It's That Time Again!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 35 36 37
By Jetackuu 2020-10-06 10:22:43  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Meekriot said: »
They could have seen his streams or YouTube content. I mean, he's arguably one of the most popular content creators for FFXI.
lol but he's never made content ..

lol but you've never made content on ffxiah
Nobody has ever claimed I did.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-10-06 11:31:10  
I can't believe people still confuse content creation with streaming.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-10-06 11:34:19  
can confirm there is little to no evidence that SE does anything with VPN/IP addresses.

the little evidence there is is likely people lying or scapegoating (like ejiin)
By RadialArcana 2020-10-06 12:21:47  
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/using-a-vpn-and-playing-wow/89360
By Mattelot 2020-10-06 12:29:15  

I wouldn't invest too much into any blue who says "Rufflebottom is correct" when Rufflebottom is a well known forum troll. He lives in the customer support forum, attacks anybody who isn't part of the "I <3 Blizzard" crowd and was called out a few times for liking his own posts with his alts, trying to increase his notoriety.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-06 12:36:42  
Mattelot said: »
I wouldn't invest too much into any blue who says "Rufflebottom is correct" when Rufflebottom is a well known forum troll.
Sounds like he has....Ruffled some Bottoms.

/cymbalsound.mp3
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-10-06 12:47:59  
Oh stahp it...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
By SkyFrog 2020-11-26 13:06:05  
Asura.Arico said: »
Felgarr said: »

I didn't put two-and-two together at first, but I imagine his twitch streams, which had raffles, giveaways and attempts to convert Twitch subscription/actions to in-game help (HTBF help, 5/5 Malignance farming, etc) ....could be construed by SE as "RMT".

The gil raffles are suspicious, but honestly I think he'd get banned for RMT like Pwnsalot if that was the reason. I doubt the malignance stuff would be considered rmt. He doesn't get money for them.

Pwnsabot got banned for RMT? ?‍?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2020-11-26 13:49:18  
After he stole Shoibird's account years ago from his then girlfriend and threw his 3 inch ego in everyone's face for years, a man of such character being banned for RMT wouldn't surprise me and I would gladly pour a drink of thanks on this Thanksgiving if Vana'diel is that much safer upon confirmation of such news.
By SkyFrog 2020-11-26 19:26:34  
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
After he stole Shoibird's account years ago from his then girlfriend and threw his 3 inch ego in everyone's face for years, a man of such character being banned for RMT wouldn't surprise me and I would gladly pour a drink of thanks on this Thanksgiving if Vana'diel is that much safer upon confirmation of such news.

I've never liked the guy. He's always had some personality disorder that (figurative) rubbed me the wrong way.

Here's some of his glory:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Draylo 2020-11-26 20:27:52  
You really took the time to put that together to show someone cheats in XI? I mean..
[+]
By Rips 2020-11-26 20:50:18  
Is this the same guy that made a video yelling at people about the duping?
By SkyFrog 2020-11-26 21:10:11  
Rips said: »
Is this the same guy that made a video yelling at people about the duping?

I sort of recall Pwnsabot having some sort of video like that, yes.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2021-01-06 10:03:49  
All 7 characters got hit this morning, including the bank character that only uses Windower/GM Flag/Gearswap. I guess maybe they'll flag you as guilty by association for your IP and/or payment details. The rest of them were basically on fulltime 200% movement speed outside of town so not exactly a surprise.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-06 10:11:46  
Still standing

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-06 10:25:07  
This is LITERALLY why I didn't pay up yesterday. It would've been a PR NIGHTMARE to ban during free play. But immediately after is free game.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-06 10:29:32  
That's how people be getting got. Free Campaign. Enjoy your stay. Resub when it expires. Get hit. LOL that is the ultimate SE eff you. so disprespectful
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-06 10:43:00  
They are the kings of ban you the day you pay your sub. Mother ***. I've been charging that ***back though now. I paid for the month and don't get it, square never disputes it. (Maybe because of covid, never tried before 2020)
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-01-06 10:50:05  
don't think they'd ever fight a chargeback, not sure the ramifications of doing that are to your credit score or just some sort of internal system that paypal/credit cards/your bank use to detect fraud tho.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-06 10:52:59  
PayPal, Bit it's pretty straight forward, pay for a service and then don't get that service you are 100% in the right to charge it back. They bank on you not bothering though.

It's not like you can get double banned. Nothing to lose. (If you have 14 on the same account maybe but that's not a concern)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-06 11:17:07  
Asura.Tsm said: »
don't think they'd ever fight a chargeback, not sure the ramifications of doing that are to your credit score or just some sort of internal system that paypal/credit cards/your bank use to detect fraud tho.

Nothing to do with your credit score. PayPal is notorious for not giving a ***about refunding <100$. They hit the button with next to no investigating. People buy stuff on Etsy/eBay and charge back before the item ever gets to their house, PayPal is numb to a couple bucks.

That is kinda shady to ban someone upon resub. I get that SE can ban you for anything at anytime, but paying for services is still paying for services. If you don't get what you paid for, regardless of what they decide to do in game, you get your money back. That's how most normal businesses work. SE must not care to dispute them, for whatever reason.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-06 11:18:12  
Asura.Tsm said: »
Chargebacks don't affect anyone's credit scores. FYI.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-06 11:52:24  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
SE must not care to dispute them, for whatever reason.
Their accounting department don't care. I honestly don't think their management even realizes the chargebacks.

Then again, when you have services in multiple countries with different currencies, you are most likely never going to notice any chargebacks issued, and would write them off as fluctuation in currency prices.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-01-06 12:16:22  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
SE must not care to dispute them, for whatever reason.
Their accounting department don't care. I honestly don't think their management even realizes the chargebacks.

Then again, when you have services in multiple countries with different currencies, you are most likely never going to notice any chargebacks issued, and would write them off as fluctuation in currency prices.

They do but not as much as people think. Big businesses tend to suffer from frauds and scams and angry customers periodically so they expect a certain amount chargebacks and even out right thief.

It's only when the number of chargebacks or complaints reach a certain level that credit companies and banks safeties will kick in and suspend the monetary transactions of the company. In smaller businesses they will even close the bank account. That's when SE have to act.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-06 12:45:44  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
Big businesses tend to suffer from frauds and scams and angry customers periodically so they expect a certain amount chargebacks and even out right thief.
Yeah, they have special accounts for that. It's generally called "Customer Retention" or something similar, and, going by SE's business structure (assuming, since I don't work there and I can only guess at this), it would be going against customer receivables. More likely around .5% of monthly income from subscriptions.

It's also just as likely that the chargebacks are being treated as rounding errors to the conversion of currency, as I highly doubt SE has a super-large accounting department (they don't seem to be the type of company that would have multiple location accounting departments going by their annual reports). It might be a question by their auditors, but this isn't something to even mention on the audit report.

Leviathan.Andret said: »
It's only when the number of chargebacks or complaints reach a certain level that credit companies and banks safeties will kick in and suspend the monetary transactions of the company. In smaller businesses they will even close the bank account. That's when SE have to act.
It's more difficult for multinationals like SE. I don't know, and I don't think anyone here knows what Paypal's procedure is for chargebacks for large multinationals like SE.
By Mattelot 2021-01-06 13:01:47  
Cpu said: »
All 7 characters got hit this morning, including the bank character that only uses Windower/GM Flag/Gearswap. I guess maybe they'll flag you as guilty by association for your IP and/or payment details. The rest of them were basically on fulltime 200% movement speed outside of town so not exactly a surprise.

I don't think they'll ban for association. They will ban the account itself in which the violation took place.

Companies make mistakes.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-01-06 13:16:38  
they definitely ban by association if they investigate. 100%
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-01-06 13:36:18  
That doesn't even make sense. Accountability by association is idiotic and I while many employees of their company are incompetent, I doubt they would allow idiots to take direct action over customers.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-06 13:38:11  
It's a big "open ended" topic.

If someone reported 6 bots, and they actually looked and saw it was 5 bots and one legit afk... sometimes******** the afk person gets got too.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 35 36 37