Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 129 130 131
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 13:37:56  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I did not prove you correct, you are just refusing to read the sources.

Listen, I get it, you hate being proven wrong most of the time, but that's ok. That is how you learn.

Let me ask you this: Did Cardin object to the unanimous vote to fast-track the bill? Can you answer that question truthfully?

Better question: Do you know how the Senate operate? Do you know about the procedures involving unanimous vote in regards to fast-tracking bills for passage? Do you know what 1 dissenting voice can do to stop the fast-track of a bill? Do you know what that 1 person is doing when they vote against fast-tracking the bill?

Yes, I know all of those things. And Yes, Cardin stopped the McConnell bill, that per your source, and I'll quote it:

Quote:
Before the Paycheck Protection Program formally launched last Friday, we knew two things: The rollout would be rocky, and the initial $350 billion wouldn't be enough for America's small businesses.

The state of play: Banks and government officials have been working to smooth out the process. On Thursday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) attempt to pump another $250 billion into the program via unanimous consent was blocked by Democrats,

Only included money for PPP. Nothing else, per your source. So this statement:

Edit: Bill currently stands to have $100b going to hospitals, $150b going to states/local governments. Dems are demanding that those numbers are doubled.

is wrong. Moscow Mitch's proposal, did not include any money for states or hospitals. Its just PPP, per your source.

That proposal, and I'll quote your source again:
Quote:
Democrats, who are proposing an alternative that includes billions more for hospitals and states.

McConnell subsequently blocked the Democrats' proposal to pass their bill by unanimous consent as well, and the Senate adjourned until Monday.

has been brought forth by the Democrats. And it was blocked by McConnell, again, quoted above, per your source. Right now, the only proposal that included any money for states and hospitals, was brought forward by the Dems, and Moscow Mitch blocked it.

Edit: Adding one more quote:

Quote:
Senate Democrats' alternative also includes new money for hospitals, state and local governments, SNAP benefits, and community-based financial institutions that otherwise are unable to participate in PPP.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 13:39:33  
Caerda said: »
Vic go back to jerking off to CNN man, your posts today has made everyone on the site dumber for viewing them.

awwwwwwwwww
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 13:53:01  
Wait, I see the confusion.

You think that McConnell's bill is his own making. It's not. It's S.3554.

Yes, I had to use a Twitter feed of a Senate correspondence because the public record hasn't been updated yet, so I can't use that as evidence. But he was on the floor giving real-time updates as it occurs. I don't want to wait until tomorrow when the public record is updated....

The dems proposal is to add funds and other pork per the house bill I posted several pages ago. Which, for some reason, you refuse to acknowledge.

Yes, my sources state only parts of the bill. Because, guess what, that's the newsworthy parts. Remember, media goes for the biggest drama, which in this case: Dems block more funding for PPP!

But hey, you only pay attention to the headlines, so yeah....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 13:55:45  
But seriously, there is no reasoning with you.

You will latch on anything you can, and ignore everything else.

By all means, go for it. I already shown my sources. I know that talking to you is akin of bashing my head against the wall. At least that's more productive, because eventually something will happen.

But with you, you think you are perfect and are never wrong. Go ahead, keep dreaming.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 14:01:39  
lol, there is no confusion. You are just ignoring your own sources. Moscow Mitch wanted an incredibly narrow bill that only gave 250b to PPP, the Dems want that money, and additionally 250b for States and hospitals. Your source clearly backs that up, but now your disputing it? Lol, ok.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 14:13:15  
Edit: why bother anymore. This argument is going nowhere, and no amount of evidence will ever change your mind.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 14:17:02  
Edit: why bother anymore. This argument is going nowhere, and no amount of evidence will ever change your mind.

Certainly not when all of your "evidence" backs up everything I have said and nothing you have said. And certainly not when Moscow Mitch's own words back up what I am saying and not what your saying. But hey, you have gotten a new pet in Caerda. Make sure to feed him.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 14:26:59  
Caerda said: »
I've been making an *** out of you Vic before King even joined the conversation. Nice try though.

Lol, nah, not even close. You've done nothing. Today has been an easy day, h
Hell, I even have Moscow Mitch's Twitter feed backing me up. He was kind enough to directly state his intentions that you and your master are for some reason trying to dispute.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 14:27:23  
Viciouss said: »

Certainly not when all of your "evidence" backs up everything I have said and nothing you have said. And certainly not when Moscow Mitch's own words back up what I am saying and not what your saying. But hey, you have gotten a new pet in Caerda. Make sure to feed him.
According to you:

That's why it's hard to talk to you. You twist everything into your own perspective. That is why, over the decades you and I have sparred against each other, I always say that you live in your own little world.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 14:28:24  
Hell, I even have Moscow Mitch's Twitter feed backing me up.
It's Show and Tell time.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 14:29:30  

According to you:

That's why it's hard to talk to you. You twist everything into your own perspective. That is why, over the decades you and I have sparred against each other, I always say that you live in your own little world.

And you have always been wrong about it. I've twisted nothing today. Moscow Mitch clearly stated his intent, and your making ***up to dispute it, while posting sources to prove me right. My first post today remains correct. Mitch was at 250b for PPP, the Dems wanted that and more, bringing the total to 500B.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-09 14:29:48  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
The point is, none of it should be bloating a crisis bill. Period. That ***should be standing alone on the floor on its own merits. But not right now.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 14:30:37  
Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
I do hope that we take out some of our medical manufacturers out of China at least.

Cannot agree with this more.
At the very best (never going to happen, but can dream) would be to get every single company with labor dependency on Chinese manufacturing out of China.
Oh ***, I'm sorry, I missed this out of the Vicfest.

Yes, I hope we do take out all of our businesses out of China. To be honest, there was a growing number of businesses already coming out of China before this crisis. I hope this will get more out faster.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 14:31:34  
Hell, I even have Moscow Mitch's Twitter feed backing me up.
It's Show and Tell time.

Sure, no problem.

He clearly says its just standalone funding for PPP. After the vote failed today, he told reporters he just wanted to change one number. The rest can be "later." The rest being state and hospital funding.

Edit:

Quote:
Tomorrow morning, I’ll ask unanimous consent to pass standalone emergency funding for the hugely popular Paycheck Protection Program that is saving small-business jobs as we speak. As the rest of the CARES Act continues to come online, this key part is already low on funds.
7:17 PM · Apr 8, 2020·Twitter Web App
19h
Replying to
@senatemajldr
Nobody thinks tomorrow will be the Senate’s last word on COVID-19. Other crucial parts of the CARES Act, like its historic funds for hospitals and healthcare providers, are still coming online and have not yet been exhausted. The PPP is where the lights are already flashing red.
Leader McConnell
@senatemajldr
·
19h
If we want to act fast, Congress has to focus. There is no realistic chance that another sprawling bill which allocates half a trillion dollars to a number of priorities, even important ones, will be able to pass the Senate or the House by unanimous consent this week.
Leader McConnell
@senatemajldr
·
19h
Ten million Americans were laid off in just the last two weeks. Tomorrow morning will likely bring another historic unemployment figure. This is urgent. If Senators delay this urgent paycheck support to insist on a broader bill, more Americans will lose their jobs unnecessarily.
Leader McConnell
@senatemajldr
·
19h
I hope none of my colleagues object to my request for these urgently-needed funds. There is no reason why this bipartisan job-saving program should be held hostage for other priorities. Let's re-fund the only program that's already running dry and keep moving forward together.

Its pretty obvious he just wants PPP funding.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 14:32:47  
The point is, none of it should be bloating a crisis bill. Period. That ***should be standing alone on the floor on its own merits. But not right now.
Yes, 100% right.

Also: @ Vic

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-09 14:39:32  
And get this, if those big 3 are so important, why don't they make 3 sperate bills, so that way at least once the finally pull their heads out of their *** and pick a number, zoom, that particular angle at least is moving forward, they can go back to bickering about the other 2 points, but at least the one is making some kind of headway at providing relief for people in crisis right now.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 14:41:56  
Have you realized that he is talking about S.3554 yet? You know, the one who Cardin co-authored. The one that Cardin blocked.

I'm willing to let you stop talking about it. No point in furthering this conversation showing your lack of knowledge.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 14:42:33  
And get this, if those big 3 are so important, why don't they make 3 sperate bills, so that way at least once the finally pull their heads out of their *** and pick a number, zoom, that particular angle at least is moving forward, they can go back to bickering about the other 2 points, but at least the one is making some kind of headway at providing relief for people in crisis right now.

Too much room for betrayal, especially with Trump being President. He could just get only what he wanted passed and veto everything else.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 14:44:23  
I think the biggest issue is how much spending is going on right now.

Yeah, PPP needs more funding, it's running out of money a lot quicker than anyone anticipated.

And I like the fact that funding PPP has bipartisan support.

I just wish they would pass that, then discuss/debate what the dems want, instead of delaying everything just because they want their ***now.
By Viciouss 2020-04-09 14:44:35  
Have you realized that he is talking about S.3554 yet? You know, the one who Cardin co-authored. The one that Cardin blocked.

I'm willing to let you stop talking about it. No point in furthering this conversation showing your lack of knowledge.

Good thing I don't need that to happen since I was just provided with yet another source proving my original statements correct. But I liked how you completely avoided that point.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 14:47:25  
kireek said: »
There is talk from Trump and others about defunding the World health organization and maybe even setting up a replacement, since this current one is obviously beholden to China.

Japan is also paying its companies to move out of China and either back to Japan or any other nation.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/japan-allocates-billions-to-pay-manufacturing-firms-to-leave-china

After this mess is over, a lot of other nations are gonna do similar actions and you know Trump is getting ready to pull some whupass out on them too.
Trump has been talking about it for days. It really depends on if it's snuck into an appropriations bill through a national emergency, like this, or if WHO decides to get rid of their head and replace it with somebody who is both competent and not a Chinese spokesperson.

As for Japan, I hope we do the same. That is money well spent.

My opinion is to stop allowing deductions for multinational companies for foreign expenses for taxes. That will bring home the bacon real quick.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 14:49:46  

Good thing I don't need that to happen since I was just provided with yet another source proving my original statements correct. But I liked how you completely avoided that point.
Why are you avoiding answering the question? Is it because either A) you don't know the answer or B) you don't want to admit that I'm right?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-09 15:06:01  
How come I feel like I'm playing Costello in a skit of "Who's on First?"?
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 129 130 131