Sortie Release - Info

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
329 users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 3059
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-20 18:36:01  
The gear slot for Lilith on VD was actually pretty high. After doing about 300 runs on VD with a THF, I'd estimate it's about 50% with TH8. The issue is that pole/sword/earring is like 80% of that slot, so if everyone has all of those, you're only going to get a "good" piece (IE, Malignance armor or Daybreak) about 8-10% of the time.

What they should have done is made it so that the warden drop slots always give items from the rarer subset. That way, if you killed VD Lilith and all 3 wardens, you'd have a pool of something like:

50% chance of drop slot with 80% pole/sword/earring, 20% head/body/legs/hands/feet/Daybreak
3 50% chances of drop slot with 100% head/body/legs/hands/feet/Daybreak
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1172
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-11-20 21:06:17  
Aminon dropped the same exact things for our group a little while ago. Willing to wager the +1 case is probably guaranteed.

-Edit Me and Xiu were not there, but maybe Mischief recorded it, not sure. Took about 30minutes from what they said and, paraphrsing here, 'confident we can get the kill time down much lower than 30minutes'

-Edit #2: Mischief (nor anyone afaik) did not record
[+]
 Odin.Danial
Offline
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
Posts: 13
By Odin.Danial 2022-11-22 09:49:48  
I did a bit of testing on Esurient Botulus to get chest #E. From what I can tell you CANNOT weaponskill him from the front at all during the fight, if you do he won't drop the chest regardless of whether the final WS is from the back and kills him. (Debunked) Apparently you can WS from front...
Offline
Posts: 31
By Penpenn 2022-11-22 09:58:03  
Wild theory and speculation time:

Has anyone tried proccing Ixion by using a Stygian Ash on him in Sortie? Perhaps before engaging? To my knowledge, this and G2 are the only procs in the basement area that have not been found.

Per BG-Wiki, Dark Ixion is pulled with a Stygian Ash. I'm curious if that makes him drop his red chest. The Stygian Ash was recently used in a VR mission so it may be top of mind for SE when programming Sortie, and they already proved that bringing outside equipment (i.e. Empy gear) to Sortie would be needed for a chest (Blitzer Exit).

Would be interested if anyone gives it a try. I may try on my next solo excursion to the zone to see what happens.
 Asura.Sphinxo
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sphinxo
Posts: 2
By Asura.Sphinxo 2022-11-22 10:41:23  
We tried it and it didn’t work. Have also tried to break its horn but didn’t have any luck with that either.

No doubt it’s going to be something weird
 Shiva.Liam
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 71
By Shiva.Liam 2022-11-22 12:54:13  
Odin.Danial said: »
I did a bit of testing on Esurient Botulus to get chest #E. From what I can tell you CANNOT weaponskill him from the front at all during the fight, if you do he won't drop the chest regardless of whether the final WS is from the back and kills him.

As RUN I ground strike from the front to open for Leaden Salute from the back and the chest always drops. there is considerably more damage output from the back in that scenario though.

Have tried the ol Stygian Ash and horn breaking on Ixion also, no dice. One thing i haven't tried is trying to break the horn/ hit it with a prime weapon??
Offline
Posts: 1578
By Ruaumoko 2022-11-22 21:01:29  
We've killed the Ixion from all four sides.
Killed it by the Bitzer.
Killed it, repopped it, killed it again.
Killed it by the Gadget to warp up to Gartell.
Killed it with Elemental Magic corresponding to the current day.

Nothing yet.

It's going to be something really obscure if people still haven't reported it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
Posts: 241
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-11-22 21:03:12  
has anyone tried all the emotes against it yet? lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-22 21:45:21  
We haven't been fighting Ixion, but has debuffs/Grace of Hera (does it even use it?) or dying with multiple debuffs do anything? Can it's horn be broken? Lightning Damage after a TP move?
 Fenrir.Svens
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tenkey
Posts: 98
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-11-22 21:49:32  
Considering E metal is attacking Botulus from behind while G metal is attacking Naraka from the front, since H metal is obtained from killing surrounding enemies prior to defeating Tulittia, maybe F metal is from a chest that spawns from killing the surrounding enemies after killing the Ixion. With the D coffer only appearing after killing 3 enemies after the NM and not the NM itself, it's worth a shot.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 7518
By SimonSes 2022-11-23 09:16:58  
Fenrir.Svens said: »
Considering E metal is attacking Botulus from behind while G metal is attacking Naraka from the front, since H metal is obtained from killing surrounding enemies prior to defeating Tulittia, maybe F metal is from a chest that spawns from killing the surrounding enemies after killing the Ixion. With the D coffer only appearing after killing 3 enemies after the NM and not the NM itself, it's worth a shot.

Big brain!
Offline
Posts: 7518
By SimonSes 2022-11-23 09:20:02  
Now that we know Aurum is not from the mega boss.. how the *** we can get it? Make all objectives in all zones? I'm kinda surprised this is not a hot topic right now.
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 3059
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-23 17:07:11  
Fenrir.Svens said: »
Considering E metal is attacking Botulus from behind while G metal is attacking Naraka from the front, since H metal is obtained from killing surrounding enemies prior to defeating Tulittia, maybe F metal is from a chest that spawns from killing the surrounding enemies after killing the Ixion. With the D coffer only appearing after killing 3 enemies after the NM and not the NM itself, it's worth a shot.
Hmm? Our group never kills Naraka from the front, and we always get the chest.
Offline
Posts: 7518
By SimonSes 2022-11-23 17:18:37  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Fenrir.Svens said: »
Considering E metal is attacking Botulus from behind while G metal is attacking Naraka from the front, since H metal is obtained from killing surrounding enemies prior to defeating Tulittia, maybe F metal is from a chest that spawns from killing the surrounding enemies after killing the Ixion. With the D coffer only appearing after killing 3 enemies after the NM and not the NM itself, it's worth a shot.
Hmm? Our group never kills Naraka from the front, and we always get the chest.

Naraka is probably something stupidly easy, like "do a weaponskill", so people started to guess and somehow they settled at kill/WS from the front. Since it always drops while killing from the front, people stopped carrying to even check if that is the objective.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Offline
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
Posts: 18051
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-23 18:19:44  
Have never killed naraka from the front nor ws'd it and have always gotten the chest. We just kill it with sch sc+mb. If there's any condition for it at all it's prolly just make a skillchain or something but it may just not even have one.
Offline
By shamgi 2022-11-23 20:18:47  
Just did G. Killed all the door room mobs, killed the Naakuals, then decided to just respawn mobs. Pulled all but a single Dullahan from the hallways next to the doorway where the teleporter was. In the middle of cleaving them, we got the G2 chest.

We were clearing them with cleaving Aeolian Edge. PLD pulls mobs as a bunch, then just holds them in place as we AOE. Only weird thing is I use Breakga(SCH with Manifestation) to keep them from doing as many wonky things while we're fighting.

Our working theory is that killing the door room mobs, then the Naakuals, then respawning and killing them all again is the requirements, but we're not sure exactly what it was.
Offline
Posts: 59
By Tokimemofan 2022-11-24 01:08:48  
SimonSes said: »
Now that we know Aurum is not from the mega boss.. how the *** we can get it? Make all objectives in all zones? I'm kinda surprised this is not a hot topic right now.
It almost certainly involves doing something in all 4 basement areas. Given the pattern the obvious ones are clear all 4 naakual sets and kill all 4 mini nms. If those were it we would have found it by now I would think. Regardless getting H access is a tall order for many groups. My gut is telling me it involves the G2 objective or something that isn’t very obvious/accessible. No objective so far in the basement is dependent on a direct action on the ground level and no sortie objectives are dependent on the bosses. It may very well be 4/4 in EFGH. The extremely high bar of that would explain why it hasn’t been done. Or maybe party wide aggro actually serves as more than a gotcha mechanic. If a party member aggros something in E while the others are in F will it chase the other members into F if aggro is lost? The entrance to H was only discovered when someone actually burned a run taking out every single fomor.
Offline
Posts: 59
By Tokimemofan 2022-11-24 01:29:03  
Additionally I can’t help but notice some anomalies in the basement. If I enter E and walk close to F I can’t see monsters in F on widescan. If I then enter F and walk near E I can see everything in E within normal widescan range. This is repeatable in EFG and presumably H using any combination of neighboring areas and in each run the first area entered behaves the same. I doubt SE would hide unentered parts from widescan every run without reason. The same mechanic exists in the ground floor most notably on map 9 which is shared between B and C where the bhoot often is
 Bahamut.Suph
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
Posts: 253
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-11-24 01:34:52  
Tokimemofan said: »
Additionally I can’t help but notice some anomalies in the basement. If I enter E and walk close to F I can’t see monsters in F on widescan. If I then enter F and walk near E I can see everything in E within normal widescan range. This is repeatable in EFG and presumably H using any combination of neighboring areas and in each run the first area entered behaves the same. I doubt SE would hide unentered parts from widescan every run without reason. The same mechanic exists in the ground floor most notably on map 9 which is shared between B and C where the bhoot often is

I mean, mobs in C aren't available on Wide Scan until you open the lock door either so. I presume the mobs spawn when you open the door/warp down to the basement.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-24 02:00:46  
I think maps in Sortie operate as individual mini zones within the zone. Unless you are physically on a particular map layout, you can't see anything on other maps. You also can't benefit from Treasure if you aren't on the main floor at the time the chest is opened. They probably designed the maps/main floor/basement layout like this to prevent people from position hacking across maps and being able to complete objectives very fast.
Offline
Posts: 59
By Tokimemofan 2022-11-24 02:22:17  
Bahamut.Suph said: »
Tokimemofan said: »
Additionally I can’t help but notice some anomalies in the basement. If I enter E and walk close to F I can’t see monsters in F on widescan. If I then enter F and walk near E I can see everything in E within normal widescan range. This is repeatable in EFG and presumably H using any combination of neighboring areas and in each run the first area entered behaves the same. I doubt SE would hide unentered parts from widescan every run without reason. The same mechanic exists in the ground floor most notably on map 9 which is shared between B and C where the bhoot often is

I mean, mobs in C aren't available on Wide Scan until you open the lock door either so. I presume the mobs spawn when you open the door/warp down to the basement.
That’s what I was talking about in map 9 in the last sentence. We know the mobs are spawned at the time of entrance, I have personally seen the Bhoot in B without C ever being touched. Most of the sector boundaries fall along map boundaries as well but not all do. This behavior is only observable in maps are part of multiple sectors. Unfortunately I did make a mistake in my observations and gave a bad example since E doesn’t contain any maps that also include another sector. It was in fact sector F/G on map 14 where this is observable. It’s a strange quirk and while it’s possible they spawn on demand in that manner I would think it would have been detected by pos hackers very quickly early on.
Offline
Posts: 59
By Tokimemofan 2022-11-24 02:39:49  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I think maps in Sortie operate as individual mini zones within the zone. Unless you are physically on a particular map layout, you can't see anything on other maps. You also can't benefit from Treasure if you aren't on the main floor at the time the chest is opened. They probably designed the maps/main floor/basement layout like this to prevent people from position hacking across maps and being able to complete objectives very fast.
That’s a distinct possibility but the behavior of the mini nms crossing sectors would seem to be hard to implement if it’s designed that way. If entering C starts the clock on the bhoot objective it would be fairly simple from a programming perspective to lift an artificial blind spot on widescan. I did not unfortunately check to see if the bhoot was visible on widescan when I found it in B with C still locked but it could be implemented in a manner that simply hides all monsters with Cachaemic in their names from wide scan until C has been opened. Time to start looking for glitches in the matrix so to speak.

Edit: it has been observed that the ground floor bosses share a single room with the boss being dependent on which gadget was used to enter
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 8858
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-24 02:47:43  
A friend told me a few things about what you guys are discussing.
I didn't personally test these things so please don't hold me responsible if he said a lot of ***-stuff!
He claims he tested these things while multiboxing and using third party tools.


1) Upper floor is a single "zone" even if it's divided in 4 sub-zones. Each of the 4 basements is its own "zone" instead.
2) Monsters in the 4 sub-zones get loaded when you gain access to that sub-zone
3) If you already gained the KI that grants you access to that sub-zone, the next time you enter sortie the monsters of that sub-zone will be loaded at start and not when you access the sub-zone
4) Basement zones are treated independently and monsters there get loaded exclusively when you access the zone (through legit means). Once loaded they remain in memory for the rest of the run
5) To receive credit for an objective you need to be in the same "zone". So for upstairs ones it means anywhere, but for basement ones you need to be in that specific basement.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 8858
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-24 02:51:16  
Oh and as far as upstairs mini-nms going out of their sub-zones, what I personally experienced multiple times is:

1) Obdella zoning into D sub-zone using the locked D door that is SE from the circle of 4 minirooms north after the entrance.
2) Bhoot zoning into B through a locked B gate.


I personally never experienced this behaviour with Porxie or Deleterious but I guess it could be pure coincidence.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
Posts: 241
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-11-24 03:20:13  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Oh and as far as upstairs mini-nms going out of their sub-zones, what I personally experienced multiple times is:

1) Obdella zoning into D sub-zone using the locked D door that is SE from the circle of 4 minirooms north after the entrance.
2) Bhoot zoning into B through a locked B gate.


I personally never experienced this behaviour with Porxie or Deleterious but I guess it could be pure coincidence.
We've had Deleterious in southern A map a few times, and Porxie we've found in northern D map a few times as well.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 8724
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-24 09:19:40  
Ruaumoko said: »
We've killed the Ixion from all four sides.
Killed it by the Bitzer.
Killed it, repopped it, killed it again.
Killed it by the Gadget to warp up to Gartell.
Killed it with Elemental Magic corresponding to the current day.

Nothing yet.

It's going to be something really obscure if people still haven't reported it.

Watch it be something like doing /cheer after someone bursts on a skillchain.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Offline
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1172
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2022-11-24 10:35:47  
Last night's route: farm A shard ---> A boss---> Aminon ---> E boss ---> farmed C shard/metal & B shard ---> C boss ---> B Boss ---> G boss before timing out

Probably could fit more in since we rotated 2 new people in for Aminon who hadn't done it before. Seals were obtained in a prior regular 8NM farming run the day before. Same drops again: starstone and old case +1. The run last night netted 59k galli.

So you can rotate in Aminon every 2nd run, and not lose out on Galli. You can actually GAIN a bit more Galli by rotating him in (as opposed do doing 6-8 'room' NMs a run) and have a guaranteed +1 case and starstone.

(3 Aminon kills so far all netted Star and +1 so they are probably guaranteed.)
[+]
Offline
By Agrestic 2022-11-24 11:18:57  
Weird that Aminon doesn't also drop Eikondrite.
Online
Posts: 418
By KujahFoxfire 2022-11-24 11:31:51  
Agrestic said: »
Weird that Aminon doesn't also drop Eikondrite.

Nothing in the basement drops Eikondrite so it's not really surprising. Would expect some future Prime item to drop in basement.
 Shiva.Liam
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 71
By Shiva.Liam 2022-11-24 12:35:02  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Last night's route: farm A shard ---> A boss---> Aminon ---> E boss ---> farmed C shard/metal & B shard ---> C boss ---> B Boss ---> G boss before timing out

Probably could fit more in since we rotated 2 new people in for Aminon who hadn't done it before. Seals were obtained in a prior regular 8NM farming run the day before. Same drops again: starstone and old case +1. The run last night netted 59k galli.

So you can rotate in Aminon every 2nd run, and not lose out on Galli. You can actually GAIN a bit more Galli by rotating him in (as opposed do doing 6-8 'room' NMs a run) and have a guaranteed +1 case and starstone.

(3 Aminon kills so far all netted Star and +1 so they are probably guaranteed.)

@Lexouritis Would you mind elaborating a bit on the strat? (Have watched the Xolla vid but don't read Japanese) Have only tried once so far, and his regain kept beating our tp-absorbing after a couple of death rotations.

Is it just full macc/well staggered absorb-tps?
Is there any special trick to the fetter positioning? or is it just fishing them out while awaiting the 4 minute mark?

Thanks in advance!
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107
Log in to post.