YouTube Video Placeholder

Xolla and Alicecat's group killing Aminon
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-11-18 10:48:31  
So just hashin out what I see in the video here.

RUN/BLM/RDM/SCH/GEO/COR

Everybody is /DRK for Absorb-TP except the COR who is sub SAM -- a classic. Multi-step darkness with COR closing and BLM MBing Death for 99,999. He is somehow just Aspir 3ing back his entire MP pool which is pretty nutty.

I didn't watch the entire video, but the portions I did watch it doesn't look like he gets any TP moves off.

30,000 Galli
I presume a Starstone
and an Old Case +1.

Fart noise.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-18 11:40:54  
I wonder if that was lucky +1 or guaranteed :)
By SimonSes 2022-11-18 11:47:15  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
So just hashin out what I see in the video here.

RUN/BLM/RDM/SCH/GEO/COR

Everybody is /DRK for Absorb-TP except the COR who is sub SAM -- a classic. Multi-step darkness with COR closing and BLM MBing Death for 99,999. He is somehow just Aspir 3ing back his entire MP pool which is pretty nutty.

I didn't watch the entire video, but the portions I did watch it doesn't look like he gets any TP moves off.

I think its slightly more complicated on start.
I think you need to force him to go into light mode first (keep proccing him and keep feeding TP until he does the right TP move) and be weak to Dark, then you start the cheese strat.
 Bahamut.Skald
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2022-11-18 11:50:43  
That's precisely it, you can see in the first 3-4 minutes they were purposefully fishing out fire fetters at which point they got into position and began Absorb TP.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-18 11:53:19  
Quote:
I wonder if that was lucky +1 or guaranteed :)

It had better be guaranteed. And from the looks of it they spent the first quarter of the fight just running him around the map making sure the fetter positioning was set the way they wanted it. Since the fetters drop on the back lines you can choose where they come down at. Seems like an awful lot of effort, but 30k galla, a sapphire, and a +1 case might just be worth it if the drops are guaranteed. Just need to work on making the process more efficient.
By Ruaumoko 2022-11-18 11:56:08  
If the +1 Case is not guaranteed then there's no way in hell it's worth fighting Aminon.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-18 11:56:14  
Asura.Melliny said: »
It had better be guaranteed. And from the looks of it they spent the first quarter of the fight just running him around the map making sure the fetter positioning was set the way they wanted it. Since the fetters drop on the back lines you can choose where they come down at. Seems like an awful lot of effort, but 30k galla, a sapphire, and a +1 case might just be worth it if the drops are guaranteed. Just need to work on making the process more efficient.

It's not about positioning of fetters, they needed to force stage when its weak to dark.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-18 11:59:21  
Quote:
If the +1 Case is not guaranteed then there's no way in hell it's worth fighting Aminon.

Nope, definately not. But if it IS guaranteed then you can make a case for the fight. Once we finish our empyrean upgrades there's nothing left in there to farm besides earrings. A guaranteed +1 case is about as ideal as it gets. Should be two +1 cases imo for that fight, but this is s-e we're dealing with. That's about as much of a bone as we can expect them to throw us.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-11-18 12:10:00  
Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:

Nope, definately not. But if it IS guaranteed then you can make a case for the fight. Once we finish our empyrean upgrades there's nothing left in there to farm besides earrings. A guaranteed +1 case is about as ideal as it gets. Should be two +1 cases imo for that fight, but this is s-e we're dealing with. That's about as much of a bone as we can expect them to throw us.
Even then idk if that's even worth it tbh case +1 is still not +2s and still can't pick the job you want for it. Sounds like a headache to keep doing once you have the gear to +3 the group wants.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-11-18 12:15:07  
I wouldn’t even do it for a +2 case. I am sorry. I aint about to fight that dude for 20 minutes to get a <whatever job you don’t play> +2 as a LS member said.
By Agrestic 2022-11-18 12:15:38  
Bahamut.Skald said: »
That's precisely it, you can see in the first 3-4 minutes they were purposefully fishing out fire fetters at which point they got into position and began Absorb TP.
They're fishing out Bane of Tartarus, which removes his auras and makes him weak to dark elemental magic. Then they stymie+sleep it to rebuff the tank and start their rotations.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-18 12:29:03  
Quote:
Even then idk if that's even worth it

It probably isn't. The fight looks like it's a royal pain and unless someone comes up with a better strategy I wouldn't want to bother with it myself. You can get random +1 cases just doing the normal triple sector runs. It's not guaranteed, but the runs are more consistent. And like others have said, a +1 case doesn't let you pick the job you get from it. The whole layered RNG in the earring system sucks.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-11-18 12:45:54  
How do they force dark weakness ? By procing only the dark based fetters/elemnts weaknesses?
 Fenrir.Svens
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-11-18 12:53:03  
Once it does Bane of Tartarus, it loses wings/earrings/fetters until it does Incessant Void. At the very beginning of the fight, it will immediately open with Incessant Voidto begin the countdown to Bane, but after a full rotation, it will not use void until it has enough tp. It also explains why I was able to easily land frazzle at the start of the fight, but couldn't reapply it during the fight.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Skald
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2022-11-18 13:52:48  
Agrestic said: »
Bahamut.Skald said: »
They're fishing out Bane of Tartarus, which removes his auras and makes him weak to dark elemental magic. Then they stymie+sleep it to rebuff the tank and start their rotations.

Oh I see, so the last fetter mode used is not relevant after Bane of Tartarus? And so long as TP is suppressed for the remainder of the fight preventing any further fetters he is not subject to any DT gain over time? Pretty nifty.
By Ruaumoko 2022-11-18 13:58:56  
Interesting to note that the Ra'kaznar Seal recovers HP as the fight goes on without another use of Bane Of Tartarus.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-11-18 14:15:02  
if it takes 20-25 minutes to kill, it is likely the best muffin/time ratio of NMs as well, obviously you can't kill him every time, but kill him and 1 other basement NM and its minimum 40k muffins. If you can do 2, which I'm assuming some groups could probably easily do, thats at least 50k
[+]
By Agrestic 2022-11-18 14:22:36  
Ruaumoko said: »
Interesting to note that the Ra'kaznar Seal recovers HP as the fight goes on without another use of Bane Of Tartarus.
All the floor 2 metals behave this way too. Damage to them gradually regenerates as long as the boss is engaged.
By Amnesty 2022-11-19 11:09:04  
Let's Be Real Here... Most Groups Will Hit The Floor Soon As The Fetters Start Popping... JP Onry!!!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-19 13:46:30  
It could guarantee 5 +2 Earrings and still very little people would bother doing it. Has less to do with the reward/effort ratio and more to do with the known workable strategies available to kill it. If it was a zerg or SB spam or some other low brain activity strat, people would do it in a heartbeat. But if it's challenging or involves several moving parts, people will chalk that up to "not worth it". Happens every time. Xolla and his crew, Shonuts, Lute, etc all use game mechanics and find ways to exploit monster weaknesses using unconventional setups. It's like a fun challenge for them to try, but most players don't like to struggle through content and figure out new things in that way.

Recall Mboze original strat, original Bumba strat, Master Trials, even Lilith HTBF. They straight up told you up front they were giving you BETTER drops from killing Spitewardens, but most people were just like "i'll solo it on VE/E for hundreds of runs before dealing with that bs on D/VD, even if it takes me longer". Sitting in a queue for a half hour to do the fight once for an extremely low chance at drops was way more appealing than 6 people competing with each other for drops in an already stressful fight. I couldn't convince people to do Lilith the "better" way because zerging it in 2min for dozens of runs was always easier. Path of least resistance. Highly doubt Sortie MB will be any different.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-19 15:43:19  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Recall Mboze original strat, original Bumba strat, Master Trials, even Lilith HTBF. They straight up told you up front they were giving you BETTER drops from killing Spitewardens, but most people were just like "i'll solo it on VE/E for hundreds of runs before dealing with that bs on D/VD, even if it takes me longer". Sitting in a queue for a half hour to do the fight once for an extremely low chance at drops was way more appealing than 6 people competing with each other for drops in an already stressful fight. I couldn't convince people to do Lilith the "better" way because zerging it in 2min for dozens of runs was always easier. Path of least resistance. Highly doubt Sortie MB will be any different.

That's not why people chose to do those fights solo.

The increase in drop rate was insultingly small over Easy, and you had to share those drops with five other people in the party. It was actually easier to get all your drops spamming Easy (or VE for some) then it was to form a party and share the meager drops with five others.

All VD fights should have one 100% drop slot for gear on top of the usual ~10% drop slot. That would get people to do it.

As for Sortie, it depends on how the mechanics are constructed. Telegraphs and things you can dodge / avoid are fun mechanics, a random "heads I win / tails you lose" mechanic is not fun. SE really loves to introduce the later in XI and the former in XIV.
[+]
By Honeybaked 2022-11-19 20:20:30  
It could guarantee 5 +2 Earrings and still very little people would bother doing it. Has less to do with the reward/effort ratio and more to do with the known workable strategies available to kill it. If it was a zerg or SB spam or some other low brain activity strat, people would do it in a heartbeat. But if it's challenging or involves several moving parts, people will chalk that up to "not worth it". Happens every time. Xolla and his crew, Shonuts, Lute, etc all use game mechanics and find ways to exploit monster weaknesses using unconventional setups. It's like a fun challenge for them to try, but most players don't like to struggle through content and figure out new things in that way.

People would definitely don't for 5 +2 earring, I think even a +2 case would be interesting enough for most people that wanted to try to win the fight. That said they dropped the ball with these drops and there is absolutely no reason to attempt it for those rewards.
By Draylo 2022-11-19 21:47:51  
Asura.Saevel said: »

The increase in drop rate was insultingly small over Easy, and you had to share those drops with five other people in the party. It was actually easier to get all your drops spamming Easy (or VE for some) then it was to form a party and share the meager drops with five others.

All VD fights should have one 100% drop slot for gear on top of the usual ~10% drop slot. That would get people to do it.

As for Sortie, it depends on how the mechanics are constructed. Telegraphs and things you can dodge / avoid are fun mechanics, a random "heads I win / tails you lose" mechanic is not fun. SE really loves to introduce the later in XI and the former in XIV.

It wasn't that low... it was always better to do VD. People just weren't capable of clearing it for a long time so they just solo. I've helped a lot of people get Malignance doing VD, its pretty much always worth doing especially since most ppl have mules to fill slots that wont be lotting.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-19 21:54:15  
Draylo said: »

It wasn't that low... it was always better to do VD. People just weren't capable of clearing it for a long time so they just solo. I've helped a lot of people get Malignance doing VD, its pretty much always worth doing especially since most ppl have mules to fill slots that wont be lotting.

It's never worth it if your competing with five other people for the same drops. And yes it's terrible because your going to get the sword, pole or earring, and when the body or hands drops, the other three to five people who need it will lot it too. We did a bunch of Lilith VD and drop rates were trash for the time and effort to go through the spite wardens.
By Draylo 2022-11-19 22:04:04  
Yeah when it first came out... slowly people get the gear and you dont have 5 people lotting stuff because its always that 1 piece someone is missing and the other items can go to someone else. Most people multi box too, so its not as bad as you're saying.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-19 22:12:18  
It's never worth it if your competing with five other people for the same drops.

Not true. When it first came out, at least on Asura, it was like 20-30min queues just to get in once. Doing VE/Es took forever, but once lines went down after a few weeks, going in groups was significantly faster. You can say otherwise, but the mechanic literally improved the drop rate a good bit higher than solo a lower tier difficulty. That's not up for debate. Most people simply chose not to do it, because it was the Shinryu effect (why would i compete with 5 people for a very bad drop when i can solo forever and keep it myself?). Also, the mechanic was annoying and hard for a lot of people, so the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. It was much easier to zerg it in 30s or just solo yourself, but the drop wasn't better by any means.

I know people who didn't get their last item for hundreds of runs doing E solo. Like Draylo said, by the time people got their first 2-3 pieces, you didn't have much competition and people got filled up on pieces quickly.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-19 22:59:08  
It's never worth it if your competing with five other people for the same drops.

Not true. When it first came out, at least on Asura, it was like 20-30min queues just to get in once. Doing VE/Es took forever, but once lines went down after a few weeks, going in groups was significantly faster. You can say otherwise, but the mechanic literally improved the drop rate a good bit higher than solo a lower tier difficulty. That's not up for debate. Most people simply chose not to do it, because it was the Shinryu effect (why would i compete with 5 people for a very bad drop when i can solo forever and keep it myself?). Also, the mechanic was annoying and hard for a lot of people, so the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. It was much easier to zerg it in 30s or just solo yourself, but the drop wasn't better by any means.

I know people who didn't get their last item for hundreds of runs doing E solo. Like Draylo said, by the time people got their first 2-3 pieces, you didn't have much competition and people got filled up on pieces quickly.

Again not worth it when dividing up the atrocious drop rate with five other people. Charity is not a valid argument, people do this because they need something from it, and when that final piece drops, you have 2~3 other people lotting on it.

As for the lines, that's 100% entirely your fault. I was able to do an entire merit pool worth of runs with virtually no wait, because I chose to do those runs outside of West Coast prime time. Asura only gets crazy busy after 5~6PM PST, because then you have people from all four time zones playing simultaneously. This is something that's possible soloing, but nigh impossible with a group of trusted friends that won't screw each other over on drops.

The reason everyone soloed E wasn't that they were terrible (and you somehow better), it's because it was the better strategy. If grouping for VD was the better strategy, then that is what would of happened. The slot for gear simply has too low an opening rate on VD for it to be worth bothering with.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-20 17:50:57  
Until there is a unique reward locked behind clearing the MB, you're not going to see a lot of people doing it. There is no rush to get all your +3s ASAP and +2 earrings are total RNG. Both are just doing the content until you get what you want or you quit.

It's not like it's 70k galli for a quick upgrade every time and a +2 Earring.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 148 149 150