First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17
 Asura.Dakrone
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dakrone 2020-06-03 22:26:45  
Jdove said: »
Asura.Dakrone said: »
Jdove said: »
i heard people are able to make gain exp active 24/7 thru hacks too if this is the case then this was absolutely needed

I think you've been hearing too many things and are probably too gullible , but let me tell you something i've been hearing people are able to exploit and make it free-login campaign active every month also for their SE services!!
i think you are just naive is it possible to post anything without someone being a stupid ***?

Should really consider whose really "naive" here, since you tend to believe most things you "hear." Not trying to be an "***" or so you deem it. I was just testing the water to see how gullible you are.
By Chimerawizard 2020-06-03 22:31:25  
Phoenix.Jakarai said: »
Cpu said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
this will do little to curb RMTs and is going to harm more of the casual playerbase than anything else - Gil is largely not being removed from circulation because we do not use vendors for much of anything - money is generated and primarily enters the Auction House where the majority will continue to circulate. further, this does not address the elephant in the room that those who benefited from medal duping, intentional crafting crashes to ensure HQ, etc. as these folks are mostly still playing. if anything, this will push the more casual players into the waiting arms of RMT. enter code NotAddressingTheProblem for 20% bonus
We use vendors a ton for end-game gear. Relic upgrades, SU3 gear, etc., all require crafting ingredients that cost ~1.1mil from vendors. For example: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cypress_Lumber.

I don't know what will or won't stop "RMTs". RMT just means real-money-trade, i.e. spending USD to acquire gil. If the most efficient method for an RMT vendor right now is botting sparks and accolades, and they're not able to immediately transition into a new model, then this change will have a huge impact on their ability to generate and sell gil. If they choose a new model that includes farming other limited resources e.g. alexandrite and heavy metal plates, then they'll still stop contributing to rapid inflation and instead improve the availability of high-demand resources.

Even if we took real money trade vendors out of the equation entirely, I would still want to stop people from farming 10 million gil out of thin air during every gain exp campaign window.
I'm not sure how spending 4 hours of your time farming then npcing the results is producing gil out of thin air. What other methods do you suggest to farm gil? I'll give you a hint, there are none.
How was gil farmed before sparks & accolades then?
Best methods aside from gain xp are selling the materials from dyna D, delve, vagary, odyssey, etc. However these methods of farming gil do not result in the creation of gil, merely its circulation into your hands.
Previous methods of creating gil were fishing, cruor (blinkers), and npc'ing various garbage too cheap to bother putting on AH.
 Phoenix.Jakarai
サーバ: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-06-03 23:16:48  
Chimerawizard said: »
Phoenix.Jakarai said: »
Cpu said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
this will do little to curb RMTs and is going to harm more of the casual playerbase than anything else - Gil is largely not being removed from circulation because we do not use vendors for much of anything - money is generated and primarily enters the Auction House where the majority will continue to circulate. further, this does not address the elephant in the room that those who benefited from medal duping, intentional crafting crashes to ensure HQ, etc. as these folks are mostly still playing. if anything, this will push the more casual players into the waiting arms of RMT. enter code NotAddressingTheProblem for 20% bonus
We use vendors a ton for end-game gear. Relic upgrades, SU3 gear, etc., all require crafting ingredients that cost ~1.1mil from vendors. For example: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cypress_Lumber.

I don't know what will or won't stop "RMTs". RMT just means real-money-trade, i.e. spending USD to acquire gil. If the most efficient method for an RMT vendor right now is botting sparks and accolades, and they're not able to immediately transition into a new model, then this change will have a huge impact on their ability to generate and sell gil. If they choose a new model that includes farming other limited resources e.g. alexandrite and heavy metal plates, then they'll still stop contributing to rapid inflation and instead improve the availability of high-demand resources.

Even if we took real money trade vendors out of the equation entirely, I would still want to stop people from farming 10 million gil out of thin air during every gain exp campaign window.
I'm not sure how spending 4 hours of your time farming then npcing the results is producing gil out of thin air. What other methods do you suggest to farm gil? I'll give you a hint, there are none.
How was gil farmed before sparks & accolades then?
Best methods aside from gain xp are selling the materials from dyna D, delve, vagary, odyssey, etc. However these methods of farming gil do not result in the creation of gil, merely its circulation into your hands.
Previous methods of creating gil were fishing, cruor (blinkers), and npc'ing various garbage too cheap to bother putting on AH.

My whole thing with selling materials for gil is that it is counter productive when it takes so many materials to upgrade armor/weapons. There's 22 jobs in this game, I don't have fully upgraded gear/rema for any of them. All those areas you just named are areas you farm to upgrade gear/rema. So if I am not selling these mats for gil where do I get gil from to buy armor out of the ah?

I am not sure why anyone is behind them nerfing the only method to create gil in this game. I just don't understand it.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-06-03 23:25:34  
If mats aren't being sold, where will I get the materials to make your armor?
 Phoenix.Jakarai
サーバ: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-06-03 23:38:29  
If mats aren't being sold, where will I get the materials to make your armor?

You farm them just like I did lol.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Seun 2020-06-04 02:38:13  
For years now we have been able to make tens of millions of gil per week for little effort. Current generation gamers were still complaining about the grind and still buying gil and items like mad.

I'm struggling to rationalize how this change does anything else but make it easier for RMT...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-06-04 03:00:15  
it entirely depends on where they put the cap if it will only be a annoyance for bot users and RMT or if it will interfere with regular players.
if they make the cap for example per month and its generously so that you could attend for instance 1~2 full gain-exp RoEs befor capping it probably wouldn't disrupt most legit players cause they'll burn out quickly.
it will prevent legit power farmers who choose to attend as many gain-exps as they can for a week or two but there aren't many of those cause they usually end their farming spree with /slitwrist.

however if the cap is reachable by legit players and they do so early on in the cap cycle they'll lose out on all the sparks/accolades ppl used to gain on the side by just playing the game.
this in turn could lead to ppl selectively avoid farming early in the cycle and therefore to congestion of all the good camps late into the cap cycle.
By SimonSes 2020-06-04 03:18:29  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Let me NPC Lustreless scales for 100k each and I am happy because we have some inflation and Odyssey is pretty fun.

You meant 10k right? I can make like 1000 scales a day if I would care enough. 100M gils per day would be fun XD There are people out there that can probably make 2000 or 3000 having more accounts than me ( I "only" 3 box) :P
By Felgarr 2020-06-04 03:28:37  
I'm expecting the 99k Accolades/Sparks to be exchanged once per RL week per character.

The game has a few Gil sinks we all know about, but what sources can even come close to replacing sparks items for NPCables?
By Draylo 2020-06-04 03:29:56  
You also get Gil created via certain ROEs, direct mob drops, chest drops (AMAN) and other ways etc. They know what they are doing I'd hope because there are ways to create gil, we need more ways to remove it like the AF mats but I would assume they will continue that with AF3.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-06-04 04:03:15  
kreek said: »
Felgarr said: »
I'm expecting the 99k Accolades/Sparks to be exchanged once per RL week per character.

The game has a few Gil sinks we all know about, but what sources can even come close to replacing sparks items for NPCables?
I expect once per day.
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Daily reset JP standard time, a la Domain Invasion cap.

Quote:
We are placing a weekly cap on the amount of points that can be exchanged
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-04 04:12:44  
It's 100% going to be 99k cap per week, per character. it's the most obvious and easy method to create a cap and that's exactly how they will do it.

Botters will just cap out an account with characters and swap between them 2-3 times a day, which is probably the intention.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 04:59:45  
my guess would be 2x99 week.

Because thats the minimum you need to purchase 10 ch(1-5) + 8 ch(6-10) solely with sparks.

So, in theory the cap is that you can reforge one piece weekly without resorting HTBF or orbs, which should be the case for very new players.

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2020-06-04 05:52:35  
I'd guess 10x or 999,990~1m
unknown unit of measurement
per week.
I'd prefer 25x, as it'd allow a full sparks + accolades gain xp + a 2nd gain xp of mostly sparks only. (double accolades campaign should also be set to double the weekly cap as well)

This reduces quantity enough to stop 3x full gain xp by certain groups each week, so it's easier for casual players to find a camp during their easiest time slot. Also reduces the gil/hour the rest of the time from certain bots. This should leave gil creation high enough to only slowly reduce the gil supply instead of creating a massive shift.
By Mattelot 2020-06-04 06:02:20  
RadialArcana said: »
It's 100% going to be 99k cap per week, per character. it's the most obvious and easy method to create a cap and that's exactly how they will do it.

Botters will just cap out an account with characters and swap between them 2-3 times a day, which is probably the intention.

If that's how it is, it won't do anything to RMT since they'll just cycle characters. It will just screw average players such as myself who don't bot and manually farm these. That comes to little over 2M per week for sparks and accolades. I guess that's fine as long as the price of most things bottoms out.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-04 06:36:39  
I'd guess 10x or 999,990~1m per week.
That would be 20mil a week.

99k Sparks or accolades is worth a flat mil.
By SimonSes 2020-06-04 06:39:03  
You say its easy to make 1$ mules on account, but if you make 15 mules and then that account got banned then rebuilding it would be a pain no?
By Chimerawizard 2020-06-04 06:39:23  
999,990~1m sparks/accolades per week.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-04 06:43:32  
SimonSes said: »
You say its easy to make 1$ mules on account, but if you make 15 mules and then that account got banned then rebuilding it would be a pain no?
Yes it would be. The problem is they don't ban quickly enough to make it a pain enough to stop.

Baning once a month or more, would put a dent in these. Banning once every 2-3 years isn't anything.

With the way that people are talking they can bot anything, including missions, it's not that much of a pain.

Hell, I just started a new character, within the 1st 2 weeks it had access to the zones these guys like to bot, and was 99.

A bot that went non stop spamming missions would be up and running in a few days at most. And or they could just buy an account that has been preunlocked already. They are a dime a dozen.
By SimonSes 2020-06-04 06:43:46  

First of all I seriously doubt it will be shared cap for both. It will be 2 separate. Its 2 different NPC and 2 different points. 500k each sounds ok.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-04 06:44:04  
Oic sorry misinterpreted what you had written.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-06-04 06:45:58  
This just means you could casually make 2m/week playing the game and not worry about grinding gain for gil!
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-06-04 06:47:58  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
SimonSes said: »
Yes it would be. The problem is they don't ban quickly enough to make it a pain enough to stop.

Baning once a month or more, would put a dent in these. Banning once every 2-3 years isn't anything.

With the way that people are talking they can bot anything, including missions, it's not that much of a pain.

Hell, I just started a new character, within the 1st 2 weeks it had access to the zones these guys like to bot, and was 99.

A bot that went non stop spamming missions would be up and running in a few days at most. And or they could just buy an account that has been preunlocked already. They are a dime a dozen.

Realistically you could spin up a new character that has access to Dyna-D/Omen in a weekend. Maybe China will get creative and farm omen and flood the market with astrals!
By Mattelot 2020-06-04 07:16:09  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
This just means you could casually make 2m/week playing the game and not worry about grinding gain for gil!

At only 2M per week... dad won't be AGing anything for a long time :(
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 07:22:29  

First Niobium Ingot or Khoma Cloth you buy gonna sink 3 weeks of cash generated if you just can make 1M per week.

We gonna quickly go to severe deflation with this low amount.

at most, in a big picture players need to make as much as its sinked from NPC stuffs. Or just cut down those relic reforge mats, whats fine too.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17