フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 148 149 150
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-01-27 08:47:08  
I misread the wiki, it doesnt say how often the things pluse. It felt like we were amnesia'd most of the fight yesterday
By Taint 2023-01-27 12:13:59  
Asura.Fondue said: »
I misread the wiki, it doesnt say how often the things pluse. It felt like we were amnesia'd most of the fight yesterday

Yeah keep the Fetters on one person and just let them pile up in one spot, they aren't dangerous. It looks funny by the end with 20 fetters in one spot.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2023-02-05 22:09:03  
Sortie is somewhat settled for strategies but wanted to throw this out there in case it hasn't been discussed yet.

Our group had been having melee issues with Gartell just because of the mode shift, buff suction = 4k punches, DT build up...all the things. We got ABCEG done pretty quick and decided to play around with him. Got to him and was wind hands, yay.

We decided to go with a lower attack strategy this time and it really worked out ridiculously well. He stayed wind hands the entire time as well. Additionally, everyone cancelled Protect before pull. Here is what each job did.

Run = Run things, Reso and Dimi usage

War = Armor Break open, swapped to GS for Reso, Ground Strike, MS/BR

Drk = Apocalypse, use SE x2 since we got a 6 Wildcard, use the good scythe ws's except Insurgency cuz Fusion

Cor = Chaos, Sam, SB spam, Wildcard a 6, Light shot dia

Brd/Whm = HM, Victory March, Madrigal x2, wind carol, no debuffs to Gartell in case thunder hands came out

Whm = Baraera, Barsilencera, Dia II

Kill went super smooth, started running him out of fetters when they popped but otherwise, wasn't in any danger at all. All other runs, he would get enough minuets in him where he'd hit everyone for 3k plus and walk away. All jobs in range stayed in max meva/DT sets to reduce chokehold absorbs. Anyway, wanted to share that and will try again to see if it stays consistent.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-02-07 14:40:39  
Veydal1 said: »
This lines up with my experiences too. If he turns, no chest. I really think there might be something to this. Is the "tank" in this scenario also pulling Botulus? There's more than a couple reports of people killing from the front / any direction and still getting chest. The common theme is hate control.

Interesting that tanking for the majority of the fight and then super jumping to kill from behind also resulted in chest though.

Has anyone gotten chest even after getting charmed?

Mostly the same results with the Botulus:

1)If the tank loses hate even for a split second, you do not get the chest. That is definitely "part of it".

2)I've seen the chest gotten reliably with WS spam from behind (it was mostly elemental WS).

3)We have also gotten the chest reliably from Leaden > Trueflight > Last Stand from behind with BLM/SCH/GEO bursting to death.

4) When we tried just SCH skillchains with COR closing it and magic bursting, we could not get the chest to spawn.
By Taint 2023-02-07 14:59:54  
The tank can lose hate. I've lost hate plenty of times and we've still gotten the chest. I've always had hate back for the kill however.

We do Sortie most nights and we've only missed the chest once. Everyone does an action on him, everyone behind him besides the tank when he dies.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-02-07 15:25:06  
After the first few WSs, at ~25% Botulus HP, we have the Sch use Caper Emissarius on the Tank. It alleviates the turning issue. We use it here as we have no other enmity issues with magic burst strats in 6 NM runs. Sch keeping up Animus Minuo on party and Animus Augeo on tank also helps.
By SimonSes 2023-02-07 16:20:19  
Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »

Since Resolution is not really good with low attack, you should maybe try something like Savage(COR)>CrossReaper(DRK)>ImpulseDrive(WAR) for wind hand and LastStand>Impulse>CrossReaper for lightning hand. I think it could be overall much better.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-07 17:48:05  
Asura.Otomis said: »
After the first few WSs, at ~25% Botulus HP, we have the Sch use Caper Emissarius on the Tank. It alleviates the turning issue. We use it here as we have no other enmity issues with magic burst strats in 6 NM runs. Sch keeping up Animus Minuo on party and Animus Augeo on tank also helps.

While the duration is longer, Crusade provides better +enmity than Animus Augeo, so unless you're having difficulty keeping it up on your RUN, you should use that and not Animus Augeo.
[+]
By quelthos 2023-02-07 19:11:12  

Animus Augeo overwrites the tank's crusade, so you should not be using it on the tank.

and /wave
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-02-07 19:44:43  
quelthos said: »

Animus Augeo overwrites the tank's crusade, so you should not be using it on the tank.

and /wave
Augeo cannot overwrite Crusade.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2023-02-08 01:49:01  
Taint said: »
The tank can lose hate. I've lost hate plenty of times and we've still gotten the chest. I've always had hate back for the kill however.

This. We usually embolden crusade for this pull, and let tank pull. Losing hate momentarily isnt a big deal. We dont deal any ws damage to bis face if he turns
By quelthos 2023-02-08 02:21:47  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

and /wave

I've seen it overwrite crusade before, maybe depends on duration?
For sure they don't stack though.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-02-08 10:29:01  

and /wave

I've seen it overwrite crusade before, maybe depends on duration?
For sure they don't stack though.
I spent a few minutes experimenting. But I don't see any conditions under which this happens. A perpetuanced 14+ minute Augeo does not overwrite a 6 minute Crusade. The same Augeo also does not overwrite Crusade when there's less than a minute left left on Crusade.

If you have any other conditions under which you think this would work, do tell.

As a side note, Minuo also cannot overwrite Crusade. Crusade seems to simply be higher priority than either.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-08 17:51:52  
Without having any SCH knowledge, perhaps Skill of PLD/RUN vs Skill of SCH? Higher skill might overwrite? As opposed to simply 'highest duration overwrites'....

That or the fella is simply mistaken
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-02-08 17:56:47  
Yes that the tank enmity buffs have priority is actually very useful been aoeing Minuo for some time, its not that big of an enmity down but since it doesn't interfere at all with the tank's enmity up it's very easy to use.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-02-09 07:29:39  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Without having any SCH knowledge, perhaps Skill of PLD/RUN vs Skill of SCH? Higher skill might overwrite? As opposed to simply 'highest duration overwrites'....

So I checked the skill values I was casting in. Crusade was cast in 384 enhancing skill. Augeo was cast in 498 skill. SO I'd think that if skill had any impact Augeo would be overwriting, and it doesn't. So I don't think that's a factor.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-02-09 10:38:00  

We do Sortie most nights and we've only missed the chest once. Everyone does an action on him, everyone behind him besides the tank when he dies.
I don't disbelieve you... I'm just saying from our experience we have never seen a chest if a tank lost then recovered hate. To be fair, the tank keeps hate most of the time throughout the fight so I don't have a large sample size to opine from. The action thing is not a factor, we always make sure everyone touches him.

We tried Leaden > Vihodunir > Last Stand yesterday with MBs and it didn't work. Despite virtually the same thing working just fine with Leaden > TF > LS. I'm starting to think it could be as simple as "Do more WS dmg than magic damage from behind". The latter multistep SC usually results in a much bigger portion of dmg coming from the WS's.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-02-09 10:46:00  

Used to basically do the same thing except tank would burn their Elemental Sforzo for the hate spike. Don't really bother anymore, keeping hate isn't really an issue but Caper Emissarius would be a better idea if needed.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-09 10:48:47  
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »

I don't disbelieve you... I'm just saying from our experience we have never seen a chest if a tank lost then recovered hate. To be fair, the tank keeps hate most of the time throughout the fight so I don't have a large sample size to opine from. The action thing is not a factor, we always make sure everyone touches him.

We tried Leaden > Vihodunir > Last Stand yesterday with MBs and it didn't work. Despite virtually the same thing working just fine with Leaden > TF > LS. I'm starting to think it could be as simple as "Do more WS dmg than magic damage from behind". The latter multistep SC usually results in a much bigger portion of dmg coming from the WS's.

I brought this same thing up in this thread a while back and people just said "It's just kill it from behind" or some other nonsense. We've definitely had plenty of kills where the tank loses hate, nobody WSs from the front, the tank regains hate, we kill it, and get no box.

I agree with you, it's either more WS/SC damage than Magic damage, less than XXX damage from the front, or some other more complex answer than "WS from behind, kill from behind". It's fine though, we still get the chest 95% of the time or more, but the jury is still out on the actual condition, in my opinion.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-10 06:53:20  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »

So I checked the skill values I was casting in. Crusade was cast in 384 enhancing skill. Augeo was cast in 498 skill. SO I'd think that if skill had any impact Augeo would be overwriting, and it doesn't. So I don't think that's a factor.

Kudos for meticulous data gathering. Glad someone's out there willing to test
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-16 11:23:12  
So something extremely strange happened to our group today, wonder if anybody else ever experienced this.

We were split in 3 groups: A group doing C Shard/Metal, a group doing B Shard, a solo BLM doing A shard.

I was with the C group. We noticed we didn't get Metal chest after the required number of kills.
We then kept goin on for like 4 more ghosts, but no chest ever wanted to happen. At that point we had regrouped and decided to just Bolter's and go do the boss eating the unremovable Curse.

Later on we passed by to the spot where the BLM was solo killing the acuexes and noticed a chest there.
It was the Metal C Chest...
But it popped in A! When the BLM had already lef that spot.

It makes no bloody *** sense, can anybody explain this?
We were all together on Discord and we were pretty surprised. Never saw anything like that happen before lol
By SimonSes 2023-02-16 11:30:41  
Any chances he got some aggro from C (or someone else bring it to him) that he killed while fighting Acuexes?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-16 11:33:17  
Absolutely not. The only monster that zone into A is the Bhoot, and he wasn't there.
We split up at start and he did the Shard A objectives in one of the first rooms.

I have no bloody clue how that could've happened lmao
We were all whining among the 6 of us on Discord, until we noticed the chest when returning to the initial Warp thing after the A boss lol
By SimonSes 2023-02-16 11:39:16  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Absolutely not. The only monster that zone into A is the Bhoot, and he wasn't there.
We split up at start and he did the Shard A objectives in one of the first rooms.

I have no bloody clue how that could've happened lmao
We were all whining among the 6 of us on Discord, until we noticed the chest when returning to the initial Warp thing after the A boss lol

You sure it was C metal? If it was after A boss, then its possible you got A metal after losing it in the fight?
By Foxfire 2023-02-16 11:51:39  
Aquapenguin said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
wrong thread, pal
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-16 11:53:55  
SimonSes said: »
You sure it was C metal? If it was after A boss, then its possible you got A metal after losing it in the fight?
110% sure it was C metal. I even went into the inventory to doublecheck because we were overwhelmed by the occurrence lol

Part of it makes sense, it explains why the Chest didn't want to pop in C regardless of us doing the requirement over and over and over.
Then again it doesn't explain why it popped there, of all places, lol
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-17 11:08:49  
So... it happened again today, but in a different way.

Setup:
2x SCHs (one was me) + RUN were about to get C Metal
1x COR + GEO were farming B Shard on elementals
1x BLM had already got A Shard and had just reached us at C.

We get C Metal Chest and at the same time (more or less) the COR gests the B Shard objective done but no chest pops.
He goes all "where the *** is the chest?"
Guess what?
That chest popped on us, right after the C Metal one.
We opened it and got the B Shard.
It popped there out of nothing, where the corpse of the ghost/C Metal chest where.

I really have no clue what's going on. How is it possible nobody else experienced this but me, twice in a row lol?
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-02-17 11:20:26  
Asura.Sechs said: »
So... it happened again today, but in a different way.

Setup:
2x SCHs (one was me) + RUN were about to get C Metal
1x COR + GEO were farming B Shard on elementals
1x BLM had already got A Shard and had just reached us at C.

We get C Metal Chest and at the same time (more or less) the COR gests the B Shard objective done but no chest pops.
He goes all "where the *** is the chest?"
Guess what?
That chest popped on us, right after the C Metal one.
We opened it and got the B Shard.
It popped there out of nothing, where the corpse of the ghost/C Metal chest where.

I really have no clue what's going on. How is it possible nobody else experienced this but me, twice in a row lol?

I checked the log Sechs, and not sure what the conditions were on the first time it happened to you, but today we fulfilled C metal and B shard objectives at exactly the same time. Probably has something to do with it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 148 149 150