Let's Start A Riot?!?!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 117 118 119
By Draylo 2020-06-02 19:02:06  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Draylo said: »
Of course and what you described are good cops.

No, those are cops caught on camera for a photo op. The next day they're macing you again.

Not even next day, there are reports in at least 3 major cities they were macing people just an hour after those photo ops, so lol.

Yet the rioters and looters are saints? Wonder why you don’t post those videos
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 19:02:29  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz0CKlGj3uI&feature=emb_logo

They're back, the public yelling at
Quote:
Los Angeles Police Commission meets in wake of regional unrest
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 19:03:38  

No, those are cops caught on camera for a photo op. The next day they're macing you again.

Not even next day, there are reports in at least 3 major cities they were macing people just an hour after those photo ops, so lol.

Every saint has a past but no looter has a future!
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 19:04:33  
kreek said: »

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 19:05:54  
+1'ed for the meatball sub/Dom.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 19:07:45  

Weird, I don't recall EVER stating that. What I've stated is that the cops are responsible for this. They murdered someone, that started it. They defended the murderer, that put some gas on the fire. Then they started gassing peaceful protesters to rile people up. Every step of the way instead of admitting their mistakes, they have doubled down and proved every single criticism against them to be spot on accurate.

And you're here claiming that a mindless, angry mob isn't being held to a standard you REPEATEDLY ignore holding your cousin to. The sheer ignorance is mind boggling.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 19:08:01  
But really I think Aeonova has a boot kicking fetish. So nice he had to meme it twice.
[+]
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-06-02 19:08:16  
Shiva.Zerowone said: »
Asura.Gnawclaw said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »

Where were you about 4 hours ago when they summoned literal hell spawn demons with this thread

Oh, you guys already have been-there-done-that. Mah bad.

Gnawclaw the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Never Unsee This.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 19:08:27  
It’s just surreal seeing a large group here promoting looting and violence and saying all cops are murderers. Literally sitting here happy when cops die or small businesses destroyed among other injustices. Sad times we live in.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 19:09:52  
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 19:09:53  

Weird, I don't recall EVER stating that. What I've stated is that the cops are responsible for this. They murdered someone, that started it. They defended the murderer, that put some gas on the fire. Then they started gassing peaceful protesters to rile people up. Every step of the way instead of admitting their mistakes, they have doubled down and proved every single criticism against them to be spot on accurate.

And you're here claiming that a mindless, angry mob isn't being held to a standard you REPEATEDLY ignore holding your cousin to. The sheer ignorance is mind boggling.

This is my whole issue, you are literally calling every cop a murderer
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 19:12:59  
Except she literally isn't. She's saying because they all protect the bad ones then ergo they are all bad. JFTC it isn't that GD complicated.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 19:13:22  
It’s just surreal seeing a large group here promoting looting and violence and saying all cops are murderers. Literally sitting here happy when cops die or small businesses destroyed among other injustices. Sad times we live in.
Literally not happening, JFTC.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 19:14:25  

My whole issue is you'll watch 3 people get murdered and then get mad when person #4 throws a punch. Apparently throwing a punch at a cop is more enraging than your fellow citizens being murdered.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 19:17:05  
Why can’t you get that I care about more than one issue?? It’s like me saying not all cops are murderers or bad, means I can’t care for this movement
By Draylo 2020-06-02 19:17:43  
Jetackuu said: »

It’s all over social media
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-02 19:18:07  

Yea, this is not happening.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 19:18:33  
here's a #mindblown moment for y'all.

Those pro-LEO posts I keep reading show the viewpoint that George Lloyd and the subsequent protestors are/were CRIMINALS. A common mindset often among the Law Enforcement themselves- that the SUSPECTS they are sent to arrest are ALREADY GUILTY.

Meanwhile, we are simply asking for Law Enforcement to follow their stated purposes- to apprehend who they are told. Maybe we need to stop glorifying what police forces do to try and make THEM feel better. Your hunting dogs who grab the dead duck after the hunters (investigators and prosecutors) do the work. Maybe if we stop giving them the equivalent of a kindegardener's sticker for a good job they'll just do the job they're assigned the way the rest of humanity does when it comes to their jobs.
By Viciouss 2020-06-02 19:18:58  
Jetackuu said: »

It’s all over social media

"Here" is not social media. We don't care about Twitter.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 19:21:02  
Why can’t you get that I care about more than one issue?? It’s like me saying not all cops are murderers or bad, means I can’t care for this movement

Because you are obsessed with the last thing that happened in the chain of events, instead of the things the created and moved through the chain of events that caused the final thing you're complaining about. You are showing a complete and utter lack of ability to see the big picture here, and every time you get pressed you just start over at blaming the last event that happened.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 19:22:29  
Because it’s happening outside of my damn doorstep, of course I want the violence to end. I care about the issue but people are suffering right now because of the violence and it’s creating more hate, victims and destruction
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 19:22:49  

Never Unsee This.

It’s like the physical manifestation of 2020.

Try not to think. It will kill us with our thoughts.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-06-02 19:28:54  

Because you are obsessed with the last thing that happened in the chain of events, instead of the things the created and moved through the chain of events that caused the final thing you're complaining about. You are showing a complete and utter lack of ability to see the big picture here, and every time you get pressed you just start over at blaming the last event that happened.

I never thought I'd say this but I agree with Draylo on some points.

I can see where you're coming from but even so the last chain of events doesn't mean it shouldn't be ignored for what it is.

I can understand the anger towards what happened but I don't endorse the violence that's come from it. Too many innocent people have already lost their lives over no fault of their own.

I also feel that if people want to riot and protest then they should be prepared for the consequences of their actions. Seeing stories of looters getting shot and killed by people defending their property and businesses makes me sad but it's the choice of those people to assault complete strangers in the name of theft and violence.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 19:34:04  
Because it’s happening outside of my damn doorstep, of course I want the violence to end. I care about the issue but people are suffering right now because of the violence and it’s creating more hate, victims and destruction

And as I've said time and again, treat what's causing the issue, that's the only way it gets resolved. This is such an american mindset.

We don't like illegal immigration taking our jobs? Deport illegals, leave the corporations hiring them fine.

Our government is inefficient? Vote to get rid of government, not the people making government inefficient.

Don't like abortion? Ban abortion, don't provide proper sex education.

Etc.
By Prong 2020-06-02 19:36:15  
(Just so I don't get yelled at for a copy and paste post...)

Lady, IMO, it's just better for communications purposes to not stereotype ANY groups. I'll give a "quick" example:

My old job, we had a temp come to work on a Monday. If I were to judge her based on her looks (pink hair, split tongue, tube studs in here ears, etc) I wold have guessed, super far leftist. (And in this case, I would have been right but I digress).

Three hours into her first shift (IIRC, may have been a bit longer) on her first day, she sends out an email to our "All Employee" email account, which includes our supervisors/owners and she CC'd her temp agency. She claimed her direct supervisor, "sexually harassed" her. Upon asking some questions of her and the accused, their stories of the event matched. What occurred is, the accused supervisor's team was going out that day for lunch as they did every Monday and he asked her if she wanted to come along. She somehow interpreted that as sexual harassment, because TO HER, it was. Even though logically, to the vast majority of people, she'd be nuts.

But, that is what happens when you let people make their own rules. I'm not necessarily talking about rules used for litigation, I mean societal norms and mores, by which we all have to deal with when communicating with others. So, wouldn't it just be better if we didn't ignorantly stereotype ANY group with blanket assumptions based on the few? Even in this thread, you can barely even ask a question that "hints" you may be not agreeing with the vocal majority without being met with insults and people just trying to be rude/clever.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 19:36:22  
https://mobile.twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1267927872066314240?s=19
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 19:36:51  
Sylph.Snk said: »
I also feel that if people want to riot and protest then they should be prepared for the consequences of their actions. Seeing stories of looters getting shot and killed by people defending their property and businesses makes me sad but it's the choice of those people to assault complete strangers in the name of theft and violence.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

And to flip this, and put this in the proper order of events, if the cops don't want to deal with riots that threaten their lives, maybe they shouldn't murder people and defend murderers.

Again, you are getting the timeline completely flipped here. The riots started because the cops are murdering people. They're the ones playing stupid games. They're then doubling down on their stupid game. Them getting hurt, and killed from this, is a result of them murdering the people they're sworn to protect.

Do I like it? No. Do I understand this is a long time coming and the police have effectively asked for it? Yes.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 19:37:01  

And as I've said time and again, treat what's causing the issue, that's the only way it gets resolved. This is such an american mindset.

We don't like illegal immigration taking our jobs? Deport illegals, leave the corporations hiring them fine.

Our government is inefficient? Vote to get rid of government, not the people making government inefficient.

Etc.
You do realize that Draylo has zero influence on police activity, right?

So, why should he have to be ransacked and/or murdered for a cause that not even the family of the victim in question wants?
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 19:43:30  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Etc.
You do realize that Draylo has zero influence on police activity, right?

So, why should he have to be ransacked and/or murdered for a cause that not even the family of the victim in question wants?

I'm done responding to people who completely ignore my entire argument. Just go reread my other posts.

But also quick edit: He also can't stop the looters. So why is he here endlessly complaining about them if it has no impact, much like criticizing the police?
By Draylo 2020-06-02 19:45:44  
Why are any of us here endlessly posting? None of us have any power anyways, its just a forum.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 117 118 119