フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Syto
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-06-11 13:54:46  
Please note any new AI/behavioural changes to the Atonement 3 V15 NMs..

So far I’ve noticed that Mboze V15 (post update) used Invincible at 75% and didn’t use Yaegasumi...

I haven’t noticed if he ever has the ability to go through other SP abilities at 75 other than Yaegasumi like Bumba V15... or this is something new related to AI adjustment?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-11 14:04:45  
FWIW, can confirm they haven't fixed boosted amplifier RP from partial kills.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2021-06-11 16:03:15  
Asura.Syto said: »
Please note any new AI/behavioural changes to the Atonement 3 V15 NMs..

So far I’ve noticed that Mboze V15 post update used Invincible at 75% and didn’t use Yaegasumi...

I haven’t noticed if he ever has the ability to go through other SP abilities at 75 other than Yaegasumi like Bumba V15... or this is something new related to AI adjustment?

Square-Enix accidentally changed the Atonement 3 NMs 1 hours in the March 10th Update.

Original 1hrs were:

Xevioso: Perfect Dodge
Ngai: Mighty Strikes
Kalunga: Brazen Rush
Ongo: Elemental Sforzo
Mboze: Invincible
Arebati: Yaegasumi

Post March 10th they were:

Xevioso: Perfect Dodge
Ngai: Brazen Rush
Kalunga: Elemental Sforzo
Ongo: Invincible
Mboze: Yaegasumi
Arebati: None

This update likely changed them back to their original 1hrs.
Info from here: https://vanafratello.com/atonement3-sp
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-11 17:05:22  
Saw Arebati do Yaegasumi today
[+]
By Rive016 2021-06-12 20:32:18  
Sylph.Reain said: »
Ongo: Elemental Sforzo
must be back to normal Ongo did Elemental Sforzo
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-06-13 03:50:20  
Changed a couple bosses in our lineup, burning PLD as a tank vs having 3 healers needed the change. .

Kalunga, Pld, Cor, Brd, Geo, Whm, Sam
Honor/Min/Min/Scherzo/Dirge Sam+Cor DD
Henwen, Mnk, Pup, Smn, Blu, Thf, War
Sgili, Blm, Run, Nin, ANY, Rdm, Sch

Hope everyone's kicking *** and taking names out there.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-13 08:20:18  
Just did Bumba > Kalunga > Henwen, and cleared all but Kalunga.

Bumba:
Standard Zerg
WAR
RUN
COR
BRD
SCH
DRG

Kalunga:
DRK
SAM
BLU
GEO
WHM
PLD

Wiped at 6% because of an issue with haste bubble going down during 2nd aura (GEO ran away without thinking that Haste was Indi instead of Geo), and we couldn't get the aura down before it killed the tank since we had no Fire Carol. It's doable, though.

Henwen:
PUP
MNK
RDM
THF
BST
SMN

PUP was tank, MNK and RDM (with Black Halo) were DDs, BST was there to apply Attack/Defense down, and SMN did Hastega II, Crystal Blessing, and spammed Pacifying Ruby on the MNK.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-14 12:26:15  
I'd like some input from the people who've cleared Veng 15 Xevioso. I want to know how you guys handle the zombie effect from Stinger Volley. Do you try and get your zombied dd's out of range? Is that even feasible? Or do you just pray they don't go down before the effect wears? Is there some sort of ability usage strategy you can use to help mitigate the risk of people dying to zombie?

I ask because I just cleared him on Veng 10 and that was the most difficult fight mechanic for us to handle. I'd like to work on ranking the Ikenga's set eventually, and I'm confident I know how to handle the other mechanics, but the zombie effect is a problem that I'm not sure how to easily deal with. My setup is tauret build thief, shining one war drg or sam, cor, brd, geo, whm. Thanks for any insights.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-06-14 12:33:54  
We had DDs stay in meva/hybrid sets and zombie would rarely land and if it did, it wasn't for very long.

We did SAM + WAR + COR for DDs so Sakpata for WAR, Malignance for COR, and Kenda/+1 for SAM
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-14 12:47:50  
I cleared 10 on thief with the full gleti's set, and we had wind carol, baraero, and attunement on the whole time. The Gleti's set has 487 magic evasion versus the 674 on malignance, but I noticed our warrior also got hit with zombie too and he was in sekpatas. I chose to hybrid in gleti's over malignance because it pushed my crit rate to over 90% and that ensured we procced blue in a timely fashion. I don't know. Is that overkill? I can try with malignance when I run the veng 15 tomorrow. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to approach him.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-14 13:11:07  
Stinger Volley is conal, so have all of your front line jobs fight on a different side/corner of the NM. It should only hit one person, and if it lands, your WHM can sacrifice. In the setups my group has done, we don't even both with Attunement, but out of safety, I stayed in Nyame 2-3/5 basically the whole fight (SAM). Can occasionally get unlucky with Incisive or Stinger, but it's never so bad that we can't win it.
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-06-14 18:36:29  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I'd like some input from the people who've cleared Veng 15 Xevioso. I want to know how you guys handle the zombie effect from Stinger Volley. Do you try and get your zombied dd's out of range? Is that even feasible? Or do you just pray they don't go down before the effect wears? Is there some sort of ability usage strategy you can use to help mitigate the risk of people dying to zombie?

When we did our clear I believe we had Pup, Pld, Sam, Cor Brd, Whm. For the most part until the final 25% the boss was entirely between the 2 tanks with maybe some momentary lapses in hate, dds never got targeted with zombie. During the final 25% if hate wasn't on a dd, and they got popped with zombie we slowed/stopped tp feed until either hate or hp was back under control, using hybrid sets made it much easier malignance etc, the damage check isn't that bad, just make sure you have a team that can react well to the enmity drops. DRG and Shining one Sam are great for the fight.
By Guyford 2021-06-14 21:39:41  
Vaerix said: »

When we did our clear I believe we had Pup, Pld, Sam, Cor Brd, Whm. For the most part until the final 25% the boss was entirely between the 2 tanks with maybe some momentary lapses in hate, dds never got targeted with zombie. During the final 25% if hate wasn't on a dd, and they got popped with zombie we slowed/stopped tp feed until either hate or hp was back under control, using hybrid sets made it much easier malignance etc, the damage check isn't that bad, just make sure you have a team that can react well to the enmity drops. DRG and Shining one Sam are great for the fight.

Actually we did drg smn whm brd cor geo. Drg spirit linked after defensive buffs and before songs and other buffs to starve wyvern of acc then used dawn muslums to heal it throughout fight. Drg used dagon body with sherida and niq ring with mnk and cor rolls to maximize subtle blow and used shining one. Smn did buffs and mewed every 30 seocnds. Under 25% bolster and drg used 1hrs with high jump enhanced by spirit surge for extra tp reset. Only drg fought the bee wedged in a corner. What vae described was our v10 win and it was with war not sam.

Future fights I'm planning to use sam over drg to avoid all the pet buff nonsense.
By SimonSes 2021-06-15 00:54:39  
I chose to hybrid in gleti's over malignance because it pushed my crit rate to over 90%

Whats the point to push crit rate up all the time, when proc is needed only when Xevioso puts aura up?

but I noticed our warrior also got hit with zombie too and he was in sekpatas.

Was he in full Sakpata or just 2 piece Sakpata and the rest was Flamma/Tatenashi for example? If you go for MEVA, you usually need to go all the way. During WS too. For THF its harder to keep MEVA during WS (unless you have augmented Nyame and doing Rudra's outside of Aura), but for WAR it should be easy, 5/5 Sakpata is great TP and decent WS set (Nyame B works very well too for Impulse Drive obviously). You dont need max damage tp/ws set (or pseudo meva sets with just few nyame/sakpata/malignance pieces instead of 5/5), especially that getting hit with longer Zombie and turning back will probably lower DPS much more than using hybrid set full time.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2021-06-15 03:57:59  
You know you can cure zombie status with sacrifice right?
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-15 21:22:04  
Well we killed Xevioso twice now on V15 and I thought I'd give you guys the run down of our lineup and strat. I came to the conclusion simon mentioned about 5/5 gletis fulltime as well. Crit rate only matters during the proc window. It's pretty irrelevant the rest of the time so I just ran malignance outside the proc window.

Our setup was thief, shining war, bard, cor, geo, whm.

We realized that both rogues roll and madrigal were completely unnecessary. Honor march provided more than enough accuracy to hit the bee. So we did samurai/chaos, honor march, march, minuet, wind carol, scherzo, and geo-furi, indi-attunement, and I had the geo entrust strength on our shining one user. Corsair spammed last stand from a distance.

I mained twashtar and stayed in malignance for the duration of the fight with the exception of the proc window, where I just swapped to 5/5 gletis and changed my mainhand from twash to tauret. Just equipping tauret/gleti's knife, and 5/5 gletis armor gives a 60% crit rate boost, which procced blue in seconds. Then I swapped back to my twashter main/malignance build. DPS was a non-issue so losing TP for one weaponskill to get the blue proc in was easily worth the swap. We just played defensively and used antidotes and panaceas liberally and it was a smooth kill. Also, one more benefit to bringing a thief is that I could larceny away Xevioso's perfect dodge effect. Getting 30 extra seconds of dps uptime in early was a nice extra boon. It's something to think about if you have somneone who can fill the role well.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2021-06-16 02:20:38  
Is there any trick to beating Arebati on V0? Tried it four times, solo, duo and with a full party, and still lost each time. Maybe there is some mechanism that I do not get that prevents me from winning?
By SimonSes 2021-06-16 02:54:19  
Bahamut.Galakar said: »
Is there any trick to beating Arebati on V0? Tried it four times, solo, duo and with a full party, and still lost each time. Maybe there is some mechanism that I do not get that prevents me from winning?

COR and RNG for damage, only tank in range of TP moves. Ideally put Sirvante on tank and Dirge on RNG and COR (beside regular DD songs).
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-06-16 04:02:32  

I haven’t done the V levels yet for Snow Kitty. But this is what I was told to do on it:

“ Arebati V15 we won with pld brd cor rng geo whm.

Rng and cor did wildfire to get AM up (using Empy guns) and did last stand to last stand until death.

Geo indi agi bolster geo fury, entrust indi attunement to the tank.

Pld tanks at a distance in front of rng for decoy shot. Pld wore full sakpata gear.”
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2021-06-16 04:07:35  
SimonSes said: »

COR and RNG for damage, only tank in range of TP moves. Ideally put Sirvante on tank and Dirge on RNG and COR (beside regular DD songs).

Thank you for tip.
By SimonSes 2021-06-16 04:39:16  
Decoy shot and specific buffs or specific rema for Cor and RNG are only really needed for v15. V0 is doable with standard DD buffs and without decoy. Especially when you can use SPs. Just use sentinel+invincible on PLD at start and continue with flashes and ja on cooldowns and DDs will never pull hate before Lion dies.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-16 07:21:00  
Quote:
Is there any trick to beating Arebati on V0?

On veng zero it's so weak you can literally just zerg it. Bring a couple piercing dds and a tank and a whm. Shining one war or sam, thief, dancer, ranger, dragoon..... all are fine for veng 0. Have cor, bard, geo, or w/e and just buff for damage like you would a normal melee zerg. Arebati requires a ranged strategy to kill on higher vengs, but on veng 0 it's a fight you can just steamroll.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ared
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: dracoth
By Carbuncle.Ared 2021-06-16 12:00:01  
Been slowly farming Sheol B tri-box (BLU, RDM, BRD) for the past month or so (late start, mostly just something I find fun). I've not been pushing the envelope on clears (can now get 3/4ths of floor 1, including Agon and NM, depending on mobs/placement of Agon/Ethereal Junction - gear is nothing crazy, so my DPS check is just sufficient for this).

I've been recording my runs/NM kills/chests opened and tracking Moogle Mastery. Maybe this has already been said, but I just wanted to confirm that the cost of Chests goes down with every 10 chests you open with Izzats. I haven't opened with any keys (my THF is 99, but no gear unless it's shared with BLU) and haven't opened anything but chests. It's hit perfectly - I just hit my 40th chest on last night's run, and the cost of Izzat per chest dropped as:

Chest # Izzat cost
0 10
11 9
21 8
31 7
41 6

Mostly reporting it here for record purposes and for those curious - I know most of you are probably far past this, but it can't hurt to help people who are just starting out.

Once I'm done with B, I plan on trying to see if I can track coffer to chest ratios, but this will be harder until I improve my DPS and can clear more reliably.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-16 12:04:20  
Coffers go:
0 -> 15
11 -> 14
21 -> 13
31 -> 12
41 -> 10
51 -> 8

strongboxes go to 18 at 11, don't know the rest. guessing it's:
0 -> 20
11 -> 18
21 -> 16
31 -> 14
41 -> 12
51 -> 10

edit: missed a step on coffers
 Carbuncle.Ared
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: dracoth
By Carbuncle.Ared 2021-06-16 12:07:23  
Thanks, Thorny, and I just noted that this was already explained on the BG-site. So much for contributing directly, but at least I've confirmed it...?

I think my future work is more along the line of Moogle Mastery increases from Chests or from Coffers - is there a relation, such as a coffer counts as 8 chests towards Moogle Mastery? It likely doesn't matter much, but I'm curious to find the actual connection, assuming that I can.

[edit: Typo on Master->Mastery]
 Bahamut.Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2021-06-16 12:49:17  
Quote:
Is there any trick to beating Arebati on V0?

On veng zero it's so weak you can literally just zerg it. Bring a couple piercing dds and a tank and a whm. Shining one war or sam, thief, dancer, ranger, dragoon..... all are fine for veng 0. Have cor, bard, geo, or w/e and just buff for damage like you would a normal melee zerg. Arebati requires a ranged strategy to kill on higher vengs, but on veng 0 it's a fight you can just steamroll.

Have attempted it yesterday with two teams, and both times died.

First time I went with a party WHM, RDM, GEO, COR, PUP tank, DRG. We took him down to around 10~20%, and started running out of the time. He then wiped our puppet tank, and soon after us (around 10 seconds before time has run out).

For a second attempt I went with RUN, MNK, DRG, SMN, COR, WHM. Damage was way better but both of DDs died really fast. I had (was a MNK) some -DT, -MDT and Magic Eva gear (nothing special though) what allowed me to live for some time. After that I think that his aura killed me and soon we lost the fight.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-16 13:01:20  
Normally do RNG COR PLD BRD WHM GEO and should be pretty easy. Aegis on PLD with MEVA/DT gear.
By Guyford 2021-06-16 13:15:14  
This was a discussed a while back, but finally got down to NM pop on floor 4 of C only costing 2 items rather than 3. NM kill totals as follows:
Lotanu 32
Kurmajara 9
Dabbat al-Ard 73
Chaos Steward 136
Wayra Tata 9
Asena 154
Bygul 9
Total 422

Transition might have been at 400 and just didnt notice.
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 237 238 239