A good content should have various tiers of rewards to keep a major spectrum of players engaged. If your only reward to do Sortie is to get the primes, thats a reward that will pay off only after months of dedication, while if you just need to beat the content once per week, that would surely increase the interest of people forming parties to do that good weekly run. Maybe more undergeared player could simply form their grups to farm 2 or 3 days the KIs, then one day only for the +2.

Im sure a whole lot people would do Sortie in this casual practice, not to get the prime faster, but to get a weekly chance for a +2. And, eventually, do a prime because you gonna end with a lot of muffles after that time.

So, SE, if youre reading, take this advice and make the RoE weekly.

Its a good advice and completely free. It will increase the value of the content for minimal developer work.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 3436
By Taint 2024-07-10 11:40:04  
Monthly would have been smart, FOMO. Gotta get my +2 box so I gotta stay subbed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
Posts: 1248
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-07-10 12:02:26  
Just to switch the topic to a higher upset setting, I keep reading articles that the XIV expansion came with a graphics rehaul. I'm personally like, wow I wonder how many devs that took and where they diverted them away from in the same business group. YOSHI P!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 4342
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-07-10 12:05:22  
Me after slightly getting my hopes up about the RoE objectives, only to open this thread and wonder why I had any faith.



Monthly would have been acceptable for casual groups, but SE wants to keep those who grind the content every day. It's a real shame. My group isn't ready to do all boss clears, but making it monthly would have inspired us to learn the other bosses. We typically stick to A+E and Naakuals for now, and it will probably stay that way. Not enough incentive.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 4415
By RadialArcana 2024-07-10 12:07:14  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I keep reading articles that the XIV expansion came with a graphics rehaul.

Over-hyped, under delivered.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Log in to post.