Nyame Path C....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Nyame Path C....
Nyame Path C....
By appleshampoo 2022-06-19 13:54:42  
I thought Afania previously said he no longer plays and that's why updated COR sets wasn't going to happen. why so emotionally invested in a game you don't play?
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-19 14:01:37  
appleshampoo said: »
I thought Afania previously said he no longer plays and that's why updated COR sets wasn't going to happen. why so emotionally invested in a game you don't play?

Wait what? Where did I say that? Source???

I only said if I have free time, I'd rather play. How did you read it complete opposite is beyond me.

You are free to update COR sets if you want, either start a new node or update bg-wiki version. It's something that everyone can do, not just me.
By appleshampoo 2022-06-19 14:04:58  
Afania said: »

I only said if I have free time, I'd rather play. How did you read it complete opposite is beyond me.

You are free to update COR set if you want, either start a new node or update bg-wiki version. It's something that everyone can do, not just me.

went back and re-read. this is what you said:
"Since I'd like to limit my time spent on FFXI related stuff and focus on rl or play other games, the chance of an updated 2022 cor guide with all the new sets and relevant info on when to use them is unlikely to happen unless someone else wants to do it."

I interpreted that as no longer playing. you used some very strange wording if you are still indeed playing. and it's even stranger with such limited time spent on FFXI that this is how you spend it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-19 14:10:02  

You are free to update COR set if you want, either start a new node or update bg-wiki version. It's something that everyone can do, not just me.

"Since I'd like to limit my time spent on FFXI related stuff and focus on rl or play other games, the chance of an updated 2022 cor guide with all the new sets and relevant info on when to use them is unlikely to happen unless someone else wants to do it."

I interpreted that as no longer playing.

Then you read it wrong. I still play FFXI, I just play less now. That's what I meant to say.

and it's even stranger with such limited time spent on FFXI that this is how you spend it

Tell Cele stop derailing the thread with memes, lectures and off-topic posts so I don't have to waste my time replying pointless shits then!
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-06-19 14:10:47  
So why are you people even arguing with me when I said vertical progression needs to go?

Because you arguments are based on false info. V15 Bumba is killable without any odyssey gear or with R0 Odyssey gear, Segments can be done without any special gear too. Thats are bad arguments. Ofc you will get less segments in pug or farm RP slower, but how is that wasnt a thing earlier? Good groups farm Ambu much faster, farm more cards in Omen, farm more mobs in Dynamis D etc. The real dps check is only in V20 Bumba really, but even then you can be lucky and make blue proc with crits and clear it with worse players/gear and after clear you can casually farm it doing 5% HP. So I see no problem in Odyssey as event. I only see the problem in Odyssey gear being too strong and being too high vertical progression for some jobs in general.
[+]
By appleshampoo 2022-06-19 14:13:17  

I interpreted that as no longer playing.

Then you read it wrong. I still play FFXI, I just play less now. That's what I meant to say.

you're right. you spend an awful lot of time on here being a goober arguing about really dumb stuff.

limiting from 24 hours is still limiting.

you hold yourself as a very valuable COR resource. I personally believe your time is better spent updating guides and answering questions over at the COR hangout.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-19 14:14:13  
Tell Cele stop derailing the thread with memes, lectures and off-topic posts so I don't have to waste my time replying pointless shits then!
Happy Juneteenth Cele!

[+]
By Afania 2022-06-19 14:17:32  
SimonSes said: »
So why are you people even arguing with me when I said vertical progression needs to go?

Because you arguments are based on false info. V15 Bumba is killable without any odyssey gear or with R0 Odyssey gear,

I actually went back to p1 and check if I actually did said "false info", all I see is this:

So yes, very frequently, a bumba v15 PUG with members purely from PUG community usually won't do enough DPS, even for v15. I almost always have to drag someone from LS with Odyssey progression to help and ensure a win if I PUG v15-v19 runs. Or else the chance of not doing enough dmg before fetter is very high if all 5 members are from PUG community without a group.

I didn't say "bumba is not winnable" I believe, I said it's "harder", or the chance of winning is "lower", which has different meanings from impossible.

Or did I said false info in a different post? I can fix them if that bothers you so much.
[+]
By appleshampoo 2022-06-19 14:18:11  
SimonSes said: »

Because you arguments are based on false info. V15 Bumba is killable without any odyssey gear or with R0 Odyssey gear,

I actually went back to check if I actually did said "false info", all I see is this:

So yes, very frequently, a bumba v15 PUG with members purely from PUG community usually won't do enough DPS, even for v15. I almost always have to drag someone from LS with Odyssey progression to help and ensure a win if I PUG v15-v19 runs. Or else the chance of not doing enough dmg before fetter is very high if all 5 members are from PUG community without a group.

I didn't say "bumba is not winnable" I believe, I said it's "harder".

Or did I said false info in a different post? I can fix them if that bothers you so much.

this still isn't the COR forums
By Afania 2022-06-19 14:23:10  
you hold yourself as a very valuable COR resource. I personally believe your time is better spent updating guides and answering questions over at the COR hangout.

Oh dear, Your expectation is too high for me.

I'm happy to answer questions, anything beyond that is high expectations that I can't meet. Nor my obligation to meet all of them.

As for the dumb stuff that I post, it's mostly because Baniak, Cele or you challenged my stance on certain issues, so I'd like defend for it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-19 14:31:41  

OK- I said I was out, but damn this is too funny I have to go back on my word.

If you're really this easy to push buttons with that a simple pic of President Obama sipping a soda blows your ***up, this probably isn't the right environment for you.

No one holds a gun to your head to post 5-quote, half-page tomes every time someone disagrees with you. I mean really, what am I other than a stirrer of the pot? Why are my comments so bothersome to you that you can't just let something go by?

I mean, its a lot more fun watching you self-impode, I gotta admit...but we had some fun together during my brief time on Bahamut and I state again- you're better than this.

PS- its hell trying to select a quote from your posts, digging thru all the markups of prior quotes.
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-19 14:42:51  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

OK- I said I was out, but damn this is too funny I have to go back on my word.

If you're really this easy to push buttons with that a simple pic of President Obama sipping a soda blows your ***up, this probably isn't the right environment for you.

No one holds a gun to your head to post 5-quote, half-page tomes every time someone disagrees with you. I mean really, what am I other than a stirrer of the pot? Why are my comments so bothersome to you that you can't just let something go by?

I mean, its a lot more fun watching you self-impode, I gotta admit...but we had some fun together during my brief time on Bahamut and I state again- you're better than this.

PS- its hell trying to select a quote from your posts, digging thru all the markups of prior quotes.

Kinda ironic to post ***and meme FIRST then tell me I should* be better no? Lol. That isn't really fair yo. You are allowed to post ***and attack people but I have to behave and not defend for myself?

Just FYI to you and appleshampoo. I never wanted to be that "knowledgeable cor" in the community. I only talked about it, because at one time I was really passionate about it. That was all there is.

Besides that I'm just a normal player like everyone else. "knowledgeable cor" kind of title is something that I don't deserve/want/need. Nor I make guide for such titles.

Overall I'm tired of trying to meet expectations from people around me. Just give me a break please!

I didn't close the door to provide help btw, and I said I'm happy to help all the time. And if you or appleshampoo ever try to make a guide, maybe, maybe one day you'll finally understand why I choose not to do it anymore.

/Peace
Old friend
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-19 14:44:08  
Insults are the Language of Love amongst Friends.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-19 14:49:46  
How come folks in here always want to have the last word no matter what?
It feels like topics in here often become a challenge between people who have to demonstrate the world they have the bigger e-peen.

Reminds me that meme with the angry guy shutting his wife up saying "Someone is wrong on the internet and I have to prove it!"
I mean wtf guys, why can't any of you simply let things go, dropping the topic?
The other "contendant" in the discussion will think like he's "won" the debate?
So be it, who cares?
Do you really care this much to prove someone is wrong?
People in here would rather sell their first born before admitting they're wrong, and I thought people would've learned that by now...
Think again?

I mean sure, ignore this old galka here, I just think it's a shame there's people who have so much interesting and deep knowledge but such incredibly bad social attitudes.
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a kindergarden with big boys, instead of a forum with the few remaining surviving adult FFXI players.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-19 14:51:41  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Hi Sechs!
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-06-19 14:55:41  
It feels like topics in here often become a challenge between people who have to demonstrate the world they have the bigger e-peen.

Reminds me that meme with the angry guy shutting his wife up saying "Someone is wrong on the internet and I have to prove it!"
I mean wtf guys, why can't any of you simply let things go, dropping the topic?
The other "contendant" in the discussion will think like he's "won" the debate?
So be it, who cares?
Do you really care this much to prove someone is wrong?
People in here would rather sell their first born before admitting they're wrong, and I thought people would've learned that by now...
Think again?

I mean sure, ignore this old galka here, I just think it's a shame there's people who have so much interesting and deep knowledge but such incredibly bad social attitudes.
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a kindergarden with big boys, instead of a forum with the few remaining surviving adult FFXI players.

Personally I dont really care about winning anything. I just like talking about facts, learning new things, realizing my mistakes to improve. I usually avoid any personal things in those discussions and try to stay on topic. Also it's a forum, it's made for discussion. Coming here and expecting people will stop talking to each other is kinda confusing and unless people start fighting each other instead of using arguments, then I see no problem even in long threads. If I want to relax and stop writing and reading, I stay away from forums and do something relaxing.
[+]
By gunn 2022-06-19 14:57:58  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Hi Sechs!
Hi Negan!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Angenard
user: Anaurine
By Bahamut.Angenard 2022-06-19 16:20:20  
I'm just passing by to say "that we've tried to contact you about your cars extended warranty" ... please call back... also *waves*
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-19 18:25:53  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
You can nitpick about whether Nyame set gates progress or not all day, but odyssey is still vertical progression. No matter how you look at it, the current state of the game is vertical grind. You can skip right to the end of most melee by buying your odyssey clears
People mentioned that farming RP is easy, but farming segments efficiently is considerably harder.
It's honestly shocking to see so many take this stance when horizontal progression is one of the best things FFXI had to offer. Odyssey is objectively bad design in the context of FFXI's typical environment. It outdated huge swaths of AF and relic gear while providing no depth of content to replace them. It's just grinding for the sake of being the best, and it's implemented in a way that massively discourages bringing lesser geared friends at all.
I 100% agree with all of this Thorny. I'm sorry but you guys who think Odyssey and vertical progression are better for FFXI than the way it has been for the majority of this game's history need to stop shilling for Odyssey and take a look back at the way things used to be before Odyssey was added. I stopped playing from 2009 till 2017, but I played from 2004 through almost all of the 75 era and then a big majority of the 119 era from 2017 till now.

I know I missed the 99 era and Abyssea sounded like it was similar to how Odyssey is now. Where most of the other content in the game got ignored for just Abyssea is how most people make it sound who have spoke of it on here. I think that is the real problem with Odyssey, and if I had been playing back when Abyssea was new I would of felt the same way about that content.

In the 75 era, as I'm sure a lot of you remember, you could do SO much more diverse content. Dynamis, Sky/Sea Gods, HNM kings, Limbus, ENM's, Besieged, Salvage, Einherjar, Assaults, Campaign battles, Orb BCNMs. That's not even counting the story missions and stuff like the avatar prime battles etc.

Up until Odyssey was released, the 119 era seemed very similar to the 75 era. You have Ambuscade, Dynamis D, Omen, Escha/Reisen NMs, Master Trials, Hi-Tier mission Battles (both the older 2014 ones and the new 2019 era ones), tons of content from Adoulin like Sinister Reign, Delve, Vagary, Wildskeeper Reives, etc you get the point. The main difference is the 75 and 119 eras had VARIETY OF CONTENT!!!

The 99 era seemed mostly to be focused on Abyssea, Legion and Voidwatch. Correct me there if I'm wrong since I missed that era, but what else did people do (aside from older content) back then? Modern day 2021-2022 FFXI since Odyssey was fully rolled out with Bumba and Nyame is starting to seem the same as that Abyssea time period was. The game's whole focus has become ONLY about Odyssey and no other content.

The Nyame and other T3 armor sets being the main reason for that of course. But I think what Thorny and Afania were partly saying is this game NEEDS diversity in it's content, not just non-stop one event endlessly like how Abyssea seemed to be back then. That gets extremely boring and stale after awhile. This game has thrived from having so many different endgame content to do over the years. Yes I'm obviously aware you can still go back and do the older content, but I mean modern day.

The game was horizontal progression in the 75 era and for most of the 119 era until Odyssey. You didn't need Dynamis Relic/AF2 armor to kill Sky Gods or do Limbus/Salvage etc. Yes it may have helped make the content easier, but it was NEVER NEEDED to do any of the other content of that era. I didn't have any Omen gear when I first did Dynamis D in 2017 and I was able to still do a pretty good job on SMN and THF in PUG groups with waves 1 and 2. I've never done Wave 3 and I realize that is of course much more difficult.

But my point is gear from one content wasn't NEEDED to do the other relevant content of the 75 or 119 era Pre-Odyssey. I'm sorry but there are just as many people on these forums saying Odyssey sucks as people who are shilling for it. So you guys shilling for it are not like supreme authority on what content is good or not.

I'm kinda leaning more towards the Odyssey sucks end of the spectrum but not cause I don't enjoy doing the content. I actually do like solo grinding Segments with trusts and getting job points and some gil at the same time, while slowly working towards clearing the V0 tiers to buy the armors. I'm not in a endgame LS so I'm obviously not in an Odyssey static, nor do I need to or want to be.

I'm perfectly content just either doing PUG segment groups and/or trust solo grinding Sheol C. The main point people have been trying to make is that Odyssey is very gated community wise with progress. You didn't need a static party to do almost any other major content in this game except the most difficult stuff. The game was/is much more enjoyable with horizontal progression with variety of different endgame content that isn't entirely focused on one event like Abyssea or Odyssey.

I think most people who are on these forums who have played the game back during the older era's can understand that.
By Draylo 2022-06-19 18:44:43  
I feel like Odyssey content wise was pretty good after looking at it as a whole. The boss fights were nice and challenging, they just needed to extend the KI so you weren't forced to progress every day or miss out. The worst part of it all though is the gear, I hate the gear because it effectively killed off tons of content and we know how slow they are on releasing content. Just seemed really stupid of them to do that in all honesty. I had imagined they had things planned to make use of that gear but in the end it was just them underestimating the population that plays their game, once again.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-06-19 20:24:08  
Asura.Shiehna said: »
The 99 era seemed mostly to be focused on Abyssea, Legion and Voidwatch. Correct me there if I'm wrong since I missed that era, but what else did people do (aside from older content) back then? Modern day 2021-2022 FFXI since Odyssey was fully rolled out with Bumba and Nyame is starting to seem the same as that Abyssea time period was. The game's whole focus has become ONLY about Odyssey and no other content.

They did try to add a few things in there, though I think the only one that really landed was neo-salvage and nyzul, but they did try to revamp old gear of sorts either through the augment process via tatters, or releasing a 99 version of old content, though 99 limbus is a joke compared to everything else in my mind.

119 "era" can be kind of split between pre and post escha, as once escha opened up a lot of the older 119 stuff like skirmish/delve/htbs lost a lot of value outside of some key pieces which you can apply all the way back to 75 gear, but weve had several vertical progression bumps post 119, though id say ody gear or even further back malig was quite the jump on its own, to the point that im not sure just how much bloat you can keep throwing onto gear, gets more and more ridiculous everytime
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-19 20:36:06  
The 99 era seemed mostly to be focused on Abyssea, Legion and Voidwatch.
Dynamis was reworked and new gear was added for 99
There was also new: Limbus, salvage and nyzul.

Meeble Burrow was also added during 99 cap I think?

Not to mention that sky/abjuration also got augments at some point.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-19 21:45:39  
Nariont said: »
They did try to add a few things in there, though I think the only one that really landed was neo-salvage and nyzul, but they did try to revamp old gear of sorts either through the augment process via tatters, or releasing a 99 version of old content, though 99 limbus is a joke compared to everything else in my mind.
Asura.Bippin said: »
Dynamis was reworked and new gear was added for 99
There was also new: Limbus, salvage and nyzul.

Meeble Burrow was also added during 99 cap I think?

Not to mention that sky/abjuration also got augments at some point.
Oh right, that's fair points and I apologize about my lack of knowledge on the 99 era compared to the 75 and 119 ones. Since I didn't get to do the 99 content until 2017, I was doing both 99 and 119 content at the same time back then quite a bit. So some of that content I was kinda trying to keep track of which era each was even from, some of them were easier to tell than others. I honestly had no clue when Meeble Burrows or Moblin Maze Mongers got added.

Now 99 Nyzule and Salvage I'll definitely agree were pretty awesome new content. However like the 99 Dynamis and Limbus seemed very lazy, cause unless I'm mistaken they only seemed to be like upscaled Proto Omega/Ultima battles and not like the entire Limbus content? Same with Dynamis was pretty much just 99 upscale with Arch Dynamis Lord and Arch Diabolos in Dynamis Tavnazia and the other Dyn zone mega bosses. I wouldn't consider those 2 to be major content overhaul like Nyzule and Salvage were. Although the rework to making the 75 era Dynamis more solo friendly was nice I'll admit. That made farming the rest of the AF2 I didn't get back then a lot easier.

Was Walk of Echoes added before the end of the 75 era or in the 99? When I left in 2009 I remember WotG wasn't finished still and I don't recall Walk of Echoes being around at that point beyond like the story missions. So wasn't sure if that was a before or after Abyssea content. I wasn't even aware they had augments on the old 75 abjuration gear. Only the newer 119 ones of course having augments from Escha with Oseem's less hated buddy in Norg.
119 "era" can be kind of split between pre and post escha, as once escha opened up a lot of the older 119 stuff like skirmish/delve/htbs lost a lot of value outside of some key pieces which you can apply all the way back to 75 gear, but weve had several vertical progression bumps post 119, though id say ody gear or even further back malig was quite the jump on its own, to the point that im not sure just how much bloat you can keep throwing onto gear, gets more and more ridiculous everytime
That's also a fair point, since all of that 119 era content existed aside from Dynamis D and Odyssey in early 2017 when I came back to FFXI I kinda lumped it all together back then. When I leveled up from 75 to 99 and then got my 119 reforged AF gear, I started doing all that Adoulin stuff like Delve/Skirmish etc. So I worked up through that and then Ambuscade and eventually Omen farming and some PUG groups for cards and the mid/mega bosses. Then later that year Dynamis D got added so started working on both the Artifact and Relic +2/3 gear around that time.

I guess since I did all of that content in the same time frame it felt like the same era in a sense, but I see what you mean that older Adoulin gear mainly did become outdated once Ambu/Escha/Omen/Dynamis D gear got added. But yes I definitely agree that the Odyssey gear is MASSIVE bloat and power creep over all of that other gear. Malig was pretty powerful but not all jobs had it like how Ody does. Honestly I think my SMN and WHM get more benefit from Nyame than my WAR or THF do with the crazy defensive stats. My mage jobs don't seem like wet paper bags anymore defense wise with more difficult content lol.

I think like Thorny, Draylo and others said earlier the main prob with Ody gear is it basically made most of the armor from 119 era seem obsolete (weapons is a different matter of course). I personally don't like this smooth-brain type of approach to the game's gear to where you can just go super lazy and do most content now with just those Ody T3 and Nyame armors and skipping over all the older gear.

I thought it was pretty cool actually how Ambu had like the 119 Salvage/Nyzul gear, Escha had 119 Abjuration gear, Omen had Artifact +2/3 and Dyna D had Relic +2/3. And now the new VR endgame content will have Empy +2/3. That approach was much more fun and diverse content and gear obtainment wise, because it was much more so horizontal progression and not vertical like Ody has become. Like most of my WAR's Savage Blade WS set has close, or in the case of Agoge +3 head BETTER stats than even the R25 Nyame.

In other words, Nyame and the other Ody gear while very powerful, is not required to still enjoy the game's other content or even Ody itself. I wish some people in the community would quit acting like Nyame/T3 Ody gear is required to even do endgame content.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-19 21:47:29  
The thing is, it is required.

If you're not doing it the best and fastest way possible then what's the point. I mean why even bother.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-19 21:54:17  
ItemSet 385106
Case in point, here you go my WAR Savage Blade WS set. No Ody gear at all in it atm cause I only got Nyame on my main char atm and WAR is on my alt char. Still grinding Ody on that char. Cape has 10% WSD obviously. Valor body has 8% WSD for mine with lucky dark matter aug. Agoge +3 head even on BGWiki WAR job guide straight up says it beats Nyame head armor cause of the like 80 attack and 10% WSD on it.

My Odyssean gloves have 5% WSD and it has 2 on the base armor so 7 WSD for that. Ambu Feet have 7% WSD and my valor legs have 5% WSD currently from fern stones. Haven't had any luck on DM augs for that one yet. My point is all of my 5 main armors on this set EXCEPT the legs have equal or better stats than Nyame Path B until like rank 18 or 19 aug.

I'm sorry but until they added Nyame Rank 25 I wouldn't of even bothered with augmenting Path B for WAR. Even at Rank 20 it was just barely better then my current set. Far as the T3 Ody gear, to be totally honest those don't even seem worth augmenting. Like yes they have good aug stats but not really remotely close to the Nyame augment stats. So for those I really wouldn't care about keeping them all Rank 0 if I had no way to get the higher tier clears.
By Draylo 2022-06-19 21:55:18  
Why bother at all doing anything? I mean, lets not get into the existential debates lol
[+]
By Nariont 2022-06-19 22:03:13  
Was Walk of Echoes added before end of the 75 era or in the 99? When I left in 2009 I remember WotG wasn't finished still and I don't recall Walk of Echoes being around at that point beyond like the story missions. So wasn't sure if that was a before or after Abyssea content. I wasn't even aware they had augments on the old 75 abjuration gear. Only the newer 119 ones of course having augments from Escha with Oseem's less hated buddy in Norg.

From memory WoE was 85~99 content, can't remember when exactly it got added in, then later surge walks were added to make ivl version of gear, a lot of the revamped older content gets forgotten easily as VW era XI was probably as dead if not more so than current XI, much like WotG era in general SE would make a new thing, maybe throw a couple updates at it then abandon it, the augment stuff was even more so since synergy was relatively uncommon back then plus RNG augments are always a blast.

In other words, Nyame and the other Ody gear while very powerful, is not required to still enjoy the game's other content or even Ody itself. I wish some people in the community would quit acting like Nyame/T3 Ody gear is required to even do endgame content.

Sure it's not, you can make that claim for just about any piece of gear/content, but ody is the only real current content available, and the ody gear while not always the best piece of gear isnt far from it even factoring in augments, along with sporting high hybrid potential which previous gear lacks more often than not, and takes much less effort to attain since its just grabbing a clear and there you go, if not for lockouts it's probably easier starter gear to get than ambu.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-19 23:12:47  
From memory WoE was 85~99 content, can't remember when exactly it got added in, then later surge walks were added to make ivl version of gear, a lot of the revamped older content gets forgotten easily as VW era XI was probably as dead if not more so than current XI, much like WotG era in general SE would make a new thing, maybe throw a couple updates at it then abandon it, the augment stuff was even more so since synergy was relatively uncommon back then plus RNG augments are always a blast.
Ahh okay yeah I was thinking it was prolly 99 content but wasn't sure. But yeah surge walks are definitely much tougher and seem more like 119 content. Lol you mean like Oseem? and that dipshit taru in Adoulin who does the skirmish augs? God I hate both of them with a passion lmao. Speaking of which I forgot to mention earlier, some adoulin gear is still important even today.

As the best example for me, on SMN with physical avatar blood pacts, the helios head and feet with the optimal avatar/pet augs are still the BiS even with Ody gear. Cause Nyame/Bunzi didn't have much of anything pet stat wise. Especially not when it comes to blood pact damage. I hated that taru when I was maxing out the augs on those 2 armors, took so damn long lol. Don't even get me started on Oseem with and without the Dark Matter augs! >:(

Oh was FFXI really that dead during VW? I figured with Abyssea a lot of people came back to the game with the lv99 cap. Or I guess VW was more like 2012? I know Abyssea was mainly around 2010 and 2011. Was it cause of FFXIV coming out around that time?

Also serious question for you guys, would you all consider FFXI to have had a higher population during the post Rhapsodies/Escha era, like 2016 to 2019 Pre-Ody than it does now Post-Ody and the 20th Anniversary? Or does there seem like more players are around now in 2021 and 2022?

I'm honestly curious since I had just returned to the game in 2017. So I was still getting my bearings straight back then and had no idea how the population was compared to now. It did seem like the 75 era had a higher population, but that's prolly obvious since that was this game's peak heyday during the Ps2 era.
Sure it's not, you can make that claim for just about any piece of gear/content, but ody is the only real current content available, and the ody gear while not always the best piece of gear isnt far from it even factoring in augments, along with sporting high hybrid potential which previous gear lacks more often than not, and takes much less effort to attain since its just grabbing a clear and there you go, if not for lockouts it's probably easier starter gear to get than ambu.
That is a very good point, I still think that Mage jobs and weaker defense DD benefit the most from Nyame. The hybrid set it offers for literally all jobs is its best benefit in my opinion. With SMN being my main job in FFXI, that's one of the things I really hated is being so wet paper bag on the job until Nyame got added lol.

But yes the lockout on Ody is the most BS thing to me. Like Omen lets you hold 4 key items so why cant Ody do that? I don't always have free time to play XI and some days I would like to say spam Sheol C a ton for segments, then do some of the V0 clears on T1/2/3 and call it a day. I don't see what's wrong with SE to fix that issue? I don't mind the segment grind long as you don't get stuck with the only 1/2 runs a day crap.

Also about Ody being the only new content, the VR endgame content for Empy +2/3 cant come soon enough lol. I really hope it's more inviting to non static/LS groups like how Ambu/Escha/Omen/Dyna D are aside from the hardest stuff in those content, and less like how Odyssey is.
By Nariont 2022-06-19 23:33:00  
Oh was FFXI really that dead during VW? I figured with Abyssea a lot of people came back to the game with the lv99 cap. Or I guess VW was more like 2012? I know Abyssea was mainly around 2010 and 2011. Was it cause of FFXIV coming out around that time?

They came back sure but with aby you could finish the grind up pretty quickly and after that... well you could grind an empyrean or another rema and that was it, VW got added a bit after but it ran its course real quick with the short fights mixed with some of the worst drop rates I can remember, it wasnt until I want to say a good yr or just under that they started adding other 99 stuff, and that came in trickles and again once they put a couple updates into it that was it, so none of it really lasted sides maybe legion and salvage II, possibly meebles but I didn't do much of that when it was new.
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-20 04:52:47  
But yes the lockout on Ody is the most BS thing to me. Like Omen lets you hold 4 key items so why cant Ody do that? I don't always have free time to play XI and some days I would like to say spam Sheol C a ton for segments, then do some of the V0 clears on T1/2/3 and call it a day. I don't see what's wrong with SE to fix that issue

SE mentioned something about congestion in the last AMA. If everybody spams C on weekends congestion may be a problem for them.

This is another reason why FFXI could benefit from an alternative endgame progression path.
[+]