Let's Start A Riot?!?!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 117 118 119

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 22:15:33  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
like, people are complaining about police brutality, but also complaining that the police aren't using lethal force, and opting for non lethal means?

it's how they're using it and who they're using it on.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 22:16:34  
Nice. I didn't get the page claim with a hug post, but then again... I kind of did due to a quote and it was from freehugs... about hugs.

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-02 22:17:39  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
2. 1993 Chemical Weapons Convention banned the use of riot agents in warfare. But the key thing is we weren't in warfare while doing training. And that's how they get away with it.

CS is authorized to be used as population control, the US Army use's it all the time while overseas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CS_gas#United_States

I don't know what Slate or Vox article is telling you it's banned, it's not. It's not classified as a chemical weapon anywhere and is used by a very long list of countries.

But I guess those countries are committing WAR CRIMES right.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-06-02 22:21:28  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Sylph.Snk said: »
I also feel that if people want to riot and protest then they should be prepared for the consequences of their actions. Seeing stories of looters getting shot and killed by people defending their property and businesses makes me sad but it's the choice of those people to assault complete strangers in the name of theft and violence.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

And to flip this, and put this in the proper order of events, if the cops don't want to deal with riots that threaten their lives, maybe they shouldn't murder people and defend murderers.

Again, you are getting the timeline completely flipped here. The riots started because the cops are murdering people. They're the ones playing stupid games. They're then doubling down on their stupid game. Them getting hurt, and killed from this, is a result of them murdering the people they're sworn to protect.

Do I like it? No. Do I understand this is a long time coming and the police have effectively asked for it? Yes.

It doesn't change the fact that violence towards innocent people shouldn't be acceptable in any way share or form. Just because one group does it, doesn't mean you get to do it to people that don't deserve it.

We as human beings especially in a first world country should be above this but yet here we are. All that destruction and looting being caused solves nothing.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 22:26:58  
Freehugs said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »
I didn't get the page claim with a hug post, but then again... I kind of did due to a quote and it was from freehugs... about hugs.
This.. was all part of your plan?

I'm not saying I was counting the posts on the last page, but I may have been. My newly blocked people on this forum may be throwing my numbers though. However... winner winner chicken dinner.

...or in this case steak dinner:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-02 22:34:16  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
like, people are complaining about police brutality, but also complaining that the police aren't using lethal force, and opting for non lethal means?

I know right.

Like I would prefer police be using CS gas and simulation ammo then just pulling their sidearm and blasting rounds into some dude kneeling on the ground.

https://time.com/5793169/police-officer-shooting-chicago-video/

YouTube Video Placeholder

These people might of actually lived if the police were using rubber bullets instead of live rounds. At that close range it's gonna penetrate the skin and possibly break bones, but at least the victim will live through it. I know in South Korea the police carry rubber rounds and other non-lethal weapons instead of firearms. In order for them to actually receive real weapons / ammo they need authorization from the stations chief.

There are a bunch of different types, the ones with the little steel pellet covered in rubber are bad and should never be used against a live target. Normal rubber bullets have very low accuracy past 50~75 meters, friction with the army causes the round to eventually deform. Some company thought it would be a good idea to use steel balls coated in rubber to prevent the deformation, and it did just that, while also making the round quite lethal at close range.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 22:35:01  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Police should just all go home and get some rest. Tomorrow they can arrest everyone caught on video looting. That safer for everyone, won't hurt protesters and will punish the looters. Everyone's happy... well except the looters.

Police wouldn't be happy in that scenario. That'd be showing weakness.

You have to dominate and rule with fear and terror as the police.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 22:40:02  

Well, my thread derailing helped or people got bored / went to bed. Either way...

Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 22:43:05  
Asura.Saevel said: »
I know in South Korea the police carry rubber rounds and other non-lethal weapons instead of firearms.
This is interesting, and something I have never thought of.

99% of the time a cop would need to use a gun, rubber bullets would be just as effective at dropping a person long enough to restrain them.

in the 1% of cases with ultra armed to the nuts bank robbers, swat, would be called anyway, and/or for more rural law enforcement then can be authorized live ammo.

I see this as a reasonable start.

Edit: rubber side arms, locked live ammo firearm in vehicle, only unlocked via remote authorization ala watchmen.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 22:45:18  
They have lots of "less lethal" options. (tazer, rubber, salt rounds, bean bag)

No fear of death means no compliance to them.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 22:46:43  
This man was killed without all of those, so it is a start but not the end all solution. Resisting arrest is never a good idea though for most of these cases.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 22:48:10  
Everything involved in "resisting arrest" is a *** joke.

You can be arrested for resisting arrest, before you are arrested.

This is the exact moment where the break down happens. Argue with a pig, get shot. Claim resisting arrest/scared/assault/no camera.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 22:50:41  
Have you ever done any kind of work the police do? When someone is resisting arrest it makes things 10x harder and stressful. It's easy to say they have x or y available, but in the heat of the situation things can always go south. These are humans not robots, so if you change all the tools they have it won't always prevent bad situations as easily as you think.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 22:53:32  
Maybe if they stop planting drugs on people and raping/beating/killing people while handcuffed they'd be less inclined to resist arrest.

If they can't work with the proper tools, they shouldn't have the job either. Option zero is not draw your sidearm and fire the whole *** clip.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 22:56:58  
What the hell, lmao. You really think the majority of police rape and brutally murder people? Goodness.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 22:59:20  
Show me where I said majority. Any chance greater than zero is too high.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 23:00:18  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Show me where I said majority. Any chance greater than zero is too high.

Well I hate to shatter your delusion but CRIMINALS commit the majority of those offenses, not cops. You should be mad at the CRIMINALS that commit them and not the people who are doing the dirty work to put them away. How insane, you said that like it was so common.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 23:02:51  
Using bad guys to stop bad guys only makes more bad guys.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 23:06:25  
I don't understand why you think that the majority of criminals are somehow innocent. They do some very bad things, go look that up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 23:11:11  
Doesn't need to be a majority. Police act with impunity and no repercussions.

You think you're safe. Until you live next to a black man and they kick your door in and murder you. Then claim you shot first.

That doesn't need to happen a "majority" of the time, it needs to NEVER happen.
By volkom 2020-06-02 23:12:06  
Using bad guys to stop bad guys only makes more bad guys.

you reminded me of this ~

[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 23:16:42  

You think you're safe. Until you live next to a black man and they kick your door in and murder you. Then claim you shot first.

Never is impossible, humans are humans and will error. The world has never been fair, we can only do our best to make sure its as fair as it can be. You're asking for a utopia that is impossible to achieve. We need to work with what we can do and the image posted earlier was in line with that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 23:18:05  
They're allowed to *** up, it happens. (they shouldn't be no knocking kicking doors down with guns drawn murdering everything that moves for something so insignificant in the first place)

Never is how often they're allowed to lie about it. Never is how often they're allowed to get away with it.

You give these people power over your life... and no accountability. That's *** up.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-02 23:20:26  
Draylo said: »
Have you ever done any kind of work the police do? When someone is resisting arrest it makes things 10x harder and stressful. It's easy to say they have x or y available, but in the heat of the situation things can always go south. These are humans not robots, so if you change all the tools they have it won't always prevent bad situations as easily as you think.

Unfortunately "resisting arrest" has become such a *** line that it has no meaning anymore. You could be following directions perfectly but if that officer "feels threatened" for any reason, they are going to escalate to a point where they "feel" in control.

Again poorly trained paramilitary's do not make a good police force. Police are not Soldiers and they need to stop thinking they are.

Honestly I wonder how many police officers have been through MOUT scenarios with COBs. Guaranteed it help a lot of their training deficit.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-02 23:27:47  
Draylo said: »

Never is impossible, humans are humans and will error. The world has never been fair, we can only do our best to make sure its as fair as it can be. You're asking for a utopia that is impossible to achieve. We need to work with what we can do and the image posted earlier was in line with that.

Never most certainly is possible. This isn't Afghanistan where enemy intel is sporadic and unreliable. This is the USA where things like addresses can be verified. Targets can be observed and researched. It's messed up that soldier's in Afganistan going on mission's into enemy territory behaved better then city Police. Look up law of land warfare and standard rules of engagement, then realize Police have a far lower standard in peaceful areas.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 117 118 119