Let's Start A Riot?!?!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 117 118 119
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 20:39:55  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They've been protesting for (a long time) to only be met with indifference.

Only option is violence. And. it. works.
Yea but, it doesn't. If it did, it would. have. worked. the first time around.

Violence begets violence. The more we hurt each other, the more we hate each other, the more we hurt each other some more to get back at being hurt.

People need to stop hating each other.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 20:39:55  
Draylo said: »
No it doesn't work, people are dying. People have create even more hatred on both sides, I don't see what positive you get from all this?

Firings, arrests, accountability, reform, change - all about the police.

all good things

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
They've been protesting for (a long time) to only be met with indifference.

Yea but, it doesn't. If it did, it would. have. worked. the first time around.

Violence begets violence. The more we hurt each other, the more we hate each other, the more we hurt each other some more to get back at being hurt.

People need to stop hating each other.

It won't happen, it's a systemic problem. it's the answer but until then, you have to do the second best option.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 20:40:57  
No it doesn't work, people are dying. People have create even more hatred on both sides, I don't see what positive you get from all this?

Have you ever taken a history class? Every single major shift in society has included spilled blood. And you are here, with pages and pages, of justifying why we need spilled blood, instead of doing what is right to peacefully accomplish the necessary change. You are proof that blood will be spilled to accomplish justice. It's *** depressing, but it's reality.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 20:41:43  
Nope, it will not work. If people had prejudices before and they got looted, shot, killed or somehow personally affected by these looting/riotings, you think they will care to advance the cause now all of a sudden?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-02 20:42:08  
Firings, arrests, accountability, reform, change - all about the police.

all good things

Yeah, all good things if you look through a microscope at a few specific things and ignore the bigger picture.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 20:42:36  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Have you ever taken a history class? Every single major shift in society has included spilled blood. And you are here, with pages and pages, of justifying why we need spilled blood, instead of doing what is right to peacefully accomplish the necessary change. You are proof that blood will be spilled to accomplish justice. It's *** depressing, but it's reality.

Never advocated for violence, I said the looters need to be placed in jail. You're the one advocating for violence and saying the looters/rioters are just and its necessary. You also call all cops murderers, you are a far left radical.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 20:43:27  
One problem at a time.

There's a whole pile of ***, you don't pick it up at once, you start shoveling bit by bit.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 20:43:33  
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1267992040010285057

Man gave his whole life to helping his commnuity and was gunned down by looters over a TV. How can you justify that?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 20:44:57  
Quote:
was shot dead by looters when he tried to get them to stop looting a local pawn shop.

Sucks, should've minded his own business. Shouldn't be out there, property isn't worth your life. Let them steal whatever they want.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 20:45:33  
He worked there ya dummy. Of course you would be for this anarchist crap, you have no morals whatsoever.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 20:47:06  
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1267992040010285057

Man gave his whole life to helping his commnuity and was gunned down by looters over a TV. How can you justify that?

Hey look I have anecdotes too

But somehow the looters killing people is an anecdote that proves we need to stop all protests, but the police willfully turning off their body cameras and gunning someone down during a protest against police brutality is a-okay and Draylo isn't going to do anything but give it one platitude and go back to blaming other things!
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-02 20:48:20  

Caveman thinking right there
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 20:48:24  
Once again, since you have bad reading comprehension, I didn't say stop all protests. I said stop LOOTING AND RIOTING, why are you so against it Ladyofhonor?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 20:55:14  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Caveman thinking right there

While words are the optimal solution, sometimes you gotta bash a mofos head in with a club.

Violence doesn't solve EVERY problem, but it certainly solves SOME problems...
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 20:55:26  
None of it is okay, thats my point. Just because I condemn this, doesn't mean I don't care about other things. Lady seems to think you can only care about one issue at a time.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 20:56:55  
Once again, since you have bad reading comprehension, I didn't say stop all protests. I said stop LOOTING AND RIOTING, why are you so against it Ladyofhonor?

What part do you seem to skip over, when both me and Gaara agreed, that the looting and rioting ONLY HAPPENS FROM OPPORTUNISTS. The majority of that is not happening from the people involved in the protests, they happen because the protests give cover. You cannot and will not stop the looters and rioters until you stop the protests. Why do you time and again keep saying you'd rather we use the military against our people than hold police accountable for murdering citizens?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-02 20:57:35  
While words are the optimal solution, sometimes you gotta bash a mofos head in with a club. Ooga Booga.

It shows you don't know violence. The damaging ramifications it holds and the mental anguish it causes.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 21:01:56  
None of it is okay, thats my point. Just because I condemn this, doesn't mean I don't care about other things. Lady seems to think you can only care about one issue at a time.

Your main focal point across this thread and BG is "STOP THE LOOTERS". When confronted with the reality that the looters cannot be stopped, you just go, "STOP THE LOOTERS". When confronted with the reality that police reform needs to happen to stop the looters, you just go, "STOP THE LOOTERS".

There will not be change until the police change. They police will not change without overwhelming public opinion that it needs to happen (i.e. the government will need to submit to public pressure and reform the whole thing). Your argument has a 0% chance of having an impact on anything. Loudly calling for police reform gets us one step closer to ending this. Your cousin is a cop, go talk to him, tell him to help enact this change. You claim to not be able to impact things, but if you know a cop, that means you have more of a voice than us. Use it. Help put an end to this, get your cousin to help reform his profession.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 21:05:41  
Nobody has brought that up to me before actually, that looters cannot be stopped. This has evolved quite fast over the last few days and it initially started as "shut up, looting/rioting is necessary and all cops are murderers" I came in and said "not all cops are bad and looting is wrong" That is where the conflict starts.

The looters CAN be stopped, you can easily pick them out because they are LOOTING ***. Imagine that, lmao. No protester is looting, if they are they are a looter and need to be in jail. The police are not going to change over night, so that is not an acceptable demand for the looting to stop.

Also your argument has 0% chance of impacting anything either, which is why I said earlier nothing we do here matters. My cousin isn't some miracle worker, hes a working class man like most posters here. You think he has any power to change everything in the way you and the looters want? Some change like that comes from the very top down, its something that will take a lot of time.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-02 21:05:59  

Many "major shifts in society" that were achieved with bloodshed had clear goalposts for victory (e.g. regime change, military conquest, the granting of specific rights, etc.). While there are a few small goals here that are specific, the main message is largely subjective and psychological in nature. Bloodshed as a vehicle for psychological change is extremely counterproductive because it breeds hatred and resentment.

Just look at the French Revolution. Sure, the rebels managed to overthrow their oppressors, but they also didn't have a clear view of what victory actually looked like. Before long, the biggest advocates for violence got offed themselves because the people got so fed up with it. I don't think the people of today have nearly the same tolerance for violent rebellion. The room for error before all of this backfires is extremely low.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 21:08:12  
Nobody has brought that up to me before actually, that looters cannot be stopped.

So you just confirmed you do not read what people say to you. Cause that's what basically everyone you claim "supports" the riots have said. It's just an aspect of what happens in these times. Jesus, man.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 21:08:42  
That is exactly what I was getting it, this is breeding more hatred and divisiveness out of spite. You won't be changing peoples minds in this way which is a fundamental problem in the system.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-02 21:10:08  
Well so far today, no deaths and no looting that I have seen. It's been a day of peaceful protesting. Now, everyone is breaking curfew right now, every city has thousands of people out on the streets, but nothing bad is happening. If the cops show up to enforce the curfew, things could go bad.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 21:12:49  
Nobody has brought that up to me before actually, that looters cannot be stopped.

So you just confirmed you do not read what people say to you. Cause that's what basically everyone you claim "supports" the riots have said. It's just an aspect of what happens in these times. Jesus, man.

No it isn't and its false if so. The looting can be stopped, democrats need to express concern over the looting and CONDEMN it. NG needs to be deployed in every case to get these cities under control. Let the protesters then continue and fight for justice in reforms. Stop involving and MURDERING innocent people who had nothing to do with this mans death.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 21:12:49  
@Draylo, your fundamental difference now seems to me to be that you have a disagreement about at what point all of this started to be out of hand. Based on your posted opinions,etc, it appears to me that you see everything as "situation normal" until the rioting started. The rioters see the problem starting with the killing of George Lloyd.
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 21:16:35  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Shiva.Zerowone said: »
The point we’re not recognizing to make it actionable and apply is being knowingly complicit in a coverup makes you an accomplice.

See... now you get it melo.. We need to hold the police force that allowed this to happen accountable to the highest degree - But I don't see how police forces in other states are accountable tho... so why tag them all as murderers like ladyoflumpeverythingihatetogether...

Yeah cause infractions of the color of law only occurred in Minneapolis. Get out of here with that sucka fish bs. It’s the same in every city across this nation. Gonna pretend the like the thin blue line doesn’t exist? You on some dumb ***for even trying.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 21:17:02  
That isn't true, when this happened I was outraged. Just because I was outraged didn't mean I wanted to run to my nearest Target and steal some ***. The rioters and looters are not for this cause, they just want free stuff and are opportunists who need to be stopped because they are causing irreparable damage.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 21:18:40  
I'm pretty sure there is no one that doesn't know that.

Looting is a crime of opportunity. You don't steal from a (party) because you're angry at (another party) you do it because (a party) has created an opportunity.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 117 118 119