Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-08 18:38:34  
Viciouss said: »
Also, there is no bill, so you can't say there is what you believe is "pork" when there isn't an actual bill.
Wait, what is that? No bill? /youdon'tsay.meme

Dems wanting PPP, money for frontline hospitals, and more money for food stamps is not "pork." Thats money going directly to people that need it. If you disagree, feel free to point out what you think is the "pork" in whats being discussed right now.
Let's see here:

From page 1431-1432 said:
SEC. 199998. AIRCRAFT GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSION
22 STANDARDS.
23 (a) IN GENERAL.—Not later than 18 months after
24 the date of enactment of this Act, the Administrator of
25 the Environmental Protection Agency shall promulgate
final regulations establishing emission standards for emis2 sions of greenhouse gases from both new and in-service
3 aircraft pursuant to section 231 of the Clean Air Act (42
4 U.S.C. 7571).
5 (b) SOLICITING COMMENTS.—In proposing such reg6 ulations, the Administrator of the Environmental Protec7 tion Agency shall solicit comments on—
8 (1) the minimum greenhouse gas emission
9 standards established by the International Civil
10 Aviation Organization; and
11 (2) relative to such minimum standards, green12 house gas emission standards that would achieve
13 greater reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.

From page 1416-1417 said:
SEC. 199993. DELAY OF STRATEGIC PETROLEUM RESERVE
4 SALE.
5 (a) BIPARTISAN BUDGET ACT OF 2015.—Section
6 404 of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 (42 U.S.C.
7 6239 note) is amended—
8 (1) in subsection (e), by striking ‘‘2020’’ and
9 inserting ‘‘2022’’; and
10 (2) in subsection (g), by striking ‘‘2020’’ and
11 inserting ‘‘2022’’.
12 (b) FURTHER CONSOLIDATED APPROPRIATIONS ACT,
13 2020.—Title III of division C of the Further Consolidated
14 Appropriations Act, 2020 (Public Law 116–94) is amend15 ed in the matter under the heading ‘‘Department of En16 ergy—Energy Programs—Strategic Petroleum Reserve’’
17 by striking ‘‘Provided, That’’ and all that follows through
18 the period at the end and inserting the following: ‘‘Pro19 vided, That, as authorized by section 404 of the Bipar20 tisan Budget Act of 2015 (Public Law 114–74; 42 U.S.C.
21 6239 note), the Secretary of Energy shall draw down and
22 sell not to exceed a total of $450,000,000 of crude oil from
23 the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in fiscal year 2020, fiscal
24 year 2021, or fiscal year 2022: Provided further, That the
25 proceeds from such drawdown and sale shall be deposited
into the ‘Energy Security and Infrastructure Moderniza2 tion Fund’ during the fiscal year in which the sale occurs
3 and shall be made available in such fiscal year, to remain
4 available until expended, for necessary expenses to carry
5 out the Life Extension II project for the Strategic Petro6 leum Reserve.’’.

Those are just 2 of the bits of "pork" I found easily.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-08 18:47:17  
Well keep looking, because the first one doesn't spend money, and the second one looks like they are replenishing the SPR? Which given the state of the oil market, it might be the best time ever to do that. You are going to have to do a lot better.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-08 18:51:57  
Actually, I showed pork from both sides of the aisle.

The first one is for AOC. The second one is for Kelly Armstrong.

But you are going to deny it anyway. These pieces of legislation should not be in an appropriations bill at all. You said so yourself, they aren't costing any money. But that's not the point of these legislation addons.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-08 18:52:12  
The point is, none of it should be bloating a crisis bill. Period. That ***should be standing alone on the floor on its own merits. But not right now.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-08 18:53:00  
But I bet you will deny that it's pork just to feel like you won an argument with me.

Doesn't make you right though. Feels do not trump facts.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-08 18:57:04  
The reason, even during normal times, that crap like that doesn't get its own bill, is because it would never pass. ***from either side. It's a few politicians personal pet projects, they use them as bargaining chips. It's a *** system that needs to go away, and I highly doubt the founders intended the distortion it has become.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-08 18:58:16  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
The reason, even during normal times, that crap like that doesn't get its own bill, is because it would never pass. ***from either side. It's a few politicians personal pet projects, they use them as bargaining chips. It's a *** system that needs to go away, and I highly doubt the founders intended the distortion it has become.
Either that or create a pork bill once every 2 years, towards the end of session after the election.

They do that anyway. Might as well pork it up then.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-08 18:59:08  
Also term *** limits.

The endless cycle of these *** arguing the same ***over and over, and continuously passing laws of extreme *** caliber requiring vast amounts of man power just to keep the house of cards from collapsing is exhausting. Even more exhausting is the "we must take sides" stubbornness game that the people have been tricked into playing, put down the tribalism, erase the borders. Wake up!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-08 19:07:55  
Also term *** limits.

The endless cycle of these *** arguing the same ***over and over, and continuously passing laws of extreme *** caliber requiring vast amounts of man power just to keep the house of cards from collapsing is exhausting. Even more exhausting is the "we must take sides" stubbornness game that the people have been tricked into playing, put down the tribalism, erase the borders. Wake up!

At the very least, age limits.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-08 20:05:22  
People of all ages should be able to represent their interests just as much as young people. 2 terms consecutive or not, that should be the limit. When you are young maybe you do one term, for issues that concern you. Later on in life, maybe another term, again for things that affect you.

The problem is, sticking it out for life, not bringing fresh thoughts to the the table, just dig in and keep being a thorn in the side of the people just to get your petty *** way.

Anyone running in that race longer than a decade is so far out of touch on what really is needed, they are addicted to power at that point, they wont give it up, and they wont try anything new.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-08 20:10:59  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
From page 1431-1432 said:
SEC. 199998. AIRCRAFT GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSION
22 STANDARDS.
23 (a) IN GENERAL.—Not later than 18 months after
24 the date of enactment of this Act, the Administrator of
25 the Environmental Protection Agency shall promulgate
final regulations establishing emission standards for emis2 sions of greenhouse gases from both new and in-service
3 aircraft pursuant to section 231 of the Clean Air Act (42
4 U.S.C. 7571).
5 (b) SOLICITING COMMENTS.—In proposing such reg6 ulations, the Administrator of the Environmental Protec7 tion Agency shall solicit comments on—
8 (1) the minimum greenhouse gas emission
9 standards established by the International Civil
10 Aviation Organization; and
11 (2) relative to such minimum standards, green12 house gas emission standards that would achieve
13 greater reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.

From page 1416-1417 said:
SEC. 199993. DELAY OF STRATEGIC PETROLEUM RESERVE
4 SALE.
5 (a) BIPARTISAN BUDGET ACT OF 2015.—Section
6 404 of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015 (42 U.S.C.
7 6239 note) is amended—
8 (1) in subsection (e), by striking ‘‘2020’’ and
9 inserting ‘‘2022’’; and
10 (2) in subsection (g), by striking ‘‘2020’’ and
11 inserting ‘‘2022’’.
12 (b) FURTHER CONSOLIDATED APPROPRIATIONS ACT,
13 2020.—Title III of division C of the Further Consolidated
14 Appropriations Act, 2020 (Public Law 116–94) is amend15 ed in the matter under the heading ‘‘Department of En16 ergy—Energy Programs—Strategic Petroleum Reserve’’
17 by striking ‘‘Provided, That’’ and all that follows through
18 the period at the end and inserting the following: ‘‘Pro19 vided, That, as authorized by section 404 of the Bipar20 tisan Budget Act of 2015 (Public Law 114–74; 42 U.S.C.
21 6239 note), the Secretary of Energy shall draw down and
22 sell not to exceed a total of $450,000,000 of crude oil from
23 the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in fiscal year 2020, fiscal
24 year 2021, or fiscal year 2022: Provided further, That the
25 proceeds from such drawdown and sale shall be deposited
into the ‘Energy Security and Infrastructure Moderniza2 tion Fund’ during the fiscal year in which the sale occurs
3 and shall be made available in such fiscal year, to remain
4 available until expended, for necessary expenses to carry
5 out the Life Extension II project for the Strategic Petro6 leum Reserve.’’.

Those are just 2 of the bits of "pork" I found easily.

Neither of these will fix *** all for the corona virus, each of them even seems to contradict the goal of the other and both are crammed into the same *** bill. Why is this the kind of ***that is so important to fight for tooth and nail, while people are soon facing homelessness, poverty, and a growing sickness?

I'll tell you why, and you won't find the answer in that convoluted mess they call laws. One reason, they have skin in the game, there is profit and money riding on both of those amendments behind the scenes, you would be naive to think otherwise. A second motivation, it's an opening into more power and control. The way those are worded is so *** confusing, they can spin it to mean whatever the *** they want it to mean. They can justify further tweeks and their existence down the road.

It's all a shell game, the only people allowed to win are the ones exclusively holding the rights to keep rewriting the rules in their favor.

It's a farce if ever there is one.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-08 20:19:18  
Neither of these will fix *** all for the corona virus, each of them even seems to contradict the goal of the other and both are crammed into the same *** bill. Why is this the kind of ***that is so important to fight for tooth and nail, while people are soon facing homelessness, poverty, and a growing sickness?

So much this. Is it so freaking hard to just keep the corona-related stuff to its own bill so that it can pass more quickly and easily and without all the political posturing?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-04-08 20:47:56  
It's a farce if ever there is one.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-08 21:21:01  
I am just waiting for Vic to say that bill doesn’t exist.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-08 21:29:13  
Now now, he is a sensitive one there.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-08 21:41:13  
I am just waiting for Vic to say that bill doesn’t exist.

Those are just examples too, there are probably dozens of non-relevant amendments from both sides in the damn thing.

That bill, is just one example of the countless others they continue to pass non-stop with the exact same kinds of irrelevant ***in them also.

This kind of back door, you scratch my back I scratch yours mentality, lawmaking is disgusting.

But yea, keep arguing til you are blue in the face that your team is better than the other. Keep denying that nothing of value is getting done, and the only reason that things get blocked is because the other side is preventing it, because that is what your side told you.

It's *** sad to see this outcome when the intent was completely opposite.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-08 21:44:15  

lol, not at all. Caerda is just mad, thats all. He hasn't said anything remotely accurate. Its been pretty amusing to watch you guys cry tho.
By Viciouss 2020-04-08 21:44:30  
Caerda said: »
He's about as informed as Cheg is at being amazing on Geo.

He probably jerks off to a poster of Pelosi while watching CNN.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-08 21:51:33  

lol, not at all. Caerda is just mad, thats all. He hasn't said anything remotely accurate. Its been pretty amusing to watch you guys cry tho.

I don't see you quoting any relevant data to rebuttal. 90% of this thread is ***talking each other. No one is changing their minds, no one will even open up enough to something that contradicts long held biased political brainwashing.

Hint hint, both sides want people fighting over stupid ***, they want the conflict, because it secures their hold on the masses, that's the game, yall are pawns.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-08 22:28:50  

Look forward to hearing you cry when the Dem's lose the House and Trump destroys Biden in November.

Yeah, we have never been worried about retaining the House and beating Trump this November. Like I said, you have been very amusing with your fantasies.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-08 22:50:21  

Look forward to hearing you cry when the Dem's lose the House and Trump destroys Biden in November.

Yeah, we have never been worried about retaining the House and beating Trump this November. Like I said, you have been very amusing with your fantasies.

Yawn.
My team > your team.... Prove me wrong, I'll allow it, but I won't care or listen, cuz my team said nuh uh you!

MY team captain knows better than yours where the goal line should be. You had your chance to make up the rules, now it's our turn, hur deh derp.

Meanwhile D.C. (one of the biggest crime capitols of the world) pulls your strings.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-09 00:56:07  
The Nevada Department of Health and Human Services was reporting 2,216 positive test results for coronavirus as of Wednesday morning, with 71 deaths statewide.

Not slowing down even in a low population state like mine.
By Voren 2020-04-09 03:19:40  
Off topic:

Yeah, we have never been worried about retaining the House and beating Trump this November.

There's enough moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans that are disillusioned with the Democratic party and their impeachment stunt with subsequent loss of the trial that those who want to see Democrats keep the House should be worried.

Trump won 2020 months ago. If he loses, honestly, I'll actually be shocked. We'll be trading a narcissist for a dementia patient, so it'll be just as fun watching Biden get riled up as it is Trump.

It's best to just prepare for the next 4 years and look to 2024.

On topic:

Some of the towns in Oklahoma have made wearing face masks mandatory for being in public. I'm laughing at people wearing gloves and masks, touching things, and then scratching their face (nose, and eyes mainly) while wearing those same gloves. Genius.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ashleyz 2020-04-09 05:33:04  
I live in Seattle and the liberal (Democrat) agenda has gone full potato. You can legally take a dump on the sidewalk and the police have been instructed to ignore it. Just last week I had to instruct my children to look straight because a homeless person was taking a dump between the highway and the highway on ramp. Just two weeks ago I had to tell my children not to look as a two homeless people shot up drugs into their veins. The mayor and city council have okayed a person to possess a personal quantity of heroine, meth, crack, coke, etc in the city of Seattle. I can't imagine how much Covid is being spread among this segment of the population.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-04-09 07:28:19  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-09 09:11:36  

The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 129 130 131