フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » Gaol: Unplayable content because of lag
Gaol: Unplayable content because of lag
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Essylt
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-02-11 19:57:23  
I live in Tokyo and I can try confirming if being in Japan does indeed make the lag better once I farm up some segments.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-11 22:09:34  
So found this interesting so I thought I'd add it to our discussion. I'm one of those people who normally doesn't commonly have Lag in Odyssey other then that small 1 second delay we can experience at times. However, today I was fighting my first Atonement 3 NM and for the first 5 minutes everything was fine. Then a fetter popped and suddenly I had about a 3 second delay... I was able to get away from that fetter and it despawned but the Lag remained, it then just got progressively worse until the point that it wasn't even showing my weaponskills or spell castings on screen, just me swinging over and over. I know we kind of already debunked the idea of this having anything to do with the Fetters since it was happening for people in Attonement 1 and 2, but I found my experience today very unusual... hope I never see that lag again as that was awful!
[+]
 Phoenix.Kuddi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zaknafei
By Phoenix.Kuddi 2021-02-11 22:29:40  
The same issue Logical had also affected me. At first I thought it was because I was six boxing the content and well, that always causes some drag at times, but it persisted throughout the entire remainder whilst in zone. I will add as soon as I exited the lag was gone.
By Torzak 2021-02-11 23:03:45  
I just did T1 Gogmagog without anyone else there to be a source of lag, & I noticed that my R was at 2500 to 2900 from the 15min mark of the countdown to the 11min mark standing there not engaged just doing self buffs on me & trusts. Then after engaged, that same 2500 to 2900 R continued.

As soon as I used my Moglophone II item to warp out after the fight was done, the very moment it completed being used/activated, the R went to 200 some before I was even fully warped out of the place.

I'm pretty sure they are sending us way more data in Odyssey than they should be and more than is realistic for this game to handle, and I have no clue what that data all could be.

I don't lag like this even when I pull every crab/fish in Dho Gates to aoe down.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Aurone 2021-02-12 03:10:42  
I'd like to point out again that if we want SE to take action about the lag issue there needs to be a community uproar on the official forum.
SE isn't keen on fixing things (moogle mastery on Sheol C comes to mind) even if it takes little resources to do so. Fixing the lag will most likely be a bigger time investment, so we need to push them.

So please keep posting on the Digest comment section and upvote the bug report.
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57813
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57736-Abnormal-connection-behavior-within-Odyssey-battle-content-Sheol-Gaol

45 upvotes on the bug report is a lot when comparing it to most other post on the official forum but with a playerbase 20000+ ? it
doesn't make a big impact from SE's side.

Same for the 6-7 negative replies on the Digest.

Spare a few minutes and upvote and comment on the digest.
Thanks
By SimonSes 2021-02-12 03:35:03  
Aurone said: »
Spare a few minutes and upvote and comment on the digest.
Thanks

Done.
By eeternal 2021-02-12 04:11:22  
Done x2
By SimonSes 2021-02-12 04:56:12  
eeternal said: »
Done x2

Good idea, I forgot I can do it on alts too!

Done x2 more
[+]
By eeternal 2021-02-12 05:39:41  
SimonSes said: »
eeternal said: »
Done x2

Good idea, I forgot I can do it on alts too!

Done x2 more

If people that 6 box did it on each mule, this should be fixed in no time ;p
By RadialArcana 2021-02-12 06:50:05  
On one hand it sounds like some kind of effect isn't properly supported on some graphics cards and when encountered it causes lag (that isn't reset until you zone). Fetters, water, smoke and the fire effects maybe.

On the other it could just be some server routine starts under certain circumstances that sends / receives data and maybe it's starts 4-5 times due to a bug so you get 4-5 times the data being sent.

Does this lag only happen in gaol or does it happen in the previous areas too, are both areas in the same zone (just different parts of the map) or are they different zones (is there a specific search area for gaol). Tempted to try mod the zone file (or files, maybe 2 duplicate zones like with ambuscade) to remove some effects for people to test but I'm not sure how it all works since I haven't done much of odysesy at all.
By SimonSes 2021-02-12 07:08:27  
RadialArcana said: »
On one hand it sounds like some kind of effect isn't properly supported on some graphics cards and when encountered it causes lag (that isn't reset until you zone). Fetters, water, smoke and the fire effects maybe.

It has nothing to do with Graphic card lol. Its not a visual issue. My game doesnt slow down at all. Im missing animation of people moving, WSs and JA used because Im probably loosing packets that suppose to tell my game to make those animations or show damage in log. Its totally connection/packet issues and not a graphic or performance one.

I have similar, but lesser (delay is 2-4 sec instead of 5-8, but also missing Ws animation and damage in chat often) issue in 18 people Dynamis D, but 0 issue when I triobox Dynamis D and obviously I have the same issue during Mireu with 100 people there. Also I very rarely and randomly have 18ppl Dynamises where I almost have no lag (not zone, mobs and my job related).
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2021-02-12 07:14:30  
Rag server, trusts only. (i play on an imac typically with my normal group, dyn d doesnt lag too much, i attribute it to the absurd amount of ram im running as opposed to ppl capped at lol32GB ram)

Pre-content drop, was fine. not really an issue.
Post content drop.
F for everyone.

Gotta avoid times when anyone is in there or even in rab zone.
Going during JP PRIME IS SUICIDE. that lag, esp with trusts, can mean you'll lag, then once the spike ends, ALL UR *** ARE DEAD. (LOL)

Also, the segment price is too high.

I initially did the bosses to get access to the ras(vine) mob, the first 3ish mobs didnt matter even in lag.

The vine mob bodied my trusts and i didnt realize due to the lag u can actively recall trusts.

Personally, i dont think they'll fix it. get your access to stuff, then alt farm the materials is my suggestion until fixed.

Cant even be bothered atm personally, have done the event since like a few days after it was released.
By Manque 2021-02-12 07:32:00  
Posted in JP as well. 12 likes so far and a couple replies saying they feel sorry for us.
By yarnox 2021-02-12 07:34:29  
Quote:
a couple replies saying they feel sorry for us.

Implying they are not having this issue?
By RadialArcana 2021-02-12 08:14:31  
Manque said: »
Posted in JP as well. 12 likes so far and a couple replies saying they feel sorry for us.

This implies no JP players are having this at all.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-12 08:35:55  
Or that it's not as bad and/or rarer.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-02-12 10:12:21  
I might try later to see if I change a VPN to a JP server if the lag is better, latency in general will be longer, but if I dont get he packet issues then its worth it.
By Torzak 2021-02-12 10:58:51  
I can't imagine how a VPN fixes this problem. Are JP players on assorted servers not experiencing this issue? JP players on Asura the busiest server down to say Carbuncle or one of the other less trafficked servers?

From my previous post, the client is getting 2500 to 2900 on R because that's what the server is sending.

Someone who has knowledge of packets and the data therein could use something like Wireshark and see what all the data is or best guess of what it all is.

Is the server sending data to all the clients about what everyone in the zone is doing when it should only be sending you data for what you and your party is doing?

My client's R should never be pushing 2500 standing idle with no combat happening.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-12 11:04:43  
Manque said: »

Post link so we can invite that one and copy/paste it in their forums for exposure
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-12 11:13:40  
It's this thread, doggies posted about it too

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56533-%E3%82%AA%E3%83%87%E3%82%B7%E3%83%BC%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6%E3%80%802020%E5%B9%B43%E6%9C%88%E5%B0%8E%E5%85%A5/page38
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-02-12 11:15:36  
Might be this thread? https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56533-オデシーについて 2020年3月導入/page39
If you run last couple pages through google translate they're talking about our lag and even some of them are getting 1s of lag. If they ever team up with foreign players it's a problem that would affect JP as well, so I'm sure those that do would want the lag issues fixed also.
By SimonSes 2021-02-12 11:28:00  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
and even some of them are getting 1s of lag

Lol whole 1sec! It's like everyday ffxi for me :D i would love to see JP players experiencing lags I have in EU. That would be fun.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-12 11:31:31  
Me too, THEY would actually complain about it instead of just bending over and accepting it...

(There is some actual movement on the OF from the non-jp, thumbs up for once)
By RadialArcana 2021-02-12 18:14:03  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Not seeing much lag from this persons video, aside form 1 second or so when it pops a fetter.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-02-12 21:00:34  
Torzak said: »
I just did T1 Gogmagog without anyone else there to be a source of lag, & I noticed that my R was at 2500 to 2900 from the 15min mark of the countdown to the 11min mark standing there not engaged just doing self buffs on me & trusts. Then after engaged, that same 2500 to 2900 R continued.

As soon as I used my Moglophone II item to warp out after the fight was done, the very moment it completed being used/activated, the R went to 200 some before I was even fully warped out of the place.

I'm pretty sure they are sending us way more data in Odyssey than they should be and more than is realistic for this game to handle, and I have no clue what that data all could be.

I don't lag like this even when I pull every crab/fish in Dho Gates to aoe down.

See i think its an issue with the moogle in the lobby since this is the first time they have added something like this and the latency between any non JP to the server just makes it worse. Some code could be causing the invent to be loaded either stupidly slow or being loaded multiple times.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2021-02-12 21:50:27  
RadialArcana said: »

On the other it could just be some server routine starts under certain circumstances that sends / receives data and maybe it's starts 4-5 times due to a bug so you get 4-5 times the data being sent.

Does this lag only happen in gaol or does it happen in the previous areas too, are both areas in the same zone (just different parts of the map) or are they different zones (is there a specific search area for gaol). Tempted to try mod the zone file (or files, maybe 2 duplicate zones like with ambuscade) to remove some effects for people to test but I'm not sure how it all works since I haven't done much of odysesy at all.

It's definitely a network issue, not a graphical one. As per the OF post the client does indeed appear to have a limit of 3kb/sec that it processes (I had never heard of that so I looked into it a bit and it does appear to be correct), so ~2.5k-2.9k down + some trivial amount up is easily hitting that cap and bottlenecking people.

I see about 1.5~2k received in Sheol ABC and 2.5-2.8k in Gaol, for reference.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-12 23:15:15  
I get a solid 5-7sec latency, the load icon never stops loading even after 10min in the area.
By Manque 2021-02-13 01:07:03  

This is the one. People seem to be piling on the comments. Should have a response next week I’d bet.
By Torzak 2021-02-13 01:15:28  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
See i think its an issue with the moogle in the lobby since this is the first time they have added something like this and the latency between any non JP to the server just makes it worse. Some code could be causing the invent to be loaded either stupidly slow or being loaded multiple times.

I wondered about if the server is constantly telling the client an updated list of what jobs & trusts are locked out.

Also wondered if the server is sending data to the clients about what *all* people are doing in the zone, even though you're in a separate party and can't see them.

I thought about the gear loading, but on the two T1s I did specifically to look at Send & Receive, I noticed the bag loading icons did disappear after a couple minutes in the staging area, which I took as an indication that gear was done being loaded, but who knows.

In the video RadialArcana linked, their pre-fight-buff R(eceive) is around 1500 to 2000 for the most part. Mine was 2500 to 2900 before even calling trusts and as I called them, the delay started piling up, and then engaging the delay piled up more.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14