PANic + EpiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » PANic + epiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!
PANic + epiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-26 20:54:35  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Viciouss said: »
Cuomo has done a great job being brutally honest and taking ownership of the situation, as his state is drowning in this crisis. Its pretty remarkable how much he contrasts with Trump.

Interesting how some of the things that Trump has been saying are suddenly okay when coming out of the mouth of Cuomo.

"The coronavirus is the new Democratic hoax", said Cuomo never.

Said Trump never. Give it up dude. Besides, I was talking within the context of the quote I shared.

Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 20:56:00  
You're a troll, got it. Can we get back to the discussion at hand?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-26 21:01:08  
You're a troll, got it. Can we get back to the discussion at hand?

You know he said it, no amount of spinning can change that fact. First he states that the Impeachment was a Democratic hoax, and now he was caught on video stating the same of the Coronavirus. Not even nauspinning can change that.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 21:03:25  
So, you still think you're smarter than Snopes. Luckily there's a "shhhhhh" button. Go troll someone else for a while.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-26 21:04:07  
And for the record, I neither support nor curse Trump's response to the whole thing. I don't pretend to be an expert and many states were caught off guard too when they could have been much better prepared, so there is plenty of blame to go around.
Funny about how it all goes around to the Trump administration.
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 21:07:59  
Cuomo has done a great job being brutally honest and taking ownership of the situation, as his state is drowning in this crisis. Its pretty remarkable how much he contrasts with Trump.

Interesting how some of the things that Trump has been saying are suddenly okay when coming out of the mouth of Cuomo.

Because Trump hasn't been saying those things in the same context as Cuomo. Cuomo was reflecting on whats been happening, second guessing his choices. Trump has *never* done that.

Reminder, Trump did not have any say in any state's decision to shut down, nor will he have any say in the states' choices to reopen. Second reminder, he is on the record in saying he doesn't take any responsibility at all for whats happening.

He sent out a bogus letter to all the Governor's today, and my guess is they had the same reaction they did when he said Easter was his target date. Shred it.

Not questioning your analysis. I was hoping to get into the context of getting people back to work vs. mass quarantines. You know, a real discussion about what we should actually be doing instead of debating how bad Trump is at any given moment. I found it interesting to see someone in one of the worst states to be thinking that quarantine to such an extent may have been counterproductive.

His state has been hit the hardest (so far). He goes out there everyday and takes hard questions and answers them honestly. He didn't hold back in his criticism of the Phase 3 deal. He says it gives NY 1.3b dollars, when he asked for 15b to combat the virus. He also is lamenting it does nothing to make up for the money NY has lost, which is in the billions. NY needs the most help, and Cuomo is on the frontline demanding assistance. Their hospitals are overwhelmed, they literally need everything. Senators were quick to say there will be a Phase 4 bill, but how does that help NY tomorrow?

What has Trump said in his responses? Attack Cuomo with a bogus gatewaypundit headline, tell the states they are responsible for getting the equipment on their own, take jabs via Twitter, recite bogus vaccine promises, send out bogus letters. We added 17k cases today, and he is still saying its "winding down." Thats not leadership.

Sidenote - Its exploding in Michigan right now. Think NY was struggling to get supplies? Try being Michigan. Trump has already taken a Twitter shot at the Governor. Leadership.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 21:09:04  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
And for the record, I neither support nor curse Trump's response to the whole thing. I don't pretend to be an expert and many states were caught off guard too when they could have been much better prepared, so there is plenty of blame to go around.
Funny about how it all goes around to the Trump administration.

My bad, the states can't do anything without Trump. You're right. Gotta get that signed letter of approval to prepare yourself for a medical crisis and stockpile materials and mean old Trump denied them all with a maniacal laugh. All their supplies from the Obama era vaporized when Trump was inaugurated.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-26 22:22:19  
GOP Rep threatening to force House back to vote

Quote:
Furious lawmakers voiced serious concerns on Capitol Hill late Thursday that a Republican House member could “go rogue” and possibly scuttle a vote on the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package, and potentially endanger other House members in the process, Fox News has learned.

Fox News is told there is deep worry on both sides of the aisle that Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., could try to sidetrack House plans to quickly approve the coronavirus bill via a “voice vote” -- a verbal exercise in which those in favor shout yea, and those opposed holler nay. The loudest side would prevail.

“It’s the Thomas Massie show,” said one senior Republican source who asked to not be identified.

“He is going to do it,” a senior Republican leadership source told Fox News, explaining that leadership had tried every type of arm twisting -- and it's not working. The source said he was actively calling members and telling them to get on planes in the morning to come back to Washington, so that a quorum of 216 members could be established if Massie or another member were to demand one.

The source explained that Massie got a very forceful call from a close confidant and member of the House Freedom Caucus urging him to allow the voice vote, but Massie won’t budge. “We have been riding [House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi for stalling things, and now this,” the source lamented.

Yikes. It looks like one lone Republican is going to force House members to get on airplanes and fly back to Washington to vote on what will be an almost unanimous vote. Thats pretty terrible, and what does it accomplish? Putting lives at risk for absolutely nothing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-26 23:05:20  
It's far from a perfect bill, but you're right. After its showing in the Senate, there is no reason to grandstand something that is going to pass anyway.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-26 23:52:56  
Trump needs to be removed, now more than ever. Does he realize his actions are causing unnecessary death?

Trump rejects New York's plea for assistance.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-27 01:27:25  
Share this *** video EVERYWHERE

Trump is trying to censer the truth about his idiocy. We all know how well that turns out.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-27 01:30:51  
The letter
By Odinz 2020-03-27 01:38:14  
I understand Trump's position. It isn't that it isn't rationale, its that it is unethical.

Trump action's are basically saying "tough it out like a war. people are going to die. Economy can't be crippled. We can't lose all that money. It will take years to recover. During those years China will get ahead of us. If this continues we won't be the global superpower anymore"

It would be ethical if he left it up to the people to decide and said it out clearly. At least then the idiots who support him would understand where this is going, and be given an opportunity to admit their messiah Trump isn't looking out for their best interests. But Trump won't. He will continue to capitalize on his support base's grotesque ignorance of everything.

Me, personally - I can't understand how an economy that exists to serve the people, is going to sacrifice the people its meant to benefit, so that it can carry on. + there is no economy without those very same people.

Its just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
By Odinz 2020-03-27 01:46:31  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The letter
Won't do anything in the courts.
The TV ad doesn't state Trump is saying the corona virus is a hoax.
It will be left to creative interpretation. One can easily argue that the ad's main messages are
1. He wasn't on-top of it by playing his quotes against the timeline.
2. He's the one politicizing it by saying the democrat's stance on the virus is purely aimed at undermining his presidency. "Hoax" quote

Dogs bark.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-27 02:07:07  
Well, the timeline doesn't match up with the actual dates of some of the quotes. It's a PAC ad, though. I don't expect high quality.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.