May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 03:03:22  
Vaerix said: »
Stage 3 Prime Materials,

1,000,000 Gallimaufry,
2 Octahedrites,
5 Voracious Psyche

Guess we'll hear about stage 4 in a few weeks once groups get that first 1m muffins.
Stage 4 Prime Materials:
2.000.000 Gallimaufry
3 Hexahedrite
10 Voracious Psyche

Stage 5 Prime Materials:
3.000.000 Gallimaufry
4 Mesosiderite
15 Voracious Psyche

(they're just my hypothesys of course, not in-game text! Altough that should be easily datamine-able from Gama-Shama text dats)
[+]
By Tarage 2023-05-24 03:05:19  
Talking to Elijah after having already completed all the RoE does NOT give you items.
By Tarage 2023-05-24 03:08:03  
Also looks like you can change rings probably once a week.
By Meeble 2023-05-24 03:09:22  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
1m for stage 3 is worse than expected

Yeah, that's rough.

Making every Empy +3 reforge cost 7% of your Stage 3 upgrade progress is a real kick in the muffins too.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-24 03:15:02  
Tarage said: »
Also looks like you can change rings probably once a week.

I dropped on my mule for science. All it says is come back later. Will be trying tomorrow after JP midnight.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-05-24 03:27:49  
did you zone after dropping because they stay in recycle
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-24 03:31:09  
Yes, that's after zoning. There is no message at all before zoning.

Nothing after the VD day change either, so it's either JP midnight or conquest tally.
By RadialArcana 2023-05-24 03:36:48  
Asura.Sechs said: »
These red weapons seem to be weapons that various NPCs will use to help us in some cutscene/fight for the final battle? Or something...

No they are player weapons, the ones they use are built into the dat files of those npc.

If I had to guess they are possibly from a htbf version of the last fight maybe.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-05-24 03:37:48  
Anyone try sortie after finishing VR and see if we get Gall bonus per kill
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 03:43:31  
Around 6 months of almost daily ~40k Galli run for a Prime Weapon is a plausible scenario. You can have relaxed runs and can skip like ~5 runs a month and still manage.
We're talking about less than 4 months for someone who gets ~50k per run and never skips not even a single Sortie day and does 1 additional run whenever the Ruspix KI is ready.

I don't know what to think about it. It could be better (if the amount of required galli for stage 4 and 5 is lower that I envisioned), or it could be worse (if it's actually required more).
The problem here is more about people getting burned out in grinding Sortie so much.
I know a lot of people are close to feeling like that now already because of the Empy+3 farming. Expecting people to do that for such a long time is, I dunno, kind of a sad scenario?
Then again it's not like it's "required" for us to do it. It's just that it's gonna be an ultimately uneffective carrot on a stick for a lot of people after the first prime completed, and I wonder how is this gonna turn out in the long run. We'll see by the beginning of 2024 I suppose.

Maybe by the end of the year they will implement some adjustments, like allowing people to trade prime-stones, Sapphires and Starstones back for a small amount of Galli each.
That would make the farming feel a bit more reasonable?
Or maybe a KI that slightly lowers the amount of required Galli once you completed the first prime? I dunno, we'll see.
I wouldn't completely rule out something like these things I mentioned being implemented 6+ months from now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shaedhen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Shadowwww
By Ragnarok.Shaedhen 2023-05-24 03:51:29  
I guess they were kind of joking when they said you could do it solo if you want.
I mean yes, you probably could. But if it takes 6 months with a decent group, how long is it gonna take alone ? 3 years ?

Maybe stage 4 and 5 will surprise us in a good way. If not, I guess, and hope, they'll make some adjustments in the future. Like, I don't know, maybe make Aminon a bit more relevant ?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 04:01:01  
Ragnarok.Shaedhen said: »
I guess they were kind of joking when they said you could do it solo if you want.
I mean yes, you probably could. But if it takes 6 months with a decent group, how long is it gonna take alone ? 3 years ?
Supposing my estimate of ~6mils total galli required being correct (and that's a big "if", it could be lower or it could be higher) and supposing ~15k solo galli runs almost every day then around 15 months.
Supposing ~10k solo galli runs almost every day then around 22 months.

Part of me wants to say "it's not too bad". Part of me laughs sarcastically at that.
It took me more than 1 year of almost daily Dynamis runs (2hrs!) to fund my very first relic, to make an example.
Then again those were other times, other standards, I doubt those would be considered acceptable by the majority of players nowadays, and I definitely felt incredibly burned out to the point I didn't want to go anywhere near Dynamis for a long time, I even took a break from FFXI etc.

Quote:
I don't know, maybe make Aminon a bit more relevant ?
Aminon is already somewhat "relevant".
A very solid group, like one who can kill 8 bosses per run getting ~50k per run, can alternate these regular 8bosses runs with Aminon+2 basement bosses runs, getting ~75k per run. Close to 90k per run supposing a group can actually kill 3 basement bosses + Aminon, that might be technically possible? I don't know.
Supposing it is, such a group doing daily runs would gain a lot of galli, reaching the required goal of 6mils in slightly less than 3 months (at that point Psyche might become the real gate, supposing my numbers of 30 total psyche is correct, for all we know it could be just 15 required eh!)
 Ragnarok.Shaedhen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Shadowwww
By Ragnarok.Shaedhen 2023-05-24 04:15:25  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Then again those were other times, other standards, I doubt those would be considered acceptable by the majority of players nowadays, and I definitely felt incredibly burned out to the point I didn't want to go anywhere near Dynamis for a long time, I even took a break from FFXI etc.

Yeah, that was mainly what i was thinking. It feels really old school, like back to these standards. Except that even then, you could still make the process faster by buying some currencies. Here it's just daily farm, not matter what.

But that's for doing it solo of course, which isn't really what most people will do. As far as going with a group goes, it seems decent. More worried about getting burned out than anything else really.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-24 04:17:01  
More worried about getting burned out than anything else really.

this 100%. ive been bored of sortie for months already.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-05-24 04:20:59  
You can't get 40k soloing. 6 months is not possible.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 04:25:06  
More worried about getting burned out than anything else really.
This is the problem, and I doubt they really gave too much thought about it.
Hopefully they will "fix" something by the beginning of next year, making things a bit smoother.

Because really, I can envision myself doing Sortie this much until the end of the year maybe, but beyond that? Nope.
I'm already close to feeling burned out now. No way I can resist that long without starting to hate the game.
And myself.
And SquareEnix.
lol

But hey! Way too early to get mad about it.
For all we know stage 4 and 5 could require 200k Galli each!
For all we know prime weapon 2 and onward could require less than half Galli than the first!
(yeeeeh... wishful thinking, right?)
By Homsar 2023-05-24 04:30:28  
0% chance I'm getting a Prime weapon. Too much of a grind and nothing to use it on. Time for me to hang it up, I suppose.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Tarage 2023-05-24 05:01:23  
Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
Anyone try sortie after finishing VR and see if we get Gall bonus per kill

Adorable to assume it might. It does not.
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-05-24 05:02:43  
I’m assuming it’ll be more like

3: 1M
4: 10M
5: 100M

Lol
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-24 05:03:27  
So much for "primes are solo able". What a joke.

Doubt the JP community are excited by this much grind either.
By Phex 2023-05-24 05:19:07  
Solo/lowman 10-20k muffins per run only for stage 3 is excessively high and doesnd fit to our reality of life anymore. We started in an age of 12-30 and reached 30-50+ and (hopefully) have a real-life.
If at least the primes muffins were treatened as an allover-gathered number but no, you have to deside to farm AF+2/+3 OR a weapon...
Iam very disappointed to offer such a brain-death grind to adults.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-05-24 05:20:42  
Octahedrite drops from the basement.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-05-24 05:26:25  
I wouldn't necessarily mind high galli requirements for stage 4/5, but having them for 3 is such a kick in the balls and screws everyone over by obfuscating our knowledge of what we're even making.

Gonna be a long time before we have testing on all the WSes. It already would've been a pain given stage 3 is only useable in Sortie, now it's just not gonna happen for all of them for months.

Unless every WS is super OP with huge attack boosts to ensure we can make use of all that PDL, there's going to be a lot of rage when people spend 1m galli on their darling weapon type only to find its WS sucks.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 05:30:14  
Phex said: »
Solo/lowman 10-20k muffins per run only for stage 3 is excessively high and doesnd fit to our reality of life anymore. We started in an age of 12-30 and reached 30-50+ and (hopefully) have a real-life.
I bet everybody agrees with this, I personally do.
Then again someone could say "you're not forced to pursue a Prime Weapon" or even "it's the trip that matters, not reaching the goal asap!"
Which is probably what SE had in mind when they decided the numbers for these weapons.

Imho this way of thinking works in theory, but it doesn't in reality.

What are Prime Weapons after all?
A big carrot on a stick.
It gives you motivation to keep playing a game with very little updates from now on.
It gives you reason to keep spamming a specific content.
It gives you a sense of progression, a sense of achievement.

It's all good and well, but the problem here I'm afraid is the speed of this process.
Supposing the estimates I calculated earlier are close to the truth (we DO NOT KNOW yet!) then yeah, that's the problem.
Will they acknowledge it though? Eventually?

This is going to feel especially wrong and frustrating to all those people who are not done upgrading their Empy+3 yet.
Luckily I'm basically done, from now on I only miss pieces that I decided to get as a way to not waste Galli, not because I wanted/needed them. So by skipping them I won't really feel bad.
What about everybody else though?
Eh...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-24 05:44:41  
If you morons collectively don't do it, they will adjust it.

But it's like yelling at a *** wall cause you're going to do it despite the complaining. Make any excuse to justify it.

Punch yourself in the face every day for 6 months and complain that the fist hurts. Christ.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-05-24 05:51:45  
I don't know why they don't just double the cooldown to enter and double the rewards, it will make it less of a grind and reduce congestion.
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2023-05-24 05:58:30  
Muffins should be attainable by all end game content (Omen, Dynamis-D, Sortie). Not just one that you only have access to for an hour a day. I’m not pleased with their decision to gate this heavily.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 06:01:12  
RadialArcana said: »
I don't know why they don't just double the cooldown to enter and double the rewards, it will make it less of a grind and reduce congestion.
As for the "why" the answer probably is that they want to give reason for people to login every day.
They started with this approach years ago and have tried to pursue it in multiple way by offering several "daily" stuff.
It's probably also the main reason (not the only one) why Sheol A/B/C KI is still on a daily basis and they won't allow you to store it like Omen.
Because they don't want you to log 2-3 times per week, they want you to log every day.

Good or bad, this has been the grand design behind many of their decisions over the last years.
But hey, things could change now that Fujito arrives, who knows?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 06:04:18  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you morons collectively don't do it, they will adjust it.
You're right, but we both knows it's not gonna happen.

Anyway, I'd like to emphasize that atm WE STILL DON'T KNOW the requirements for Stage 4 and 5. I made some plausible estimates but they're just that: estimates.
We also don't know if these numbers change from the 2nd weapon onward.

All of these things should be easily datamine-able by checking the relevant NPC dat dialogues. The text is there, if someone knows how to do it, they know what to look for and can extract the english text from that NPC's dialogue. At that point we might have a clearer idea of what to expect!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14