May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
By Seun 2023-05-25 03:31:47  
Meeble said: »
Seun said: »
You really should give more consideration to what would happen to this event if you added all that gil to it.

So pick something else. The point is that Sortie should be more rewarding for the time spent, and that can easily be done without hurting or reducing the prime grind.

It works how I would want it to work. People only show up to Sortie when they need things from Sortie.

If you added gil and other items then you're adding reasons for people that otherwise wouldn't be there to come and clog up the queue. So on top of your already suggested bonuses, we now have to apply more to offset the hour you stood there waiting in queue. At this point, Sortie is a go to for EP and invites more players and even higher queues.... The issue compounds itself.

I'll gladly forego monetary reward for low/no queues. It's not possible to be rewarding enough to make me sit there for an extra hour everyday.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-25 03:33:42  
Question about access to the last (#2) fight of the TVR story.
You need a stage2 prime weapon to deal the last 1% damage to the boss and that's fight.
But to ACCESS the BC you need to keep a Prime Weapon Stage2 equipped.

My question is this: Are Duban and Loughnashade viable to be granted access to the BC?
I know they're not enough to deal the last 1% damage, clearly, but are they enough to be eligible for ACCESS to the BC?
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2023-05-25 03:47:13  
Asura.Sechs said: »
My question is this: Are Duban and Loughnashade viable to be granted access to the BC?
No. You get an explicit message about that when you touch the portal.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-25 03:52:54  
Question about access to the last (#2) fight of the TVR story.
You need a stage2 prime weapon to deal the last 1% damage to the boss and that's fight.
But to ACCESS the BC you need to keep a Prime Weapon Stage2 equipped.

I know they're not enough to deal the last 1% damage, clearly, but are they enough to be eligible for ACCESS to the BC?

You only need the stage 2 when you interact with the Valhallan Rift. It doesn't need to remain equipped while you are in queue.

I assume that they didn't want players trying to enter the battle solo and finding out the hard way that requiem and shield bash don't count toward the killing blow.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-25 04:30:41  
You only need the stage 2 when you interact with the Valhallan Rift. It doesn't need to remain equipped while you are in queue.
Sadly it sorta does.
Had this problem with a friend in my party yesterday. He accidentally unequipped the Stage2 after we entered the queue, and when it came our turn after 40mins of wait, I couldn't enter the BC because he was afk with the weapon unequipped.
Had to kick him from the party to be able to enter.

Quote:
I assume that they didn't want players trying to enter the battle solo and finding out the hard way that requiem and shield bash don't count toward the killing blow.
It does make sense from a gameplay point of view, to avoid confusion, but couldn't they simply avoid entirely this confusion to begin with?
The point I'm tryin to make is "why"? Couldn't they let Shield Bash or Requiem work and make things simpler for everybody rather than creating this messy situation?
I know, there's no point discussing it, but honestly it sounds a very 2005-gaming type of thing if you ask me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Phinneus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: ayer
By Bahamut.Phinneus 2023-05-25 05:40:59  
I'll gladly forego monetary reward for low/no queues. It's not possible to be rewarding enough to make me sit there for an extra hour everyday.

You say this, but stay on Asura. Long queues are pretty exclusive to that server.

Bring on the gil!
 Bahamut.Phinneus
user: ayer
By Bahamut.Phinneus 2023-05-25 05:41:05  

You say this, but stay on Asura. Long queues are pretty exclusive to that server.

Bring on the gil!
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-25 06:49:28  
Sadly it sorta does.
Had this problem with a friend in my party yesterday. He accidentally unequipped the Stage2 after we entered the queue, and when it came our turn after 40mins of wait, I couldn't enter the BC because he was afk with the weapon unequipped.
Had to kick him from the party to be able to enter.

Right, everyone going in has to have the weapon equipped when you interact with the rift. While you're waiting to go in you can all remove we weapons to avoid the HP/tic.

Bahamut.Phinneus said: »

Bring on the gil!

You don't look broke...

The queues are minimal everywhere because of how the event currently works. We only know about stage 3 and people are tilted about the time investment. SE on purpose made the event self-serving so that it would be available on demand for people who belong to it.

It's not like most everything else we do doesn't reward gil and detritus anyway. Besides, we know damn well you guys don't keep your canteens on cooldown farming. At least act like you're out here trying to get it for yourself before you go begging it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-25 07:22:19  
Empyrean +2/3 have no gil sink and prime weapons have no gil sink. There is no merc items to buy. Not really any clears to buy. Sortie is nearly completely gil neutral.

Gil is worthless. Putting more in without any sink is the worst thing they can do. Bad enough as it is.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-05-25 07:57:34  
Quote:
We’ve all been grinding Ody C farms for nearly 3 years, how is sortie that much different? In terms of hours spent I don’t think it’s much different even from upgrading a relic weapon to 119 R15.

Oddy C is half an hour long, rewards a little over 1 million gil at the end, and gives a good chunk of exemplar points in an event you're gonna do anyway. You can actually raise master levels up to around 30-40's range by just running sheol for long enough. Sortie on the other hand is one hour long, gives no gil, and offers very little exemplar. The fact that it's double the duration is what turns people off the most. There's a very big difference between a half hour daily and a one hour daily.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-05-25 09:37:08  
It works how I would want it to work. People only show up to Sortie when they need things from Sortie.

If you added gil and other items then you're adding reasons for people that otherwise wouldn't be there to come and clog up the queue. So on top of your already suggested bonuses, we now have to apply more to offset the hour you stood there waiting in queue. At this point, Sortie is a go to for EP and invites more players and even higher queues.... The issue compounds itself.

Ah.

"The event should stay unpopular because that's more convenient for me."

I wholeheartedly disagree, but thank you for clarifying your opinion.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-05-25 09:39:10  
Here are my predictions:
• Stage 3: 1 million Gall 5 psyche
• Stage 4: 2 million Gall 10 psyche
• Stage 5: 3 million Gall 15 psyche
Why? Well, for Stage 3, it would take 33k Gall per run, resulting in 30 runs to reach 1 million. That means it would take about 1 month. For Stage 4, it would take 2 months since it's double the amount, and for Stage 5, it would take 3 months, totaling a 6-month grind. However, they mentioned that some groups might finish sooner.
If we assume 40k Gall per run, it would take 5 months to reach the required amount per prime, and a 4-month grind with 50k per run.
I'm not sure when the monthly item would become more limiting than Gall. For the first stage, it requires 5 psyche, so the next stage might require 10, and the one after that might require 15. This would result in a 6-month timeframe.
If that's the case, we would need 480 psyche for all primes. Since we get 5 per month or 60 per year, it would take 8 years to acquire all primes.
They mentioned that some groups will finish before the end of the year, which likely means those groups can complete runs with 40k Gall. In that case, my previous numbers for psyche would probably hold up.
This would also imply that we would have around 80 days off from sortie per year to complete 2 primes if you can manage 40k Gall per run.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-05-25 09:48:29  
80 days off? There are no days off from Sortie. FOMO is real.
The day you don't go is the day 17 +2 earrings will rain from the heavens.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-05-25 09:48:34  
My only hope for the system is that someone in the party having a stage 3+ weapons signficantly increases gallimaufry gain for everyone in the party. Once at least one person gets a stage 3, then galli is doubled or something for everyone. Stage 4 price takes this into account when calibrating for intended time to finish, so it works as basically a catch-up/repeat easement mechanic. Repeat with further increases for having a stage 4 and maybe even a stage 5 weapon.

Incredibly unlikely, but something like this is the only chance in my eyes of it being reasonable.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-05-25 10:09:06  
I would be really interesting to see this. You'd either have active player groupings....or more multi boxing.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-25 10:18:21  
Asura.Geriond said: »
My only hope for the system is that someone in the party having a stage 3+ weapons signficantly increases gallimaufry gain for everyone in the party. Once at least one person gets a stage 3, then galli is doubled or something for everyone.

I'd like this also, but my expectation is that they do something to make the weapons more relevant in Sortie and diversify strategies. The fact the phase 3s only allow you to use the weaponskills in Sortie would make the phase 3 weapons entirely useless if they didn't do something to expand strats in there.

Maybe using the Prime weaponskills procs them somehow or something?

They also explicitly called attention twice to the half year timegate, so I doubt they are gonna do anything to speed it up, but I suppose it's possible they give us options to increase galli rewards while throttling finishes via Psyches.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-25 10:23:34  
Asura.Geriond said: »
My only hope for the system is that someone in the party having a stage 3+ weapons signficantly increases gallimaufry gain for everyone in the party. Once at least one person gets a stage 3, then galli is doubled or something for everyone. Stage 4 price takes this into account when calibrating for intended time to finish, so it works as basically a catch-up/repeat easement mechanic. Repeat with further increases for having a stage 4 and maybe even a stage 5 weapon.

Incredibly unlikely, but something like this is the only chance in my eyes of it being reasonable.

I wouldn't say it's incredibly unlikely, they've had catchup mechanics for quite a while in some form or another. Granted, the description of altering behavior of the bosses needs to be stretched a bit if it's only changing rewards. Could envision something like the weapons allowing a proc that (in addition to any combat effects) grants bonus gallimaufry. Requiring a specific weapon to hit the mob to proc it would be an interesting way to do it, since you'd be unable to guarantee it happened but could increase your chances through job variety and weapon variety.
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-05-25 10:29:03  
The -drite stones are right there and should've been the primary currency grind for Primes, to ensure no conflicts with upgrading Empyrean armor.

As-is, the -drite stones are kind of baffling. Octahedrite appear to be about as common as Eikondrite, able to drop from both floors. You only need two to upgrade to Stage 3, yet you need 1m gallimaufry; you'll have the former after 2-3 runs, while the latter takes a month's worth or more. What's the point of the -drite stones at all? They're a boring inventory clogging inevitability.

Would've probably eased the gap between casual and hardcore players' progress too, considering the -drite stones can drop from both bosses and chests, whereas bosses alone are the major source of gallimaufry.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-25 10:49:38  

Ah.

"The event should stay unpopular because that's more convenient for me."

I wholeheartedly disagree, but thank you for clarifying your opinion.

You're the one asking for more here Meeble. I'm fine with just earning the event specific rewards. There are any number of things you could to to earn gil or EP. There is only one place you can go to upgrade empyrean armor and farm prime weapons. I don't think adding or increasing queues is popular to anyone.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-25 10:51:55  
I don't think adding or increasing queues is popular to anyone.

The issue with this kind of logic is that we're paying for an online service, an hour queue to enter an instance that could be hosted on a raspberry pi(probably literally) is just insulting. You're basically saying you want content to be worse, so less people do it, so you don't have to wait. That's bordering on stockholm syndrome.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2023-05-25 11:02:20  
Asura.Melliny said: »
Oddy C is half an hour long, rewards a little over 1 million gil at the end, and gives a good chunk of exemplar points in an event you're gonna do anyway. You can actually raise master levels up to around 30-40's range by just running sheol for long enough. Sortie on the other hand is one hour long, gives no gil, and offers very little exemplar. The fact that it's double the duration is what turns people off the most. There's a very big difference between a half hour daily and a one hour daily.
Been doing Ody C basically every day for the past two years, since before mLvs were introduced. We skip days here and there but often 7 days a week. I'm nearly always on WAR, and I'm currently 700k/1,380k on mLv43. I also haven't intentionally EP'd on WAR. It's slow but it does build up.

Personally, Ody C funds everything I need, and like you said it's half the commitment. Adding on Sortie as a daily event would triple my time investment, and the output isn't nearly as rewarding. Especially since earrings are *** RNG to the highest degree.
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-25 11:04:27  
Asura.Disclai said: »
The -drite stones are right there and should've been the primary currency grind for Primes, to ensure no conflicts with upgrading Empyrean armor.

As-is, the -drite stones are kind of baffling. Octahedrite appear to be about as common as Eikondrite, able to drop from both floors. You only need two to upgrade to Stage 3, yet you need 1m gallimaufry; you'll have the former after 2-3 runs, while the latter takes a month's worth or more. What's the point of the -drite stones at all? They're a boring inventory clogging inevitability.

Would've probably eased the gap between casual and hardcore players' progress too, considering the -drite stones can drop from both bosses and chests, whereas bosses alone are the major source of gallimaufry.

This! Up the chances off Boss Chest for the good groups to progress faster, let you buy them with Galli and its a solid system.

Galli for Emp+2/3 or faster progression. Stones for Prime weapons.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-05-25 11:27:10  
What bothers me the most is they said this is soloable? I mean I guess if you have 2 years to accumulate the gally everyday maybe...

Our group runs 4 times a week making 45k a run (because we are grown *** adults playing a 20 yo game and that's all we can tolerate) and still will take +5 weeks just to get the first million. Maybe they should understand their player base are not teenagers anymore....

Unless they start allowing you to sell back all of these excess stones for decent amounts of gally, this is just going to discourage people from participating further. Or implement an omen system that lets you store 3-4 KIs at a time. I already have the 2 octos and 5 psyche items after 1 day for the next tier.

You know when I started this game back up 2 years ago, there was plenty of content a newbie scrub could do to get on somewhat equal footing with the player base if they put in the effort. Now they seem hell bent on separating the haves and the have nots more than ever.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kahraba
user: ashcrow
By Bahamut.Kahraba 2023-05-25 11:35:03  
Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
Here are my predictions:
Why? Well, for Stage 3, it would take 33k Gall per run, resulting in 30 runs to reach 1 million. That means it would take about 1 month. For Stage 4, it would take 2 months since it's double the amount, and for Stage 5, it would take 3 months, totaling a 6-month grind. However, they mentioned that some groups might finish sooner.
If we assume 40k Gall per run, it would take 5 months to reach the required amount per prime, and a 4-month grind with 50k per run.
I'm not sure when the monthly item would become more limiting than Gall. For the first stage, it requires 5 psyche, so the next stage might require 10, and the one after that might require 15. This would result in a 6-month timeframe.
If that's the case, we would need 480 psyche for all primes. Since we get 5 per month or 60 per year, it would take 8 years to acquire all primes.
They mentioned that some groups will finish before the end of the year, which likely means those groups can complete runs with 40k Gall. In that case, my previous numbers for psyche would probably hold up.
This would also imply that we would have around 80 days off from sortie per year to complete 2 primes if you can manage 40k Gall per run.

What thats it 3mill galli for the final stage?
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-05-25 11:38:59  
Bahamut.Kahraba said: »
Here are my predictions:

What thats it 3mill galli for the final stage?
Just a prediction but it seems in line with the interviews we heard.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-25 11:44:25  
All we know is that if the 4th/5th stages are already implemented ingame, they're reusing the same dialog table entries.
Code
So here's your favorite list of materials:
≺Number≻ gallimaufry, ≺Number≻≺Item>, and ≺Number><Item>.<Prompt≻

Code
And what do you know--she even gave me a list! “≺Number≻ <Item> and ≺Number≻ gallimaufry.”<Prompt>

Because the parameters come from a packet the server sends, we have no way of knowing what they are until someone gets there. It seems likely they'll follow the pattern of psyche and -ite items, but that's not actually known for sure yet. They could also have left it as a placeholder of sorts and not actually implemented stage 5 yet, since it's likely impossible to complete Lv119 v2 by next update. I would assume stage 4 is implemented since people may finish 1m gallimaufry before the next patch, and the NPC would need to tell them what's next.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-25 12:22:02  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
You're basically saying you want content to be worse, so less people do it, so you don't have to wait. That's bordering on stockholm syndrome.

Seun said:
It works how I would want it to work.

No change is sabotage then?

I don't think it needs incentive beyond the armor and weapons. If people think the event needs to be adjusted to be more rewarding, then it should be rewarding more of what you went for in the first place, not gil and EP.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-25 12:42:56  
Here are my predictions:
Hey you! >:|
You copycat, you!

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57284/may-2023-version-update-part-2/3/#3664983

lol
But yeah I expect something like that.
In before SE surprises the both of us negatively! :-P
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-05-25 12:58:00  
Maybe we'll somehow luck out and later stages will pivot toward -drite stones as the primary sink and less/same gallimaufry.

We won't. But maybe.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-25 13:04:00  
Such the optimist, aren't you? <3

That's what they should've done, using galli as additional currency to buy up to X -drite stones per week/month.
But with that system it would've been harder to respect their estimate of "6 months for a proficient group".
Supposing we are to hold that sentence as set in stone.
Most of us (myself included) are, but the reality could be different and that could be a super generic thing said during an interview and not to be considered as absolute divine law.

Unless they plan for a convertion system in the future though, the stones atm feel like completely useless. I dunno, what the *** where they thinking with them?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14