Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 09:13:26  
kireek said: »
Also for any Trump supporters / Republicans, if the Democrats win in 2020 they will do anything they can to try and destroy Trump (legally or any other way), destroy his companies, damage his family and/or any republicans at all actually (voters or politicians) that they can as an act of revenge.
Normally, I would disagree with you on this point, but there has been too many politicians in the House and Senate who promised an investigation into the Trump family after he leaves office.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-09 09:15:34  
Voren said: »
Off topic:

Viciouss said: »
Yeah, we have never been worried about retaining the House and beating Trump this November.

There's enough moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans that are disillusioned with the Democratic party and their impeachment stunt with subsequent loss of the trial that those who want to see Democrats keep the House should be worried.

Trump won 2020 months ago. If he loses, honestly, I'll actually be shocked. We'll be trading a narcissist for a dementia patient, so it'll be just as fun watching Biden get riled up as it is Trump.

It's best to just prepare for the next 4 years and look to 2024.

On topic:

Some of the towns in Oklahoma have made wearing face masks mandatory for being in public. I'm laughing at people wearing gloves and masks, touching things, and then scratching their face (nose, and eyes mainly) while wearing those same gloves. Genius.
Wouldn't wearing a mask remind you to not touch your face? I know it works that way for me.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-09 09:21:54  
Ashleyz said: »
I live in Seattle and the liberal (Democrat) agenda has gone full potato. You can legally take a dump on the sidewalk and the police have been instructed to ignore it. Just last week I had to instruct my children to look straight because a homeless person was taking a dump between the highway and the highway on ramp. Just two weeks ago I had to tell my children not to look as a two homeless people shot up drugs into their veins. The mayor and city council have okayed a person to possess a personal quantity of heroine, meth, crack, coke, etc in the city of Seattle. I can't imagine how much Covid is being spread among this segment of the population.
Google "Seattle Poop Map." It's terrifying.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 09:34:24  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Seattle Poop Map.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 11:39:45  
More PPP funding is being delayed. Democrats want more stuff in the bill. Like everything that was removed from the CARES bill the first time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 11:54:59  
Caerda said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
More PPP funding is being delayed. Democrats want more stuff in the bill. Like everything that was removed from the CARES bill the first time.

Yep that's why its dead in the water. They think people are blind, well Vic is... but yeah it isn't going anywhere with that pork included and they know it. Like I said it is going to cost them the House when midterm elections come up.
Presidential elections. This is a presidential year.

But yeah. What they are doing is filibustering the current bill and making demands that they put their pork in. Sure, they are sugar coating it with more money for hospitals and states, but the bill as it stands already has money going to hospitals and states.

So, their PR tactic is: Republicans do not want to give money to hospitals/states/local businesses. Even though it's the Dems (Schumer, Pelosi, and even the author of the bill, Cardin) who are not allowing the bill to go forward....

It's all a PR stunt.

Edit: Bill currently stands to have $100b going to hospitals, $150b going to states/local governments. Dems are demanding that those numbers are doubled.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 12:00:49  
Moscow Mitch once again brought a partisan bill up to a vote before it was ready. Stop trying to shut out/jam the Dems and write a bipartisan bill. Enough with the stunts Mitch.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 12:02:28  
Edit: Bill currently stands to have $100b going to hospitals, $150b going to states/local governments. Dems are demanding that those numbers are doubled.

Pretty sure you are citing the Dem bill that Cardin wrote that Moscow Mitch blocked. That bill has 250b for PPP, 150b for states, and 100b for hospitals. Moscow Mitch's proposal just had the PPP. The number the Dems are at is 500b, not 1T.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-09 12:02:28  
I really do hope that if at least one positive thing can happen from all of this, it will be that populations finally see what practicing politics is all about, and that they quit tolerating it.

Problem being that this way of doing things and the systems in place to keep feeding the machine are so massive, it would require radical changes in order to make a difference.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 12:21:36  

Pretty sure you are citing the Dem bill that Cardin wrote that Moscow Mitch blocked. That bill has 250b for PPP, 150b for states, and 100b for hospitals. Moscow Mitch's proposal just had the PPP. The number the Dems are at is 500b, not 1T.
Remember that bill you said didn't exist?

It's in the bill itself, the dems want it doubled....
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-09 12:22:29  
UPDATE (April 9): Nevada Health Response reported 2,456 positive coronavirus cases in the state Thursday morning.

Gov. Steve Sisolak announced 81 deaths in the state Wednesday night. Nevada Health Response still reported 80 deaths in the state on Thursday morning.

That's over 200 more confirmed, and 9 more deaths, in a day... Laws of multiplicity tell me that much more are infected, just based on how many people the 2400+ have already come into contact with before being tested.

I am not sure if Vegas has some of those optional testing site open or not, but most of those cases I doubt were caught early on in the infection period of each person's case.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 12:30:40  

That's the House Bill. Not the Senate Bill Moscow Mitch blocked today. Again, the number the Dems are at is 500B. The number Moscow Mitch is at is 250b, entirely for PPP.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 12:41:36  

That's the House Bill. Not the Senate Bill Moscow Mitch blocked today. Again, the number the Dems are at is 500B. The number Moscow Mitch is at is 250b, entirely for PPP.
...you do know how appropriations bills are passed, right?

And, yes, you are right that PPP is in the draft and is $250b. Strange that the current appropriations bill in the Senate is almost $1t. Especially if PPP is, as you assert, the only thing in the draft. It's almost like you get your information from biased opinion sources and don't read the original source material....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 12:43:34  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
I really do hope that if at least one positive thing can happen from all of this, it will be that populations finally see what practicing politics is all about, and that they quit tolerating it.

Problem being that this way of doing things and the systems in place to keep feeding the machine are so massive, it would require radical changes in order to make a difference.
We all know it won't happen. If anything, we will be even more polarized than before.

I do hope that we take out some of our medical manufacturers out of China at least.

But we all know of at least 1 that will stay. 3M shows no loyalty towards the US.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 12:46:06  
This isn't hard at all, why don't you just Google what happened in the Senate today? It's all over the news, Senate blocks dueling proposals.

Moscow Mitch did NOT bring a Democrat written bill to a vote today. His very narrow proposal only had 250B for PPP, that's it. Cardin blocked it, and offered his own 500B proposal, Moscow Mitch objected.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 12:54:55  
This isn't hard at all, why don't you just Google what happened in the Senate today? It's all over the news, Senate blocks dueling proposals.

Moscow Mitch did NOT bring a Democrat written bill to a vote today. His very narrow proposal only had 250B for PPP, that's it. Cardin blocked it, and offered his own 500B proposal, Moscow Mitch objected.
Actually, Cardin's bill (the one that he authored the original nearly $1t, the one that he blocked) was only blocked for unanimous vote procedure. What that means is that it goes to a full yes/no vote next week. Highly likely to be filibustered next week. Edit: Debated then voted on. Unanimous votes just fast-tracks bills that need to be passed quickly.

Schumer's additional $500b+ bill, the one that McConnell didn't allow on the floor, that will not see the light of day. Which is why Schumer, along with Pelosi (even though she has no real power of the Senate, the dems in the Senate almost always follow her like sheep), are calling for a filibuster.

This is politics, and if you don't understand it (which, by the way, you are showing lack of understanding), then you will keep repeating the liberal line.

But let me ask you this: How is this Trump's fault now?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 12:57:22  
Caerda said: »

...you do know how appropriations bills are passed, right?

And, yes, you are right that PPP is in the draft and is $250b. Strange that the current appropriations bill in the Senate is almost $1t. Especially if PPP is, as you assert, the only thing in the draft. It's almost like you get your information from biased opinion sources and don't read the original source material....

He has no clue. His last post just showed that. Either way he probably couldn't figure out the page index of the bill.

Green deal in there. Also some good pork for company stock increases for large corporations lol. That's not at all lobbied...
It's not all just pork for lobbies. There's some Federal Union shenanigans going on there too.

Hell, Division P of the bill is full of it. No appropriations, just more unneeded legislation that should be on it's own. Hell, Section 160003 is basically giving Trump the finger.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 13:07:02  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
UPDATE (April 9):
Texas has a good website for stuff like this.

My county has 46 cases so far.

Plus, the map looks like we are playing Missile Command.

By Viciouss 2020-04-09 13:07:18  

Actually, Cardin's bill (the one that he authored the original nearly $1t, the one that he blocked) was only blocked for unanimous vote procedure. What that means is that it goes to a full yes/no vote next week. Highly likely to be filibustered next week. Edit: Debated then voted on. Unanimous votes just fast-tracks bills that need to be passed quickly.

Schumer's additional $500b+ bill, the one that McConnell didn't allow on the floor, that will not see the light of day. Which is why Schumer, along with Pelosi (even though she has no real power of the Senate, the dems in the Senate almost always follow her like sheep), are calling for a filibuster.

This is politics, and if you don't understand it (which, by the way, you are showing lack of understanding), then you will keep repeating the liberal line.

Post any source that proves your sequence of events happened today. You and your little pet Caerda are just making ***up. There is no way Cardin blocked a bill he wrote today, nor is there any way in hell Moscow Mitch asked for passage of a Democrat written bill. The bill Moscow Mitch asked for didn't come close to 1T.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 13:13:13  

Post any source that proves your sequence of events happened today. You and your little pet Caerda are just making ***up. There is no way Cardin blocked a bill he wrote today, nor is there any way in hell Moscow Mitch asked for passage of a Democrat written bill. The bill Moscow Mitch asked for didn't come close to 1T.
Source 1

Quote:
On Thursday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) attempt to pump another $250 billion into the program via unanimous consent was blocked by Democrats, who are proposing an alternative that includes billions more for hospitals and states.

Source 2

Quote:
Democrats blocked an urgent small-business relief package Thursday after Republicans ignored their demand to double the funding and increase the scope of the legislation.

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, responding to a request from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, hoped to pass a bill quickly to replenish a small-business aid program with an infusion of $250 billion in federal funding.

There's a couple of sources. Mind you, they are focusing on the part for the small businesses though, since that's the newsworthy part and the part of contention.

And, unlike your sources, they aren't opinion pieces.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, you wanted proof that Cardin wrote this bill:

It's on record, but it's not uploaded yet, mainly because it's not technically on the floor until next week. But it's S.3554.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 13:20:24  
Thank you for proving me correct, this is literally what I have been saying all morning. The number that Moscow Mitch was at was 250B, and the number that the Dems were at is 500B.

Literally my 2nd post. Cardin did not block his own bill. Moscow Mitch blocked Cardin's proposal.

Edit- Had to clarify, Cardin did NOT block his own bill

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 13:26:59  
lolcaerda.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 13:28:02  
I did not prove you correct, you are just refusing to read the sources.

Listen, I get it, you hate being proven wrong most of the time, but that's ok. That is how you learn.

Let me ask you this: Did Cardin object to the unanimous vote to fast-track the bill? Can you answer that question truthfully?

Better question: Do you know how the Senate operate? Do you know about the procedures involving unanimous vote in regards to fast-tracking bills for passage? Do you know what 1 dissenting voice can do to stop the fast-track of a bill? Do you know what that 1 person is doing when they vote against fast-tracking the bill?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 13:31:38  
Don't bother Caerda.

You know what they say about leading a horse to water....
 Lakshmi.Leosin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-04-09 13:37:20  
I do hope that we take out some of our medical manufacturers out of China at least.

Cannot agree with this more.
At the very best (never going to happen, but can dream) would be to get every single company with labor dependency on Chinese manufacturing out of China.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 129 130 131