言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » Gaol: Unplayable content because of lag
Gaol: Unplayable content because of lag
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
By RadialArcana 2021-02-13 06:37:16  
On Asura you can often go into Mhaura or port jeuno and see your R go upto 3.5k, just from all the people.

It makes sense there, it doesn't make sense in content with so few though.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-13 06:43:51  
I went in yesterday evening for and did experience lag. Like it was indeed noticeable. But I was only have 1-2 second delays. It wasn't game breaking.

That being said, I only did A1 (Attonement 1) content. It's possible with the fetters of A3 that it will cause a lag fest.
 Asura.Wotasu
サーバ: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-13 08:24:41  
Odin.Senaki said: »
I went in yesterday evening for and did experience lag. Like it was indeed noticeable. But I was only have 1-2 second delays. It wasn't game breaking.

That being said, I only did A1 (Attonement 1) content. It's possible with the fetters of A3 that it will cause a lag fest.
My 5-7sec delays are on T1-2, I have yet to enter T3. I have 0 issues with Lilliths Fetters.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-13 08:30:26  
Is it not simply the fact that the RP bars are being monitored constantly (because they did something really dumb when programming these rp systems)

Someone mentioned that, it at least has merit. It's not like delve and abj. it's constantly scanning for "should I be awarding points yet" Just more than 20 year old equipment can handle.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-02-13 08:43:38  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Is it not simply the fact that the RP bars are being monitored constantly (because they did something really dumb when programming these rp systems)

It's entirely possible, but it doesn't really help to know unless we're right and SE is able to both listen and patch it based on that recommendation. The problem is originating on the server, so we can't do anything about it from this side. And, we have no way to confirm it ourselves.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-13 08:45:29  
Of course, it's just instead of infighting about graphics cards and servers and ram and settings and time of day and job you were on and all that ***, focus on square.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-02-13 08:46:30  
Said that pages ago, people can't read/comprehend. If you're getting 10+ fps, a 5 second lag isn't your pc.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-02-13 09:54:37  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »

My 5-7sec delays are on T1-2, I have yet to enter T3. I have 0 issues with Lilliths Fetters.

Guessing no lag like this in normal Walk of Echoes from Xca [s]?

I get near no lag at all in there, and im from the uk
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-13 10:02:58  
Nope normal WoE is lag free as well, even multiboxing, have yet to bring alts along for Gaol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Harribel
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Harribel 2021-02-13 10:21:34  
Yeah I've never had lag in WoE even during events with loads of people in there and multiboxing.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-02-13 10:24:08  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Ejin is running 4 characters in there with no lag.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-13 10:33:16  
made the mistake of taking RNG in solo to some Atonement 1 to compare shooting in there vs Dyna-D with a full alliance. Did everything I could think of on my end of things to help- no effects, no extraneous other programs running at the same time (browsers, spotify, etc). I have no clue if these had real effect on performance, but figured they couldn't hurt.

All this vs my typical Dyna-D arrangement of a browser window open, spotify, discord, etc all in the background.

In Dyna-D I can shoot with normal reactions almost all the time. I do run the directX proxy, not full DGvoodoo.

Solo in Atonement 1 I had so much lag between macro action and the shooting animation it became impossible to self-chain even with flurry2+doubleshot up...honestly something I've never encountered anywhere else in game- ever. I also experienced the lagging DoT damage that continued after exiting but I had no icon for a DoT, just dropping HP.

At least based on what I experienced in there, I cannot begin to imagine trying to attempt the highest levels of Vengeance and fighting not only the mob, but also this bad design. Its artificial difficulty based on poor execution of the concept by SE- not difficulty using the actual game.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-13 10:38:43  
Shouldn't it have something to do with the fact that they added a Moogle to the zone? They've never done that before and I would imagine the zone having to load several bags of inventory plus the monsters would be a problem.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-13 10:43:42  
The game already loads all the inventory anyway, since you have the ability to see what is in your various safes. It shouldn't affect it much if at all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-13 10:48:17  
That's true. I guess I was thinking there might be some additional strain from having an actual Moogle there that can change your job as well as allow access to your bags that would contribute to the lag. That's the only thing I can think of that makes Gaol different from any other zone in the game.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-13 10:54:18  
I had a serious issue in Dyna D with my other computer of similar spec to my main, I thought it was linked to the AMD cpu or a USB issue with the keyboard at the time.

My FPS wasn't dropping, it was just not performing actions when I pressed the macro and skipping to the end of the animation when it did (would try to cure, it would not do it and then 3-5 seconds when it did it would skip half way into the cure animation with my arm in the air). Sometimes my action didn't go off at all and I had to press the macro again.

I lessened it somewhat by turning off shadows, turning off weather, going into config > effects and turning lots of them to on, and also config > misc > pc armor to static so everyone was wearing level 1 armor. That made it at least playable.

Problem is, I didn't do Dyna D that much in an alliance so I don't know if these things actually helped or if the server issue wasn't happening on the second run.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-13 10:54:33  
My personal guess is that it's calculating how much RP an enemy will give (since it's based on HP remaining if you time out) extremely often instead of only when you actually get kicked out.

Like, for example, it could be doing something like this:

10 ms: NM will give 0 RP.
20 ms: Did it take damage? No. NM will give 0 RP.
30 ms: Did it take damage? Yes. NM updated to give 2 RP.
40 ms: Did it take damage? No. NM will give 2 RP.
50 ms: Did it take damage? Yes. NM updated to give 9 RP.

Doing that a hundred, thousand, or ten thousand times per second could add a lot to the zone's data load. It might even be updating your actual RP in real time even though you can't access it until you leave.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-02-13 11:28:59  
What a great system.

By Torzak 2021-02-13 13:57:01  
Asura.Wotasu said: »

I agree with this. The issues I'm seeing are on T1 & T2 so far - I haven't tried T3 yet. And I also have no issues with the Lillith fight, at all. And I did that on all difficulties with various people across several weeks.

Asura.Geriond said: »
The game already loads all the inventory anyway, since you have the ability to see what is in your various safes. It shouldn't affect it much if at all.

For me, first logging into the Game & into Mog House, R immediately starts around 200 for a second and then goes up to 800 while bags load. Once bags load, sitting idle in the Mog House S(end) is at 158/181 and R is at 114/130 with rare blips up to 160. It doesn't seem to me that the Moogle itself is worth a significant amount of received packets.

RadialArcana said: »
On Asura you can often go into Mhaura or port jeuno and see your R go upto 3.5k, just from all the people.

Zoning into Mhaura I saw a spike up to 3.2k. It was mostly around 2700, though. I casted Stoneskin while bags were loading and the spell's cast responded immediately with zero lag. With 25+ people in my frontal view, and after bags were done loading, R was around 500 to 900 for the most part sitting idle in Mhaura.

My personal guess is that it's calculating how much RP an enemy will give (since it's based on HP remaining if you time out) extremely often

This is probably our best guess at this point. Only two pieces of content in the game exhibit this kind of lag up to this point. DynaD & Odyssey, both of which use an RP system based on HP removed/Boss Kill.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-13 14:19:53  
I tried T3 just now, Camera got locked at spawn point which was fun since I was tank. Then latency fk us up royaly even more.
As is, no new equip for me and my group until this is fixed :/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-13 14:22:11  
A member of our party had that camera lock glitch happened in the boss area and I saw a comment on the OF mentioning that. I wonder if using xicamera unlocks it
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-02-13 16:15:23  
Log out/in fixes it, but it sucks if your party is already throwing up songs/rolls.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-02-13 16:40:50  
My personal guess is that it's calculating how much RP an enemy will give (since it's based on HP remaining if you time out) extremely often instead of only when you actually get kicked out.

Like, for example, it could be doing something like this:

10 ms: NM will give 0 RP.
20 ms: Did it take damage? No. NM will give 0 RP.
30 ms: Did it take damage? Yes. NM updated to give 2 RP.
40 ms: Did it take damage? No. NM will give 2 RP.
50 ms: Did it take damage? Yes. NM updated to give 9 RP.

Doing that a hundred, thousand, or ten thousand times per second could add a lot to the zone's data load. It might even be updating your actual RP in real time even though you can't access it until you leave.

You'd figure if that were the case it would only check the NM's HP when you get kicked out/leave.
By klayy 2021-02-13 16:54:52  
My lag in Gaol is usually playable like 2-3 seconds dely.. but during higher traffic times (NA primetime, weekends) its spiked up to 6-8 seconds and is literally unplayable. Was on DRG earlier, saw the wyvern was at 20% HP maybe hit spirit link.. 5-6 seconds later, wyvern died... and then spirit link goes off. Just terrible. Also my WHM alt, which literally never has MP issues over the course of 30-minute or even 2-hour events, was dry of MP within a few minutes. I had to lock in empy legs to try get around this. Frustrating but for now just gonna avoid NA primetime and weekends. I guess the tip about testing yourl atency in the lobby area is valid. Can at least leave and not lose a KI if it feels bad at that point. But yeah, trying to get recent "taking a break" people to get back into things and this really doesn't help those efforts.
 Ragnarok.Tylas
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tylas11
By Ragnarok.Tylas 2021-02-13 16:56:06  
Hai '_'/

I've been having the same lag issues in Gaol as a lot of people here it seems. After waiting for a month, hoping SE would do something I decided to investigate myself.
I wrote a simple addon that counts how often each type of packet is sent to the client. And I did notice that a certain packet is sent an awful lot of times.

Packet 170 seems to be the spell list, as seen in this packet dump.

Now why would SE send us the spell list over and over? Especially to a samurai, which was the job I used during testing. I'm just guessing here, but they do have that feature in Gaol where a trust you used disappears from the list. And a SAM does have trusts, which count as spells. Now maybe they were so smart that they update the list over and over instead of only sending it when something actually changes.

Another interesting observation was that when you open the boss selection menu in the Gaol lobby, the lag disappears and gear/inventory loads fast. You can also see that the R count at the top right of the screen drops to 300ish from the usual 3000 cap you get in Gaol. And I didn't count any packet 170s while in the menu. Coincidence? I think not.

To be sure this isn't just normal behavior I ran a count inside Ambuscade and never got the 170 packet. Upon zoning it was sent a few times, which would be expected to load the spell list at that point.

So does anyone have a smart idea how to send this info to SE without getting a ban? Cause admitting to use addons is a big no-no to them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-13 17:08:51  
Quote:
Now why would SE send us the spell list over and over?

Just to hazard a guess, but every job can use trust magic. Could they simply be keeping your client informed of what trusts you have available to summon and which ones are on cooldown? I don't know how they have the server-client communications coded, but shouldn't it be a normal procedure to let the client know when job abilities and spell cooldowns are ready for use?

I could be completely off base here, but that's one reason for the server to communicate a spell list to your client to keep it in sync.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-13 17:13:20  
Could be related to the no-repeat usage of trusts in subsequent runs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-13 17:25:42  
It's because you can call trust mid battle, and they have to keep telling your client you can't call one that was already called.

Seems fair enough.

Easy fix, drop that *** can't recall the same trust. it's dumb anyway.

As far as: how to without ban, it's actually impossible, just let someone who has more than one account eat the ban. It's only a forum ban anyway, 2boxes don't need forum access.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-13 17:31:24  
The problem is, not everyone gets this lag so it can't be as simple as a bad mechanic. Something is going wrong for some people.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-13 17:34:20  
Something that only a few people enable that sends a lot of data about your whole parties buffs / debuffs is /statusparty.

I doubt it's enough to cause this amount of lag but it's possible?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14