Let's Start A Riot?!?!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 117 118 119
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 21:20:22  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm pretty sure there is no one that doesn't know that.

Looting is a crime of opportunity.

Like 5 people have said this and he still doesn't understand that point, I think he's a lost cause, lol.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 21:21:39  
I don't care, they should be put in jail, why do you disagree then? If someone is looting you can tell they are a looter and not a protester. It really is that simple.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 21:22:14  
So, then why are they tear gasing protesters if it's "so easy" to tell them apart.

Protestors aren't stopping police from doing their job of arresting looters. Their egos and their marching orders force them to attack protestors instead of stop looters.

This is the wide sweeping reform that needs to happen.
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 21:25:25  
Draylo said: »
I don't care, they should be put in jail, why do you disagree then? If someone is looting you can tell they are a looter and not a protester. It really is that simple.

CAPS LOCK only because you keep using idiotic circle logic.

BECAUSE ITS NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN STOPPING THE UNNECESSARY KILLING OF PEOPLE BY THE POLICE. ITS NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN SQUASHING THAT BLUE LINE *** AND THE CORRUPT MUNICIPAL JUSTICE SYSTEMS THAT SUPPORT IT. THAT MAKES THEM ALL COMPLICIT AND ACCOMPLICES TO THEIR *** AGAINST THE TRUST OF THE PEOPLE. THE LOOTING IS BAD AND ITS *** BUT ITS NOT A VALID REASON TO BE LIKE “*** IT NOW IM OK WITH COPS KILLING PEOPLE”.

you literally cannot see the forest from the trees.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 21:28:11  
They're doing more than just that.

1.They're using Tear Gas, which was banned for WARFARE over 60 years ago but it still used against our own Citizens?

2.They are using rubber bullets in direct "line-of-fire" usage, when they are purposely designed for angled dispersal of standing crowds by angling shots off the ground into the legs of groups of protesters. Direct line-of-fire usage can result in fatalities.

3.They are still issuing "no-knock" search warrants, which resulted in the deaths of 3 unarmed citizens in just Louisville, KY alone- one was even still asleep in her bed as she was filled with bullets.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-02 21:28:24  
What does importance have to do with this? Laws cover a wide area of crimes. Just because murder is a thing doesn't mean we should just ignore smaller crimes because they're "less important". Again, this isn't a binary issue.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 21:31:42  

I have never disagreed about looters needing to be put in jail. My only disagreement is the order of operations. Jailing murderers is a higher priority than jailing looters. It really is that simple.
[+]
By missdivine 2020-06-02 21:32:09  
I don't want to read 35 pages of redundant opinions, but the mainland (USA) is a mess and our racist and weird president are to blame by literally influencing NUT rednecks and conservatives with his racist remarks and encouraging a lot of crazy people not wear masks and such. He lost control and is so bad that everyone is divided with riots all over the place.

Can't wait for a dark or brown skin Mexican or Italian gay president to lead the country. I'm surprised nobody killed Obama back then with all the crazy white people living in the US mass shooting and spraying schools with bullets/any random building because there's a Mexican minding his own business.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 21:32:30  
This whole thing gives me a headache. You guys are just arguing to argue. I just keep repeating myself, I am for the cause of reform but I can care about more than one issue at a time. Killing by anyone is not okay, looting and harming people who had no involvement in this is not okay. I don't even get your point right now, you're saying looting is not able to be controlled and I should be complaining about what happened and not what is directly affecting me right now?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 21:35:52  
This whole thing gives me a headache. You guys are just arguing to argue. I just keep repeating myself, I am for the cause of reform but I can care about more than one issue at a time. Killing by anyone is not okay, looting and harming people who had no involvement in this is not okay. I don't even get your point right now, you're saying looting is not able to be controlled and I should be complaining about what happened and not what is directly affecting me right now?

I have broken this down so many times I am flabbergasted you have not picked up on things.

Looters exist because there are protests. Protests exist because the police are above the law. Make it so the police are not above the law. Protests stop. Looters can no longer operate.

You repeatedly fail to understand the logic and reality of this scenario so that you can put forth a two pronged plea of "THE LOOTERS ARE COMING FOR ME" and "MY COUSIN IS A COP AND A GOOD PERSON". You are being emotional.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-02 21:41:07  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Looters exist because there are protests. Protests exist because the police are above the law. Make it so the police are not above the law. Protests stop. Looters can no longer operate.

?

"Make it so police are not above the law"? This isn't some magical switch that can be flipped. It's a process. At what point is it magically going to be okay to arrest the looters/rioters again because we handled the "more important" issue? Again, specific goals need to be in place, not impossible platitudes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 21:42:19  
missdivine said: »
I'm surprised nobody killed Obama back then with all the crazy white people living in the US mass shooting and spraying schools with bullets/any random building because there's a Mexican minding his own business.

Obama's Secret Service costs were shocking compared to all prior presidents, even the immediate post 9/11 protection for George W Bush. A large part of that is the fact that he had two teenage children, something the White House hadn't seen since the 70s (having multiple children to protect daily), but of course part of these added expenses came from all the crazy white folks as you mention^^

He also will be the most expensive ex-President to defend, ever. Again due to two young children, but also because he and Michelle are young- we can expect to have to protect them longer than Bush or Clinton. But of course, yet again, its because of stupid while supremacy groups that add an entire extra set of problems for a person of color as President that was never experienced before.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 21:42:53  
"they've" laid out 5 demands. I don't really agree with them/not enough of them. But the goal posts are set.

There's a lot missing, but that's another battle. (civil asset forfeiture for one, body cameras with no excuses)

[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 21:54:13  
Those seems reasonable
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-02 21:58:37  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
"they've" laid out 5 demands. I don't really agree with them/not enough of them. But the goal posts are set.

There's a lot missing, but that's another battle. (civil asset forfeiture for one, body cameras with no excuses)

I'm glad to see at least some form of concrete demands, but don't pretend like these demands are universal among the protesters by any stretch. The leadership of BLM does not speak for everyone, so if this is really what they're looking for then they need to get people on board and reach a consensus.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-02 22:01:13  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
1.They're using Tear Gas, which was banned for WARFARE over 60 years ago but it still used against our own Citizens?

What *** stupidity is that ....

Winter 1999 I was wearing a protective mask inside a room filled with CS gas. Standing in a line with eight others the drill sergeants ordered to remove the masks. Afterward, while still in that room full of concentrated tear gas, we had to recite our names, where we were from, attempt to sing the Army song and various other *** things. We stayed in that room until every last one of us was coughing uncontrollably, crying and with snot hanging off our faces. The drills then opened the back door and we filed out orderly (they would make us go back in if we ran) while the next batch of soldiers went in behind us. We then walked down chili-mac row where several threw up. They feed us chili-mac for lunch before hand, hence the name. When it was all said and done, we cleaned our gear as best we could but everything stunk of CS gas for the next twenty-four hours. This was concentrated military CS pellets and not that weak canister stuff the police fire.

IDK where the hell you got the idea that CS gas was banned, that stuff is regularly used by both Military and police. And once you've had to sing while in a room full of that stuff you never forget it's smell.

https://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/gas-chamber-surviving-basic-training.html

YouTube Video Placeholder

Guess that's a video of WAR CRIMES being committed huh?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 22:01:50  
Those seems reasonable

Bingo, dude. Its stuff that most people seen like you as "pro-Blue" honestly I'm sure consider pretty reasonable- to the point of questioning why that isn't the case already.

And also answers a MAJOR problem a lot of us have in our non-gamer connections too...once it can be boiled down through conversation to its most core point, we discover most people are actually on the same side, because its not sides, its logic. Just ensuring that logic is there for everyone, every time.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-02 22:03:34  
it's possible he meant mustard gas, but his years don't match. I don't know why he thinks tear gas has been banned my the military.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 22:05:32  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Winter 1999 I was wearing a protective mask inside a room filled with CS gas. Standing in a line with eight others the drill sergeants ordered to remove the masks. Afterward, while still in that room full of concentrated tear gas, we had to recite our names, where we were from, attempt to sing the Army song and various other *** things. We stayed in that room until every last one of us was coughing uncontrollably, crying and with snot hanging off our faces. The drills then opened the back door and we filed out orderly (they would make us go back in if we ran) while the next batch of soldiers went in behind us. We then walked down chili-mac row where several threw up. They feed us chili-mac for lunch before hand, hence the name. When it was all said and done, we cleaned our gear as best we could but everything stunk of CS gas for the next twenty-four hours. This was concentrated military CS pellets and not that weak canister stuff the police fire.

IDK where the hell you got the idea that CS gas was banned, that stuff is regularly used by both Military and police. And once you've had to sing while in a room full of that stuff you never forget it's smell.

https://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/gas-chamber-surviving-basic-training.html

1. September 2003 I was doing the same, only my RDC found out I was going to be a Navy Musician, and made me sing all of "The National Anthem", "Anchors Aweigh", and "The Navy Hymn" without a mask before I could exit. Ended up blowing out my sinuses and got a 5 day sick bed chit during boot camp.

2. 1993 Chemical Weapons Convention banned the use of riot agents in warfare. But the key thing is we weren't in warfare while doing training. And that's how they get away with it.

3. I never said it was illegal, I find it horrific that it isn't illegal but they're totally allowed to do it. I challenge the fact that we can declare it illegal for actual warfare, but its ok to fire it at citizens.

I did get the 60 year part off bigtime. I was thinking of an earlier chemical weapons pact agreed upon in the 1960s and that it included "riot agents".
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 22:08:21  
I went through the same chemical sim at fort Leonardwood. The tear gas is heavily diluted.

(and it's an awesome experience, weird that it was actually fun)
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 22:08:52  
NOV '01 here haha
By boleslaus21 2020-06-02 22:09:11  
Asura.Saevel said: »

1. September 2003 I was doing the same, only my RDC found out I was going to be a Navy Musician, and made me sing all of "The National Anthem", "Anchors Aweigh", and "The Navy Hymn" without a mask before I could exit. Ended up blowing out my sinuses and got a 5 day sick bed chit during boot camp.

2. 1993 Chemical Weapons Convention banned the use of riot agents in warfare. But the key thing is we weren't in warfare while doing training. And that's how they get away with it.

3. I never said it was illegal, I find it horrific that it isn't illegal but they're totally allowed to do it. I challenge the fact that we can declare it illegal for actual warfare, but its ok to fire it at citizens.

I did get the 60 year part off bigtime. I was thinking of an earlier chemical weapons pact agreed upon in the 1960s and that it included "riot agents".
mustard gas is what was made illegal after ww1 if i remember right
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-02 22:09:26  

I'm not going to remark on whether tear gas is a good or bad thing, but it's infinitely preferable to lethal methods. You want to be careful about removing non-lethal tools out of the toolbelts of law enforcement, especially if you think they're currently too trigger-happy with guns.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-02 22:11:47  
Wow, lotta vets here!

TY FOR YOUR SERVICE.

Also, they should stop tear gas and use permament pink paint or something like Hong Kong.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 22:12:55  
Tear gas, does the job it was meant to do well, and that is clear a mob of people very quickly.

It burns, it sucks, and you remember it. Completely outlawed though? Meh, Like Raev just said, would you rather hand grenades and mortars?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 22:13:38  
...and what would be so bad about more things being pink?

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-02 22:13:59  
2.They are using rubber bullets in direct "line-of-fire" usage, when they are purposely designed for angled dispersal of standing crowds by angling shots off the ground into the legs of groups of protesters. Direct line-of-fire usage can result in fatalities.

What ... no ... police officers aren't trick shooters. That whole "at the ground" thing is for rubber shot which is used in a shotgun for riots.

Rubber bullets aren't perfectly safe but they are a whole helluva low safer then real bullets. They are supposed to be used at a distance of over 25 meters and only at center mass, which is the chest area.

https://www.army.mil/article/75725/simulation_ammo_allows_for_true_to_life_training

I've been shot with rubber bullets before, they leave a massive welt that bruises quickly and hurts like hell. If the police have deployed them for riot control they need to be used as a last resort to prevent injury to the officer or someone else. Knowing the police they probably think they can just shoot into crowds using simulation ammo because they think it's "safe", it's not "safe" just not instantly lethal when used correctly.

This is why I said police officers were poorly trained, they are attempting to use Military tactics and equipment without having the appropriate Training and Doctrine associated with such things. Then again most civilians are extremely ignorant of those as well.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 22:14:38  
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 22:14:44  
like, people are complaining about police brutality, but also complaining that the police aren't using lethal force, and opting for non lethal means?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 117 118 119