Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 129 130 131
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 15:11:18  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Viciouss said: »
Have you realized that he is talking about S.3554 yet? You know, the one who Cardin co-authored. The one that Cardin blocked.

I'm willing to let you stop talking about it. No point in furthering this conversation showing your lack of knowledge.

Good thing I don't need that to happen since I was just provided with yet another source proving my original statements correct. But I liked how you completely avoided that point.
Why are you avoiding answering the question? Is it because either A) you don't know the answer or B) you don't want to admit that I'm right?

Well first of all, its certainly not option B. Because I have posted, and you have posted, multiple sources, including Moscow Mitch's own words, that you are not correct when you allege that he wanted to do anything other than pass more money for PPP.

Thats all he wanted to do, he did not want to pass any funding for states or hospitals, which is where this conversation started. He is on the record in stating that, he is on the record in OBJECTING to that, and you are just ignoring his actual words and actions, as well as your own sources >.>

Now you are trying to twist the argument to: Cardin objected to his own bill. Still waiting to see something official on that. But I do know Cardin objected to a proposal that just included 250B to PPP, and nothing else.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 15:21:53  
Still waiting to see something official on that.
I already gave you a source to that.

Just because you are willingly denying reality and do not want to accept a reporter who is actively reporting Senate procedures on the floor, doesn't mean that it never happened.

Seriously, stop living in your reality and join the rest of us in the real world. Trust me, it's not as bad as CNN says it is.

Thats all he wanted to do, he did not want to pass any funding for states or hospitals, which is where this conversation started. He is on the record in stating that, he is on the record in OBJECTING to that, and you are just ignoring his actual words and actions, as well as your own sources >.>
Again, I'm not denying that he didn't want to pass any funding for states or hospitals.

Believe it or not: I didn't disagree with you on this part. That is not what you are arguing against.

You are arguing that A) Cardin didn't write a bill and B) He didn't block his own bill.

Those are your arguments.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 15:38:31  
Still waiting to see something official on that.
I already gave you a source to that.

Just because you are willingly denying reality and do not want to accept a reporter who is actively reporting Senate procedures on the floor, doesn't mean that it never happened.

Seriously, stop living in your reality and join the rest of us in the real world. Trust me, it's not as bad as CNN says it is.

Again, I'm not denying that he didn't want to pass any funding for states or hospitals.

Believe it or not: I didn't disagree with you on this part. That is not what you are arguing against.

You are arguing that A) Cardin didn't write a bill and B) He didn't block his own bill.

Those are your arguments.

yes, I saw this tweet.

Quote:
Sen. Ben Cardin objects to
@senatemajldr
McConnell's effort to pass an additional $251 billion for the emergency small business lending program

6h
Cardin calls the effort to pass the funding today a "political stunt."
Cardin was one of the co-authors of the original emergency small business loan program

This is why I said I'm waiting on something official, because this tweet does a poor job of official reporting. Which, I get it, he is live tweeting it, and nobody cares about the specific bill number. But all it states is Cardin voiced an objection, called it a stunt, and points out Cardin was a co-author on the "original program." It doesn't state that Moscow Mitch brought Cardin's bill to a vote and Cardin voted against his own bill.

Remember, Moscow Mitch is on the record in saying its a standalone emergency funding bill, implying that it is in fact, NOT S 3554. Or if it is, its just a very narrow part of it. Which, as far as I know, a bill thats in committee, like 3554, can be brought to the floor with unanimous consent, but I don't know, and don't think, that just parts of it can be brought that way. I believe its an all or nothing deal, and I know that Moscow Mitch certainly did not bring all of it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 15:47:25  
This is why I said I'm waiting on something official, because this tweet does a poor job of official reporting.
Congressional Record won't be updated until tomorrow. There is always a day lag.

But all it states is Cardin voiced an objection, called it a stunt, and points out Cardin was a co-author on the "original program." It doesn't state that Moscow Mitch brought Cardin's bill to a vote and Cardin voted against his own bill.
You really do not know anything about Congress. You cannot bring anything to the floor of either the House or Senate without written records of it. The fact that the reporting stated that it was co-authored by Cardin shows that this is S.3554. The reason behind it is that Cardin has not authored any bills other than S.3554 that is related to COVID-19. This is the only bill he has authored that relates to it.

Remember, Moscow Mitch is on the record in saying its a standalone emergency funding bill, implying that it is in fact, NOT S 3554. Or if it is, its just a very narrow part of it. Which, as far as I know, a bill thats in committee, like 3554, can be brought to the floor with unanimous consent, but I don't know, and don't think, that just parts of it can be brought that way. I believe its an all or nothing deal, and I know that Moscow Mitch certainly did not bring all of it.
What do you think S.3554 is? Didn't you even look at the title of the bill? It's on record...

I truly, honestly believe you don't know anything about government. Except the very basic parts of it, like the 3 branches and who's on it. I don't believe you understand the workings on how things get done. My evidence is shown by your lack of understanding on basic procedures of this bill.

And you keep pretending to profess knowledge in it. Stop sticking your foot in your mouth.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 15:57:42  
And before anyone calls me a hypocrite, I don't know everything about the inner workings of Congress, but I believe I have a better grasp of it than most of America.

I'm not a politician, but I do know the basics and some of the intermediates of politics.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-09 17:28:22  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
And get this, if those big 3 are so important, why don't they make 3 sperate bills, so that way at least once the finally pull their heads out of their *** and pick a number, zoom, that particular angle at least is moving forward, they can go back to bickering about the other 2 points, but at least the one is making some kind of headway at providing relief for people in crisis right now.
Too much room for betrayal, especially with Trump being President. He could just get only what he wanted passed and veto everything else.
Caerda said: »
Doesn't work that way slick.
Actually it does. But I think moscow Mitch would pull the switcheroo rather than Trump. Mich is too shrewd to let Trump take the blame for that bit of chicanery. All he has to do is refuse to bring the additional bills to the floor.

And we all know that nothing is too slimy to be beneath him.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 17:42:37  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
And get this, if those big 3 are so important, why don't they make 3 sperate bills, so that way at least once the finally pull their heads out of their *** and pick a number, zoom, that particular angle at least is moving forward, they can go back to bickering about the other 2 points, but at least the one is making some kind of headway at providing relief for people in crisis right now.
Too much room for betrayal, especially with Trump being President. He could just get only what he wanted passed and veto everything else.
Caerda said: »
Doesn't work that way slick.
Actually it does. But I think moscow Mitch would pull the switcheroo rather than Trump. Mich is too shrewd to let Trump take the blame for that bit of chicanery. All he has to do is refuse to bring the additional bills to the floor.

And we all know that nothing is too slimy to be beneath him.
Kindof Reid-like, if you know what I mean.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-09 18:01:55  
A how it works:

More Stimulus? It's Not Like Hospitals And States Are Small Businesses, Like Churches Are
Wonkette, trigger warning.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-09 19:24:09  
Wait, I see the confusion.

You think that McConnell's bill is his own making. It's not. It's S.3554.

Yes, I had to use a Twitter feed of a Senate correspondence because the public record hasn't been updated yet, so I can't use that as evidence. But he was on the floor giving real-time updates as it occurs. I don't want to wait until tomorrow when the public record is updated....

The dems proposal is to add funds and other pork per the house bill I posted several pages ago. Which, for some reason, you refuse to acknowledge.

Yes, my sources state only parts of the bill. Because, guess what, that's the newsworthy parts. Remember, media goes for the biggest drama, which in this case: Dems block more funding for PPP!

But hey, you only pay attention to the headlines, so yeah....
If I can make 1 request, please stop calling the crap the Dems add to Bills "pork." Pork is delicious and nutritious. Call is something disgusting and toxic, like "soy."
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-04-09 19:39:40  
Why has this devolved into a politics shitfest?

Take that crap to P&R, oh wait, some of you can't!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 19:51:15  
Hey man, we gotta make the day go by as fast as possible. Only 3 more hours!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 21:22:09  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Wait, I see the confusion.

You think that McConnell's bill is his own making. It's not. It's S.3554.

Yes, I had to use a Twitter feed of a Senate correspondence because the public record hasn't been updated yet, so I can't use that as evidence. But he was on the floor giving real-time updates as it occurs. I don't want to wait until tomorrow when the public record is updated....

The dems proposal is to add funds and other pork per the house bill I posted several pages ago. Which, for some reason, you refuse to acknowledge.

Yes, my sources state only parts of the bill. Because, guess what, that's the newsworthy parts. Remember, media goes for the biggest drama, which in this case: Dems block more funding for PPP!

But hey, you only pay attention to the headlines, so yeah....
If I can make 1 request, please stop calling the crap the Dems add to Bills "pork." Pork is delicious and nutritious. Call is something disgusting and toxic, like "soy."
To be fair, it is a common term for this type of situation, and it isn’t just dems who are guilty of it.

We could call it crap though
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-04-09 22:44:11  
Hey man, we gotta make the day go by as fast as possible. Only 3 more hours!
Sucks to be on an off coast, 15 minutes here, sucka.
 Asura.Kirasara
By Asura.Kirasara 2020-04-10 00:49:48  
Michigan gets another 17 days of Stay At Home (Was originally set to expire at 11:59 pm EDT Tuesday April 13th). Now it ends at 11:59pm EDT April 30th.

Also #3 in Cases and Deaths now, only behind New York and New Jersey... pretty sad
[+]
By Voren 2020-04-10 01:12:14  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Voren said: »
Off topic:

Yeah, we have never been worried about retaining the House and beating Trump this November.

There's enough moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans that are disillusioned with the Democratic party and their impeachment stunt with subsequent loss of the trial that those who want to see Democrats keep the House should be worried.

Trump won 2020 months ago. If he loses, honestly, I'll actually be shocked. We'll be trading a narcissist for a dementia patient, so it'll be just as fun watching Biden get riled up as it is Trump.

It's best to just prepare for the next 4 years and look to 2024.

On topic:

Some of the towns in Oklahoma have made wearing face masks mandatory for being in public. I'm laughing at people wearing gloves and masks, touching things, and then scratching their face (nose, and eyes mainly) while wearing those same gloves. Genius.
Wouldn't wearing a mask remind you to not touch your face? I know it works that way for me.

Have you seen the Netflix mini doc Tiger King? Yeah, that dude's from Oklahoma. He had 19% of the vote for governor in 2018. Oklahoma is hovering between 47~49th place in education in the US.

So, no it doesn't remind them to not touch their face because they believe that germs don't stick to the gloves.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2020-04-10 03:14:13  
Saed1001 said: »
Any source ive seen stated that Oklahoma was 39th K-12 and 29th for higher edication.

My apologies, I was still going off of the 2017 Tulsa World's article, but I'll give it 34~47 depending on the source you "trust".

Quote:
As for you not knowing the differnce of ten shows you must be from one those states that fudge the numbers and vote in trash like the terminator, McCain or Bloomberg.

LOL, yeah because no one from Oklahoma could possibly not be lobster red. Grow up and get a clue kid. Edmond Sun is not a paper you'd want to quote, but since I was using the Tulsa squirrel I suppose we're even. I'm guessing you're not from Oklahoma or you'd know better.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-10 03:22:55  
Any source ive seen stated that Oklahoma was 39th K-12 and 29th for higher edication.

Then you have to question the education level of someone who didnt question the study..
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2020-04-10 07:04:49  
Which one was that for? I'm legitimately curious as to the similarities between whatever the left pic refers to in relation to HC.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-10 12:08:43  
Voren said: »
Which one was that for? I'm legitimately curious as to the similarities between whatever the left pic refers to in relation to HC.
I think he is showing the differences in reactions if certain people pushed certain drugs to combat this disease.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-04-10 12:15:52  
When people citing their sources, they tend to use bias sources according their own preferences.

BTW, The economist (the stuff I read) is supposed to be Center-Left but I think they put it to the Right because it's leaning towards businesses.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Voren 2020-04-10 12:49:25  
So the tulsa world a news paper did a study on the education levels on each statae. Interesting. Now why dont you raise your IQ up a few notches to 90 and inform me who the newspaper was quoting.
I am from Oklahoma. We dont make good parrots, but we do make good free thinkers.
I didnt state that everyone here was red as lobster. Where do you think democrata run after their intelligence voting and policies turn their city and state into an unlivible nightmare?
Next..

Never mind, I stand corrected, you are in fact from Oklahoma, more than likely Salisaw area. Free thinkers, lmao, Jim Inhofe has successfully ran on the platform of “God, guns, and gays” (quoting him) for over 20 years, so please tell me how all of my fellow Oklahomans are such free thinkers.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-04-10 16:31:01  
kireek said: »
I don't know who made that but it's really not all that accurate, it also depends on exactly how they are calculating any bias. Each outlet has opinion sections and news sections.

CNN, Time, the Guardian and the BBC are not neutral when taken as a whole.

This one seems more accurate, aside from the bbc which is more to the left these days.

I don't think that list is accurate either but close. It looks similar to mine but don't separate facts vs opinions.

The Economist is center left. I read often since college it so I know. They have really clear stance in their opinion and they acknowledge it. However, they are closer to analysis pieces than actual news reports. Their attempt that removing the reporter and do everything in one single neutral voice makes the paper more distant and analytical.

NPR is a little left leaning too. Not too much but I do feel they have the tendency to have a left leaning opinion when they aren't reporting facts. Or maybe I just listen to their radio programs.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-10 18:00:22  
WE'RE NUMBER 1!!!

The USA now has more corona virus cases than the rest of the world!

And Trump wants to open the country up on May day!

Good thing its really up to the states.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 129 130 131