users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » RIP SPARKS!!!
RIP SPARKS!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17
By SimonSes 2020-06-04 07:25:38  
Pantafernando said: »
Chimerawizard said: »
999,990~1m sparks/accolades per week.

First Niobium Ingot or Khoma Cloth you buy gonna sink 3 weeks of cash generated if you just can make 1M per week.

We gonna quickly go to severe deflation with this low amount.

at most, in a big picture players need to make as much as its sinked from NPC stuffs. Or just cut down those relic reforge mats, whats fine too.

He meant 1M sparks/acco or 10M gils. Not 1M gils
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 07:27:19  
Well im just pointing its not healthy to drop as much as some rioters here want.
By SimonSes 2020-06-04 07:30:27  
If we can still use acco to make unity NMs then remember you could still use accolades this way to make gils. Most stacks of items used to upgrade stuff/pop escha sells well and also beitetsu/pluton/boulders drop from unm fights too.
[+]
By geigei 2020-06-04 07:31:01  
SimonSes said: »
If we can still use acco to make unity NMs then remember you could still use accolades this way to make gils.
Shhh wtf man.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-04 07:50:06  
Accolades are going to be capped too.
By Voren 2020-06-04 07:56:47  
Forgive me, I don't feel like looking back 9 pages, but anyone remember cho blinkers? Man those got nerfed and everyone lost their minds about it (me included).

Won't be so bad, RMT will find another way, this will do little to reduce them
By SimonSes 2020-06-04 08:00:28  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Accolades will be capped at npc. You wont be able to exchange them for items, but it doesnt mean you cant use them to fight UNM. That would be silly.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-04 08:03:58  
You don't know that for sure. They may stop the accumulation. It "says" exchange, but consider what happens.

Because if they don't, there will be a packet to bypass the cap.

Packet > Give me another Shield > bypass capped flag
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 08:07:58  
There is certainly a server side control for accolade purchase though.

My silly program tries to buy more acc than i want, and the game gives me some message that i forgot already.

Its funny devs coding a message to tell you cant buy more items that your current accolades allow when this kind of action is impossible vanilla way (if you insert 100 prizes and you just can buy 10, its the NPC that tells you cant buy it iirc).
By SimonSes 2020-06-04 08:08:00  
You don't know that for sure. They may stop the accumulation. It "says" exchange, but consider what happens.

Because if they don't, there will be a packet to bypass the cap.

Packet > Give me another Shield > bypass capped flag

They for sure design this around people using packets.. for sure..
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-06-04 08:27:49  
Pantafernando said: »
There is certainly a server side control for accolade purchase though.

My silly program tries to buy more acc than i want, and the game gives me some message that i forgot already.

Its funny devs coding a message to tell you cant buy more items that your current accolades allow when this kind of action is impossible vanilla way (if you insert 100 prizes and you just can buy 10, its the NPC that tells you cant buy it iirc).

This is essentially what it said. Even if you have the accolades to buy them, if you don't have the inventory room, it will show the same message.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-04 09:27:47  
I just realized theyre nerfing accoldates/sparks the day before they kick in a double accolades campaign.
[+]
 Sylph.Mozhat
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2020-06-04 09:32:37  
How in the hell could this ever stop RMTs. Some of these have up to 800 accounts. So tell me, how is this going to help us. Its not will make it worse for us.

My guess in the last 3 month these RMTs all ready knew of this, I'd be willing to bet SE is the RMTs. They won't do a Fu..... thing about them. They pos hack, speed hack and SE wont do a damm thing.

So this will benefit SE and their RMTs. People will buy more Gil.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-04 10:11:58  
Its a bad choose of words but its not to combat RMT but the inflation due to RMT practices.

RMTs combat is done by headshot anyway.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-04 10:14:23  
This doesn't bother me one bit.

I don't even use sparks for gil. I use them for the REM 8 chapters so I don't have to farm them often. Or other BS crap.
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-06-04 10:18:35  
Man, I posted this when the chocobo blinker was nerfed 8 years ago, i think it still applies

Bahamut.Suph said: »
Finally the Quantitative Blinkering has ended, maybe the inflation will finally be under control.

Chocobo Blinkering put newly minted gil into the economy without putting any item into it. With more gil to buy the same quantity of product, price goes up and up. Everytime someone sell even just 1 chocobo blinker, everyone else is collectively poorer as their gil become less valuable.

People who made their gil from Dynamis farming or HMPs or Crafting or any of the other myriad ways to make gil, they are putting goods into the market. They are providing things for people to consumed and then they are rewarded for that.

If everybody only does all these other things that put items into the economy as their way to make gil, the game will go on like before, people will be able to get their food, their HMP for their Empy, their currency for Relic, their -1 Cursed Gears etcs. If, however, everyone only does cruor farming for gil, getting gil without providing anything back to the community, then we will end up with a situation where everyone have lots of gil and there is nothing to buy.

Seriously, can you imagine what it would be like if a real world economy get new money minted into it all the time? It's not like we have real example like in Zimbabwe or anything.....

at least they give you advance warning this time around :o
[+]
By Meeble 2020-06-04 10:24:23  

Accolades will be capped at npc. You wont be able to exchange them for items, but it doesnt mean you cant use them to fight UNM. That would be silly.

It'd be silly if they didn't. UNM farming is an equally significant gil faucet; it's just less prevalent because dumping sparks is faster/easier.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-04 10:35:23  
If by Gil faucet you mean it drops items that can be sold to other players then no, it isn't.

Edit: if it drops fat loot that can then be sold to an NPC, then, maybe.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-04 10:37:51  
How do people not understand the difference between moving gil between characters and manifesting gil by NPC?
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-06-04 10:38:55  
Meeble said: »

It'd be silly if they didn't. UNM farming is an equally significant gil faucet; it's just less prevalent because dumping sparks is faster/easier.
I'm sure they won't cap unity fights. That would be insane. Earning gil selling drops from fighting monsters is not the same making gil out of thin air at an npc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-04 10:39:59  
They don't know where all the Gil in the game came from to begin with. All the Gil came from NPCs. Either a mob dropped it, a quest rewarded it, a mission. All the Gil was generated by an NPC of one type or another.

Before hyper inflation began. I scrounged my way through the game buying my shihei with tiger hides.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-06-04 10:43:04  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
They don't know where all the Gil in the game came from to begin with. All the Gil came from NPCs. Either a mob dropped it, a quest rewarded it, a mission. All the Gil was generated by an NPC of one type or another.
This is true. It's just that inflation get's out of control if people can generate gil from npc's too quickly.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-04 10:45:27  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
I'm sure they won't cap unity fights. That would be insane. Earning gil selling drops from fighting monsters is not the same making gil out of thin air at an npc.
I dont think they will either, but I've played FFXI enough to know their spaghetti code is completely *** up, and may wind up blocking UNM fights due to caps.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-04 10:45:34  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
This is true. It's just that inflation get's out of control if people can generate gil from npc's too quickly.
Its the same as real life also, somewhat.

Only difference is that money is generated by effort.
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-06-04 10:47:08  
We'll see exactly what they do but I like the change in concept. Way too may real players, not just RMTs, running bots in random areas while they afk. RMTs gonna RMT, but I doubt these players are going to suddenly be mass gil buyers. They were probably just doing it because it was easy and perceived no risk.

As far as new players getting hurt, I don't buy that for a second. I started fresh a couple years ago and didn't make squat from gain exp compared to what I can cleave now, it's not even in the same ballpark. Daily alex farming was way more useful for the time spent. I probably could've optimized it way better knowing what I do now but... that's kinda the thing about being a new player, isn't it?

I'll reserve the right to be annoyed if it spills over into other stuff. For now though, even those CP bots etc are easy enough to MPK that if you want a camp as a real player, you can still get one, even on Asura during CP campaign.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-06-04 10:49:01  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I dont think they will either, but I've played FFXI enough to know their spaghetti code is completely *** up, and may wind up blocking UNM fights due to caps.
Ah, well accidentally capping fights and making us wait a few months before they fix it, that's another story. I'm just assuming they do not intend to cap unity fights. Actual results may vary.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-04 10:52:28  
Well its a problem, a very big problem, if it happens to be bugged on a double unity accolades/double drops campaign.
By Meeble 2020-06-04 10:52:45  

You can save high-value drops like oboro stones to sell on the AH, but the bulk of it you just vendor. Fresh gil, straight from the NPC.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-06-04 10:57:43  

You can save high-value drops like oboro stones to sell on the AH, but the bulk of it you just vendor. Fresh gil, straight from the NPC.
The never said they want to cancel all npc'ing of items. They just want to cap how much sparks/acco can be directly converted. Why doesn't anyone see nuance anymore? It's always all just black or white, ones and zeros, all or nothing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-04 11:00:28  

No ones breaking the economy by generating 50k gil NPCing a couple scrolls and junk mats after farming Emperor Arthro for 2 hours.

The same cant be said by generating 2 million gil after killing fodder for 3 hours (or 20 minutes on gain xp).
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17