フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 150 151 152
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-16 12:18:47  
Bismarck.Wildmann said: »
What is the best way to clear all the Fomors? SC/MB, AE/Cleave them?

Don't need anything special, we used the following and had more then 30 minutes left to go grab points.

Tank (we usedPLD)
DD (we used WAR)
BRD
COR
GEO
WHM (could be a SCH or even RDM)

The BRD and COR were /NIN and acted as DD's after doing their respective buffs. The tank would run into a group while dual boxing the GEO, the GEO did indi-frailty + geo-barrer then cast cure on the paladin after he tagged everything. The WAR soloed three stepped a monster while the COR and BRD savage bladed all the things.

Key here is barrier, it saves lives.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-16 13:08:41  
I can tell you what I did, as a warning to not do the same.
It was my first attempt and setup was

2x BLU/RDM
1x GEO/RDM
1x COR mule
1x WHM
1x Cornelia?

4 real players, 1 mule and a trust.

We wanted to do AoE damage with the right spells alternating Spectral Floe and Entomb to keep them CCed while dealing damage.
It didn't work out well for a few reasons:

1) Despite us having a pretty good WHM, we died a few times, making us lose a lot of time and almost timing out before completing the objective. I guess you need to pay a lot of attention when pulling all fomors in the big rooms. Having a real tank would've been ideal I guess, like a PLD with Majesty

2) Damage wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Granted both the BLU gear was good but... average, not BiS. But with an Idris GEO doing Acumen/Malaise entrust whatever he entrusted and Warlock roll from the COR... well I was expecting much better damage honestly. Maybe need 3x BLUs? I dunno.

3) It's a toooooon of fomors. At least the COR helped moving around faster with the roll.

if I were to use this approach again I would definitely bring a tank, maybe a third blu I dunno.
Keep note that some fomors seem to be resisting Entomb (I guess the RDMs?)
Of course we almost timed out because of the multiple deaths.
If nobody ever died we would've completed the run with plenty of free time (>15 mins?) to spend somewhere else.
We also killed the fomor NM of course and did a couple of fomor objectives since we were there.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-16 13:24:40  
If you want to do it BLU method, just switch Acumen to Wilt or Barrier; they don't nerf it, so that one buff reduces their damage by almost 50% (Barrier) or 75% (Wilt).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Amnesty 2022-11-16 13:40:32  
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-16 14:35:38  
KujahFoxfire said: »
An eva tank works wonders for the fomors. We took a RUN with double mambos and an eva set and they were untouchable. Held 20+ at a time while RNG + COR used aeolian edge to kill.
Not that I don't trust you (I do!) but I wanted to emphasize that there's a cap of like 80% evasion to evade physical melee attacks.
Which means 20% of the attacks thrown at you will land regardless of your Evasion and their Accuracy.

It might not seem like a lot but when you have monsters who attack fast and or over 30 mobs on you it's... something.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-16 15:01:24  
Ya'll making this way too complicated, Barrier is all that's needed to survive fomor smacking you around. Use Omelet sandwiches if you really wanna be safe. Folks waste so much time gathering + cleaving, just tank run into one group, multiple them down, run into next group, repeat as needed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-16 15:31:58  
if you really want to mass pull giant collections of Fomors for the D Sheet, and are used to magey strats in there now, a Mana Wall BLM can aggro hate hold 15-20 easily, and just ride breakga timer to limit how many are actually banging on you- then while you chill out, the other party members can pick off Fomors from you easily in terms of hate, and usually a good 3step chain blows them up in under 40 seconds per Fomor. Just make sure your other party members understand how Mana Wall "tanking" works and they shouldn't worry about supporting the BLM with heals/buffs else risk the mobs leaving that BLM all alone to go curbstomp an overzealous/nervous healer :)

EDIT: if still taking in the double SCH setup many are using in the Basement for the D Sheet objective run, we had one of our SCH be healer and the other make Fusions for the COR to close with Savage and the SCHs bursted. But really, I imagine a lot of options work well- its all about pace.
By Amnesty 2022-11-16 17:36:43  

Sortie - A/B/C/E/F/G
BLM/COR/GEO/RUN/SCHx2

95% Of Trash Mobs Are Fusion > Fire...

Abject Acuex - Fusion > Fire / Defeat 6 For A Shard + A Metal

Biune Elemental - Defeat 10 For B Shard + B Metal
Fire Elemental > Distortion / Reverberation > Water
Earth Elemental > Fragmentation > Aero
Ice Elemental > Fusion > Fire
Water Elemental > Fragmentation > Thunder
^ Can Be Silenced...

Cachaemic Corse - Fusion > Fire / Defeat 6 For C Shard + C Metal
^ Can Be Silenced...

A/E Boss - Scission > Savage Blade > Stone / Gravitation > Stone
Clobbering Wave Ability > +20K Damage > RUN AWAY!

B/F Boss - Wind hand > Absorbs Buffs > RUN Remove Shell Ect...
Distortion > Leaden Salute > Blizzard / Induration > Blizzard
Thunder hand > No Debuffs > No Helix
Scission > Savage Blade > Stone / Gravitation > Stone
Only Have 5 Minutes...
SP At F Boss > Tabula Rasa / Elemental Sforzo > Fetter

C/G Boss - Fusion > Savage Blade > Fire
Only Have 3 Minutes...
^ Setting the Stage Ability > 30K AOE Damage... Stun?
Mana Wall + Caper Emissarius > BLM RUN AWAY!
SP At G Boss > Bolster + Subtle Sorcery + Tabula Rasa
Random Deal + Wild Card > Stack Together For JA Resets

NM Obdella - Fusion > Fire
NM Biune Porxie - Gravitation / Scission > Stone
NM Cachaemic Bhoot > Fusion > Fire
NM Demisang Deleterious - Fusion > Fire
NM Esurient Botulus - Fusion > Fire / E Metal > WS Killing Blow From Behind
NM Haughty Tulittia - Fusion > Fire
NM Fetid Ixion - Gravitation / Scission > Stone
NM Gyvewrapped Naraka - Fusion > Fire / G Metal

Naakual Bztavian - Distortion / Induration > Blizzard
Naakual Rockfin - Fragmentation > Thunder
Naakual Gabbrath - Distortion / Reverberation > Water
Naakual Waktza - Gravitation / Scission > Stone
Naakual Yggdreant - Fusion > Fire
Naakual Cehuetzi - Fusion > Fire

Subs
BLM/CORx2/GEO/RUN/SCH
Stratagems > Out - Ground Strike > Leaden Salute > Wildfire > On E Boss / Stone
Stratagems > Out - Last Stand > Savage Blade > Dimidiaton > On G Boss / Fire
Wizard's Roll + Caster's Roll + Evoker's Roll + Samurai Roll

BLM/COR/GEO/RDM/RUN/SCH
Stratagems > Out - Ground Strike > Requiescat > Wildfire > On E Boss / Stone
Stratagems > Out - Last Stand > Savage Blade > Dimidiaton > On G Boss / Fire

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2022-11-16 18:24:04  
so question for anyone who knows- the botulus nm, what 's the win condition for getting the box?

the site says ws from the back, and everyone needs to have emnity on the mob, but are there other conditions beyond that or conditions that screw with it?

multiple times we have killed it with a magic burst/skillchain and gotten the box, other times, doing the exact same thing, it will fail.

is there a certain element of magic that needs not be cast? enfeebles? dots? specific element weapon skills?
 Shiva.Devastation
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Devastation 2022-11-16 21:09:55  
Amnesty said: »
Sortie - A/B/C/E/F/G

A/E Boss - Scission > Stone

Is anyone having issues with the above? After the update I can't seem to get the Shard/Metal? Does having the KI for E boss change this?
 Shiva.Larrymc
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-11-16 22:23:03  
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
so question for anyone who knows- the botulus nm, what 's the win condition for getting the box?

the site says ws from the back, and everyone needs to have emnity on the mob, but are there other conditions beyond that or conditions that screw with it?

multiple times we have killed it with a magic burst/skillchain and gotten the box, other times, doing the exact same thing, it will fail.

is there a certain element of magic that needs not be cast? enfeebles? dots? specific element weapon skills?

I can only give you my experience. We tried using SCH SC/MB from behind until it was down to 10%, then having COR use leaden salude from behind. We never got the box that way. We only had success when COR was doing all the damage, from behind - we get the box every time.

The "everyone has to have enmity on it" is not true at all. We just have tank and cor on it and everyone else is doing other objectives, never touches it.

I suspect there is another requirement something like the amount of WS damage must be greater than the amount of MB damage.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-11-16 22:34:28  
We used BLU method:
PLD BLUx3 GEO SCH

PLD pulls 1-2 rooms worth of fomors at a time.
Once collected all blus just spam entomb only.
GEO needs to make sure they get enmity on all the mobs by tossing a cure on the PLD or the BLUs. Malaise + Acumen.
Use Burst Affinity for entomb every time its up. BA Entomb should be 20-30k with geo buffs.
SCH puts up Sandstorm II on everyone.
Could easily swap SCH for another BLU as well.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-16 22:59:36  
Shiva.Larrymc said: »

I can only give you my experience. We tried using SCH SC/MB from behind until it was down to 10%, then having COR use leaden salude from behind. We never got the box that way. We only had success when COR was doing all the damage, from behind - we get the box every time.

The "everyone has to have enmity on it" is not true at all. We just have tank and cor on it and everyone else is doing other objectives, never touches it.

I suspect there is another requirement something like the amount of WS damage must be greater than the amount of MB damage.

Is your SC/MB team standing right on top of the COR or off to the side? We've found that having all damage folks standing within a narrow 45 degree back arc has the most success. Basically it's the Sneak Attack / Innin arc.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-11-17 02:15:22  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Shiva.Larrymc said: »

Is your SC/MB team standing right on top of the COR or off to the side? We've found that having all damage folks standing within a narrow 45 degree back arc has the most success. Basically it's the Sneak Attack / Innin arc.

Yes SC/MB team was right on his butt, directly behind in SATA position. It was driving us nuts for a while because everyone was getting the box while killing from behind but we were unable to. Once we gave up on SC/MB and had the COR WS it to death, we got box every time.
 Carbuncle.Iszo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Isszo
By Carbuncle.Iszo 2022-11-17 03:22:34  
Every time I kill mobs next to the blizter in G I get the G2 casket. I'm pulling everything on floor G to the blizter and getting the chest. It could be specific enemy, or kill certain mobs in G near the blizter, or aoe certain mobs.
[+]
By drakefs 2022-11-17 08:39:35  
Shiva.Devastation said: »
Amnesty said: »
Sortie - A/B/C/E/F/G

A/E Boss - Scission > Stone

Is anyone having issues with the above? After the update I can't seem to get the Shard/Metal? Does having the KI for E boss change this?

I have never had an issue as long as I am killing one at a time with magic.
[+]
By Slowforever 2022-11-17 15:45:10  
ya on brd I tanked 8 formors while the group killed the boss, mambo x 2 and regen V + 1 minne, then they pulled 1-2 at a time off me and finished them
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-11-17 19:27:21  
Still no clear on new boss huh?
fun times!
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-11-17 22:25:41  
Shiva.Humpo said: »
fun times!

As far as I'm aware, this is the closest anyone has got to clearing Aminon. Image credit to Shonuts of Odin.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Eotfofyl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: EOTFOFYL
By Ragnarok.Eotfofyl 2022-11-18 01:19:34  
Killed 6 hounds near bitzer in G, no box

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-18 06:21:51  
With how rough this final boss seems to be, if he isnt dropping a pile of +2 earrings or +1 cases, he's just not gonna be worth killing regularly.

If its 50k and a Starstone or some nonsense people are gonna be pissed.

What would be logical? At least 50k galli, +1 case and Starstone.
What would be in SE style? 20k Galli, twice higher chance for +1 case and Starstone compered to EFGH bosses (which is still ***)
What would be ideal? 50k Galli, +1 case and umlocked option to buy +1 case for 99k Galli at goblin.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2022-11-18 07:24:02  
Asura.Hya said: »
Shiva.Humpo said: »
fun times!

As far as I'm aware, this is the closest anyone has got to clearing Aminon. Image credit to Shonuts of Odin.
maybe you need to smack him with a prime weapon? stage 2 of course
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-18 07:46:19  
Quote:
maybe you need to smack him with a prime weapon? stage 2 of course

Did they group wipe at 1% or did he just stop taking damage? It would be just like s-e to introduce a hidden mechanic like requiring a stage 2 prime to deal the final blow. And if the group is using a mage oriented setup, that might be somewhat difficult. No way of knowing for sure if that's the case of course. It's speculation until tested.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-11-18 08:38:04  
SimonSes said: »
With how rough this final boss seems to be, if he isnt dropping a pile of +2 earrings or +1 cases, he's just not gonna be worth killing regularly.

If its 50k and a Starstone or some nonsense people are gonna be pissed.

What would be logical? At least 50k galli, +1 case and Starstone.
What would be in SE style? 20k Galli, twice higher chance for +1 case and Starstone compered to EFGH bosses (which is still ***)
What would be ideal? 50k Galli, +1 case and umlocked option to buy +1 case for 99k Galli at goblin.

Yeah im preparing myself for the worst tbh. My group is now consistetly getting 40k Galli a run doing ABCEFG bosses and w/e stray blues we can get along the way, the rewards for final boss will need to be pretty damn good to make it worth doing in comparison.
I'm with you kujah this don't even seem worth it when you can just pop first 6 bosses get that and farm other random ***in the zone. I say atleast case+2 50k maybe but the cap is 100k so it's kinda useless. Don't wannt too much because I'm sure this isn't the final boss so.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-11-18 09:05:54  
Aminon kill: 30k Galli, old case +1 and a starstone.

https://twitter.com/alicecat_ff11/status/1593603741122371584
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 150 151 152