フォーラム » FFXI » General » June 2024 Version Update
June 2024 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-12 10:35:09  
It appears I've upset some people with my long post.

I've offended certain people with my suggestion that most of the other campaigns are also stupid and help nobody because of their paltry bonuses...but I've also offended certain people suggesting that the paltry bonuses are beneficial to returning or new players.

So the low paltry bonuses are stupid and not helpful, but the low paltry bonuses are also good and helpful.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
(at least gazillionaire)
I've never seen it. Idk if its because I enter with multiple chars to ensure no R/E shinies get lost.
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-06-12 10:44:07  
Yeah, gazillionaire is the worst campaign. In the unlikely chance that you somehow get the five million gil bonus - which I still refuse to believe is real, I've never seen one - you get another five million gil! Wow, that's... that sure does accurately and appropriately match the sheer unlikelihood of it actually happening.

Make the campaign drop 100,000 gil every time you pop the terminal coffer and it'll be worth a thousand times as much.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-12 10:47:36  
Bro thought I read it,

I just saw the love residue on your face.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-12 10:52:24  
Checked my AMAN logs, I've gotten 5m from terminal chest 7 times, 10m twice.

Git gud
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-06-12 11:30:09  
Checked my AMAN logs, I've gotten 5m from terminal chest 7 times, 10m twice.

Git gud

Intriguing. Do you just run straight for the terminal coffer every time? I've gone for 9/10 enough that if that were the key to the gil drop, I should have seen one by now.

Entering solo? Whole party goes in? I only ever send one party member in while the rest wait outside, which allegedly still allows for it but who knows?

Have you ever seen gil drop when you've gotten a loud thud box? I'm still mostly playing for Shinryu and Lilith drops, so I never stop before either a loud thud or 9/10, if LT means no gil maybe that's the secret?

But if it's just pure random chance, well, that just sucks because I'm awful at that. Last time I unlocked rune fencer I literally went 100/100 rune attempts, it gave me the job out of pity because I just could not make the random roll it wanted.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-12 11:31:49  
I go until I get a LT, hit the 9th box (gold or rainbow), or die. All of these were either a loud thud or a 9th box gold chest thud. I've never clicked the center chest straight away, even by accident

I always have a second character in party but not in the BCNM.

5m:
9th gold thud, rainbow loud, 9th rainbow loud, 1st chest loud, 9th gold thud, 4th chest loud, and one I didn't record the details

10m:
loud thud, loud thud
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-12 11:46:14  
FWIW, there used to be an exploit allowing you to pop trove for free, and well over ten thousand runs didn't get it once. In ~200 legitimate runs, I usually see it once or twice. In both cases, entering in a party or alliance of parties, but only one member enters a given BC instance.

The obvious conclusion is that it's either applied to the orb itself(so an exploit run never got it because no chance for that to happen), or there's a meter limiting how often it's given out. If it's a meter, such as only unlocking after enough people buy silver vouchers, then the time you do it could effect the chances of receiving it. Multiboxers would also have a comparatively higher chance per character(if each char buys vouchers, more chance of unlocking it immediately before your runs).
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-06-12 12:05:35  
Fenrir.Zenion said: »
Yeah, gazillionaire is the worst campaign. In the unlikely chance that you somehow get the five million gil bonus - which I still refuse to believe is real, I've never seen one - you get another five million gil! Wow, that's... that sure does accurately and appropriately match the sheer unlikelihood of it actually happening.

Make the campaign drop 100,000 gil every time you pop the terminal coffer and it'll be worth a thousand times as much.

I have seen it twice over the years, but it is exceedingly rare. I open boxes until I get a Loud Thud or there are no more chests without it being Mimic, and I never enter with a party. I have two mules, and both times it happened on them. It has been at least a year since I've seen it, and I know several players who have never had it.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-06-12 12:38:17  
Could be tied to how many vouchers you buy, too, somehow. My expected return on orbs is a mimic bite so I never buy vouchers, maybe that's why I never gt the gil.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-12 12:40:25  
I buy vouchers every month, enter bc with one char despite being in PT. I pop boxes till I either hit a mimic or get a LT and bail, even if theres a belligerant bang, not risking it.

Never got a gil drop.

I guess i need to git more gud.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-06-12 14:12:34  
Could be tied to how many vouchers you buy, too, somehow. My expected return on orbs is a mimic bite so I never buy vouchers, maybe that's why I never gt the gil.

I have never bought vouchers. There is no "win" button to getting the gil reward... it is an absolute lottery. I only got mine from chests after Loud Thuds, but maybe it isn't tied to that. I don't think about the gil reward at all. If I get it, cool. If I don't, then I don't think about it.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-12 14:17:02  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
There is no "win" button to getting the gil reward... it is an absolute lottery

As I said, it is clearly **not** direct random chance on opening of box. What the secondary criteria is, is totally up for debate. Unlikely anyone will know with any certainty unless SE comes out with it, but a server-wide or character-specific condition is likely to be needed.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-12 14:21:38  
Trove Gil takes time to proc
[+]
By Rips 2024-06-12 14:50:31  
When I was still playing last year and I had my trove army of 198 characters, I often made my schedule available to do it the very next day, for all of them. I always bought vouchers and did the 3 basic freebies (Hp nation, AH, /unity hello.)

I always got a consistent 2-3 Gil procs, every month, for a year. I remember noting how consistent it was.

When the voucher campaign was on, it was double.

So there’s that info for yall.
By RadialArcana 2024-06-12 15:14:21  
Nobody mentioned it so they added new swimsuits (male and female)

[+]
 Sylph.Dmhlucky
サーバ: Sylph
user: Dmhlucky
By Sylph.Dmhlucky 2024-06-12 15:19:15  
People got excited by the 50% number. There's a reason SE said that number and not what it would be compared to the whole run.
Bottom line, they don't HAVE to do anything. The Vanabout rewards could have just been the personal pool and tiered rewards.

Ody as much as its not a Big boost, is still welcome. Its still more then we were getting per run.
No, its not going to be a free Mog 2 a day, but is it hurting? no.

If you weren't gonna do the event, you aren't loosing anything. If you are doing it anyway, you get a bit more. If you started again for it, you'll get more then you used to.

Now side topics, NNI while Generally crap, as its less tokens, Is very good for getting pops and some other random stuff. But its a lotto. So you either get lucky or you don't.

AMAN is the same deal. you either get lucky or you don't. I've gotten about the same number of Mimics as i have Walking in to see a Rainbow, or 2, or the 5/10 mil or a loud thud from 1-8 to hitting the 9th box and guaranteeing that loud thud/thud combined. But its literally throbing Dice, you win some, you lose some. If you win big, Lucky you. Its literally no different from Trials and tribulations BCNM. (the idea, obv not the rewards)

Honestly how many years of playing this game, are you really surprised that a reward was underwhelming?

Sure it could be nicer, but just take the free bonus.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-12 15:51:55  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Update page done on BG. Looks like we are also getting new swimsuits for the next events.

RadialArcana said: »

Thanks for the picture!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-12 16:02:03  
Sylph.Dmhlucky said: »
If you weren't gonna do the event, you aren't loosing anything. If you are doing it anyway, you get a bit more. If you started again for it, you'll get more then you used to.

A campaign is supposed to make you want to do it, and it fails at that.

Rich get richer and the people who could actually use more segments get 1/10th of a phone.

That's the issue. They designed it for the wrong audience. You were already going every day you get an extra 1k if you tryhard. If you weren't going, an extra 300 segments from a not tryhard pug is dogballs.

You'll say; If they wanted more points they should tryhard

If they campaign was worth it, they might do that. It isn't, so they won't. And that's why its a bad campaign.
[+]
 Bahamut.Senaki
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-06-12 16:17:45  

!

How do we get them?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-12 16:29:16  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
A campaign is supposed to make you want to do it, and it fails at that.
Statue Crusher isnt making anyone that retired from Divergence want to pick it up.
Abyssea lights campaign isnt the motivating drive to get a new Empyrean weapon
Campaign Festa isnt making anyone spend a whole weekend slaughtering beastmen to unlock the BCNM
Bayld / WKR campaign isnt driving anyone to that content.
Dynamis KI campaign isnt drivin anyone to old-dyna, otherwise the market would be flooded with Forgottens and currency
Macro Orb campaign is a fart in the wind for anyone aiming for any of the bonus loot. No ones doing this for their 50th Glavoid Shell or Alexandrite or anything of that sort.
Incursion campaign isnt motivating anyone to get a Galvalis helm, though people may put off restocking Coffers for Aeonic for an incursion campaign, an extra coffer when you can get 4+ per run is not much of a bonus.
Ambu campaign isnt driving people to level multiple mules for the once a day bonus
Skirmish campaign isnt driving people to Skirmish content
WoE isnt causing the servers to be flooded with Emp WS coins and the good +1 loot.

By Eiryl's own logic, these campaigns are ***and useless.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's the issue. They designed it for the wrong audience. You were already going every day you get an extra 1k if you tryhard. If you weren't going, an extra 300 segments from a not tryhard pug is dogballs.
A flat 200% bonus to give soloers making 1500 segs per run an extra 3k segs per run will give parties who are already fullclearing 10k segs per run an extra 20k segs per run.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-12 16:31:29  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
By Eiryl's own logic

Bahamut.Senaki said: »
How do we get them?

I couldn't find an answer to this, but based on the stats saying it distributes sunshine, could be the upcoming sunshine campaign with the mandy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-06-12 16:48:34  

Ew, it's a recolor of the Fancy swimwear set. Guess it's nice if you're tired of blue.
 Bahamut.Senaki
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-06-12 16:55:11  

Ew, it's a recolor of the Fancy swimwear set. Guess it's nice if you're tired of blue.

What about the pink bikini?
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-06-12 17:03:58  
Bahamut.Senaki said: »
What about the pink bikini?

Haha, wow. I've never actually seen Cossie being worn, didn't even realize. So not just a recolor, but a second recolor of the model.

I mean come on. Its entire purpose is to look nice so people want to wear it over their gear, invest in a new design or just save the labor for erasing the titles from more book covers.
[+]
By drakefs 2024-06-12 17:06:48  
I go until I get a LT, hit the 9th box (gold or rainbow), or die.

This is the AMAN way.

Except when there is a belligerent bang. Even If I know the mimic is taunting me, I most try for that hidden LT.
By Seun 2024-06-12 19:39:51  
drakefs said: »

This is the AMAN way.

The 'AMAN way' changed when Trove was last adjusted. 'One and run' isn't the play anymore. LT is much more accessible, but also far less valuable because they spiked the pool with garbage.

Also, the 9th chest upgrading for free guarantees the odds are in our favor. This is more of a suggestion that you're supposed to keep going and 'win' the event by opening all of the chests.
 Siren.Dekoda
サーバ: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2024-06-12 20:24:14  
Seun said: »

This is the AMAN way.

The 'AMAN way' changed when Trove was last adjusted. 'One and run' isn't the play anymore. LT is much more accessible, but also far less valuable because they spiked the pool with garbage.

Also, the 9th chest upgrading for free guarantees the odds are in our favor. This is more of a suggestion that you're supposed to keep going and 'win' the event by opening all of the chests.

So you're suggesting that the rainbow chest loud thud is better than a normal brown chest loud thud?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-06-12 20:36:06  
Siren.Dekoda said: »

This is the AMAN way.

So you're suggesting that the rainbow chest loud thud is better than a normal brown chest loud thud?

I don't believe that for a second.
By Seun 2024-06-12 21:46:43  
Siren.Dekoda said: »

This is the AMAN way.

Where did you get that idea? The comparison was between the 'value' of a loud thud pre and post adjustment. The change made the event more rewarding(frequency), but less rewarding(rarity). That basically means that loud thuds are not as valuable as they used to be, so you need more of them on average to get the same rare reward.

*edit
For clarity, my position is that all loud thuds draw from the same loot pool, whether they were the rainbow chest on entry, a brown chest, a belligerent bang, the 9th chest or the terminal chest.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-12 22:11:10  
Opening after 1 LT is better odds of a good item than catching a LT and losing it because you got greedy pushing for a second.

Adjustments to trove didnt make LT's more accessible. Sure flooding the pool made them less valuable, but those are literally the only thing worth anything. Why risk the one you have over a small chance that there is another one in the pool, and you will catch it instead of the mimic, losing your current LT?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8