フォーラム » FFXI » General » RIP SPARKS!!!
RIP SPARKS!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-03 15:54:01  
Cpu said: »
There were bots on Asura for sure but the majority of the spark/accolade bots operate outside of Asura due to the lack of competition and attempted retaliation on the less 'aware' servers. The number of bots on Asura is probably miniscule compared to the global scale of spark botting. Asura just happens to be the server where everyone brings their gil back to sell.

hehe its the Nike factories in China selling back in the USA.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 15:57:49  
lol. I thought about being on a different server, I'd literally be 10%-20% of the population by myself.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-03 16:03:41  
50 bots is certainly near 10% of the active char during most time in the lower end of servers.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 16:04:41  
They exist in significant numbers on Quetzalcoatl, Leviathan, Ragnarok, etc., and your level of "surprise" about it is probably why they receive so few STF complaints.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 16:05:51  
I think this has less to do with stopping RMT and more to do with making more money off the RMT. Caps = more alts.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-03 16:09:52  
RadialArcana said: »
I think this has less to do with stopping RMT and more to do with making more money off the RMT. Caps = more alts.
They'd make more money banning the POLID's and forcing them to get new POL keys every time at $30USD + 12.95 for the sub.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 16:10:15  
RadialArcana said: »
If the cap is 100,000 sparks and 100,000 accolades per week then it probably isn't worth maintaining 17 additional content ids in the short term because too much gil is already available for that to be worth $1/mo at the current prices. If they're a little more lenient with the caps or the gil supply somehow drops (very unlikely) then we'll see something different.
 Bismarck.Coffeegood
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Coffeegood 2020-06-03 17:47:42  
instead of banning people they chose this. be happy you can still play.
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2020-06-03 17:52:11  
If ppl weren't using the damn instant sell script, I bet this would have never happened. I am all for it, once ppl get there limit there will be room for others to accomish it with over camping.
By fillerbunny9 2020-06-03 18:02:08  
this will do little to curb RMTs and is going to harm more of the casual playerbase than anything else - Gil is largely not being removed from circulation because we do not use vendors for much of anything - money is generated and primarily enters the Auction House where the majority will continue to circulate. further, this does not address the elephant in the room that those who benefited from medal duping, intentional crafting crashes to ensure HQ, etc. as these folks are mostly still playing. if anything, this will push the more casual players into the waiting arms of RMT. enter code NotAddressingTheProblem for 20% bonus
[+]
 Bismarck.Coffeegood
By Bismarck.Coffeegood 2020-06-03 18:11:25  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo1i5PN6YEw
 Phoenix.Jakarai
サーバ: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-06-03 18:21:14  
Would any of you take a pay cut at your job due to inflation?
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-06-03 18:46:24  
fillerbunny9 said: »
this will do little to curb RMTs and is going to harm more of the casual playerbase than anything else - Gil is largely not being removed from circulation because we do not use vendors for much of anything - money is generated and primarily enters the Auction House where the majority will continue to circulate. further, this does not address the elephant in the room that those who benefited from medal duping, intentional crafting crashes to ensure HQ, etc. as these folks are mostly still playing. if anything, this will push the more casual players into the waiting arms of RMT. enter code NotAddressingTheProblem for 20% bonus
We use vendors a ton for end-game gear. Relic upgrades, SU3 gear, etc., all require crafting ingredients that cost ~1.1mil from vendors. For example: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cypress_Lumber.

I don't know what will or won't stop "RMTs". RMT just means real-money-trade, i.e. spending USD to acquire gil. If the most efficient method for an RMT vendor right now is botting sparks and accolades, and they're not able to immediately transition into a new model, then this change will have a huge impact on their ability to generate and sell gil. If they choose a new model that includes farming other limited resources e.g. alexandrite and heavy metal plates, then they'll still stop contributing to rapid inflation and instead improve the availability of high-demand resources.

Even if we took real money trade vendors out of the equation entirely, I would still want to stop people from farming 10 million gil out of thin air during every gain exp campaign window.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 19:07:15  
Gain-Money is the biggest problem.

It blows the mind how they could just let that be a thing. (not really, not surprising at all, they're incompetent, but the thought is there)
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-03 19:51:24  
Not sure why you're trying, Cpu.

the people who want to understand it, understand it. the rest are unable to grasp or are just buttmad they can't turn on a bot during gain-xp and make 20m/hr anymore
By Shichishito 2020-06-03 20:08:52  
i don't think sparks/accolades were a mistake that dragged out for 6 years, especially not considering they did the same "mistake" befor with curor/blinkers and later fixed it. its clearly been implemented with intent, however i'm not sure what their motivation or plan behind it is/was and why they change course again after so many years.

i mean this time it could be indeed that we get close to single items costing cap gil but back when they fixed blinkers, unless my memory fails me, the inflation wasn't anywhere near as progressed as its now.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dakrone
By Asura.Dakrone 2020-06-03 20:33:11  
Jdove said: »
i heard people are able to make gain exp active 24/7 thru hacks too if this is the case then this was absolutely needed

I think you've been hearing too many things and are probably too gullible , but let me tell you something i've been hearing people are able to exploit and make it free-login campaign active every month also for their SE services!!
[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
サーバ: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2020-06-03 20:40:58  
Cpu said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
We use vendors a ton for end-game gear. Relic upgrades, SU3 gear, etc., all require crafting ingredients that cost ~1.1mil from vendors. For example: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cypress_Lumber.

I don't know what will or won't stop "RMTs". RMT just means real-money-trade, i.e. spending USD to acquire gil. If the most efficient method for an RMT vendor right now is botting sparks and accolades, and they're not able to immediately transition into a new model, then this change will have a huge impact on their ability to generate and sell gil. If they choose a new model that includes farming other limited resources e.g. alexandrite and heavy metal plates, then they'll still stop contributing to rapid inflation and instead improve the availability of high-demand resources.

Even if we took real money trade vendors out of the equation entirely, I would still want to stop people from farming 10 million gil out of thin air during every gain exp campaign window.
I'm not sure how spending 4 hours of your time farming then npcing the results is producing gil out of thin air. What other methods do you suggest to farm gil? I'll give you a hint, there are none.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 20:45:54  
Phoenix.Jakarai said: »
I'm not sure how spending 4 hours of your time farming then npcing the results is producing gil out of thin air. What other methods do you suggest to farm gil? I'll give you a hint, there are none.

Are you purposely being obtuse?
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-03 20:47:30  
It is produced out of thin air, its literally created by the server when you exchange the item to the NPC. What exactly are you getting at? There are plenty of ways to circulate Gil like we've been doing for over a decade, and other ways Gil is created via the system.
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 20:51:47  
So what do we think the cap will be?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-03 20:52:57  
Whatever you think is reasonable, cut it in half, and then square will cap it lower than that lol. It matters very much how the cap is defined.

It's important that they leave the cap high enough to obtain MANY REM chapters and UNM items. because, reasons. But it's also completely ineffective if they do that. So, how do you set an effective but fair cap?

Spoiler: you can't.

Now if you can spend unlimited sparks and accolades on "unsellables" (REM chapters and upgrades) then they'll make the effective gil cap like 16m. One cap per day + 1 bonus
By Draylo 2020-06-03 20:53:48  
I would say if they are gonna be super strict, it will be 1 dump. If they are feeling kind they'll maybe do 3 dumps for the week. Anything less than 1 wouldn't be acceptable.
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 20:56:12  
Well, if it causes deflation, I'm good with it. Swart is outrageous on Shiva, to the point that I have held off R15 Anni. Looks like that choice might be paying off.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2020-06-03 21:16:56  
If the exchange cap is per char they will have multiple characters, punishing real players and RMTs may go relatively unaffected depending on how efficient they are
By Prong 2020-06-03 21:40:36  
Viciouss said: »
Well, if it causes deflation, I'm good with it. Swart is outrageous on Shiva, to the point that I have held off R15 Anni. Looks like that choice might be paying off.

Yeah Swart is silly. I CAN afford to R15 most of my relevant weapons but Idk, I just am stubborn about paying ridiculous prices for things so I just farm Omen which is well, not fun but...
By Draylo 2020-06-03 22:20:15  
The price of literally everything is ridiculous. I was just amazed the most random junk I'd get from the gob box is going for like 1m+. It's too much.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17