2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » Gaol: Unplayable content because of lag
Gaol: Unplayable content because of lag
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14
By SimonSes 2021-02-25 07:00:04  
Asura.Sechs said: »
It seems my packets get routed from Italy to France then to US then finally to Japan.
Waaaaaaa

That's quite a long trip lmao

Looks like we are on similar boat.

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Same, report submitted.
Mine goes from Sweden via London then Japan.
Did the ping/traceroute while inside Gaol with icons loading, still got the same 230ms, no packet lost.

You are using some VPN? It would be way closer to go through Asia from Poland, even with short trip west to London >.>

Through USA its 15000km and through Asia it would be 8500 lol... Its hilarious it goes through USA...
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-02-25 07:06:45  
SimonSes said: »
Through USA its 15000km and through Asia it would be 8500 lol... Its hilarious it goes through USA...

The trans-atlantic and trans-pacific cables are extremely fast, high quality fiber cables. I don't really know about Asia's infrastructure, but I suspect a good portion of the distance you'd have to cover over land isn't even fiber.

This is the only high bandwidth fiber path I can find around asia, and it's pretty roundabout.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
サーバ: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-25 07:06:47  
No Vpn used.
Code
  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms 
  2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  local 
  3    36 ms    37 ms    36 ms  local 
  4    30 ms    30 ms    30 ms  local 
  5    36 ms    36 ms    37 ms  local 
  6    36 ms    36 ms    36 ms  london
  7   211 ms   210 ms   210 ms  tokyo
  8   210 ms   210 ms   209 ms  tokyo
  9   215 ms   215 ms   217 ms  
 10   230 ms   229 ms   229 ms  
 11   237 ms   229 ms   229 ms  
 12   230 ms   230 ms   230 ms  
 13   230 ms   230 ms   230 ms  

When I did this check 1 year ago I went from london > usa > japan
with a ping around 350
By Gambits 2021-02-25 07:08:25  
Gaol
Lgao
Lga
..Lag!

O__O
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-25 07:10:44  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

The trans-atlantic and trans-pacific cables are extremely fast, high quality fiber cables. I don't really know about Asia's infrastructure, but I suspect a good portion of the distance you'd have to cover over land isn't even fiber.

This is the only high bandwidth fiber path I can find around asia, and it's pretty roundabout.

You are probably right, but my ping is usually 280+ and Wotasu said his is 230 and Sweden and Poland is almost in the same place and from my understanding his signal goes from London east to Japan, not through USA.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-02-25 07:26:17  
Just received a response from technical support regarding my ticket for odyssey lag. I'm at work and don't really have time to check out the entire reply, but it looks like standard IT "it's your fault not mine" jargon. At the very least, maybe copy/pasting this response to dozens of people may get the tech guy to bring it up to someone else. Including email in spoiler:
By yarnox 2021-02-25 07:46:13  
I think they are just trying to buy time talking about ping and user error because they can't/(don't care to) fix the problem yet.

I think they should try turning off and turning on the access to mog house in the area see if that helps. Or turning off and turning on other aspects like job switching. Seems like the elephant in the room to me.

It would be ironic if the new content Odyssey ends up driving away the last vestiges of ffxi players through frustration and inability to play. What a fitting end.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-02-25 07:52:26  
Still only a tiny minority of players even do Odyssey Gaol at all, or probably ever will.
 Asura.Hya
By Asura.Hya 2021-02-25 07:56:49  
RadialArcana said: »
Still only a tiny minority of players even do Odyssey Gaol at all, or probably ever will.
We have started seeing up to 20+ page queue by 8pm est on some days. Earlier than that I've seen almost zero wait. My LS is blowing me up trying to get t3 clears. People are interested and want to do this content.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-02-25 08:08:52  
It's free access time.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-25 08:27:02  
Asura.Hya said: »
We have started seeing up to 20+ page queue by 8pm est on some days. Earlier than that I've seen almost zero wait. My LS is blowing me up trying to get t3 clears. People are interested and want to do this content.

On Odin I see lots of people wanting to do Ody, but either cannot because of the Lag or because they can't find people to do it with.

Very few NA have T3 unlocked (Let alone augmented) on Odin; from what I can tell anyway.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-25 08:29:28  
Considering we know the community team read here, and they are the only ones that care about this minority content issue maybe the tone should be less aggressive.

Just saying.
By mhomho 2021-02-25 08:31:53  
Asura.Hya said: »
running in the background causes interference,
SE's way of saying:
Did you try turning off some of your addons?
Did you try playing with other people instead of just 6 boxing it?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-02-25 08:47:10  
only a tiny minority of players even do Odyssey Gaol at all, or probably ever will.
Top notch sets for 30m with one clear? In what world will players not try to get that?

The ping/tracert stuff is just a distraction, you can use it to verify your internet isn't the cause easily enough(that 50% report was only a sample size of 4 and should really have been ran for 10-20 min). It's their own code issue, and they need to address it.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2021-02-25 08:48:03  
Just need to double up the healing. Have SCH and WHM, WHM spams heals and SCH Regen V with occasional trying to tim a clutch Cure IV with or without Accession when they think a TP move is about to trigger in 5-10 seconds.
 Asura.Hya
By Asura.Hya 2021-02-25 08:54:00  
Considering we know the community team read here, and they are the only ones that care about this minority content issue maybe the tone should be less aggressive.

Just saying.
If they read these forums enough they should know the majority of the aggressive people by name and take their posts with a grain of salt. Those people may not be wrong, but their approach isn't always going to be helpful.

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Just need to double up the healing. Have SCH and WHM, WHM spams heals and SCH Regen V with occasional trying to tim a clutch Cure IV with or without Accession when they think a TP move is about to trigger in 5-10 seconds.
We have just been filling the 6th slot with ygnas or monbro. As whm main, this event is so frustrating for me. These fights are something I have the skill to heal solo easily, but lag and just straight up dropped inputs make it impossible. Trust can cover instantly responding to high damage tp moves, while whm can focus on removing debuffs, keeping people topped off, and aoe heals when necessary. Arise as well for when the trust simply can't keep up.
[+]
By malakef 2021-02-25 09:03:50  
I think more have t3 clears than you think they just unlocking it and calling it done as the RP process combined with the lag screw job makes it not fun content. I know we have worked in my LS on getting several people unlocked anyways And I bet it’s similar for many others.
[+]
By GlassyCraver 2021-02-25 09:06:52  
I just tried this event for the firs time. I went on WHM in a shout for Kalunga - they warped up and then I was just stuck looking at a set of stairs. I tried to run up them and disappeared on my screen and couldn't see anything. Couldn't even help with the fight but they won easily with no healer. Great job SE.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-25 09:56:40  

Not even close. Everybody is doing Gaol, or at least farming the segments to get into it. I used to post so much information on the Odyssey main thread and nobody ever responded or cared for it. Now with Gaol I get numerous random tells and messages asking me for tips and how certain things in Gaol work. People ask me to bring them in for clears every other day, some I have never even talked to. Everybody is interested in Gaol now, the gear is just too good.

People are doing this content because SE is shoving it all down our throat, but they are only giving us a straw to take it all in. But that has next to nothing to do with the lag in that zone, because it was literally like that on day 1 when nobody had any segments built up.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-25 10:18:46  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Not even close. Everybody is doing Gaol, or at least farming the segments to get into it. I used to post so much information on the Odyssey main thread and nobody ever responded or cared for it. Now with Gaol I get numerous random tells and messages asking me for tips and how certain things in Gaol work. People ask me to bring them in for clears every other day, some I have never even talked to. Everybody is interested in Gaol now, the gear is just too good.

People are doing this content because SE is shoving it all down our throat, but they are only giving us a straw to take it all in. But that has next to nothing to do with the lag in that zone, because it was literally like that on day 1 when nobody had any segments built up.

I'm glad to learn that the majority of players didn't do Ody prior and are all rookies at it like myself lol.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-25 10:29:26  
GlassyCraver said: »
I just tried this event for the firs time. I went on WHM in a shout for Kalunga - they warped up and then I was just stuck looking at a set of stairs. I tried to run up them and disappeared on my screen and couldn't see anything. Couldn't even help with the fight but they won easily with no healer. Great job SE.

This happened to me while on SCH on a t2 nm. Krab I think it was. Camera stayed locked in place. I could move around but the camera wouldn’t move at all. Had to have them pull it back enough for me to target and do my job. Luckily those stairs are not there on the t2s.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-25 10:57:12  
Asura.Nuance said: »
GlassyCraver said: »

This happened to me while on SCH on a t2 nm. Krab I think it was. Camera stayed locked in place. I could move around but the camera wouldn’t move at all. Had to have them pull it back enough for me to target and do my job. Luckily those stairs are not there on the t2s.
This is related to AoE buffing when characters havent finished "zoning" after choosing NM, can log to charcter select and it will work.
Edit:
I got this.
Code
Dear -----,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear you are having connection issues with FINAL FANTASY XI.

We have sent your report to the relevant team for investigation. Please understand that, 
due to the volume of reports we receive, we cannot act upon or follow up on each individual 
request but please keep an eye on our official websites and social media channels for the latest information. 

We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-02-25 11:17:25  
The copy paste reply I received, it's as if they didn't read my report at all. I never mentioned/received an error code of any kind.
Quote:
Greetings,

The issue you are describing is most associated with interference with the game data. Errors 3113, 3100, 4001, or 1160 may occur as a result. Most of the time, it results from certain security/privacy changes on Internet Explorer. Other times, it occurs when an application running in the background causes interference, such as anti-virus software, firewalls, media players, web browsers, communications software, etc.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference before attempting to log in.

Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXI launcher icon once more and select “Run as Administrator.” This option can also be set permanently by Right-Clicking on the FFXI launcher icon, selecting Properties, then under the Compatibility tab, check the box that says “Run this program as an administrator” and clicking OK.

If the suggestions provided above do not resolve the issue, there may be a communication error.

If you are receiving the error FFXI - 3113 - Protocol Timeout Error, ensure that Client for Microsoft Networks is installed in your Windows network properties. If it is installed, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:

TCP: 25, 80, 110, 443 and 50000 - 65535
UDP: 53 and 50000 - 65535

*You may learn how to do this by visiting http://www.portforward.com/
Find your specific router's brand and model number from the 'List of Routers' and you will be provided a step-by-step guide on how to access these port settings.
Otherwise, your ISP may forward these ports for you.*

If you have properly configured your router, and you are still experiencing these issues, our next suggestion is to bypass the router, and connect your computer directly to your modem. Please ensure that you power down both the modem and the computer for at least five minutes before attempting to connect to FINAL FANTASY XI.

Note that Proxy servers and satellite connections do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.

If you continue to receive these same errors when you are connected directly to the modem, then the problem lies with your ISP. We would recommend contacting your provider and advising them that one or more of the ports previously provided to you are being blocked or filtered, and that you do need access on these ports.

Thank you,
---
SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
By SimonSes 2021-02-25 11:27:21  
Its the same response. You just being handled by bot.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-02-25 11:43:31  
Its the same response. You just being handled by bot.
Wouldn't surprise me, but the --- was the redacted name of a person.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-25 12:02:48  
endxen said: »
It seriously will take a year, yes you read that right "a year" to fully RP the augments for one gear set. It's a ridiculous grind but it is what it is...

Probably not exactly a year for someone who stays on top of 6k segments daily and gets dragged into V15s constantly without expending his own segments to farm up, but that's going to be a very small minority. The average player will take them a year if they don't give up by then.
By SimonSes 2021-02-25 12:29:57  
It seriously will take a year, yes you read that right "a year" to fully RP the augments for one gear set. It's a ridiculous grind but it is what it is...

Probably not exactly a year for someone who stays on top of 6k segments daily and gets dragged into V15s constantly without expending his own segments to farm up, but that's going to be a very small minority. The average player will take them a year if they don't give up by then.

We are talking about Rank 20? or Rank 30 that so far only exist in dats?
By RadialArcana 2021-02-25 12:46:29  
They are asking for data to compile and send to the developers, what they are sending you in a few hours is a canned response so you know they received it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-25 12:51:39  

We are talking about Rank 20? or Rank 30 that so far only exist in dats?

Full rank augments, unless they change the, so R30. There is an update this coming month, so maybe they scale it down or up, or adjust RP.

I have capped one piece of Odyssey gear to R20 from a T1, and even with a build-up of about 60k segments at launch, it still took me well over a month to cap. That includes learning the fights, deaths, using segments for other clears, etc. Knowing what I know right now, it would be quicker and less wasted points, but any average player right now saying they want to get into Gaol with 0 segments, 0 progress, and 0 ability to skip tiers, assuming they can even beat V15 A3s, it's going to take a whole lot longer to R20 5 pieces of gear from the highest Atonement, let alone R30. A year doesn't sound like much of an exaggeration at all. This also assumes they know exactly what they are doing to make progress and stay on top of 6k+ segments daily, which is already next to impossible for an average player to accomplish (cuz RL)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14