New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158 ... 238 239 240
By Ruaumoko 2021-10-27 18:11:07  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Ongo only has ~100 MDB (very, very low for ilvl NMs), which means even at -75% for V15, Malaise is quite potent.

It's not -75%, it's over 90% reduction at V15 making most debuff Geomancy worthless.
Also explains why Shattersoul and Vidohunir affect damage so much.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-27 18:12:11  
Ongo only has ~100 MDB (very, very low for ilvl NMs), which means even at -75% for V15, Malaise is quite potent.

It's not -75%, it's over 90% reduction at V15 making most debuff Geomancy worthless.
Sheol C NMs are over 90%, but V15 Gaol NMs' nerf is weaker. Bolster Frailty is very noticeable on the likes of Kalunga, for example.

It might not be 75%, but it's at most 85%. I remember reading a JP report somewhere, let me see if I can find it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-27 18:14:27  
Ruaumoko said: »

Yeah, normally it wouldn't be a bad fight but that -Resist Tier BS it has. Why I wanna see if Requiescat bypass's the non-sense.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-27 18:16:31  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
The most "disposable" member is actually the GEO because Malaise is nerfed into the floor and we already have a ton of MAB.

Can you clarify this for me - do you mean just that the MDB- from Malaise isn't very helpful due to Ongo's particularly quirky mechanics?

Gaol doesn't have the straight up GEO nerfs that Sheol A/B/C do, right?

Gaol has the same or worse then Sheol C, at least V15 does, Geo debuffs were a complete waste of time whenever we attempted to use em, instead we just go with appropriate buffs. For Ongo either Acumen/Int or Focus/Int depending how well geared folks are. A super BRD landing SV Threnody with Rayke / Subtle Sorcery removes the need for Focus, but it might be necessary after the bard has to reapply with just Marcato, Bolster is down and your just crunching through it's remaining HP. Int specifically is extremely useful for this fight.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-27 18:42:47  
I just checked my previous test, and Idris Malaise (non-EA/BoG/Bolster) gave a ~13% damage increase on a non-resisted nuke on V15 Ongo.

Waktzas normally have 100 MDB, which would line up with Malaise getting nerfed by -75% (or -11-12 MDB); for there to be a larger nerf than 75%, it would require that Ongo have less than 100 native MDB, which is very rare. I also poked through the topic some more, and found that I reported that Xolla 11 (a Japanese player that made V15 guides on Youtube) said that the nerf was -75% at V15, though I'd have to search through his videos again to see exactly where.

This means that Bolster Malaise would be a ~28% damage increase, and Bolster Malaise + Shattersoul would be a ~47% damage increase.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-10-27 18:47:00  

Yeah, normally it wouldn't be a bad fight but that -Resist Tier BS it has. Why I wanna see if Requiescat bypass's the non-sense.
This shouldn't be too hard to test even if you have a typical MB setup. RUN can use Requiescat, and the bard can just give them DD songs for the test.

I'd also note that Ongo has very low physical evasion. I seem to recall having something like 80% hit rate in a purely tanking set on V15, with no melee buffs.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-27 18:51:03  
I knew someone had tested it before using Indi-Gravity, I just had to find it again.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41358/bubble-trouble-a-geomancer-guide/67/#3583362

V15 Gaol is -75% on Geo debuffs.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-27 18:52:45  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

This shouldn't be too hard to test even if you have a typical MB setup. RUN can use Requiescat, and the bard can just give them DD songs for the test.

I'd also note that Ongo has very low physical evasion. I seem to recall having something like 80% hit rate in a purely tanking set on V15, with no melee buffs.
All of the T3 NMs except Xevioso take ~1230 accuracy to cap.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-27 19:09:00  
I always wanted to try Murasamemaru on Ongo but never got around to it.

Maybe I will go in solo later and test it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-27 19:24:18  
Just imagine if there was a iLvl version of that GKT, and Formless Strikes didn't suck and worked with WS.

Anyone with Crepuscular Scythe want to see how far down they can take Ongo V15 with all the buffs? DRK can make some useful 3-5 step double darkness skillchains, and might be able to survive being in range of Ongo if it can manage to Burst a nice Drain 3. Would be interesting to see.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-10-27 20:16:00  

It's not -75%, it's over 90% reduction at V15 making most debuff Geomancy worthless (I think it's actually 95% but might be worse).

(Bonus points for it being strong against birds!)
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-27 20:19:18  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Just imagine if there was a iLvl version of that GKT, and Formless Strikes didn't suck and worked with WS.

Anyone with Crepuscular Scythe want to see how far down they can take Ongo V15 with all the buffs? DRK can make some useful 3-5 step double darkness skillchains, and might be able to survive being in range of Ongo if it can manage to Burst a nice Drain 3. Would be interesting to see.
Twilight/Crepuscular Scythe's enchantment only lasts 1 minute, has a 10 minute cooldown, and does not work on weaponskills.

Good luck with that.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-10-27 20:31:27  
And realistically, it is gonna take most people more than 30 seconds to fully buff. More like somewhere between 30-60 seconds, when you're casting 10+ songs and using several JAs:
SimonSes said: »
Btw as BRD I dont use Nitro when singing songs before engage. I just do 5 songs with SV and Clarion, then after engage I do NITRO marcato Earth Threnody II on Ongo and then I overwrite songs on everyone with long duration ones. I do it because SV Threnody II is really a powerful debuff (up to -410 magic evasion, which is by far the single most powerful meva debuff in game) that helps a ton with magic accuracy and 5/5 Troubadour makes it land always and with Marcato/Clarion/Troubadour it will be up for more than half of the fight (sometimes whole fight if you get lucky with Rayke/Gambit resets).
2. Putting 5 SV songs before engage takes like 30 seconds. It wont break your run.

I never said anything about fully buffing before engage. I'm saying to pop SV and Clarion and put proper 5 songs. This is literally casting 7 songs (3 proper, 2 dummy, 2 proper) and using 2 JAs, which is 30 sec top. COR is doing first roll too. For me this is important because 1. Mages can start nuking asap (we have TP ready from lobby, so people do the first SC for first helix very fast). I ideally want to do NITRO threnody, nitro 5 songs on mages and 5 songs on RUN and its way easier to do it, when they already have 5 songs and I dont need to cast dummy songs at all.

So once again
1. SV/CC Etudes/Victory/BalladIII/CarolII on everyone
2. Engage
3. NITRO Threnody
4. Same songs that in 1. but with NITRO on mages
5. Pianissimo 5 songs on tank
6. Pianissimo 5 songs on COR (usually I lose NITRO here and COR gets nonNITRO ones)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-27 20:36:19  
Didn't know the duration on Twilight was so short and didnt work on WS. Scratch that then.
By SimonSes 2021-10-27 20:58:24  
Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

It's not -75%, it's over 90% reduction at V15 making most debuff Geomancy worthless (I think it's actually 95% but might be worse).

BST is a very solid option imo over GEO. Boost to magic damage wont be that strong as from GEO (especially considering Shattersoul stacks with Malaise), but BST can 3 step Darkness/Umbra.

DRK is also solid imo. Can Absorb 80+ INT with Liberator and good set and also do 4 step Double darkness (consisting Gravitation > Darkness > Double Darkness, so can nuke Earth on each step) and can do it with Apocalypse and Catastrophe as 4th WS, so you can easily keep yourself alive without outside help.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-10-27 21:35:30  
I knew someone had tested it before using Indi-Gravity, I just had to find it again.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41358/bubble-trouble-a-geomancer-guide/67/#3583362

V15 Gaol is -75% on Geo debuffs.

Ok 75% isn't too bad, still not great but with bolster Frailty / Malaise can help out.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-27 23:17:48  

BST is a very solid option imo over GEO. Boost to magic damage wont be that strong as from GEO (especially considering Shattersoul stacks with Malaise), but BST can 3 step Darkness/Umbra.

DRK is also solid imo. Can Absorb 80+ INT with Liberator and good set and also do 4 step Double darkness (consisting Gravitation > Darkness > Double Darkness, so can nuke Earth on each step) and can do it with Apocalypse and Catastrophe as 4th WS, so you can easily keep yourself alive without outside help.

This is a similar idea to what I stated above about DRK, minus the twilight scythe commentary. Do absorb spells stack with impact though? I assume not. ES impact is probably less than -80 INT, but lasts 3 minutes, so I imagine that would be better than the duration from DS absorb-INT. Though I guess you could ES something else like Burn for an additional -63INT. Either way, I do think dark Knight would fill in nicely as a self SC/survival melee in range to open unlimited Skillchains for Ongo.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-10-27 23:56:16  

If you summoned the pet in the lobby and popped Killer Instinct as soon as you zoned in you should be able to keep it up for 12 of the 15min of the fight which also should be a big boost to damage.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-10-28 01:14:36  

Been saying this to folk in-game for a while now.
Legit think people have been missing a trick against Ongo by not using BST. It can also sit in Malignance with Aymur and extend skillchains, or stand back camped in Gleti's to charge TP for skillchain extenders.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-28 01:21:21  
So, can anyone confirm the MDB- on Pestilent Plume actually does stick reliably on Ongo (or is this just a really cool idea)? Would be pretty nice if it did. We have a couple group members with solid BST who may be able to fit there...

And I assume the pet survives OK? Not a common/cheap enough jug to spam, Bestial Loyalty only IMO. Though Random Deal/Wild Card is prob sufficient for resetting that, even if pet ends up dead after a while.
By SimonSes 2021-10-28 02:26:31  
If you summoned the pet in the lobby and popped Killer Instinct as soon as you zoned in you should be able to keep it up for 12 of the 15min of the fight which also should be a big boost to damage.

I would say you will be able to do it for whole fight most likely, since there is at least 2x Random Deal and 1x Wild Card to reset KI.

The bonus to damage is 10%, so it's subjective if you can call it big, but I would agree it's not small :)

EDIT: Killer Instinct description on bgwiki needs to be changed btw. It's not how it works with Damage+ and also probably DT-.
By SimonSes 2021-10-28 02:47:40  
And I assume the pet survives OK? Not a common/cheap enough jug to spam, Bestial Loyalty only IMO. Though Random Deal/Wild Card is prob sufficient for resetting that, even if pet ends up dead after a while.

If you only use BST to buff and debuff, then pet shouldn't be in any danger. You only run in several times to apply debuff and if you even get hit during that, then it shouldn't be any issue with -50% lightning damage, 5000+HP, -5% additional multiplicative DT against bird, another 9% DT from trait and whatever pet DT you have in gear :) If you want BST to build TP for skillchain tho, then you might need some pet DT gear. You might reduce skillchain involvement to just get TP from Gleti's/TacticianRoll and just do Ruinator after Gravitation from SCH when you have TP.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-10-28 11:30:38  

Not sure if embedding is working for this post, but I wanted to try something. Not sure if anyone else has tested this.

Here is a link just in case the embedding is broken.

https://imgur.com/gallery/rI6Caue

I didn't get to watch it die, but I also used it on a rabbit and penguin. Going to see if I can figure out if it's worth setting and using.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-28 11:34:40  
We were aware that some monsters are vulnerable to Doom via Cruel Joke. It's the same element and status effect, but Mortal Ray is single target and costs way more MP. Nobody mentioned it because it would be a full minute to kill one monster, vs one minute to kill 10+ with CJ. Not even worth the set points.
By SimonSes 2021-10-28 11:40:52  
Mortal Ray is single target, so I don't see the point tbh. Casting time and casting delay will be as long as just killing the mob with melee and WS. Recast time even with 80% haste is 30 second, so you can use it like once per pack too.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-10-28 11:41:10  
Are you certain the doom from Mortal Ray takes a full minute to kill? I only sacrificed metallic body and evasion bonus traits to set it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-28 11:45:14  
The wiki lists it at 63 seconds. Wears off in 10 seconds if you move too far away. Let's say it takes 30 seconds max though. Can you not kill a Nostos Rabbit in 30 seconds on BLU and save 200+ MP and 4 Blue Magic Set Points? Its a cool toy but only if the monster would have taken a long time to kill.
By SimonSes 2021-10-28 12:31:42  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The wiki lists it at 63 seconds. Wears off in 10 seconds if you move too far away. Let's say it takes 30 seconds max though. Can you not kill a Nostos Rabbit in 30 seconds on BLU and save 200+ MP and 4 Blue Magic Set Points? Its a cool toy but only if the monster would have taken a long time to kill.

This is slightly misleading, because you can doom one mob and fight others in that 63 seconds. That's why I compered it to casting time + casting delay rather than doom count. It might be ok I guess if you solo on BLU and don't use CJ strategy. If you just do regular run with full buffs then 2 sec casting and 3 sec casting delay is the same kill speed as just WS it imo. Another thing is if you doom one mob of the group and there is no way to recognize affected mob by other party members, then someone will probably kill it before doom will count down, wasting whole casting.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-28 12:40:32  
It might be ok I guess if you solo on BLU and don't use CJ strategy

What is the point though? Solo on BLU without CJ is a crawl in Sheol C, so you're not doing it for Segments. Wings are worthless, so gil is not being earned. You can argue doing this on lower zones, but unless soloing on BLU is for MM increases (Clearing Nostos with CJ is a much more efficient way to hit this MM), I see no reason to ever solo like this on BLU unless you are using CJ strategy.

Mortal Ray would be a lot better if it was a Conal gaze vs single target, since you could CJ 1-2 sets, then on CD position the next few groups for Mortal Ray. But single target limits it too much imo.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-10-28 12:49:20  
I was really trying to see if #1) it worked and #2) if there is a possible use case for it. My hope was that it didn't function like CJ (i.e., stand and wait) so I could sleep\doom a straggler while killing other things, and assuming CJ is down. I had one such scenario last night where some mobs were out of CJ range, so I slept+MR and ran off to join my group at the halo. Shame you have to stay close.

The spell set I use for Sheol had evasion bonus trait (Occultation + screwdriver) and metallic body. I removed screwdriver and MB to free 4 set points and add Mortal Ray.
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158 ... 238 239 240