PANic + EpiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » PANic + epiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!
PANic + epiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 30 31 32

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-23 15:16:32  
kireek said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
In the GOP senate bill there is a $500,000,000 slush fund, to be used at the discretion of the secretary of the treasury to bail out affected industries.

This slush fund carries no obligations for the bailed out entities and, by the way, includes "resorts" like our beloved president's golf clubs.

Nice, so remove that instead of adding a lot of other garbage?

Literally waiting on the Republicans. The corporate bailout is the biggest part of the bill, and we are waiting on the GOP to restrict buybacks. They are holding up the negotiations because they don't want the restrictions.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-23 15:29:10  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
They cannot vote remotely Vic. There is no constitutional mechanism for that.

That's interesting, it would be a nice opportunity to break the system (even further ... lol).

Would this mean if there's only 1 person present, they could impeach & remove from office a sitting president?

There are many ways to game the system in Congress, but fortunately there are procedures in place to prevent anything drastic like that.
By Viciouss 2020-03-23 15:39:44  
Team Trump struggles with made up 15 day deadline

This has always been a weird one to me. First the CDC said no public gatherings for 8 weeks. Sports leagues shut down. Businesses closed. Then a week later Trump makes up this 15 day scenario. His 15 days ends this Friday, does anyone see this just magically being over this week? Pretty sure thats a big fat no. Dr. Fauci, aka the expert in the WH, is still saying several weeks. State Governors have said hole up for weeks, I think Delaware said until May 1.

But Trump continues to pump up this Friday as being some kind of decision day. Everyone wants this to be over, but wishing it so isn't gonna make it happen.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-23 16:13:22  
Welp, just got the message that I’ll be working from home after all. Saves me the gas money, but I did enjoy a few weeks of being able to drive the speed limit all the way to work and back. Silver linings....
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By volkom 2020-03-23 17:36:35  
They cannot vote remotely Vic. There is no constitutional mechanism for that.

but we can do the census remotely
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-23 19:15:42  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Both sides are trying to stuff ***into this bill(s)

This is why are government is a *** joke.

Reps are trying to make the "stimulus" count against your 2021 tax returns, that's some extremely scummy ***.
You don't understand horse trading.

The republicans put bull**** asks in and when the dems want the BS asks out the repubs say "what will you give up?" So the dems have to put their own BS asks in to have something to horse trade.

The repubs are extremely scummy, yes, but this horse trading BS will go on regardless.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-23 19:20:40  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
As for "stock buybacks" Trump already said he was against that, they should just add that in and be done with it and move forward.
Not add all this off topic fluff.
1) Trump is a lying sack-o-***.
2) So what if he claims to be against corporate buybacks? Let him have that put into the bill, that any corporate bailouts are prohibited for buying stock, and can only be used to assist employees. He won't do that though, he actually loves corporate buybacks despite what he claims.
Apparently all your politicians are lying sacks of ***, just pick a flavor.
Occasionally we have an honest one. Last one I was aware of was Ed Muskie, the last senator who was NOT a millionaire when he retired (1980.) Also the first in quite some time.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-23 19:26:44  
In the GOP senate bill there is a $500,000,000 slush fund, to be used at the discretion of the secretary of the treasury to bail out affected industries.

This slush fund carries no obligations for the bailed out entities and, by the way, includes "resorts" like our beloved president's golf clubs.
Nice, so remove that instead of adding a lot of other garbage?
I misspoke. Its a $500 BILLION slush fund, not million.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-23 19:28:01  
DirectX said: »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52013361

Quote:
"They [Asian Americans] are working closely with us to get rid of it [virus]," he tweeted, leading some observers to take offence at the apparent dichotomy between Asian-Americans and "us".
Let that sink in for a minute Trump fanboys. I look forward to your irrational justifications for the use of 'they' and 'us' in the context of a racial group.
You are talking to the trumpettes? Their reason is not white = other.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-23 19:35:57  
I don't think they all think like that, but Rav will defend this way of talking about non white groups even if he doesn't think that way of them in everyday life because he cannot help himself.

kireek is a blatant xenophobe and I doubt he'd even deny it if asked

And Directx can't address a topic without talking crap about everyone else first because he craves the attention.
By Viciouss 2020-03-23 19:48:05  
Well they just officially announced shelter in place here, so, yay.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-23 19:50:07  
Viciouss said: »

If only FFVII-R actually released on 3/3 like it was supposed to....
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-23 20:05:43  
Ditto.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-23 20:09:48  
I don't think they all think like that, but Rav will defend this way of talking about non white groups even if he doesn't think that way of them in everyday life because he cannot help himself.

kireek is a blatant xenophobe and I doubt he'd even deny it if asked
No but....

Quote:
Trump fanboys...
What I call trumpettes, dancing in his chorus line.

That's not all of them. Just some.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-23 21:23:02  
As expected, the Dems and Mnuchin are closing in on a deal. Which is what Schumer has been saying all day while Moscow Mitch staged theatrics.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-23 21:35:59  
As expected, the Dems and Mnuchin are closing in on a deal. Which is what Schumer has been saying all day while Moscow Mitch staged theatrics.

Mnuchin doesn't speak for all Republicans, though. Sounds like another ploy to get one Rep on board and claim that when it dies it was a "bipartisan plan".
By Viciouss 2020-03-23 21:55:49  
Mnuchin speaks for the WH, think the GOP will defy Trump? You live in AZ now right? Maybe I can interest in some oceanfront property?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-23 22:05:48  
Mnuchin speaks for the WH, think the GOP will defy Trump? You live in AZ now right? Maybe I can interest in some oceanfront property?

Heh. According to you guys Arizona will be oceanfront property in a matter of years, so I'll bide my time.

But seriously, I don't think Mnuchin carries the mandate of the White House just because he's part of the team. What little I've heard from the Right's talking heads leads me to believe that there isn't a lot of faith in his ability to combat Pelosi's fantasies that will inevitably end up in the bill (and possibly tank it... again).
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2020-03-23 22:58:36  
In lieu of Fone... I'll try my hand at the Simpsons posts.

YouTube Video Placeholder

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-03-24 08:50:12  
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52013361

Quote:
"They [Asian Americans] are working closely with us to get rid of it [virus]," he tweeted, leading some observers to take offence at the apparent dichotomy between Asian-Americans and "us".

Let that sink in for a minute Trump fanboys. I look forward to your irrational justifications for the use of 'they' and 'us' in the context of a racial group.
There isn't anything to look into. This is just another example of Trump's racist and bigoted mind.
In Trump's world there are groups of people based on skin color.
White, regardless of ethnic background = us
Anything else = them.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 30 31 32