フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » Gaol: Unplayable content because of lag
Gaol: Unplayable content because of lag
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-20 11:40:28  
Any packet meddling would have to be after the client has already seen the packet arrive (because the client has to be able to see and identify the packet before anything could be done with it), so it wouldn't affect any lag due to said packet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-20 12:09:37  
From the few rare reports we've gotten, the problems seem to be much more minor in Japan.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-20 12:16:46  
It's also why they're taking their sweet time fixing it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Popeh
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Popeh
By Bahamut.Popeh 2021-02-24 17:37:03  
I'm genuinely baffled they're still releasing new parts for Gaol while it is in the state it is in.

If you bought any new game nowadays and had this level of horrific lag, you'd uninstall it, get a refund and never touch it again.

In addition to the lag (can you even call it lag?) had issues with a stuck camera, my char running off as a separate entity then disappearing. Talk about blind distance healing. 90% of the time the temp item to leave after also never loads up.

#fixyourshitsquare
[+]
By Bongarippa 2021-02-24 17:39:51  
Bahamut.Popeh said: »
I'm genuinely baffled they're still releasing new parts for Gaol while it is in the state it is in.

If you bought any new game nowadays and had this level of horrific lag, you'd uninstall it, get a refund and never touch it again.

In addition to the lag (can you even call it lag?) had issues with a stuck camera, my char running off as a separate entity then disappearing. Talk about blind distance healing. 90% of the time the temp item to leave after also never loads up.

#fixyourshitsquare

I knew the lag was an issue with most people, but I thought I was the only one to experience the rest of this ***lol.
 Bahamut.Popeh
user: Popeh
By Bahamut.Popeh 2021-02-24 17:50:57  
I have visions of the development team releasing new sections/tiers, all the while having their fingers in their ears while chanting 'trah lah lah lahh lahh' when getting told about major current issues.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-24 17:52:42  
More like, they literally don't even know. No one tells them and they don't, ya know, play the game.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-02-24 18:02:58  
Bahamut.Popeh said: »

I had this camera bug too, pretty funny tbh.
Based on what people have told me, I'm almost convinced people in EU have more severe lag than people in NA. My average lag/delay on spells/JAs is 7s with highest being 10-12 and lowest i've ever had was 5s delay.
The average speed in which my inventory loads up is around 4 minutes, longest I've had it was 6 minutes.

I highly doubt ping affects this due to the fact my ping to JP servers is on average 170ms, which is better than most in NA side and yet I get worse lag. If it's not a ping issue, I'm unsure what it could be, but everyone I know/heard of having severe lag has been from EU moreso NA.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-24 18:53:51  
Those updates to Odyssey have to be an adjustment to segments, RP, and moglophone acquisition process.
By Narii 2021-02-24 19:07:06  
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57873-How-to-Report-Lag-in-Sheol-Gaol?p=634342#post634342
[+]
By Manque 2021-02-24 19:14:44  

Yes, Community Rep replied on the official forums asking people to submit reports via the Support Center and to provide ping and trace route info.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57873-How-to-Report-Lag-in-Sheol-Gaol

How to Report Lag in Sheol: Gaol
Greetings and salutations adventurers!

Thank you for all the feedback regarding the latency in Sheol: Gaol thus far.

In order for us to investigate the issue as effectively as possible, we would like to request players experiencing latency issues in Sheol: Gaol to submit a report through our Support Center form.

How to submit a report:
Please proceed to your account region’s Support Center page.
- North American Support Center
- European Support Centre

Please be sure to provide as much details as possible.

The ping and trace route information may help give us more insight to the issue so please follow the steps below to learn how to generate those records.

How to generate Ping and Trace Route records:

Open the Command Prompt or PowerShell.
Command Prompt (Windows 7, 8, 10)
To start Command Prompt, press the Windows key + R key to open the run program window, then type in “cmd” and click the OK button.

PowerShell (Windows 10)
To start PowerShell, press the Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell from the menu.

How to run a Ping:
Inside the Command Prompt/PowerShell window type the following and hit the Enter key:
ping 124.150.154.122
How to run a Trace Route (tracert):
Inside the Command Prompt/PowerShell window type the following and hit the Enter key:
tracert 124.150.154.122

Please copy and paste the result of your ping and trace route into the Ping/Trace Route Information section of the support form.

We appreciate your assistance and continued support.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-24 19:20:44  
Trashcan rep actually doing her job, better late than never, I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-24 19:22:58  
I couldn't even fill out that form; even with every box filled out it still gives me an error saying not all the required boxes were filled.

It's hard to get bugs fixed if your bug submit function is broken.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-24 19:24:52  
Community rep Danielle, please tell me they are planning on addressing this...
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-24 19:42:38  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Those updates to Odyssey have to be an adjustment to segments, RP, and moglophone acquisition process.

I'd like a 'confirmation' when picking the NM in Sheol too. Or at least divide the NMs between attonement level so I don't accidentally pick the wrong NM.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-02-24 20:11:48  
Asura.Geriond said: »
I couldn't even fill out that form; even with every box filled out it still gives me an error saying not all the required boxes were filled.

Seconded for unable to fill out the form. I get the same error of not all boxes being filled when, of course, they are.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-02-24 20:12:39  

I'm sure it's probably just lag.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-24 20:16:39  
I mean, of course the ability to report is broken. They can't have people actually submitting complaints, how silly would that be.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-24 20:27:20  
The irony and paradoxical nature of that request form not working properly sums up perfectly the NA community response and their interest in our needs as a whole.

Gaol is a god awful grind, can't afford to waste segments.
But Gaol is unplayable due to lag.
Players complain about lag
Community rep (aka someone to take all this blame for SE's incompetence) posts process to help address lag issues for NA community
Process to address lag issues doesn't work due to site problems

The also haven't fixed DT value on Sakpata legs. God knows how many other pieces of gear say a stat that literally does nothing, or something else entirely.

HEY THIS NEW WSD+5% PIECE ACTUALLY GIVES REWARD POTENCY +5 OUR BAD, SORRY IT TOOK 6 MONTHS TO NOTICE
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-02-24 20:41:07  
Lordy lordy, for the sake of getting back to gaming XI inarch, hope my six pack isn't flooded out!
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-02-24 21:11:24  

Omg that is HILARIOUS LOL
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-24 21:34:58  
Zhexos said:
Greetings Ollarud,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We looked over the form and believe it should be working now. I'm sorry for the trouble but can we ask you to please try submitting the report again?

Thank you!
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-02-24 22:05:44  
submitted ok, did my part!
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-02-25 01:28:49  
Submitted a report, hoping it gets fixed.
edit:
Quote:
Pinging 124.150.154.122 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 124.150.154.122: bytes=32 time=205ms TTL=48
Request timed out.
Reply from 124.150.154.122: bytes=32 time=207ms TTL=48
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 124.150.154.122:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 205ms, Maximum = 207ms, Average = 206ms
50% loss, that's probably bad right?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-25 02:46:21  
It seems my packets get routed from Italy to France then to US then finally to Japan.
Waaaaaaa

That's quite a long trip lmao
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-25 02:48:44  
Same, report submitted.
Mine goes from Sweden via London then Japan.
Did the ping/traceroute while inside Gaol with icons loading, still got the same 230ms, no packet lost.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-25 06:44:18  
Quote:

That's not hilarious, it's stupid. It means whoever designed the form didn't even test it for functionality. It's literally just a matter of entering a test record and clicking submit. How much testing do they actually do anymore?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-25 06:45:51  
I mean, really, really you should know to not even expect the bare minimums.

Ugh. The last post on a page. What a *** waste.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14