Let's Start A Riot?!?!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 117 118 119
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-02 19:49:16  
Draylo said: »
Why are any of us here endlessly posting? None of us have any power anyways, its just a forum.
BUT I NEED TO SAVE YOU FROM YOURSELF! LISTEN TO MEEEEE!!!!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 19:49:49  
Why are any of us here endlessly posting? None of us have any power anyways, its just a forum.

Glad you agree that the argument last presented to me is ***!
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 19:50:18  
Honestly at this point, is corona virus social distancing doing us any good? Will all these people rioting and protesting in massive groups of bodies cause another spike here soon?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 19:50:22  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Because it’s happening outside of my damn doorstep, of course I want the violence to end. I care about the issue but people are suffering right now because of the violence and it’s creating more hate, victims and destruction

And as I've said time and again, treat what's causing the issue, that's the only way it gets resolved. This is such an american mindset.

We don't like illegal immigration taking our jobs? Deport illegals, leave the corporations hiring them fine.

Our government is inefficient? Vote to get rid of government, not the people making government inefficient.

Don't like abortion? Ban abortion, don't provide proper sex education.

Etc.
You do realize that Draylo has zero influence on police activity, right?

So, why should he have to be ransacked and/or murdered for a cause that not even the family of the victim in question wants?

I'm done responding to people who completely ignore my entire argument. Just go reread my other posts.

But also quick edit: He also can't stop the looters. So why is he here endlessly complaining about them if it has no impact, much like criticizing the police?
But you explicitly stated that you don't care about the actions of a few as long as you get the change you wanted.

So, why should people who have absolutely no reason to be involved have to suffer because you want change through violent means?

You literally are carrying water for those who commit violent acts for causes you agree with.

I want change in policies regarding the level of power police shield themselves from accountability, mainly through police unions and the "blue line". I do think people have the right to protest for change, but if you resort to violence, you are nothing more than a thug looking for destruction and tyranny.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-02 19:51:13  
Because it’s happening outside of my damn doorstep, of course I want the violence to end. I care about the issue but people are suffering right now because of the violence and it’s creating more hate, victims and destruction

And as I've said time and again, treat what's causing the issue, that's the only way it gets resolved. This is such an american mindset.

We don't like illegal immigration taking our jobs? Deport illegals, leave the corporations hiring them fine.

Our government is inefficient? Vote to get rid of government, not the people making government inefficient.

Etc.

So, why should he have to be ransacked and/or murdered for a cause that not even the family of the victim in question wants?

I'm done responding to people who completely ignore my entire argument. Just go reread my other posts.

But also quick edit: He also can't stop the looters. So why is he here endlessly complaining about them if it has no impact, much like criticizing the police?

They see your argument. Your argument is, condemn what you see as the initial offender, not the second or responding offenses. They are condemning the initial actions of the bad cops that led to this, although, looters loot during hurricanes, too so...some people just want to see the world burn, police violence has nothing to do with those people's actions, they are just opportunists.

The problem you are saying is and I agree, if you focus on JUST that, then you miss the message of those with a legitimate gripe. We get that. What we don't get is, how you can ASSUME every single cop covers for others cops. I'm sure there are plenty who do, but you've had jobs, you don't necessarily know what EVERY other employee is doing on a daily basis.

Nobody is saying some cops don't stereotype, no cops are racist, the system doesn't protect cops and that nothing needs done about the underlying issues that led to this point. They are just saying in the context of THIS conversation, they aren't willing to condemn every single cop being that, we don't know them all. We don't know their circumstances, and it's very hard when worrying about getting a check to pay for your family to be just and bold and outspoken against your fellow officers. Not that they shouldn't be it's just, I'm not walking in their shoes so who am I to judge them? But, nobody is saying that the actions of cops did not cause this and that it is the cops that need to change.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-02 19:51:20  
You don't understand.. I need this ps4 and nikes... to stop racism... You wouldn't understand whitey... huh? whats a floyd? Can I steal it?
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 19:51:22  

Etc.

But you explicitly stated that you don't care about the actions of a few as long as you get the change you wanted.

So, why should people who have absolutely no reason to be involved have to suffer because you want change through violent means?

You literally are carrying water for those who commit violent acts for causes you agree with.

I want change in policies regarding the level of power police shield themselves from accountability, mainly through police unions and the "blue line". I do think people have the right to protest for change, but if you resort to violence, you are nothing more than a thug looking for destruction and tyranny.

"have to"? No. It just happens. Much like the residents of sector 8, sometimes there's collateral damage.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 19:53:12  

Glad you agree that the argument last presented to me is ***!

No his argument was correct and what I've been saying. I just answered your question as to why I was complaining, we are all leaving our opinions here.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 19:53:29  
So the solution when one can't change something instantaneously is to put up with it?
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 19:54:17  
Jetackuu said: »
It’s just surreal seeing a large group here promoting looting and violence and saying all cops are murderers. Literally sitting here happy when cops die or small businesses destroyed among other injustices. Sad times we live in.
Literally not happening, JFTC.

It’s all over social media
What we say here is all over social media?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-02 19:54:49  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Honestly at this point, is corona virus social distancing doing us any good? Will all these people rioting and protesting in massive groups of bodies cause another spike here soon?

Yep
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-02 19:55:15  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
So the solution when one can't change something instantaneously is to put up with it?

Boom - now you understand what it's like to be a minority. Now bust your ***, move out the hood and make a living for yourself.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-02 19:55:25  

I'm waiting for a few weeks from now when the Corona cases among minorities spike and the media starts to point fingers at every reason other than the obvious one.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 19:57:18  
Prong said: »
They see your argument. Your argument is, condemn what you see as the initial offender, not the second or responding offenses. They are condemning the initial actions of the bad cops that led to this, although, looters loot during hurricanes, too so...some people just want to see the world burn, police violence has nothing to do with those people's actions, they are just opportunists.

So there's nothing we can do about looters, cause looters gonna loot, that's exactly what everyone "supporting" the looters has been saying. It's something that happens when the opportunity arises.

Quote:
The problem you are saying is and I agree, if you focus on JUST that, then you miss the message of those with a legitimate gripe. We get that. What we don't get is, how you can ASSUME every single cop overs for others cops. I'm sure there are plenty who do, but you've had jobs, you don't necessarily know what EVERY other employee is doing on a daily basis.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/officers-protect-home-of-derek-chauvin-after-george-floyd-death/

Quote:
Nobody is saying some cops don't stereotype, no cops are racist, the system doesn't protect cops and that something needs done about the underlying issues that led to this point. They are just saying in the context of THIS conversation, they aren't willing to condemn every single cop being that, we don't know them all. We don't know their circumstances, and it's very hard when worrying about getting a check to pay for your family to be just and bold and outspoken against your fellow officers. Not that they shouldn't be it's just, I'm not walking in their shoes so who am I to judge them? But, nobody is saying that the actions of cops did not cause this and that it is the cops that need to change.

Then they need to open their eyes. This past week has shown that far more cops are guilty of either being on the offense or passively assisting being on the offense than there are that are against this offense. If there were so many good cops, they would stop the bad ones and shut this whole thing down. Except for a few rare cases, that is NOT the reality. This makes them all (the ones in bigger cities putting down protests) guilty to some degree.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 19:57:46  
It’s just surreal seeing a large group here promoting looting and violence and saying all cops are murderers. Literally sitting here happy when cops die or small businesses destroyed among other injustices. Sad times we live in.
Literally not happening, JFTC.

It’s all over social media
What we say here is all over social media?

Some of what I said applies here, the rest is social media. Yesterday "Dabackpack" come into the thread and said anyone who doesn't support the looting and violence are enemies to this movement.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 19:57:56  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Boom - now you understand what it's like to be a minority. Now bust your ***, move out the hood and make a living for yourself.

won't say you're not 100% correct. But I will say we gotta fight for better.
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 19:58:07  

I'm waiting for a few weeks from now when the Corona cases among minorities spike and the media starts to point fingers at every reason other than the obvious one.

It’s already spiking from the reopening 2 weeks ago in several states.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-02 19:58:23  
So there's nothing we can do about looters

Shoot them... Preferably in the face
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-06-02 19:59:04  
These protests don't happen over night.

Large scale protests are organized events.

Justice protests are usually organized by several individuals and non-violent community action groups who meet at their local church or college campus so they can make signs and discuss safety protocols. The leaders include doctors, lawyers, students, moms, grandmoms, ministers, etc.

However, trolls exist in the real world too and will muck every thread and protest they can.

Meanwhile in the background, the PR and legal faction of these grassroots organizations engage in legislative initiatives with politicians and interact with police chiefs, municipal operations, and the press. The biggest battles are fought in the legal and legislative arenas.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-02 19:59:52  
I'm afraid of this too.

UNLESS!

Coronavirus was Stage 1 to get ppl worked up and anxious.

Stage 2 is civil unrest.

Stage 3:
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-02 19:59:55  

So there's nothing we can do about looters, cause looters gonna loot, that's exactly what everyone "supporting" the looters has been saying. It's something that happens when the opportunity arises.

Quote:
The problem you are saying is and I agree, if you focus on JUST that, then you miss the message of those with a legitimate gripe. We get that. What we don't get is, how you can ASSUME every single cop overs for others cops. I'm sure there are plenty who do, but you've had jobs, you don't necessarily know what EVERY other employee is doing on a daily basis.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/officers-protect-home-of-derek-chauvin-after-george-floyd-death/

Quote:
Nobody is saying some cops don't stereotype, no cops are racist, the system doesn't protect cops and that something needs done about the underlying issues that led to this point. They are just saying in the context of THIS conversation, they aren't willing to condemn every single cop being that, we don't know them all. We don't know their circumstances, and it's very hard when worrying about getting a check to pay for your family to be just and bold and outspoken against your fellow officers. Not that they shouldn't be it's just, I'm not walking in their shoes so who am I to judge them? But, nobody is saying that the actions of cops did not cause this and that it is the cops that need to change.

Then they need to open their eyes. This past week has shown that far more cops are guilty of either being on the offense or passively assisting being on the offense than there are that are against this offense. If there were so many good cops, they would stop the bad ones and shut this whole thing down. Except for a few rare cases, that is NOT the reality. This makes them all (the ones in bigger cities putting down protests) guilty to some degree.

The ones in big cities "putting down" protests are doing so because that is their job, it's what they are paid to do and their direct supervisors are telling them to do so.

I know in a perfect ideological world that EVERY cop should just, take off the badge, drop his gun and join the protesters but as I said, people need their jobs. It's easy for us to sit and tell them what they should do when we don't walk in their shoes.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 20:02:30  

Etc.

"have to"? No. It just happens. Much like the residents of sector 8, sometimes there's collateral damage.
How about you?

Are you ok with you being collateral damage? Or your family?

What would you say if a bunch of looters and thugs come to your home, demand everything you own, then shoot your parents and your siblings and say you should be grateful that you are alive.

Because that is what you are advocating.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-02 20:03:07  
Shiva.Zerowone said: »

It’s already spiking from the reopening 2 weeks ago in several states.

Which, logically that is what will happen when you let the hogs all back into the same pen, it's going to spike a bit. My comment was more aimed at the media's love of using chaos and calamity/deaths of people to make money with illogical sensationalism.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 20:03:44  
but they are civil SERVANTS, not employees, not ruling class, not anything more than servants.

And as such, our expectations of them are higher than of average citizens. Its shocking to me how few people want to put a higher standard of expectation on our law enforcement.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 20:04:30  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
I'm afraid of this too.

UNLESS!

Coronavirus was Stage 1 to get ppl worked up and anxious.

Stage 2 is civil unrest.

Stage 3:

Not that I disagree, just felt appropriate
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 20:04:53  

Quote:

Quote:

The ones in big cities "putting down" protests are doing so because that is their job, it's what they are paid to do and their direct supervisors are telling them to do so.

I know in a perfect ideological world that EVERY cop should just, take off the badge, drop his gun and join the protesters but as I said, people need their jobs. It's easy for us to sit and tell them what they should do when we don't walk in their shoes.

That doesn't explain the plethora of cops "doing their job" that in reality is engaging in instigation and causing pain to others. There are countless clips of cops doing "drive by macing" and being aggressive for no reason, I have a few linked a few pages back. This is why I continue to hark back to what started this, because you're saying the cops are doing their job, and I'm saying if the cops actually did their job, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO BEGIN WITH.

The cops are now justifying their actions, and you're perpetuating their argument, because they riled people up to be aggressive. And now it's being used to excuse all of the bad actions they have been making. And you're here buying it hook, line and sinker. If they're the heroes and the good guys, maybe they should start *** acting like it.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 20:06:02  

Quote:

Quote:

Nothing, "we" as citizens or posters can do, but the police and NG can do everything about it. They need to put those looters in jail and mete out some justice. Or change some laws and let NYC carry, those business owners could use a gun to chase these people off.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 20:07:16  

Quote:

Quote:

Nothing, "we" as citizens or posters can do, but the police and NG can do everything about it. They need to put those looters in jail and mete out some justice. Or change some laws and let NYC carry, those business owners could use a gun to chase these people off.

They need to put murderers in jail. Which means themselves.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 20:07:29  
Inability to appropriately "meter out justice" is the problem.
By Prong 2020-06-02 20:08:41  
At any rate, everyone try to play nice. Remember, when debating, it's better to try and find anything, even small, you can agree upon. It tends to make people drop their bias shields a bit and then you can actually have a conversation, even though there are those who just come here to be a~holes who want to stomp on others with their self-righteous indignation, you just ignore them the best you can.

Have to go mow my 7 acre lot....
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 117 118 119