May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14
By Starrman 2023-05-24 09:35:35  
How are the last fights of TVR for anyone who has done them?
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 09:37:30  
On Asura, more than anything else, they are a long, long, loooong queue ^_^'
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
サーバ: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2023-05-24 09:38:51  
Not sure if I've been standing here longer, or Fiat Lux way back in the day with the 300 person JP line...

At least people are grouping up to make it go faster.
By Tarage 2023-05-24 09:40:16  
Starrman said: »
How are the last fights of TVR for anyone who has done them?

The first fight is very soloable. Didn't break a sweat with trusts.

The second fight is a difficult solo with trusts. NPCs will periodically come in, get stomped, and create fetters that have to be killed or your damage will be severely nerfed. On top of that, he regularly kills trusts, and while you can resummon them on the fly, there's still some time where either the ones you want to use are on cooldown or you lose both your tanks and have to wait for them to re-establish.

On SMN I got the boss to about 40% with around 3 minutes left and had just killed the last fetter and said "*** it" and conduited. Took him to 1 HP.

The other trick you need to remember is, the killing blow HAS to be from one of the Prime weapons, so be ready to equip it for the final hit.
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-05-24 09:40:34  
Was about a 70 page wait when I jumped in, but I see people saying that the queue is full now and not taking anyone else.
By Starrman 2023-05-24 09:50:20  
Oh boy, hopefully it calms down later in the day! Thanks for the info!
By Taint 2023-05-24 09:52:06  
50 group wait took about an hour for the first BC.

Its now a 63 group wait for the second BC. Auto entry is an option.
By Meeble 2023-05-24 10:11:22  
Asura.Sechs said: »
It gives you motivation to keep playing a game with very little updates from now on.

No, it really doesn't. I still have a few v25's to throw segs at, but once that's done it's probably unsub time.

How incredibly disappointing.
[+]
 Odin.Danial
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Danial 2023-05-24 10:19:09  
Vaerix said: »
Stage 3 Prime Materials,

1,000,000 Gallimaufry,
2 Octahedrites,
5 Voracious Psyche

Guess we'll hear about stage 4 in a few weeks once groups get that first 1m muffins.

That's gonna be a no from me dawg. I expected some BS for stage 5, but stage 3... haha
[+]
By Aquatiq 2023-05-24 10:21:02  
there goes the plan to get 2 quick stage 2's for the ammo piece
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-05-24 10:38:48  
I said about a 70 page wait earlier, but Queue is capped at 64 pages, FYI. So be warned you might be spamming the entrance before you can even queue.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-05-24 10:42:44  
Fight 1 is fairly easy, though I can see a lot of people reading that comment and then failing because they go in without preparations. You have about 6 monsters beating on you (35-120 on a decked out BLU with cocoon up), but the main NM is all you have to kill and he dies fairly fast. They can also sleepga your trusts, so you probably should have a way of waking them too.

I fight Chaos in about an hour and a half so no input for that one yet.
 Bahamut.Certainly
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lutia
By Bahamut.Certainly 2023-05-24 10:43:24  
Stop trying to enter the second fight solo, clogging the queue. You'll just end up dead.

Tank, COR, BRD, Healer, DD, DD.

Fetters take extreme damage from light skillchains, while Chaos does not. Savage Blade spam seems like an option. Again. Don't bother with Leaden Salute.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-05-24 10:43:47  
Odin.Danial said: »
Vaerix said: »
Stage 3 Prime Materials,

1,000,000 Gallimaufry,
2 Octahedrites,
5 Voracious Psyche

Guess we'll hear about stage 4 in a few weeks once groups get that first 1m muffins.

That's gonna be a no from me dawg. I expected some BS for stage 5, but stage 3... haha

That's 25 runs @40k a sortie, which is a casual 3 top/bottom boss run. Who knows if muffins are part of stage 4/5 (no reason to see why they wouldn't be...) but that really isn't that much.

If we're looking at 1m/10m/100m muffs to complete stages 3-5, then yeah, count me the *** out too.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-24 10:48:59  
If current guesses are true and it's 6m muffins, that's 6 months of every day farming, which is not *that bad* but then consider that's assuming you only want a single prime weapon. If you want to get them all, it will take 8 years.

Granted, nobody in their right mind should go for all the prime weapons, but you can do the math for yourself. If you want 2 weapons it's a year, 4 weapons 2 years...it's pretty obscene if it works out the way we think.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-24 11:09:49  
Assuming Psyches can only be obtained 5 per month, it's possible the galli requirement doesn't scale upwards as much as we think it will and they are using Psyche time gate the final stages.

I feel like this is unlikely knowing how they've done this in the past, but it also would seem shortsighted to really require people to go into Sortie every day for 6 months to finish a single weapon. Most players aren't going to do that given what we know of the weapons now and it distracts from other content. Then again, from the start, they've been trying to drag out Sorties relevance and appeal with that absurd 100k cap, low +1 chest drop rate, abysmal +2 earring drop rate, and low-ish rates on the other items. They seem to really want players to invest in Sortie and are putting a lot of their eggs in that basket, so this probably isn't likely.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-05-24 11:11:14  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
If current guesses are true and it's 6m muffins, that's 6 months of every day farming, which is not *that bad* but then consider that's assuming you only want a single prime weapon. If you want to get them all, it will take 8 years.

Granted, nobody in their right mind should go for all the prime weapons, but you can do the math for yourself. If you want 2 weapons it's a year, 4 weapons 2 years...it's pretty obscene if it works out the way we think.

Did they not also say the plan was to increase how many muffins are obtainable each run?
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-24 11:15:03  
Asura.Otomis said: »
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Did they not also say the plan was to increase how many muffins are obtainable each run?

IIRC they made some obscure comment about making changes to Sortie, but I can't find it now.

They did directly say faster players will finish one in 6 months, though, and doubled down when asked about it taking half a year. Even if they do increase the amount you can get, they still seem to want 6 months to completion by design
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-24 11:24:53  
Quote:
Stop trying to enter the second fight solo, clogging the queue. You'll just end up dead.

I can confirm this. I just finished it with a group of people who were just standing around in zone waiting to enter. we went in with paladin, blu, rng, blm, and me on dancer. While the standard tank, bard, cor, whm, dd, dd setup would shred this fight, we barely scraped through it, and only because we had just enough healing between us to sustain. The guy packs a punch and trusts will get wiped out. Some people have soloed on blu so the barrier for entry isn't that high, but you should at least be prepared.

Plus like was mentioned, if you go in as a 6 man party you don't clog the line. Be considerate of others. The line is bad enough as is.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-24 11:27:42  
How many years will it take me to finish a Prime weapon if I only farm it during free login campaigns? Asking for a friend
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-24 11:34:03  
Quote:
How many years will it take me to finish a Prime weapon if I only farm it during free login campaigns? Asking for a friend

Do you want your answer in terms of years before or after the next passing of Hailey's comet?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 11:49:39  
Anybody knows if someone can join a party last minute and still benefit from the number in line the Party Leader has?

Or if it's just like any other queueing system in game, where all the party members you want to bring in need to be in party the moment you get in line, and anybody else you may invite after that will simply not be transported into the battlefield?
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-05-24 11:52:12  
It seems if you have already finished monthly Peculiar Foes you cannot now get the 5 Voracious psyche from Elijah. Zoned a few times and talked to him, went to a couple Foe NM locations, cannot pop them nor has it given me the items. Has anyone found a workaround for this? (Edit-Note) Posted issue on official forums as well.
 Bahamut.Skald
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-05-24 12:02:41  
Bahamut.Certainly said: »
Stop trying to enter the second fight solo, clogging the queue.

Agree to this for the sake of everyone's time on day 1 but it's doable solo.

DNC/RUN was safe. Trusts get nuked quite a bit, echo drops to re-summon, felt like silence was going off quite a bit. Fetters seemed to have ~150k hp.
By bravis 2023-05-24 12:25:59  
It seems if you have already finished monthly Peculiar Foes you cannot now get the 5 Voracious psyche from Elijah. Zoned a few times and talked to him, went to a couple Foe NM locations, cannot pop them nor has it given me the items. Has anyone found a workaround for this? (Edit-Note) Posted issue on official forums as well.

I was able to get mine. Did you talk to Gama-Shama about prime weapon again after completing new VR missions before speaking with Elijah?
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-05-24 12:35:02  
bravis said: »

I was able to get mine. Did you talk to Gama-Shama about prime weapon again after completing new VR missions before speaking with Elijah?

I did, and he provided the list of things needed to upgrade.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-05-24 12:38:00  
The real question is how many AH peepee points will the Primes be worth?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By bravis 2023-05-24 12:39:10  
Very odd indeed must be some sort of bug then for sure. I spoke with Elijah twice got nothing zoned and spoke with him again twice and finally got items.
 Ragnarok.Siyual
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2023-05-24 12:40:41  
I had to talk to him a few times, but got the 5. I had all the RoE done last week.

Might just need to keep talking to him.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14