I've Been Spamming Lilith For Over A Year.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » I've been spamming Lilith for over a year.
I've been spamming Lilith for over a year.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-03 12:53:58  
Mattelot said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Mattelot said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
"BUT THEY'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT!!!"

They should get the memo that we're way beyond that at this point. Very little is done the way it was originally intended.

I always found that hilarious back in the day. Devs threw a tantrum because the players weren't killing AV "correctly"

A wins a win

AV was never intended to be killed, didn't they even say as much in an interview?

No, that would be silly. Why make something thats not intended to be killed? Just don't release it. It wasn't meant to be wall-cheated.

The sleeper on Everquest was designed to be unkillable.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-03 13:03:01  
History of AV:

The very first win happened when AV glitched and stopped using any TP moves, SPs, or magic at all, which made him easy prey to slowly grind down. This was the one that dropped nothing but a couple of crystals.

Soon after that, the Wall of Justice trick (where they got him stuck on a boundary between the northern and southern parts of Al'Taieu, making him easy prey for nuking him down) was found and got some linkshells a number of kills, but SE came down hard on them and banned a lot of people over it.

After that, there were a few kills via an alliance full of Apocalypse and Kraken SEBW DRKs (Apoc because total haste wasn't capped yet, so Apoc DRKs could get like 93% haste or something). SE quickly countered this by giving AV a resistance to Souleater, but did not hand out any bans for it because it wasn't abusing a glitch.

AV stopped being killed at that point for quite a while. In the meantime, after news about that 18 hour long Pandemonium Warden that made people sick started going around, SE adjusted AV to have about 1/3 his original HP, but despawns after 2 hours.

This continued until WotG had been out for a while. At this point, the Modus Veritas technique was discovered (put a good Helix on AV, then time 6-10 SCHs using Modus Veritas so it does exponential damage and kills in a single tic). This got a couple kills, but SE responded by nerfing Modus Veritas directly with a chance to fail, which is still in effect to this day.

After this, AV was unkilled again until SE started raising the level caps. I believe it was 85 or 90 cap when groups started seeing success with pure zergs, but I don't remember exactly.

AV WAS originally intended to be killed normally, but it was supposed to be done using the weird SP-sealing mechanic that was not discovered until long after we could just zerg it down. Said mechanic's timing was ridiculously precise anyway, and in an era where stuff like React and Battlemod wasn't commonplace, was nearly impossible to pull off (JPs might have had an easier time due to less latency? Not sure).
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-03 13:05:56  
Wasn't there also an exploit that involved getting hate on a person in the middle of a CS? I was literally just thinking of that earlier today.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-03 13:45:40  
Asura.Geriond said: »

AV WAS originally intended to be killed normally, but it was supposed to be done using the weird SP-sealing mechanic that was not discovered until long after we could just zerg it down. Said mechanic's timing was ridiculously precise anyway, and in an era where stuff like React and Battlemod wasn't commonplace, was nearly impossible to pull off (JPs might have had an easier time due to less latency? Not sure).

Especially because the abilities were all the 2hour abilities when they were actually still on 2hr timers...so it was SE essentially telling us to bring 1 of EVERY JOB and you got ONE SHOT to actually use the proper /ja with the 2hr cap on the fight that was introduced. And that silly video where they zoomed in on the chatlog.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2020-10-03 15:14:04  
Asura.Memes said: »
I thought this thread was for crying about Lilith

FFXI tears need memories of other tears.
[+]
By Taint 2020-10-03 21:27:17  
DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bitching threads do make dreams come true!
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2020-10-03 21:48:51  
Fel did it for the longest time over Volte Haubert and it seemed to have paid off! Congrats again!
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-10-03 21:52:42  
Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
Fel did it for the longest time over Volte Haubert and it seemed to have paid off! Congrats again!

It was about 3 months of doing dyna-windy....and it completely killed my drive to do any Dynamis after that. I enjoyed it and had a lot of fun farming volte pieces ....but what else is there now? :/

Congrats Taint! Welcome to the REAL End Game ....idling in Mhaura with your new gear. :)
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-10-04 08:10:03  
Took me and my friend 350 Easy kills to get 9/9 on both characters, plus the odd repeat drop for people who would tag along every now and then. We'd do 7 per night then we slowed down to 3-4 per night once the burnout started settling in.

I can't fathom doing 1200+... a trip to Lourdes might be in order.

EDIT: no thf, but I had TH4 in my Provoke set.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-04 08:59:45  
Felgarr said: »
Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »

It was about 3 months of doing dyna-windy....and it completely killed my drive to do any Dynamis after that. I enjoyed it and had a lot of fun farming volte pieces ....but what else is there now? :/

Congrats Taint! Welcome to the REAL End Game ....idling in Mhaura with your new gear. :)

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it"
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-10-04 09:15:51  
Asura.Memes said: »
With TH8+?

No, TH4 in my Provoke set (white rarab hat, chaac belt, valorous mail with th+2)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
By Ahbon 2020-11-30 00:15:00  
It's take me and my wife more than 3 month to get the whole set completed on very easy and easy duo with my wife but we don't kill her everyday like others , we always do it when we free as the drop is not high on VE and E .
By Ahbon 2020-11-30 00:18:47  
i too haven seen Daybreak drop in my fight on VE and E ... but my wife solo her at VE drop the drop rate is really tough need very goodlucks .
By Rips 2020-11-30 02:35:54  
I'll add my two cents since I just started this less than 48 hours ago.

Been doing VE on THF/DRG for increased WSD from DRG. Tauret/Aeneas spamming Evi. It's *Very* easy. Did 5 runs - no drops.

Tried a couple E. Died at 10% each time but that was due to poor positioning and not paying close enough attention to the charm gaze / August losing hate. With overcoming the learning curve and trying out trusts, I'm sure I can do it. My trusts were August/Selt'heus/Koru-moru/Yoran/Ajido. I tried squeezing in my new Ygnas trust out of excitement (which isn't that overwhelming for BCNM's I'm finding) in place of Koru-Moru but it was a stupid decision.

Did 4 E's tonight and won on my Idris Geo with a RUN friend. I was /THF for the additional TH + Chaac Belt and White Rarab Cap by attaching it to a gearswap command for Aero. The pole dropped and he took it for his BLM.

If anyone has a group that's attempting this I have a well geared I.Geo to offer.

Edit: But as others have said and from the research I've seen, yes, VD and killing sprite wardens opens up the drop slots and this is the quickest route if you have a job and group for it.
By ElysiumTK 2020-11-30 08:59:20  
5/5 on 69 runs on Very Easy.. It's all luck Don't think about it just grind. Good luck
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-30 12:40:12  
Didnt you forget to type a zero after 69?
[+]
By ElysiumTK 2020-11-30 13:59:25  
Pantafernando said: »
Didnt you forget to type a zero after 69?

Nope, I Killed her 69 times and 5/5. that was for my set~ a friend of mine we went 2/7 first time killing her. all VE It's really luck... When i could i get TH9 if not I just killed her. THF/DNC
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-11-30 15:57:03  
Here's my guide for those who may be struggling to win consistently while building up Treasure Hunter.

- I do this on /RUN because I find that going on other subs can go south quickly if there's too much healing involved. This way I can melee her down and not have to worry about weaponskilling, unless the tank dies.. but it's rare.

- The benefit of Rune Fencer subjob is the Lux Runes (keep two active at all times) combined with Vallation & Pflug. There's also Swordplay which increases accuracy and evasion. Combine with Conspirator, and you'll get a nice boost in accuracy.

- You might be worried you can't heal or erase yourself. This shouldn't be an issue if you have access to two White Mage trusts (I use Yoran-Oran+Monberaux). Also, you can use Miso Ramen to help mitigate damage. Accuracy should never be an issue, so don't waste Sublime Sushi on this.

- You want the Lux Runes on before you engage. Pop Feint too. Flee just past her with your weapons drawn, then turn around so your tank can grab her. My trust combination is Amchuchu, Selh'teus, Koru-Moru, Monberaux and Yoran. I use Amchuchu because she is better at absorbing magic damage and rarely weaponskills. Trick Attack Amchuchu as much as possible. You're hitting Lilith with Feint right away, so Bully+SA+TA is a good way to start as you're pretty much guaranteed TH effectiveness 9.

- Beware of knockback, not just for yourself, but the way your White Mages position themselves. You want to be near the gyves Lilith spawns, but not near those on the outer edges. If stood close to them, these gyves will kill your trusts with a massive damage tick and cause huge problems. You can also get bound next to them and get yourself killed, so never let Lilith knock you back toward them.

- I find the most dangerous part is in the last 15%. If you're like me you have been battling a while trying to get TH up. It's around this time your trusts Protect/Shell can wear off, and they don't always reapply straight away. If your tank dies, go in to full defensive mode! Put your Treasure Hunter hands on (with Perfect Dodge augment) if they aren't already, and pop your 1 hour. Do Evisceration and finish her off. If your PD falls, use a magic damage taken set and keep on TPing for more Evisceration. At this point, it's a race against time. Don't panic and keep yourself in her range so you can get TP.

- Inevitably, sometimes you get unlucky and lose a trust or two early in the fight. Change your mindset and focus on weaponskilling, but beware of skillchains. Do not use Rudras Storm, because it's not beating Evis in this situation and is slower. Make a proper weaponskill set and don't use Evis in your TP set.

I know some will say doing it this way is overkill, but trust me... I've experimented with different ways and I find the /run way to be virtually drama free. Do it anyway you like, just know that if someone is struggling than this might help them to consistently get over the finish line. Cheers.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-11-30 16:40:03  
Not to just be contrary, but I thought I read that her damage pierces magic defense bonus? Specifically regarding the use of miso ramen for +mdb
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-11-30 16:47:21  
You spend over 30mins in there trying to stack TH?

Edit: never mind you using Monberaux
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-11-30 16:54:18  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Not to just be contrary, but I thought I read that her damage pierces magic defense bonus? Specifically regarding the use of miso ramen for +mdb
This would be pretty easy to test via geo fend/fade.
 Odin.Demhar
サーバ: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2020-11-30 23:41:55  
4/5 still no body...
 Odin.Demhar
サーバ: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2020-12-15 00:05:11  
... Treasure Hunter [0] on VE and the body dropped today after a year of 4/5... 5/5 finally! I am so over with this HTB...
[+]