Let's Start A Riot?!?!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 117 118 119
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 18:28:34  
I have yet to encounter someone defending the Thin Blue Line in this current environment who doesn't have direct blood relations to Law Enforcement, and thus is taking every comment as a personal insult on <insert family member>.

Show me some. Because those of us NOT connected to Law Enforcement are simply asking them to have the same standard of morality the rest of do on a daily basis. Don't tolerate *** at your place of work, stick up for those with less power than you, and when in doubt, show kindness not artillery.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 18:28:50  
Draylo said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I honestly had no idea that there were this many cop haters here. The fact you lump every single cop in with a murderer is insane

The fact that you seem incapable of critical thought is insane. Even with the extremely generous hypothetical of only 1% of cops being bad, that's still 7k officers at any time being active. And we have ample evidence to show it's more than just 1% of cops that are shitty. I've literally linked you to multiple examples in the last few minutes, but you prefer your blinders.

I don’t have blinders on, I said like 10 times now I am for reform. I simply take issue with lumping all cops together.
Then you have blinders on.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 18:29:38  
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 18:30:10  
Saying all cops aren’t bad = bootlicking hard. You people are the ones that are unable to see reason
You haven't presented any. We can see it just fine
[+]
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-06-02 18:30:34  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

Where were you about 4 hours ago when they summoned literal hell spawn demons with this thread?

It was your time to shine and you missed it.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 18:30:59  
So if we personally know a cop and have real world experience with good cops, our viewpoints don’t matter. You are thinking quite radically right now
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 18:32:36  
Prong said: »
Jetackuu said: »
You act like cops kill people literally every day
They literally do.

Every job will have bad apples, every single one, and you can’t be perfect at eliminating them
You can however restructure your criminal justice system to not shield their misconduct. You literally do not get it.

How can you say all cops are bad if you don’t even know them or see the activism they’ve tried to change the situation? You make no sense when you condemn the whole group due to actions of few

Easy as all cops protect the bad ones, ergo all cops are bad.
We condemn the group due to the actions of the few AND the actions of the group. We have a police problem, that is something everyone agrees on except the bootlickers. It's not debatable.

Rioting in the streets may not solve anything, but silently allowing it to continue just gets people killed, so.

I agree with most of this but, if we were to judge entire groups for not condemning "the bad ones" then why do we not use this same logic with Muslims? Rarely do you see groups of Muslims publicly denounce the actions of their more extreme brethren, but then the same ideological groups now claiming "all cops are bad because they don't call out the bad ones" tend to be the same people in America who will demonize you for stereotyping all Muslims. Just looking for some consistency.
Your bigoted apples:oranges inquiry shouldn't be addressed but here goes: it is nowhere close to the same thing, it's ludicrous to even assert it. We aren't calling for police to publicly condemn the actions of bad apples we are asking them to not systematically protect them. Holy ***.

Wow, this is why we can't have nice things. A person can't even dare ask a question about a religion or they are bigoted? You have issues. It's a perfectly logical comparison unless you choose to ignore it for whatever reason.

And I've seen many posts where people have mentioned one of "the" issues is police don't call out their own, which I agree with. I just don't see that logic applied universally.
We can certainly have nice things. But not when your entire premise is logically flawed and filled with bigotry. Everyone has issues, that is an illogical comparison, and I already explained why.

You are misunderstanding, whether intentionally or not idc.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 18:33:09  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What about attempted murder? Since most police shootings are responses to being fired upon in the first place.

Or does that not compute?

Cops need to stop immediately pulling their guns. If they draw first and get shot at, well that's their fault.

You can't blame someone for shooting at you AFTER you pull a gun on them.
How naive.

You honestly believe that people will not die if a cop doesn't pull out their weapon.

But then again, you are ok with the deaths of police officers, so I'm not surprised that you would hold that view.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-02 18:33:16  
So if we personally know a cop and have real world experience with good cops, our viewpoints don’t matter. You are thinking quite radically right now

Just stop. There are several here that have worked themselves into a self-righteous froth and no matter how you phrase it, unless you are screaming, "ALL COPS ARE BAD!! KILL 'EM ALL!" you are going to be attacked for it. Herd mentality doesn't bode well for civil discourse.

Also, I find it odd how some people can make boldly ethnocentric comments in these threads and nobody says one word to them about it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
サーバ: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-06-02 18:33:34  
Quote:
I hope you never get robbed or need the police for anything. I really think all the cops should strike and let you haters defend your cities

Wow, you really do not get it.

Quote:
"Some jobs just can't have bad apples. American Airlines can't say 'we've got some great pilots here who just love landing, only a few bad apples who like to fly into mountains.'"

Beat me to it!

"Please bear with us." XD
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 18:33:43  

YOU are the one causing that belief, but not having nuance in how YOU look at Law Enforcement.

Asking for oversight to rid a force of bad officers would have a net positive effect for the good officers in that force, yet they fight it. Why? You say you know good cops, and I don't doubt it one bit, but is that cop of yours so dug deep into their union they by default side with their Blue Brothers, or can they critically look at a situation involving Police Violence and truly provide the community the protection it needs?

The problem is your viewpoint has become BIASED, not that it doesn't matter.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 18:34:08  
Again: anecdotes are irrelevant. Facts are facts.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 18:34:31  
Asura.Gnawclaw said: »
Where were you about 4 hours ago when they summoned literal hell spawn demons with this thread?

Just kidding. They will get buried too quickly, I'm busy playing FFXI atm, and I pretty much have ducked out of many pages of this thread so I'd need to go back and glance over it to get context for a lot of the back-and-forth I'm seeing. That sounds like effort. Pass for now.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-02 18:34:34  
You act like cops kill people literally every day
They literally do.

Every job will have bad apples, every single one, and you can’t be perfect at eliminating them
You can however restructure your criminal justice system to not shield their misconduct. You literally do not get it.

How can you say all cops are bad if you don’t even know them or see the activism they’ve tried to change the situation? You make no sense when you condemn the whole group due to actions of few

Easy as all cops protect the bad ones, ergo all cops are bad.
We condemn the group due to the actions of the few AND the actions of the group. We have a police problem, that is something everyone agrees on except the bootlickers. It's not debatable.

Rioting in the streets may not solve anything, but silently allowing it to continue just gets people killed, so.

I agree with most of this but, if we were to judge entire groups for not condemning "the bad ones" then why do we not use this same logic with Muslims? Rarely do you see groups of Muslims publicly denounce the actions of their more extreme brethren, but then the same ideological groups now claiming "all cops are bad because they don't call out the bad ones" tend to be the same people in America who will demonize you for stereotyping all Muslims. Just looking for some consistency.
Your bigoted apples:oranges inquiry shouldn't be addressed but here goes: it is nowhere close to the same thing, it's ludicrous to even assert it. We aren't calling for police to publicly condemn the actions of bad apples we are asking them to not systematically protect them. Holy ***.

Wow, this is why we can't have nice things. A person can't even dare ask a question about a religion or they are bigoted? You have issues. It's a perfectly logical comparison unless you choose to ignore it for whatever reason.

And I've seen many posts where people have mentioned one of "the" issues is police don't call out their own, which I agree with. I just don't see that logic applied universally.
We can certainly have nice things. But not when your entire premise is logically flawed and filled with bigotry. Everyone has issues, that is an illogical comparison, and I already explained why.

You are misunderstanding, whether intentionally or not idc.

HOW is that question, "filled with bigotry." You can't just call people names because you want to. I mean you CAN but, it doesn't work out well among supposed adults.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 18:34:45  

I've never personally had an issue with a cop. I walked down to my local towns protest at the police department and the cops were out chatting with people and being reasonable. They seem like good guys.

And then I get on the internet and watch 100 videos of them being absolute complete dickwads. My local cops are fine (as far as I can tell), but overall the majority of cops look to need to be entirely replaced across the board.

Also found this ***and it's amazing: https://twitter.com/chescaleigh/status/1267927258355961856
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-02 18:35:07  

No, man. The point is that individual cops can be and often are totally fine; it's what they do as a group that has consequences.

***, I have good interactions with the cops all the time. I'm also lily white in a rich suburb. That anecdote doesn't undo everything I and others have said about the structural issues with police in this country.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 18:35:32  
Blocked Prong, suggest others do the same. Weak bait.
By Draylo 2020-06-02 18:36:37  

Strap yourselves in boys, im expecting something bigger tonight
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-06-02 18:37:49  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Asura.Gnawclaw said: »

Just kidding. They will get buried too quickly, I'm busy playing FFXI atm, and I pretty much have ducked out of many pages of this thread so I'd need to go back and glance over it to get context for a lot of the back-and-forth I'm seeing. That sounds like effort. Pass for now.

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 18:38:00  
My ten minute SNK and INV just wore in an aggressive-monster area because I was paying attention to this thread.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 18:38:35  
Lore wise, I finally understand why Blue mage was so appealing for Draylo. All makes sense now.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-02 18:39:17  
We have people here making extremely ethnocentric comments and I'm the bad guy for daring to ask a question on why people don't expect the same out of different groups of people?

Wow. Block me all you want Mr. 40k+ majority useless posts. That is easier than answering a simple question.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-02 18:39:51  
Idiot Boy said: »

No, man. The point is that individual cops can be and often are totally fine; it's what they do as a group that has consequences.

***, I have good interactions with the cops all the time. I'm also lily white in a rich suburb. That anecdote doesn't undo everything I and others have said about the structural issues with police in this country.

I am all for reform. But even with what you said, you acknowledge there is some good. The case for the Majority can be argued, but I can’t say they are all bad. The union is probably the biggest roadblock. I have been in one before and know they always stick together, reform would have to go through them to recognize these issues.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-02 18:41:29  
Wait for far-left Biden to get voted in and he makes Antifa the cops!
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 18:41:56  

I am all for reform. But even with what you said, you acknowledge there is some good. The case for the Majority can be argued, but I can’t say they are all bad. The union is probably the biggest roadblock. I have been in one before and know they always stick together, reform would have to go through them to recognize these issues.

Hate to be that guy but “Thanks Obama”.

Police Union hated that guy and has taken a turn for the worse the last 11yrs. Wonder why they hated him so much...
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 18:42:32  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Wait for far-left Biden to get voted in and he makes Antifa the cops!
laughed way too hard at this
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 18:42:53  

The MN police union excused the murder that started this whole thing by calling Floyd a dangerous criminal and said they'd be defending the murderers to their full extent. That's who you're passively supporting with your arguments here, lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 18:42:59  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

This thing, was/is going on live right now on youtube. (they're taking a break but its like an open townhall meeting) one of the other speakers warned them all that if they haven't been doxxed yet and run out of town they will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz0CKlGj3uI&feature=emb_logo

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 18:44:01  
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 117 118 119