First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 158 159 160
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-14 09:46:41  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
jubes said: »
if kill speed is slow (undergeared solo pup) on A boss is there any recourse for clobbering wave, or will it always eventually kill? have not been getting metal but only tried twice so far. it was my understanding that metal has a finite number of uses but that may be incorrect.

I don't think the metal depletes for A/E the same way it does for the others, I think just having it lets you poisona indefinitely. There's an on screen indicator of the metal's 'health' when you're in the area, so you could look at that to know for sure. Even if not, removing it should fully reset the damage of clobbering wave, so you don't have to keep poison permanently off. Just have to remove it before clobbering wave gets threatening a few times.

I used to solo A/E with the metals and I could waltz poison off the entire time. It might have a limit but it wasn't a limit I found as a single account with 5 trusts.
[+]
 Asura.Timmm
サーバ: Asura
user: Timmm
By Asura.Timmm 2024-05-14 23:20:57  
A/E metal doesn't have limited charges for letting you poisona, but it will get deleted if you trigger him with water damage.
[+]
By Taint 2024-05-15 09:32:28  
Any good tips for avoiding the initial dispel from Aminion as a PLD?

I'm flashing at 20.5, he steps towards me, I step back, get drawn in but dispel always hits me. Am I moving too far? Are you avoid the draw in all together? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By Dodik 2024-05-15 09:34:19  
Get the seal.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-15 10:00:29  
Taint said: »

I'm flashing at 20.5, he steps towards me, I step back, get drawn in but dispel always hits me. Am I moving too far? Are you avoid the draw in all together? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's touchy and idk if you can do it 100% of the time. You need to get it just right so he moves just far enough away before drawing you in to the center so that he draws you out of range of the move. Depends how many steps he decides to take, pathing, etc
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-15 13:03:35  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It's touchy and idk if you can do it 100% of the time. You need to get it just right so he moves just far enough away before drawing you in to the center so that he draws you out of range of the move. Depends how many steps he decides to take, pathing, etc

This is very true. I flash thim from max distance and just run to the left wall until draw-in. Sometimes I go 5 runs in a row without him removing my buffs, but sometimes it just doesn't do anything.

I'm gonna pay attention to the steps like what Prothescar is saying to see if I can identify a pattern.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-15 13:28:04  
Dodik said: »
Get the seal.

We only got the seal once, but from memory, the seal doesn't prevent the dispel, just the death from GoT.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-15 13:32:47  
Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Get the seal.

We only got the seal once, but from memory, the seal doesn't prevent the dispel, just the death from GoT.

You don't need to guess or try to remember.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-15 16:03:59  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Get the seal.

You don't need to guess or try to remember.

That looks like a lot to read, so I'm just gonna assume what I said was correct :)
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-15 16:32:31  

Seal has two effects:

• Incessant Void no longer dispels

• Bane of Tartarus no longer instant KOs - just damage

Dispel at pull when he does Incessant Void can be avoided with seal. Void will not consume seal either, unlike bane. The not consuming bit is not on the wiki I don't think.

The dispel negate is, though rather hidden away.
By Taint 2024-05-15 16:48:57  
Does the seal carry over to your next run?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-15 16:49:04  
Void will not consume seal either, unlike bane.

Big if true. Getting seal every time just to make it so the tank doesn't have to rebuff wouldn't be worth it but only having to get it once ever is a different story
By Dodik 2024-05-15 16:52:35  
Does the seal carry over to your next run?

Will clarify - Void does not consume seal, however, all frags + seal are destroyed if Aminon is killed.

In case of wipe and no multiple Banes that fully consume it the seal remains, as well as frags of course.

If you kill it you need to get seal again is the short of it.

IMO seal is worth it unless your tank is particularly good at rebuffing themselves without help from the busy rdm.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-15 17:15:47  
The Seal has a ton of effects. It changes nearly every TP move Aminon has. Mostly reducing the inflicted status to a lesser version(Like mute to regular silence), or preventing some effects entirely.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-15 17:45:41  
IMO seal is worth it unless your tank is particularly good at rebuffing themselves without help from the busy rdm.

idk, can't imagine a world where this is true. some of those basement NMs can spawn in terrible places, Could spend 5~7minutes getting the seal just to save the tank from having receive 30s worth of buffs. Time would be better spent on naakuals or another basement NM.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-15 17:48:28  
I mean, I guess it depends if that 30sec means a TP move or not a TP move. That's all it takes for run to fail, or slow down a lot.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-15 17:49:58  
Have never ever seen a TP move happen during the pull, he doesn't have enough time to get enough TP just by hitting the tank in that amount of time especially since absorbs can begin almost immediately w/ Frazzle/Dark Threnody being the first spells cast. After that it's just the casting time of phalanx and stoneskin, RDM giving a shell5 (which isn't even necessarily required right away either especially for Aegis pld, PLD's own shell 4 probably even enough to cap anyway). They don't need haste/refresh until after saboteur wears off
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-05-15 17:50:56  

Our PLD almost never ever gets dispelled.

He just Flashes at max distance and walks away.

That's it... He gets drawn in but not dispelled.

We've never bothered with the seal. It's really not needed imo.
By Taint 2024-05-15 18:34:02  
He walks straight back?

Rebuffing is easy. I just stoneskin asap, he gets 1 hit in.

It’s the lack of DPS contribution that’s annoying since I lose rolls.
By Moink 2024-05-15 19:04:02  
He walks straight back?

Rebuffing is easy. I just stoneskin asap, he gets 1 hit in.

It’s the lack of DPS contribution that’s annoying since I lose rolls.

Monday was the first time I was hit on the initial pull. I usually flash it at 22-21.5 at the one of the stones from that distance.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-16 04:56:56  
All I can say is I have seen how quickly Aminon gets TP if he is allowed to hit Pld for just a few seconds to make getting seal a safety first option that does not allow room for error to spoil a run.

Up to you if you want to kill roaming NMs while going for a 8 boss clear.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-05-16 05:40:37  
We’ve killed aminon with PLD (taint) getting dispelled a few times now and TP from hitting the PLD was never the concern, it was just wasting a few seconds rebuffing and losing tacticians that felt bad.
By Dodik 2024-05-16 05:47:15  
I'm sure there are Plds that can handle it fine.
By Taint 2024-05-16 06:37:45  
Avoided it last night thanks to some of the tips. Flashed straight ahead from 22, and ran directly to the left wall where we set up.

Added almost 300k to the parse plus helped with WS wall.

Thank you all!
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-05-16 08:47:46  
Dats my tank!
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-16 13:22:32  
Avoided it last night thanks to some of the tips. Flashed straight ahead from 22, and ran directly to the left wall where we set up.

Thank you all!

Does this mean that brd is putting up soul voice songs before you pull and you've mostly been losing them?
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-05-16 13:39:56  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Thank you all!

Does this mean that brd is putting up soul voice songs before you pull and you've mostly been losing them?

Nah BRD is doing SV songs after pull. The COR is putting up tactician's pre-pull though because we fish for an 11, and that's the more vital thing to not-lose.

Edit: I say vital but the PLD getting dispelled isn't run breaking. It's just nice getting that extra couple % of dmg from the PLD/extra WS now and again to break up the WS wall.
By Taint 2024-05-16 14:02:46  
Yeah its a TP gain problem. No Tact/Misers limits my TP to Wing,Soda,Tinc. Which was getting me 2 WSs per Aminion. With rolls I did 10 I think.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-05-16 14:24:30  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Nah BRD is doing SV songs after pull. The COR is putting up tactician's pre-pull though because we fish for an 11, and that's the more vital thing to not-lose.

I recommend you guys try rolling after pull, while PLD is bringing aminon to a corner. If you get a bad roll, randoms and wild will help fix that pretty quickly (as DNC calls for resets).

In our group, by the time Aminon makes it to the door, everyone is already buffed and ready to go.
[+]
By Reshii 2024-05-16 14:46:59  
Godfry said: »
I recommend you guys try rolling after pull, while PLD is bringing aminon to a corner. If you get a bad roll, randoms and wild will help fix that pretty quickly (as DNC calls for resets).

In our group, by the time Aminon makes it to the door, everyone is already buffed and ready to go.

I wondered if this method was an option. We've been focused on clearing so we haven't experimented yet. Last night was our quickest kill though, which just happened to be the first run Taint wasn't dispelled.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 158 159 160