PANic + EpiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » PANic + epiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!
PANic + epiDEMIC = PANDEMIC!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 30 31 32
By Viciouss 2020-03-16 18:29:37  
I would expect all K-12 schools to be cancelled for the rest of the school year tbh. Maybe they will find a way to get the standardized tests in but that's it.
By volkom 2020-03-16 18:39:37  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
For a short term solution, there are a lot of very affordable solutions with very good deals for academic institutions.

Otherwise if they somehow can't afford tools used by poorly funded canadian universities, there's always a possibility to make youtube videos, twitch or even discord.

any kind of general ed stuff like teaching physics, math, chemistry etc is easy to do online. Any lab work or classes that require hands-on participation (like working with machinery) is going to suck for those students

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-16 19:48:29  
DirectX said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
The only limiting factor would be the ability and willingness of the teacher.
With such short notice, I'm sorry but you are full of ***.

Given a month+ to know about this we could record lectures, write step by step guides if it is skills training, etc. People don't do these things by default, and one of the reasons is if you record your lectures and give them to the uni you'll find yourself out of work before you know it.

I’m not so sure about that latter point. I had an accounting professor who made some really good online lectures and training materials for each lesson. Rather than having the effect you mentioned, it actually made him one of the more popular professors on campus and there was a rush to get into his courses each semester. People still showed up to his lectures in droves (they were held in an auditorium).

I guess if your administrators are d-bags then maybe there would be a risk of losing a job over it, but if giving students and teachers more flexibility is discouraged for job security purposes then you have a big problem with your education system.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-16 20:23:58  
Eek. Okay, that's interesting then.

While I'm certainly not a fan of increasingly liberalized aspects of education, one thing that I can respect is the growing awareness of the fact that everyone learns differently. With technology the way that it is, there really doesn't need to be such a heavy emphasis on "traditional", one-size-fits-all learning for every student. If education systems are rejecting new technologies and methodologies out of hand and/or using them to screw over teachers, they're going to be left in the dust.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-03-17 10:07:54  
US is not doing well at all.
Leading in infection rate..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgylp3Td1Bw
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-03-17 10:26:23  
Would be nice if we can get some hand santizer/disinfectant/soap. TP is getting restocked here, there are pallets upon pallets in my smaller town stores, but none of the other essentials.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-17 10:35:35  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Would be nice if we can get some hand santizer/disinfectant/soap. TP is getting restocked here, there are pallets upon pallets in my smaller town stores, but none of the other essentials.

Well, some people aren’t prescient enough to recognize that buying far more of those materials than they need makes it so others might not be able to exercise proper sanitary practices, which only makes the problem worse.
By volkom 2020-03-17 10:42:18  
Odinz said: »

china still #1
By Odinz 2020-03-17 10:47:02  
volkom said: »

china still #1
in total cases. but relevant to population size, and where they are in timelines, nope... 3 weeks into US, by this time in China case they were in full blown quarantine mode.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-17 10:57:38  
Apples to oranges. There are too many factors at play to make such simple comparisons and make definitive claims as to who’s the “worst”.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-03-17 15:08:05  
fonewear said: »
Why would ISIS care ? They are just going to blow themselves up anyways ?
I was wondering the same. Don't need to be healthy to blow yourself up.

DirectX said: »
I also recommend people read about Qadar. In (Sunni) Islam everything is predetermined. You cannot outsurvive the will of Allah by doing anything so I don't believe that anyone from the Islamic State would really post messages to say to avoid anywhere. Everything in Islam is "in sha Allah" (if God wills it).
Yeah... well... its ISIS that wants them to be healthy in order to blow themselves up. Healthy is one of their commandments.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-17 15:23:39  
This is LOLs, but that thread is dead as hell and you could use the laugh here.

[+]
By clearlyamule 2020-03-17 15:37:41  
volkom said: »

china still #1
in total cases. but relevant to population size, and where they are in timelines, nope... 3 weeks into US, by this time in China case they were in full blown quarantine mode.
Tbf we can't send guys around with guns threatening to shoot anyone suspected of exposure who leaves their house
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-17 15:51:24  
clearlyamule said: »
Tbf we can't send guys around with guns threatening to shoot anyone suspected of exposure who leaves their house

Are you sure you're an american? There is nothing america can't solve with guns.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2020-03-17 16:23:12  
If the virus kills everyone then you won't have to worry about it. Do nothing.
By Viciouss 2020-03-17 18:17:07  
Just got the word from work no hours through April 1, no kind of payment plan either.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-03-17 18:37:17  
Viciouss said: »
Just got the word from work no hours through April 1, no kind of payment plan either.

Ugh, that sucks. I'm seeing somewhat the opposite so far. My work keeps piling on new policies regarding the virus and has banned all visitors, but even the "non-essentials" are still required to come in. A vast majority of my job is computer-based, so I'm not sure what the deal is.
By volkom 2020-03-17 18:41:15  
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/business/media/china-expels-american-journalists.html

interesting article about china

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-03-17 19:57:38  
Viciouss said: »

Kinda the same here. After laying off roughly 40 people at work, the remainder of us are out. Today was my last day, but I go in Tuesday/Wednesday of next week because we still have some work. Luckily they are letting us use our vacation/sick pay to cover days off.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 30 31 32