users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » June 2021 Version Update
June 2021 Version Update
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-10 10:12:25  
Speaking of bugs there's more of them in this patch than there are content additions, I wonder how they even managed to achieve some of them. Friend got what looked like a Japanese besieged notification in ru lude for example.
By Matic 2021-06-10 10:33:23  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Matic said: »
if there is actually a guy who both knows how to create/edit luas, and also DOESN'T know about the 'Find" function, I would like him to post here please because I have so many questions

You might be amazed at the amount of people who ask for a file because they're incapable of replacing gear themselves

I might be, but I work in IT so I'm not. I just couldn't help saying something because jfc people
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-06-10 11:18:26  
Where do these aern items come from?
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-06-10 11:36:03  
I wonder if they're doing a Jailer event (later on) like they've done before for the cosmetic weapons
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-10 11:48:35  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Wasn't there a blurb in the Dev message about adding a good incentive to completing Voracious Resurgence up to this point?

From what I'm gathering, the incentive is 3 silver vouchers...

Ugh, not sure why I bothered to get up to date last week. I guess this must be the reward. I guess it's at least better than the other "reward" of inventory -5 from a cosmetic lv1 5-piece set (which is just great due to current inventory struggles).
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-06-10 12:26:06  
The gear is storable on slip 3.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-10 13:30:02  
I figured it was storable, but still... when even the devs are frequently acknowledging that inventory is a major issue that is a priority to correct, I don't really see why they're making so many damn cosmetic rewards that take some of that valuable inventory space if you want to use them even for /lockstyle purposes. Five more here, in addition to the three we just got from the recent San d'Oria Voracious Resurgence missions (sword, shield, polearm). Ugh.

Got my hopes up that we'd actually get a worthwhile reward, especially since we've seen a solid one already from these missions (TH+1 all jobs ammo). And they COULD give nice perks that actually help REDUCE inventory. For instance, would it hurt anything at this point to make an all jobs movement speed +12% shoes so I don't have to lug around multiple pieces for those jobs that still don't have an 18% piece (aside from dedicating Adoulin reward to that ring)?

Anyway, 3 more silver vouchers yay whatever. Enjoy your extra ka-thwacks.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 13:40:30  
This seems new. The ability menu list has never said the tier of trait we get before now, right? Like in this example, it would have just said "Treasure Hunter" before, right?

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-06-10 13:41:44  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
I wonder if they're doing a Jailer event (later on) like they've done before for the cosmetic weapons

That would be my guess. It seems kinda weird that they would add these, though. Was anyone out there demanding pink versions of aern weapons?
By Shichishito 2021-06-10 13:50:18  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I figured it was storable, but still... when even the devs are frequently acknowledging that inventory is a major issue that is a priority to correct, I don't really see why they're making so many damn cosmetic rewards that take some of that valuable inventory space if you want to use them even for /lockstyle purposes.
there first priority is to create problems and amplify them to then sell you a solution for it. it's absurd but since enough don't complain and just buy this BS business practice apparently works.
By joemamma 2021-06-10 13:50:39  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I figured it was storable, but still... when even the devs are frequently acknowledging that inventory is a major issue that is a priority to correct, I don't really see why they're making so many damn cosmetic rewards that take some of that valuable inventory space if you want to use them even for /lockstyle purposes. Five more here, in addition to the three we just got from the recent San d'Oria Voracious Resurgence missions (sword, shield, polearm). Ugh.

Got my hopes up that we'd actually get a worthwhile reward, especially since we've seen a solid one already from these missions (TH+1 all jobs ammo). And they COULD give nice perks that actually help REDUCE inventory. For instance, would it hurt anything at this point to make an all jobs movement speed +12% shoes so I don't have to lug around multiple pieces for those jobs that still don't have an 18% piece (aside from dedicating Adoulin reward to that ring)?

Anyway, 3 more silver vouchers yay whatever. Enjoy your extra ka-thwacks.

Could have just added 18% movement on one of those armor pieces yea.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-10 13:56:06  
Quote:
This seems new. The ability menu list has never said the tier of trait we get before now, right? Like in this example, it would have just said "Treasure Hunter" before, right?

It's not new. The job traits menu has listed Treasure Hunter III since the abyssea days. TH II was listed there back in level 75 days. You must have just never noticed.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-06-10 14:32:54  
I really wish the community team would pass more of our suggestions onto the developers, it sucks that things that would make so much of a different are just ignored.

I actually thought we were going to get apex collibri.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-10 14:42:17  
RadialArcana said: »
I really wish the community team would pass more of our suggestions onto the developers, it sucks that things that would make so much of a different are just ignored.

They explicitly stated that they're just experimenting with removing level correction in old areas at this point, to see if it goes well so they can add proper higher level monsters (instead of the jank workaround of level 99 monsters with inflated stats that old areas use right now) later without getting spaghetti code'd. This update was just their test bed using the Voracious Resurgence monsters.

We're 99% getting higher level mobs in older areas in later updates, likely associated with the new job progression system coming later.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-06-10 15:15:39  
Asura.Geriond said: »
They explicitly stated that they're just experimenting with removing level correction in old areas at this point, to see if it goes well so they can add proper higher level monsters (instead of the jank workaround of level 99 monsters with inflated stats that old areas use right now) later without getting spaghetti code'd. This update was just their test bed using the Voracious Resurgence monsters.

We're 99% getting higher level mobs in older areas in later updates, likely associated with the new job progression system coming later.
When the go to actually create high level monsters, I hope they start it in /rmap regions so we can actually have region vendors.
Just one apex camp per region as a start will do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 15:20:06  
It's fun seeing all 3 Nations tied in the rankings and nobody can buy living keys.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2021-06-10 15:45:39  
Reward could've been the ability to lockstyle from stored items o.o
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 15:52:44  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's fun seeing all 3 Nations tied in the rankings and nobody can buy living keys.

Had that a week ago on Asura of all places. In all of my years, I don't recall ever seeing it before anywhere.

Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 16:30:18  
It's one of those rare incidents, like how dozens of Japanese players from Bastok would trade thousands of crystals to the regional NPC in Sandy and steal Ronfaure right from under their nose before the conquest tally.

Good times
[+]
 Bahamut.Silentsteel
By Bahamut.Silentsteel 2021-06-11 06:30:27  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
One month.

You misinterpreted what I was quoting. The mog amplifiers have been messed up for one month, but they're only NOW realizing that the damage over time effects are not being removed upon player death. If you die to Ngai with drown on, it kills you after you reraise. If Kalunga's burn is on you, it kills you again after you reraise. Even if you home point and zone to town, it will kill you if you don't immediately zone into a mog house. The DoT effects are 150 damage a tic. They're very potent and since they persist through death they do cause problems. THIS is the bug they're referencing.

That's been a bug with the atonement 3 Nm's since they were first introduced. And that happened in February.
Now how do we get it to where it can jump between players and cause a WoW plague in each city? =p
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-06-11 06:36:04  
Has anyone tested emnity on unity mobs in the stated areas yet?
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-11 07:04:49  
Has anyone tested emnity on unity mobs in the stated areas yet?

It shouldn't change enmity, enmity is a function of level, not level correction. All unity mobs are level 99, so enmity is very easy to acquire via damage due to being graded on a lv99 scale instead of a (129,135,w.e) scale.

Level correction in old areas added a fixed penalty to your attack/defense ratio for each level the monster had over you, which made balance extremely difficult with monsters high enough level for ilevel. As a result, nothing in adoulin uses level correction and post-adoulin content in old zones is all level 99 with inflated stats as a workaroound(HTBC, unity are the best examples that immediately come to mind).

Assuming they don't create any problems by removing level correction, they likely plan to inflate the levels of unity(or add new content in these areas, maybe for Voracious Resurgance), and want to avoid the enmity problems.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-06-11 07:32:01  
It's one of those rare incidents, like how dozens of Japanese players from Bastok would trade thousands of crystals to the regional NPC in Sandy and steal Ronfaure right from under their nose before the conquest tally.

Good times

That’s when you do the supply delivery quest to get the outpost warp, to make those good times last forever =o
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-11 10:00:16  
Bahamut.Suph said: »

Good times

That’s when you do the supply delivery quest to get the outpost warp, to make those good times last forever =o

I have them all, but they basically invalidated those with unity, voidwatch, home points, surivival guides, and Explorer Moogle. Occasionally, I use my OP warp for funs :3
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-06-11 12:55:22  
Level Correction affected Charm rather directly.

IIRC it was 10% lower charm success rate for each level above player's level. though it probably has a minimum, I don't remember ever testing the minimum. max charm rate was capped at 95% iirc
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-06-12 21:28:22  
Did they tank the good treasure occurrence from NNI? I'm having ridiculously poor loot after a few dozen runs already. Anyone else experiencing the same or just me?
By joemamma 2021-06-13 10:13:05  
Asura.Emba said: »
Did they tank the good treasure occurrence from NNI? I'm having ridiculously poor loot after a few dozen runs already. Anyone else experiencing the same or just me?

I would say it's normal even during campaign to get mostly junk. Unless you plan on spamming NNI a lot. Prepare for lots of junk armor and weapons.
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 10:29:15  
I don't spam no during campaign, but from like 60 runs total I did in last few years, I got nothing good beside pop for PW and few pulse.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-13 10:31:40  
Those boxes comes from NMs and the floor boss, so its kinda garanteed the amount of boxes you can get from a run, provide you look for NMs and aim for the floor bosses.

But if youre talking about qualoty drops, well, yeah, it was always like a hundred of pre-ilv garbage before a dozen of junk ilv garbage for maybe one or two decent ilv garbage.

Odds in FFXI always worked like that. If you feel youre on the losing side, just take a break and come back the next day.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2021-06-14 02:15:03  

Per what Camate told me, the issue isn't the NA community team passing it off, but the JP community team has a guy that will just dismiss our concerns cause it's not something the JP community is saying.

That said, it's entirely possible the CURRENT NA community team doesn't have a full grasp of the current dynamics of FFXI, as per the Primed for Adventure stream, they're not even close to 'current' on the game, so they may not understand the concerns being brought up by the community. But you also have the fact that what FFXIAH says, and what is said on the Official Forums, often being wildly different. So if the NA community isn't even officially submitting their concerns, it's clear we'll never be heard.
[+]