Let's Start A Riot?!?!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 117 118 119
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-02 23:27:57  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Draylo said: »
Have you ever done any kind of work the police do? When someone is resisting arrest it makes things 10x harder and stressful. It's easy to say they have x or y available, but in the heat of the situation things can always go south. These are humans not robots, so if you change all the tools they have it won't always prevent bad situations as easily as you think.

Unfortunately "resisting arrest" has become such a *** line that it has no meaning anymore. You could be following directions perfectly but if that officer "feels threatened" for any reason, they are going to escalate to a point where they "feel" in control.

Again poorly trained paramilitary's do not make a good police force. Police are not Soldiers and they need to stop thinking they are.

Honestly I wonder how many police officers have been through MOUT scenarios with COBs. Guaranteed it help a lot of their training deficit.

Yeah, and I wish we could have more conversations about this kind of stuff instead of trying to explain to people why mob violence is bad. There are so many problems with the way that police forces operate that could be addressed, but instead we're so fixated on trying to force change by speaking in a language of meaningless buzzwords.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 23:29:32  
Of course, I agree there. The body cams was a good step in the direction of assessing situations like that. I just don't see it being something that can be fully fixed, people are people. They need better training but you can't prevent things like that in all cases. I wish the world was perfect but its not. I hope after this situation the police take all suggestions into account to do the best they can in preventing this.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 23:33:27  
Of course, I agree there. The body cams was a good step in the direction of assessing situations like that. I just don't see it being something that can be fully fixed, people are people. They need better training but you can't prevent things like that in all cases. I wish the world was perfect but its not. I hope after this situation the police take all suggestions into account to do the best they can in preventing this.

lol now whos trying to live in a utopia where police listen to people like they matter.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 23:38:49  
If they are forced by mandate to re-evaulate their training and undergo a reform, it doesn't matter if they listen to people as its mandatory. I think we all agree here that there are many things that can be done to attempt to fix the situation. I was just saying it will never be perfect because people gonna people.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-02 23:43:12  
There should also be harsher punishments for cops who overstep their bounds of authority. Something like being forced to moderate these forums for a few months.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-02 23:54:59  
Question ~ is the ire of people who hate on police mainly directed at the officers who mainly do patrols/walk the streets or is it all police (like SWAT, border patrol, detectives, marshals, CSI etc...)?

reason I ask is because I think there's certain groups of police/law enforcement people that probably shouldn't have the same hate directed at them. I also think the ones who are on patrol mostly or answer to the 911 calls have a super dangerous job because potentially any call could be their last. ~ think it was stated somewhere in here or maybe another thread but that unknown factor may cloud an officer's split decision judgement and to that there needs to be better training, more occurrences of said training and probably quarterly mental evaluations.

one of the earlier videos reminded me of this shooting scene for some reason:

YouTube Video Placeholder

and now that I'm typing this up ~ I reminded myself of this scene

think i'm going a little stir crazy. maybe i should actually leave the house or something ~ everything now is reminding me of different movies or things i've seen on youtube D:
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 23:57:26  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
There should also be harsher punishments for cops who overstep their bounds of authority. Something like being forced to moderate these forums for a few months.

Quote:
TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

We’ll just amend it there at the end “or actively moderate RP&R thread of the P&R subsection of the forum known as FFXIAH for life” as an option. My money is on an increase in opting for Capitol punishment.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 23:58:16  
volkom said: »
Question ~ is the ire of people who hate on police mainly directed at the officers who mainly do patrols/walk the streets or is it all police (like SWAT, border patrol, detectives, marshals, CSI etc...)?

reason I ask is because I think there's certain groups of police/law enforcement people that probably shouldn't have the same hate directed at them. I also think the ones who are on patrol mostly or answer to the 911 calls have a super dangerous job because potentially any call could be their last. ~ think it was stated somewhere in here or maybe another thread but that unknown factor may cloud an officer's split decision judgement and to that there needs to be better training, more occurrences of said training and probably quarterly mental evaluations.

one of the earlier videos reminded me of this shooting scene for some reason:

and now that I'm typing this up ~ I reminded myself of this scene

think i'm going a little stir crazy. maybe i should actually leave the house or something ~ everything now is reminding me of different movies or things i've seen on youtube D:

It's literally ALL the police, they literally think all police are scum murderers. If you didn't do anything wrong, simply being an officer makes you scum. There is no other alternative.
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 00:02:55  
Well, as I'm going to bed, there are still no reported instances of looting or deaths on this night. Thousands of people are peacefully marching through the streets and slowly being arrested for breaking curfew, which doesn't seem sustainable for the police.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 00:12:38  
It's literally ALL the police, they literally think all police are scum murderers. If you didn't do anything wrong, simply being an officer makes you scum. There is no other alternative.

Yep totally it’s all police.

Really it’s just the bad ones and the ones that protect/enable them.

I don’t really know how many times we have to rehash this so that it’s understood. Cause it’s comments like that...

Also looting is bad but murder is worse. So we shouldn’t let looting make us lose sight of murder being bad.

Also if we want people to have the perception that a few bad cops doesn’t make all cops bad then we also have to hold that a few bad protestors does not make protests or all the other protestors bad.

When we start to deviate from that due to influences like fear or ego we start to fuel whatever fire we’re complaining about. Then we totally mentally block out what people are saying. Repeating a vicious cycle that gets us nowhere.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 00:12:38  
The left want anything that's bad right now because they think it will help them win politically, they want to stop people going out during a virus and they want mass riots. It's funny how the worst outbreaks are all in Democrat super majorities and how the riots are too isn't it?

They don't care about people dying, they care about destabilizing and destroying the economy during a republican presidency. Yes they are that evil and that includes the media who are their propaganda wing too. "By any means necessary" and they meant it.

Remember Antifa are defended by many on the left because they are useful to them.

All these poor "protesters" are going to "now die from Corona", literally "all going to die from corona" if you believe what the media has been spouting, and not a peep about social distancing anymore. Funny isn't it? "The greatest threat to human life in modern times" a virus that was so "deadly" that it had to stop the economy now no longer really matters at all.

Isn't it odd?

Once the riots are controlled by the national guard (that the left will try desperately to stop) they will go back to corona chan and how we all can't leave the house again.

You even see the narrative in this thread, it's no longer about rioting because it's now about "saving all the old peo...oops it changed now didn't it? I mean "it's all about racism"
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 00:16:13  
Well I was going to go to bed but I see that the shitshow just started.
By Draylo 2020-06-03 00:17:38  
People gave me a headache today
By Viciouss 2020-06-03 00:19:31  
Shiva.Zerowone said: »

You know kireek always has to bring his idiocy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 00:20:01  
People gave me a headache today
Apart from your doorstep being threatened, these trolls will only do that if you let them.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 00:22:29  
Viciouss said: »

Tell me to stay home to save lives sweetie, oops tell me I'm racist for wanting riots and looting to stop. The narratives change so fast it's hard to keep track what bad thing I'm doing!
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-03 00:25:49  
Viciouss said: »

Yeah but you can tell he puts a lot of effort into it. Curating the tempo in his post structure dropping Antifa , evil and leftist high notes at the perfect spots. That mid 2000s 4Chan or dare I say EncyclopediaDramatica quality graphic.

You just have to wonder.... why. Who is he trying to convince? Who is this performance for?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 00:29:35  
The left suddenly care about free speech again, it's like a switch they can turn on and off when it suits them. Now DRuMPF wants to silence free speech and protest, the FIRST AMENDMENT!

Also "black lives matter" unless they are dying from something they want to happen ofc. Should not all leftists be against these riots because of all the black people dying?

It's all so confusing!

Did you know that many on the left are paying for "protestors" to be freed when they are arrested? Did you know that, it's almost like they want these violent activists out on the street again to maintain the riots.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-03 00:34:37  
Well, the conservatives were protesting a perceived slight against their rights, except that there wasn't an actual slight at all.

The protests currently happening are regarding brutality from paramilitary police forces that have no reason to exist in their current state. And said paramilitary police are instigating violent retaliations to justify their excessive use of force on a vast majority of unarmed peaceful protesters that are making them feel bad about being bad at their actual jobs.

The racial aspect comes from numerous recent deaths of Black people being killed for no reason. You can argue media (including conservative) riling the racial aspect up, but a Black dude getting strangled, as he begs for his life, for nearly 9 minutes probably did that itself.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-03 00:40:51  
Also, your reading comprehension needs some work. No one is saying the riots should be happening. We've only pointed out that they're going to happen because nothing is being done to remedy the underlying problem.

Imagine thinking using excessive force on and arresting hundreds of peaceful protesters because a few dozen rioters (out of a crowd over over 10k people) are in the general area is acceptable conduct for "good cops".
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 00:48:45  
"the movement has been compromised"

The left don't care about black people, only using them against the right. Even BLM leaders are wising up.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-03 00:50:25  

I had thought it died down as well, but it looks like replacements have arrived to keep the dead horse alive.

RadialArcana said: »
Even BLM leaders are wising up.

Leaders of the Black Mages:

[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-03 00:53:30  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

I had thought it died down as well, but it looks like replacements have arrived to keep the dead horse alive.
Like for real, people want to discuss this, why are you so adamant about derailing it or getting it locked? Get off your high horse.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-03 01:48:30  
Asura.Apes said: »
A lot of mind and soul readers in the thread, able to read moral intent from just looking at a person. Didn’t know so many reached nirvana and obtained god hood.

Only two things the riots will establish, the destruction of the assumption innocence and due process.

If you support theft you are the amoral person in this discussion, hide behind whatever moral reasoning you want to defend that.

When the mob turns it’s eyes to you, don’t cry out for mercy after advocating such “justice” to be enacted.

The officer in question already was fired and being charged with man slaughter, what needs to be protested.

The 3 accomplices. The killing of Breonna Taylor. The excessive use of force against those protesting excessive use of force.

The people protesting have little reason to believe the system is going to actually work, that's why there's protests. Philando Castille's killer didn't get a sentence. It took them three days to actually charge the murderer, and the cops went to protect him. Which means they knew why people would go after him, but instead of go, "Hey, this guy is a murderer, we should arrest him." they chose to defend him. That means that dozens of officers in that branch, at the absolute bare minimum, would prefer to defend a murderer than arrest one. That is 100% worth protesting.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-03 02:11:29  

DON'T GET MAD!! It was funny...

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-03 02:35:45  
An important thing to keep in mind, all politicians are ***. All of them, neither side care about anything they say they care about. The more they virtue signal, the less they actually care about what they are talking about. All they care about is power, money and adoration.

Democrats were in control for 8 years, how did they help black people, did they help race relations, did they help more people get jobs, did they help get homeless people off the streets?

No, they made everything worse. In the 8 years of Obama SJW went insane, we became more reliant on China, man hatred blossomed and our nations becomes weaker. You know what they do care about? The rich, the rich people who overwhelming support the Democrats now. You know what Obama does now? he gives million dollar speeches to goldman saches and other big companies.

Democratic super majority states have armies of homeless people, they are where all the "hate crimes" happen. The biggest divide between rich and poor is in these Democratic super majority states.

Anyone that tells you the left cares about black people / gay people / jews / whatever else is lying, they just use them as foot soldiers to get into power. The moment they get it, they no longer care about helping any of them. Also, the moment any person from any of these "protected groups" go against them they turn on them with vicious hatred and anger.

Different cheeks of the same fat ***.

Whenever they argue against you, they use emotional blackmail. Racism, saving old people...whatever, they don't care if it works.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-03 02:39:58  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
A lot of mind and soul readers in the thread, able to read moral intent from just looking at a person. Didn’t know so many reached nirvana and obtained god hood.

Only two things the riots will establish, the destruction of the assumption innocence and due process.

If you support theft you are the amoral person in this discussion, hide behind whatever moral reasoning you want to defend that.

When the mob turns it’s eyes to you, don’t cry out for mercy after advocating such “justice” to be enacted.

The officer in question already was fired and being charged with man slaughter, what needs to be protested.

The 3 accomplices. The killing of Breonna Taylor. The excessive use of force against those protesting excessive use of force.

The people protesting have little reason to believe the system is going to actually work, that's why there's protests. Philando Castille's killer didn't get a sentence. It took them three days to actually charge the murderer, and the cops went to protect him. Which means they knew why people would go after him, but instead of go, "Hey, this guy is a murderer, we should arrest him." they chose to defend him. That means that dozens of officers in that branch, at the absolute bare minimum, would prefer to defend a murderer than arrest one. That is 100% worth protesting.

When a mob is causing civil unrest you have to use force. Or you will end up like this guy.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/retired-police-captain-shot-to-death-at-st-louis-pawn-shop-in-slaying-caught-on/article_d482138c-0224-5393-bd87-9898bebb3fd1.amp.html

If you are about justice how about this old couple shot by a black man out for revenge.

https://www.wmdt.com/2020/05/update-suspect-identified-in-cemetery-shooting-that-killed-elderly-couple/

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you aren’t just saying all that to virtue signal. If you really cared about the black community you would advocate for the restoration of the nuclear family within that community. Abolish abortion, which 36% of all abortions are done by black women.
(https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2020/02/25/abortion-the-overlooked-tragedy-for-black-americans/)
Advocate for tighter boarders because the majority of American men dying in gang violence are black due to the cartels.
(www.wsj.com/amp/articles/americas-inner-city-cartels-11574121983)

Nothing will bring more prosperity to the black community than having a father and a mother.

Look no further than first generation Nigerian-Americans. Doing just fine.

What in the absolute nonsense is this.

Firstly, nice whataboutism, but the protests are about the police killing black people. None of what you said stops that from being the reality.

Abolishing abortion is impossible. There will always be abortions. Want to reduce abortions (and 'rebuild the nuclear family') in the black community? Vote for more welfare, vote for proper sex education, stop throwing blacks into prison unnecessarily, get the cops to stop stalking blacks. Get proper funding to inner city, poor communities so that their children have a chance at learning a better life than their parents.

As usual, you're just advocating for trying to cleaning up the blood, instead of deal with why you're bleeding. Inner cities won't give a ***about cartels if they can feel financially secure without taking those risks. As long as people are desperate, and as long as people use drugs, there is always going to be cartels of some sort. Treat the real issue.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-03 02:44:59  
Lady will you listen to Obama!?

https://twitter.com/BMSMaxContract/status/1267963934344175618

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 117 118 119