RIP SPARKS!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17
 Asura.Botosi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-06-10 05:44:45  
Asura.Anybody said: »
Unity pop items will be too expensive....

Now does this include popping Unity NMs? I’d think not.

Wouldn’t this make unity items cheaper since people will (theoretically) will be farming unity NMs since there’s nothing else to spend accolades on now??
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 05:46:40  
Half of the reason you bother doing UNM is because it gives sparks back.

But yeah, I guess there's no other options. Points are still spendable as pops.
By Prong 2020-06-10 05:46:43  
kreek said: »
Did you do game design at uni, or is it just a hobby you picked up while living unemployed with your mum?

You said mum...
 Fenrir.Puciato
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-10 06:02:58  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Half of the reason you bother doing UNM is because it gives sparks back.

But yeah, I guess there's no other options. Points are still spendable as pops.

Unless this is a flat out cap on how many can be used for any reason per week.

Right before Double Accolade/Box campaign too. That would be god tier Dev trolling.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-10 07:06:50  
kreek said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
i've been minimizing my xiah posting to avoid the time i waste on dumb drama, i am absolutely not having the server merge argument with you for a fifth time this year

Never argue with DirectX unless you want to argue with a troll, that's all he is and all he posts for.

It can be fun, but only if you know he is a big fat troll.
You got humiliated into deleting your account because you tried to be a troll and got intellectually destroyed by Vic. Lasted 2 days before you made a new account and then spammed threads with posts about me when I was gone for months. Please get a grip and get a life.

And you creating new FFXIAH account, who “intellectually destroyed” you, btw?

Well, i guess there was Not much to destroy from the start. Just A sneeze could do the work.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-01 11:23:06  
Akihiko_Matsui

Quote:
Regarding Exchange Restrictions on Sparks of Eminence and Unity Accolades

Thank you all for your feedback.

We understand that many players feel that the current restrictions are too low and have run into the current set limit. We’ll continue to examine this. Rather than simply raising the limit and keeping in line with the current structure, we’re considering the addition of more effective methods with future countermeasures.

The development and operations teams are aware of RMT vendors bypassing the restrictions by using multiple accounts or repeatedly creating new characters. While we’d like to completely cut off the gil supply for RMT vendors, I believe it wouldn’t be possible without severely affecting regular players. Instead, our goal is to make the effort of RMT vendors selling gil not worth the real life benefits they would receive. Since the changes, we’ve received reports that RMT vendors have altered their activity patterns, and we’re also constantly penalizing accounts involved in fraudulent activity. Therefore, the changes had some effect but weren’t a decisive blow, and we’ll continue to take countermeasures.

On a related note, Sparks of Eminence are only intended to be a supplemental method for obtaining items such as Rem’s Tale Chapters. We’d like to encourage all players, beginners and veterans alike, to challenge themselves to primarily obtain these items through other means, such as High-Tier Mission Battlefields. Sparks of Eminence aren’t meant to completely replace the other content in that regard, but we’d like to hear your feedback if you encounter any issues with obtaining these items through other content.

We do not believe the issue can be resolved with just a one-time measure. Additionally, we want to make sure that these measures do not heavily affect everyone’s normal gameplay as well.

As always, we look forward to hearing your feedback.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-01 11:27:09  
Even Matsui gets it. Farm the content. It's worth just as much. If you don't want to put in the time, and would rather bot sparks.. find a new game?
By Pantafernando 2020-07-01 11:40:41  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Even Matsui gets it. Farm the content. It's worth just as much. If you don't want to put in the time, and would rather bot sparks.. find a new game?

Regarding farming content, he was explicit about being relative to REM chapters.

Spark bots are relative to generating cash, and Matsui didnt mention anything about this use of spark.

Actually i think silly If he thinks people are complaining about spark cap just because chapters. Probably just few poeple should use it for this purpose
By Pantafernando 2020-07-01 11:45:31  
What he made clear is that the changes arent definitive, and he is checking how game is behaving, and if its necessary changing again the caps.

This will most likely depend how hard is to farm gil.

If you want to have this answer, it shouldnt be that hard to notice, just ask your shell mates if they are facing problems making money weekly.

High tier crafts didnt change its price much, general mats have been saturated in my server (for example, DM, delve mats).
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-07-01 12:12:29  
A lot of people in other places actually have been complaining about REM chapters, which to me is completely insane.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-01 12:16:26  
Ability to create unlimited accounts is a huge problem rule wise. Tos doesn't mean *** when you have literal throw away accounts.

They say the same thing everytime. Monitor the situation but never alter it. They're already painted in a corner. You can't block new account creation and you can't limit sparks on new accounts. There's no where to go.
 Lakshmi.Guyledouche
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Guyledouche 2020-07-01 12:27:49  
General question maybe there is some insight on this but does SE ever or are they able with relative confidence ban people in the RMT chain that are buying gil? I mean if they are banning RMT accounts it would make sense to me to also ban people that buy gil. As long as people are buying gil RMT will always find a way around measures taken by SE.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-01 12:42:44  
Could they ban buyers? Sure. Do they? Basically never.

It would be hard to prove, not that they need to but it would be bad publicity. Just because I buy 5 crystals for 9999999999 from your bazaar doesn't automatically mean you bought gil. It may be very obvious but it was just a mistake I swear.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-01 12:45:21  
In theory buying something can never be a violation of ToS. While they can easily ban RMT for PoS and fleehacking.

I believe some guy in shell already mentioned PoS being a red flag, something that made him banned.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-01 13:08:16  
What I find to be a bigger problem is entry conditions for single boxers. Clearing all the delves solo is easy. It's harder to enter that it is to win.

In a day where time is precious. If i have managed a 30 minute daytime window for ffxi, it stinks to try to find 2 people to enter with/for.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [93 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-02 21:11:54  
Little bit of a necro, but some STF action on the OF today.

Quote:
Special_Task_Force
Support Rep

Report from STF (October 2, 2020)

Hello. This is a special task force.

This time, I would like to report on our efforts from April to September.

Follow-up on Synthetic Cheat From late April to early May, cheating to illegally obtain HQ items was confirmed, and 33 accounts were forcibly withdrawn.
This includes accounts that have been directly cheated, as well as accounts that have been indirectly involved , such as making a profit from buying or selling items . In addition, along with the implementation of the penalty,
we have frozen about 1,500 illegally obtained items and about 35 billion gil that we had.

This cheat was cracked down once in late April, after which it was confirmed that another player had recurred.
The latter is presumed to be a copy of the cheat method obtained on the Internet.
Even if you see the cheat information, please do not try or disseminate it with interest.
Also, to prevent the spread of cheats, we would appreciate it if you could use a dedicated form when reporting.

Regarding this cheat act, measures were introduced in early May, and it is currently not possible.

Eminence Record / Unity Concord Adjustments In
order to prevent RMT vendors from withdrawing gil from the system, the June 10 version upgrade will
set an upper limit on the weekly redeemable Eminence Unity points. Thank you.
Since this change will affect the players, we have carefully considered it with the development team, but
in view of the situation that it is a hotbed of RMT, we decided that we had to put some restrictions on it. It was.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Finally, I would like to report on the trends in dealing with July and August .
First of all, there is a big decrease in the number of coping accounts. This is a result of the adjustment of the above Eminence Unity Point exchange,
which has reduced the number of RMT companies operating for the purpose of Eminence to about 1/5 to 1/10.
The current situation may be temporary, so we will keep an eye on future trends and take appropriate measures.

On the other hand, the number of coping with other contents such as Dynamis and characters being BOT / nurtured increased slightly.
These include those that have been dealt with based on reports from players.
Thank you very much for your many reports every day.
We would like to thank you again for your cooperation, and we will make use of the report in the crackdown and strive to further expand and speed up the response.

The impact of the new coronavirus infection (COVID-19) continues, but since May, the STF staff's work environment at home has been improved,
and it is now possible to crack down on the system as before.
We will work on dealing with RMT and fraudulent activities in order to further improve the playing environment. Thank you for your cooperation.

tl:dr
Spark botting down NINETY PERCENT, dynamis botting and pl botting up some unquantified amount and they're "checking more reports"
Quote:
A JP player, not the STF
Asura is getting into trouble ...
Most of the yell chat and major Jobpo hunting grounds are constantly occupied by traders, which is
more of a hindrance to normal play than Gil and others.

Even if the trader's BAN is difficult, I think that special measures are required for the Jobpo hunting ground and yell problems.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-10-02 21:31:32  
I think reducing RMT by 90% is too drastic. Some amount of them have to exist.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-02 21:36:32  
Obviously, RMT related to sparks, is what's down "90%"

I've got a post somewhere I don't feel like searching for: "when WTBcrafts stops selling gil, you know there's been actual progress" They no longer sell. (that was the person giving away stikini+1 and su5 with purchases)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-03 00:38:43  
how bout they start investigating shield botters? that affects the (also very small) legit players trying to build those shields, but facing insurmountable odds in terms of competition who are up and running in the Su5 weapon market and other limited markets much faster than any legitimate player ever would be able to.

**EDIT** yeah, you know what? edit. How about instead of SE taking the approach of hurting their regular playerbase by changing their game as a reactive measure against RMT, they simply start having active GMs watching the game to handle them? To me, its the equivalent of taking shrimp off the menu due to one person having a shellfish allergy instead of just making sure that one person doesn't chow down on them. No reason the rest of us can't enjoy some crab legs and the like.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-03 01:23:25  
Coping. That's what we'll call it.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-03 01:57:36  
The problem with the Job point sellers is they consume all areas to make it almost impossible to get legit job points, which forces you to buy them. It's hard to grab one apex mob sometimes to get some skillups on, let along kill fast.

Quote:
we have carefully considered it with the development team, but
in view of the situation that it is a hotbed of RMT, we decided that we had to put some restrictions on it.

This kind of reads as though the STF over-ruled the development team.
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-10-03 02:30:37  
RadialArcana said: »
The problem with the Job point sellers is they consume all areas to make it almost impossible to get legit job points, which forces you to buy them. It's hard to grab one apex mob sometimes to get some skillups on, let along kill fast.

Quote:
we have carefully considered it with the development team, but
in view of the situation that it is a hotbed of RMT, we decided that we had to put some restrictions on it.

This kind of reads as though the STF over-ruled the development team.

QFT, the Apex Bat camp in Dho Gates on Bahamut has been plagued for over a year by the same bot party. Despite numerous posts from the Japanese community on the official forums just to complain about that spot, it has not been dealt with to this day. You are basically deprived of having a setup suitable for Apex Bats, unless you decide to take the long route (my fav btw) to outer rakaznar, which are higher level and may be difficult for starting players.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-03 04:01:05  
The STF report just proves that suspicion i was mentioning in the last ban thread: if there isnt more those dozens obvious bots running in ceizak, that means that quota of 2k ban STF can send every month gonna fall onto players on non "explicit" RMT activities, like JP bots. So, in the end, indeed, spark/accolade indirect effect is increasing the exposition of players that abuses third party tools, despite those abuse not seeming like destructive to the game.

Also, this report corroborate with my second suspicion. That temps/bans are REACTIVE actions, not active, like "autobans". (obviouly there should be some activities that can be caught in a auto-control system like AH bids bot).

I was suspicting about that when i had 6 chars doing "light" JP boting (i mean, never doing over 16h straight), and two of them got temped, being the only difference between those 2 for the others 4 that those 2 were part of a linkshell. So, someone in shell, probably with some personal problem with me, checked the LS members, found me in some gate zone and just proceed to report. While the others, that werent visible to the reporter, were safe.

This enforce that you always need to be careful when dealing with other players, because they are the real risk than the STF, that wont actively research bots. They deal with cheating/boting using systemic solution like the nerf.

Also, while this report shed some lights in the temp/ban process, everyone must be alert that this report is also a motivation for more reports: players now are seeing their reports are working, and people are being dealt so obviously they gonna report MORE. And do notice, players are biased. They will report being correct OR NO. Players like any human can just try reporting just to prejudice the other. Or for some competition advantage like less crafers selling junk. As most players resort to some third party tool, do notice you wont be temp/banned because you use third party tools, but mostly because someone framed you, and the reports concluded that you use something worth to be penalized.

So, all cheaters around the worlds, stay alert and safe. Watchout that they are witch burning now. You gonna be banned not because you cheat but because they want to see you burning in a fire pit in port jeuno...
By Rips 2020-10-03 05:03:03  
Pantafernando said: »
The STF report just proves that suspicion i was mentioning in the last ban thread: if there isnt more those dozens obvious bots running in ceizak, that means that quota of 2k ban STF can send every month gonna fall onto players on non "explicit" RMT activities, like JP bots. So, in the end, indeed, spark/accolade indirect effect is increasing the exposition of players that abuses third party tools, despite those abuse not seeming like destructive to the game.

Also, this report corroborate with my second suspicion. That temps/bans are REACTIVE actions, not active, like "autobans". (obviouly there should be some activities that can be caught in a auto-control system like AH bids bot).

I was suspicting about that when i had 6 chars doing "light" JP boting (i mean, never doing over 16h straight), and two of them got temped, being the only difference between those 2 for the others 4 that those 2 were part of a linkshell. So, someone in shell, probably with some personal problem with me, checked the LS members, found me in some gate zone and just proceed to report. While the others, that werent visible to the reporter, were safe.

This enforce that you always need to be careful when dealing with other players, because they are the real risk than the STF, that wont actively research bots. They deal with cheating/boting using systemic solution like the nerf.

Also, while this report shed some lights in the temp/ban process, everyone must be alert that this report is also a motivation for more reports: players now are seeing their reports are working, and people are being dealt so obviously they gonna report MORE. And do notice, players are biased. They will report being correct OR NO. Players like any human can just try reporting just to prejudice the other. Or for some competition advantage like less crafers selling junk. As most players resort to some third party tool, do notice you wont be temp/banned because you use third party tools, but mostly because someone framed you, and the reports concluded that you use something worth to be penalized.

So, all cheaters around the worlds, stay alert and safe. Watchout that they are witch burning now. You gonna be banned not because you cheat but because they want to see you burning in a fire pit in port jeuno...

Is this why Ejiin was banned? They couldn’t hit their quota? Lol
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17