May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
May 2023 Version Update (Part 2)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14
By Homsar 2023-05-24 18:25:35  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Horizon and XIV are so much better than XI at this point.

Haven't played XIV, so can't comment there.

I wouldn't say Horizon is "much" better, but it's novel and fresh for the time being. I feel like they went too hard on the "recreate that old FFXI feeling!" and left some decent QoL options on the table. Increased movement speed(in town, at least), warp ring, remove EXP loss on death, ditch Bazaar taxes could have all been done and still maintained the core of the game.
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-24 18:28:58  
Meeble said: »
There are a lot of ways SE could tweak things to make it feel less bad without making prime acquisition any faster.

• Dramatically higher EP

• New recipes/Crafting material drops

• Some kind of Earring upgrade currency

• Good ol' Detritus

• Gil

You really should give more consideration to what would happen to this event if you added all that gil to it.
 Asura.Iamaman
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-24 18:44:24  
Just a warning, there is a very long, unskippable full screen (no chat windows either) cutscene after you finish in Xarcabard. Don't click that if you planned on doing something right after or are talking to someone. I think it's around 8-11 min or so, I didn't count precisely.

Valefor.Worlace said: »
We’ve all been grinding Ody C farms for nearly 3 years, how is sortie that much different?

The biggest thing for me is the time commitment. Doing Sortie is an hour commitment not including prep time, Sheol C is 30 minutes. If I'm at the end of the day, Sheol C affords us prep time, time to do the content, then possibly something else. The fully hour just seems to suck the time away from other content especially if you use your second KI when it is available.

Shoel C is also random to some degree, you get random mob selections, and it feels more engaging because you spend less time running around the zone. You also get more rewards in terms of gil, segments, and upgrade materials, the EP reward is also decent sub-ML30. I also feel the pace is faster.
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-05-24 19:12:11  
Octahedrite does drop from blue chests in basement also.

https://imgur.com/a/q8AQmMl

Flans Blue chest
 Valefor.Worlace
サーバ: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2023-05-24 19:18:28  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
Just a warning, there is a very long, unskippable full screen (no chat windows either) cutscene after you finish in Xarcabard. Don't click that if you planned on doing something right after or are talking to someone. I think it's around 8-11 min or so, I didn't count precisely.

Valefor.Worlace said: »
We’ve all been grinding Ody C farms for nearly 3 years, how is sortie that much different?

The biggest thing for me is the time commitment. Doing Sortie is an hour commitment not including prep time, Sheol C is 30 minutes. If I'm at the end of the day, Sheol C affords us prep time, time to do the content, then possibly something else. The fully hour just seems to suck the time away from other content especially if you use your second KI when it is available.

Shoel C is also random to some degree, you get random mob selections, and it feels more engaging because you spend less time running around the zone. You also get more rewards in terms of gil, segments, and upgrade materials, the EP reward is also decent sub-ML30. I also feel the pace is faster.

I agree with you there. It's time gated content, but at least you can do both mage and melee setups to get relatively similar rewards. Hopefully more ideal job setups will be discovered or manufactured over time that will be able to min/max more muffins per run. Whoever said it before was correct. Adding some kind of reward for completing X bosses or objectives would also be helpful.

Despite all the b!tching, I'm hopeful that the social team is reading this and passing the info along to the developers:

- Reduce muffin cost for prime weapons, increase stones cost
-- End result: Possibly similar "time" spent per weapon, but doesn't detract from +2/3 upgrades
- Add a muffins boost from beating X bosses or completing Y objectives. Gil would be cool too, but not necessary.
-- This also helps solo players progress quicker
 Phoenix.Jimie
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2023-05-24 19:26:51  
As the player pool diminished steadily over the years and the player group aged reducing their playtime due to family commitments etc, it was great to see FFXI become more solo friendly.

Having Primes detract from Empy+2/3 upgrades, along with 166 days non-stop Sortie just to reach stage 3 for a casual 6k/run player is incredibly disappointing.

It makes them feel unachievable and therefore makes time investment feel a wasted effort.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2023-05-24 19:33:44  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-05-24 19:40:08  
yeah :( the biggest issue for me with a galli req that high is every time you upgrade emp armor you set yourself back from the weapon.

This single currency mechanic differs from previous content (Dynamis/Salvage/Abyssea/NNI) in which you could achieve smaller goals on the way to the bigger one. Would have preferred a much higher stone requirement with less galli, so might've been a bit more rng but more productive long term.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2023-05-24 19:43:31  
although prime stages 4 and 5 could follow the trend of its relic counterpart with increasing requirements, it could also be that stage 4 is considered the "base form" and stage 5 is a different kind of Oboro-esque upgrade more separated from Sortie

also tbf 95 Empyrean weapons had and have a higher requirement than 99 Empyrean weapons
By Ultimaetus 2023-05-24 19:47:32  
So minor spoiler in the new missions.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-05-24 19:54:29  
Ultimaetus said: »
So minor spoiler in the new missions.

Yes, but was very dissapointed by the animation (banish?!) lol
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-05-24 19:58:25  
Siren.Bruno said: »
although prime stages 4 and 5 could follow the trend of its relic counterpart with increasing requirements, it could also be that stage 4 is considered the "base form" and stage 5 is a different kind of Oboro-esque upgrade more separated from Sortie

also tbf 95 Empyrean weapons had and have a higher requirement than 99 Empyrean weapons

I was just thinking (hoping?) along these lines. Be nice if the requirements are more on the item side beyond stage 3.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-24 20:28:28  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Horizon and XIV are so much better than XI at this point.

Nope
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2023-05-24 20:42:52  
All 3 games are mid but I bet if multi boxing was allowed on horizon half the people calling it bad would prob play it. Since most of retails sweatiest players run 4-6 accounts basically automated. I’d love to see a challenge where all the multi boxers deactivate all their mule/bots and play the game how it was meant 1 account having to team up with people again. I mean it’s just another way of paying to win. You just spend the money on the extra accounts
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-05-24 20:52:37  
Can we please not end with this thread locked too? Ffs. I still need to get my fill of bitching and whining in.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-24 20:59:43  
So why not say that when he made that initial post? Only when someone responds to it lol

Asura.Hotworks said: »
All 3 games are mid but I bet if multi boxing was allowed on horizon half the people calling it bad would prob play it. Since most of retails sweatiest players run 4-6 accounts basically automated. I’d love to see a challenge where all the multi boxers deactivate all their mule/bots and play the game how it was meant 1 account having to team up with people again. I mean it’s just another way of paying to win. You just spend the money on the extra accounts

The way they've probably played it for over a decade before multi boxing. Its def a type of pay to win but I would never touch a shitty game like Horizon, its not even XI in my book.
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-24 21:02:45  
Sudden Lunge owns the Chaos Fight, didn't even see a fetter. PLD,WHM,WAR,BLU,COR. 30 second fight.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-24 21:27:37  
Seun said: »
Meeble said: »
There are a lot of ways SE could tweak things to make it feel less bad without making prime acquisition any faster.

• Dramatically higher EP

• New recipes/Crafting material drops

• Some kind of Earring upgrade currency

• Good ol' Detritus

• Gil

You really should give more consideration to what would happen to this event if you added all that gil to it.

Yeah more EP and an Earring upgrade system would be all I'd need to be enthusiastic about sortie. We can't sell Prime currencies, doesn't make sense to add in money drops.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-05-24 21:33:20  
Seun said: »

So pick something else. The point is that Sortie should be more rewarding for the time spent, and that can easily be done without hurting or reducing the prime grind.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-24 21:35:14  
They don't need to add or change anything unless you refuse to do it as is
[+]
By Guyford 2023-05-24 21:35:39  
Got an octahedrite from a blue chest (flan room). Pretty sure its any chest(/boss) from basement.
By Moink 2023-05-24 21:50:33  
Can get Octahedrite off top floor bosses.

Youtube set right before it drops.
By Univarsity 2023-05-24 23:20:43  
Seems any Boss can drop the Octahedrite's, got lucky and got 3 in one run

fiat 500 abarth quarter mile
By Manque 2023-05-24 23:35:08  
Univarsity said: »
Seems any Boss can drop the Octahedrite's, got lucky and got 3 in one run

[+]
By Minaras84 2023-05-24 23:45:32  
So... updating the game now on a 56k basically and i cant wait so i gotta ask.
Do we still need old materials?
Ive been stacking sapphires,stones and eikondrites or whatever their names are just because i thought they could have a use for the new stages.
Do they or can i finally chuck them away?
By Manque 2023-05-25 00:09:33  
Minaras84 said: »
So... updating the game now on a 56k basically and i cant wait so i gotta ask.
Do we still need old materials?
Ive been stacking sapphires,stones and eikondrites or whatever their names are just because i thought they could have a use for the new stages.
Do they or can i finally chuck them away?

We only know the requirements of stage 3 at the moment. Probably unlikely they're required for 4/5 but no one can state that with absolute certainty.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ameilia
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: danpelope
By Lakshmi.Ameilia 2023-05-25 00:14:17  
Moink said: »
Can get Octahedrite off top floor bosses.

Confirmed Octahedrite off A boss.

00:14:59 x defeats Ghatjot.
00:14:59 Records of Eminence: Vanquish Multiple Enemies I.
00:14:59 Progress: 142/200.
00:14:59 You lose the temporary item: Ra'Kaznar shard #A.
00:14:59 You obtain the temporary item: Ra'Kaznar shard #E!
00:14:59 Ameilia received 2000 gallimaufry for a total of 59456.
00:14:59 Obtained: Old case.
00:14:59 Obtained: Chunk of eikondrite.
00:14:59 Obtained: Chunk of octahedrite.
[+]
By drakefs 2023-05-25 00:41:44  
Taint said: »
Sudden Lunge owns the Chaos Fight, didn't even see a fetter. PLD,WHM,WAR,BLU,COR. 30 second fight.

I killed him on transition, hit him for ~36k Savage, at ~15% and it ended the fight. Didin't see a fetter or NPCs spawn

It also seemed like the prime weapon had a damage bonus against Chaos. I was hitting for ~17k Expiacions with Tizona. Savage with Cali was ~36k.
[+]
By Homsar 2023-05-25 03:11:18  
Draylo said: »
I would never touch a shitty game like Horizon, its not even XI in my book.

I'm not super hype on Horizon, but this is kind of a weird thing to say. It's more or less a carbon copy of FFXI from 2005.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14