Nyame Path C....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Nyame Path C....
Nyame Path C....
By Spookyfish89 2022-06-20 08:54:47  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I mean sure, ignore this old galka here

Wow, all this time I thought you were a hume....
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-20 11:48:23  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The thing is, it is required.

If you're not doing it the best and fastest way possible then what's the point. I mean why even bother.
So I'm assuming this was a partially sarcastic ***-posty type comment based on Draylo's reply lol. But I'll still entertain it. I do realize some people enjoy being the best top tier players in MMO's and multiplayer video games in general. That's okay if that's what brings you enjoyment from the game, but not everyone feels that way when they play these types of games. I'm one of those people who doesn't play these or any type of video game just to be top tier and outdo everyone else.

I primarily started playing this back in 2004 because Final Fantasy was my favorite video game series and I had never played an MMO up to that point in my life. I have been in endgame LS back in the 75 era and for a bit when I came back in the 119 era. I personally don't have the free time with life obligations (primarily career and fiancee), to devote to a dedicated LS anymore like I did back in my late teens in the 75 era. That's why I dipped out of the endgame LS scene, and there's nothing wrong with that. PUG still exist after all, and can still offer a similar experience at least. Even if it's not the same coordination as an LS of course.

The TLDR to answer your question, it's cause some people play video games to have fun and not treat it like a second job. You don't have to win the DPS parse and be top tier elitist to enjoy this or any other video game. I have never cared about that either back in the 75 days or now. People enjoy vid games in different ways, that's essentially it. Remember guys this is still a video game at the end of the day, it's not your career.

I mean, I'm still dropping 40-50k Savage Blades in the top floor of Sheol C with just trusts and no real BRD/COR/GEO buffs on my WAR with that WS set I posted earlier. That's good enough for me, don't need to be the best to have fun and enjoy Odyssey and this entire game's content.
Nariont said: »
They came back sure but with aby you could finish the grind up pretty quickly and after that... well you could grind an empyrean or another rema and that was it, VW got added a bit after but it ran its course real quick with the short fights mixed with some of the worst drop rates I can remember, it wasnt until I want to say a good yr or just under that they started adding other 99 stuff, and that came in trickles and again once they put a couple updates into it that was it, so none of it really lasted sides maybe legion and salvage II, possibly meebles but I didn't do much of that when it was new.
Ahh okay, yeah I was gonna say when I came back and went through Abyssea it didn't seem like the content would last like 2 years, but it seemed to be the main content of this game for 2010 & 2011. I guess the exp grinding all your jobs from 75 to 99 and Empy armor & weapons would have extended it though. That's prolly what SE was thinking when they implemented those expansions.

Yeah like from what others have said on here Voidwatch seemed like a terrible endgame event. Like doing it solo was cool no probs but that was when I was 119 already since I wasn't around when it was new in the 99 era. Doing it as a major event sounded awful, especially if the drop rates are that bad. Sounds worse than how bad the AF2 relic drops in 75 Dynamis were back then before it was reworked.
Afania said: »
SE mentioned something about congestion in the last AMA. If everybody spams C on weekends congestion may be a problem for them.

This is another reason why FFXI could benefit from an alternative endgame progression path.
Yes I totally agree, I wasn't even thinking about the congestion issue for Ody. But yeah hopefully that will eventually make SE cave in and increase the Moglophone KI capacity for us like Omen. Yeah for real we need more content to do than just Ody, I mean yes we can still do Ambu/Omen/Dyna D but those have also been around for going on 7 years now. The VR Empy +2/3 endgame content can't come soon enough lol.
By Nariont 2022-06-20 12:31:57  
Asura.Shiehna said: »
Ahh okay, yeah I was gonna say when I came back and went through Abyssea it didn't seem like the content would last like 2 years, but it seemed to be the main content of this game for 2010 & 2011. I guess the exp grinding all your jobs from 75 to 99 and Empy armor & weapons would have extended it though. That's prolly what SE was thinking when they implemented those expansions.

Yeah like from what others have said on here Voidwatch seemed like a terrible endgame event. Like doing it solo was cool no probs but that was when I was 119 already since I wasn't around when it was new in the 99 era. Doing it as a major event sounded awful, especially if the drop rates are that bad. Sounds worse than how bad the AF2 relic drops in 75 Dynamis were back then before it was reworked.

Aby was all you really had, all your best armor came from aby, even post VW a lot of aby gear was still very very good unless you lucked into the .01% armor/weapon drop, wasnt until other content like nyzul/salvage/legion came along that really clear upgrades were popping up again.

VW in itself had some nice ideas, and i might be one of the few who liked provenence watcher, but the drop rates were just awful and what you get instead was little more than trash, really should have worked more with a pts system imo.
[+]
By Kasumuni88 2022-07-12 05:05:09  
so.....back to my original question......Path C....yay or nay?
By SimonSes 2022-07-12 05:17:39  
Kasumuni88 said: »
This question will have more sense in next month, when we will know stats of empy +2. Some pieces can replace path B for some jobs, but also path C for some jobs.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-07-12 06:13:12  

No idea what job or purpose you would be making it for, so can't really answer that question. It still has utility, just very few people are willing to give up the cocaine of Path B.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-07-12 08:29:08  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

No idea what job or purpose you would be making it for, so can't really answer that question. It still has utility, just very few people are willing to give up the cocaine of Path B.
Which tbh why should they at this point? Nyame is what it is til emp +3 comes out I can't see people changing nyame path hell even if you aren't a dd type person path b just makes sense.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-07-12 09:03:40  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Which tbh why should they at this point? Nyame is what it is til emp +3 comes out I can't see people changing nyame path hell even if you aren't a dd type person path b just makes sense.

Well... again, very few people will choose to go a different Nyame Path besides Path B. Even if only one piece out of the five.

If Rank 30 Nyame and Empyrean +2/3 turn out better than expected, that's only more incentive to actually redo a piece or two. R25 already give 10+% per piece, you honestly don't need more WSD at this point. It's just plain silly.
By SimonSes 2022-07-12 10:30:34  
Empy +2/+3 might change situation for B, but also for C tho. For example now body/hands/legs together are MASSIVE 50%+ bonus to Ninja MB set, but if Ninja will get similar stats as we see on RDM body (~50 mab and 20+ mdmg) then those path C pieces might change from 50% bonus to less than 10% bonus and in case of hands it might even lose (empy hands have extra +14 mab to Ninjutsu, which will probably change to at least +16).