フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 238 239 240
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-05-13 09:20:25  
A little surprised at how big a deal this became. Lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-05-13 09:22:02  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
1. Do you honestly believe SE intended for you to be able to carry buffs into fights with Asylum?

2. Do you honestly believe SE will leave it functional after they become aware of it?

3. Do you honestly believe SE intended for you to have a GM status?

Why even play?
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 09:22:20  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
What reward? SE patting you on the back? As someone whos beat it all without cheats at what point of saying your enjoyment is ruined because other people did something that didnt hurt you at all? It shouldn't have to be explained that the stuff you find enjoyable doesn't mean someone else will.
Winning a difficult event is a reward in itself for most people. If you only have fun by obtaining fake items, that's your choice, and explains why you so heavily support using any cheat you can. Probably gamesharked all your console games too, but that's your choice.

Odyssey fight isn't about skill when stuff like timber is in and people are winning because he doesn't use timber. Its not skill its luck which should have to be explained.
You can win with any set of TP moves used if you formulate a less braindead strategy and stop relying on your addons to replace every bit of gameplay.
Willing to beat you use more addons than me lol I dont gameshark anything but believe what you want. You act as if commenting and acting like you know all in the game on forums is winning you fights when its really you just whining about every piece of content because you cant sell to people or they beat it with easy while you struggled.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 09:23:46  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
TBH im shocked also but again the ones complaining about it are the same ones who complain about everything on the forums. If something wasn't done the way they did it then its bad.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-13 09:25:17  

Arguing on AH is the real endgame
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 09:27:25  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I mean this is facts.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-05-13 09:31:17  

Isn’t this how we get our BIS gear?! You beat the final FFXIAH boss!?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-13 09:32:53  
False equivalency, straw man, and every other coping mechanism under the sun do not make up a replacement for a counterargument. Hope you can still win after it's patched, because it will be. The issue isn't even about your shitty little group finally being able to clear a NM(though this is clearly the case, given you've only gotten Sakpata yesterday after this was posted and don't have any Nyame).

This is the only piece of content we've gotten in the last year. We probably won't get anything this substantial again for 6-12 months. Normally, this means that while the best players can clear it quickly, most will spend 6-12 months improving gear and strategies and have something to do for that period of time. By allowing a cheap mechanic like this to rush everyone through, you delete that time period and a large subset of people will become bored quicker and stop playing.

This means SE gets a poor return on investment for creating the content, and is less likely to create more. The lower amount of active players makes the auction house slower, it makes it harder to find groups, and it increases the likelihood of the game in general dying. This should not be hard to understand, your views are clearly clouded by the idea that a patch will prevent you from getting your gear ASAP.

I'm not defending GM flag, recast, timers, or anything of the sort. Anyone who uses addons is cheating, and we all know it. However, most of those addons aren't outright invalidating content and actively shortening the game's lifespan(you could argue that react and gearswap are). Most of those addons can't be fixed with a 5 minute patch. This CAN be fixed with a 5 minute patch, so it should be, and it will be.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 09:43:11  
False equivalency, straw man, and every other coping mechanism under the sun do not make up a replacement for a counterargument. Hope you can still win after it's patched, because it will be. The issue isn't even about your shitty little group finally being able to clear a NM(though this is clearly the case, given you've only gotten Sakpata yesterday after this was posted and don't have any Nyame).

This is the only piece of content we've gotten in the last year. We probably won't get anything this substantial again for 6-12 months. Normally, this means that while the best players can clear it quickly, most will spend 6-12 months improving gear and strategies and have something to do for that period of time. By allowing a cheap mechanic like this to rush everyone through, you delete that time period and a large subset of people will become bored quicker and stop playing.

This means SE gets a poor return on investment for creating the content, and is less likely to create more. The lower amount of active players makes the auction house slower, it makes it harder to find groups, and it increases the likelihood of the game in general dying. This should not be hard to understand, your views are clearly clouded by the idea that a patch will prevent you from getting your gear ASAP.

I'm not defending GM flag, recast, timers, or anything of the sort. Anyone who uses addons is cheating, and we all know it. However, most of those addons aren't outright invalidating content and actively shortening the game's lifespan(you could argue that react and gearswap are). Most of those addons can't be fixed with a 5 minute patch. This CAN be fixed with a 5 minute patch, so it should be, and it will be.
Im gonna stop your right there Baby girl I only got sakpata yesterday because im testing something personally I dont like the armor. I hope to god it gets patched you looking at time ive put on gear for sakapta but didnt look at the dates I had the head a long time ago so maybe do more than a 2 second search to try and come at me baby girl. So you can take the cry act about how people need to play the way you say somewhere else. I have clears for nyame also just didn't buy the gear because I don't know what im going for yet. BTW if we just assuming stuff seems you dont have any clears at all. I'd imagine you think posting on AH is how you get clears when its clearly not.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-05-13 09:44:23  
This CAN be fixed with a 5 minute patch, so it should be, and it will be.

Yes Captain Thorny, I am letting SE know that they need to fix it before angwy boy who sells gil feels better. :) Have a good day, go out and touch some grass so you’re not angwy about Asylum getting your customers through Odyssey.
By Foxfire 2021-05-13 09:57:37  
So anyway, for Xevioso v15
Has anyone tried doing a ranged strat on this guy? Or is it all polearm wars/drgs/sams as far as the eye can see?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-13 09:59:38  

You can joke about how silly this might seem, but everything Thorny said is salient. This exploit completely ignores the entire mechanic of Odyssey Gaol, which is to challenge players by not allowing repeating jobs across multiple fights. They just went ahead and added bonuses to repeat fights. Being able to exploit this system for larger rewards by ignoring the intended mechanic (whether it be using an in-game method or otherwise) completely spits in the face of the mechanic in the first place. That would be like finding a way to wear gear during the original salvage days, for the benefit of skipping past the Pathos requirement. Yes, it's in the game, but it's not really intended. To a lower degree, the Entrust buff thing is essentially the same exploit, but it's on such a lower level it hardly makes a difference.

You guys can do the whole "no YOU SHUT UP" thing back and forth all you want, but the use of the exploit is indefensible. If anybody defends this, I don't want to hear anyone ever say how boring the game is, how easy things are, or how lame SE is in making challenging content.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-13 10:01:26  
Foxfire said: »
So anyway, for Xevioso v15
Has anyone tried doing a ranged strat on this guy? Or is it all polearm wars/drgs/sams as far as the eye can see?

He has a hate reset, so your shooters would have to be in range while shooting so that when they get hate, the Bee doesn't run all over the place murdering the backline. You could possibly do it with shooters at range, but the mess of dealing with the inevitable hate loss makes bringing a tank kind of worthless.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 10:03:55  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

You can joke about how silly this might seem, but everything Thorny said is salient. This exploit completely ignores the entire mechanic of Odyssey Gaol, which is to challenge players by not allowing repeating jobs across multiple fights. They just went ahead and added bonuses to repeat fights. Being able to exploit this system for larger rewards by ignoring the intended mechanic (whether it be using an in-game method or otherwise) completely spits in the face of the mechanic in the first place. That would be like finding a way to wear gear during the original salvage days, for the benefit of skipping past the Pathos requirement. Yes, it's in the game, but it's not really intended. To a lower degree, the Entrust buff thing is essentially the same exploit, but it's on such a lower level it hardly makes a difference.

You guys can do the whole "no YOU SHUT UP" thing back and forth all you want, but the use of the exploit is indefensible. If anybody defends this, I don't want to hear anyone ever say how boring the game is, how easy things are, or how lame SE is in making challenging content.
Im gonna use it and then come back and say it I mean you don't need the exploit to say those things though lol. Also saying the entrust thing is on a low level is just like defending the exploit. The shocking part about all of this is it took us this long to even find it. Entrust can't be dispelled so just like asylum can't stop it. Noone thought SE was lazy enough to code it this way its simple. By all means people who use it have fun and play the way you want everyone else does the same with the cheats and exploits they do so.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-13 10:10:02  
Unrelated to the topic being discussed, but is English your first language, JTT? These sentences are hard to decipher.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-13 10:14:33  
Odyssey fight isn't about skill when stuff like timber is in and people are winning because he doesn't use timber

You just defeated yourself with your own words tbh. Tiiimbeeer and by extension Mboze itself is perfectly doable even if Mboze will use Tiiimbeeer several times. All you need is skilled player with good gear and strategy. So if you say you need luck, not skill, it means you are not skilled/geared enough or if you feel you are, then maybe people in your group/pug aren't.
[+]
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-05-13 10:15:45  
Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
So I hate to be "that guy", but is somebody going to submit the Asylum glitch (might as well include the Entrust glitch) as a bug on the OF?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58149-Able-to-preserve-positive-status-effects-through-Sheol-Gaol-bosses-by-using-Asylum.

These people must be fun at parties. “If I can’t have it, no one else can!” *Reports*

Perhaps you're not reliant on the exploit, but you have to understand how this appears to others. When you shame someone for reporting something that is clearly an exploit, it sure smells like you've become reliant on it.

But regardless of your personal use (or lack of use) of it, it needs to be fixed. It bypasses the mechanic that you're not suppose to have a bard for every fight - that's a key concept of Odyssey, which is being bypassed at the moment with this glitch - shaming the reporting of that is a bad look.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 10:17:22  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Unrelated to the topic being discussed, but is English your first language, JTT? These sentences are hard to decipher.
Sorry im on phone so i try to shorten ***where I can lol. Also im lazy If I need to explain something I can for sure.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 10:19:53  
SimonSes said: »
Odyssey fight isn't about skill when stuff like timber is in and people are winning because he doesn't use timber

You just defeated yourself with your own words tbh. Tiiimbeeer and by extension Mboze itself is perfectly doable even if Mboze will use Tiiimbeeer several times. All you need is skilled player with good gear and strategy. So if you say you need luck, not skill, it means you are not skilled/geared enough or if you feel you are, then maybe people in your group/pug aren't.
I never said I wasn't perfectly doable What I said was it luck based on if your gonna get one or not. Im going off what you and thorny say. You can only do these fights if your a top tier bis 1% player and everyone else will take years to do it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-13 10:27:48  
What I said was it luck based on if your gonna get one or not

It is luck based on whether he uses it. You can also employ a SB/Mew/Soul Enslavement strategy to minimize window. You can also prepare for it using Rampart and power through the mechanic.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 10:47:58  
What I said was it luck based on if your gonna get one or not

It is luck based on whether he uses it. You can also employ a SB/Mew/Soul Enslavement strategy to minimize window. You can also prepare for it using Rampart and power through the mechanic.
Yes I know this. You can do all of this and still lose the fight. End of the day its not changing anything I stated. So idk what we doing here.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-13 11:18:38  
You can do all of this and still lose the fight

That's how fights are supposed to be. It's okay to not maintain a 100% win rate on everything, every single time. What you specifically said was

Which is not true. Just because in some particular instances people win doesn't remove skill from the equation. You can be a skilled player and work around mechanics by forming different strategies, to a better outcome. You can also get really lucky and win anyways, but that's not a metric that you have any control over. So to say that Odyssey isn't skill based because some people just happen to win because they didn't have to deal with Tiiimbeeer (while other groups DID handle the move and won just fine) is kind of being selective in your assessment of what requires skill and what does not.

Both luck and skill can exist at the same time, but I bet there are some JP groups who have found a way to maximize their win rate vs Mboze over time, just due to trial and error, and not due to dumb luck.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 11:33:06  
You can do all of this and still lose the fight

That's how fights are supposed to be. It's okay to not maintain a 100% win rate on everything, every single time. What you specifically said was

Which is not true. Just because in some particular instances people win doesn't remove skill from the equation. You can be a skilled player and work around mechanics by forming different strategies, to a better outcome. You can also get really lucky and win anyways, but that's not a metric that you have any control over. So to say that Odyssey isn't skill based because some people just happen to win because they didn't have to deal with Tiiimbeeer (while other groups DID handle the move and won just fine) is kind of being selective in your assessment of what requires skill and what does not.

Both luck and skill can exist at the same time, but I bet there are some JP groups who have found a way to maximize their win rate vs Mboze over time, just due to trial and error, and not due to dumb luck.
Im just gonna say yes because we gonna keep going in a circle. I not once said it can't be won without handling timber but for those saying mboze is skill based its not 100% true.
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2021-05-13 11:48:19  
It seems incredibly risky to me. SE didn't take kindly to the imprimatur bug or the rune fencer card bug. And it seems incredibly trivial to check if someone lost a moglophone II within 30s of gaining the effect of Asylum.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 11:53:55  
Sylph.Reain said: »
It seems incredibly risky to me. SE didn't take kindly to the imprimatur bug or the rune fencer card bug. And it seems incredibly trivial to check if someone lost a moglophone II within 30s of gaining the effect of Asylum.
Oh for sure i mean if SE played the content at all they'd know entrust bug has been in since nms came out
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-13 14:20:34  
Sylph.Reain said: »
Oh for sure i mean if SE played the content at all they'd know entrust bug has been in since nms came out
Only if they tried entrusting in the lobby.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-13 14:26:04  
Seems like something an actual representative of the community would've spotted pretty fast.

Just sayin. #shade #trashcan #FFXIV #Vtuber
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-13 14:35:30  
It was probably discovered in a similar way Asylum was: Player had an entrusted buff on after they killed a boss, noticed the icon in the lobby remained when everything else was removed. Decided to try it on the way in and found the loophole.

To be fair, they did delay Gaol by a month or so because they admitted it had bugs. The first iteration was a lag fest that they had to fix recently. So them not knowing about Entrust/Asylums probably just boils down to not having the resources to stress test all of these scenarios before releasing them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2021-05-14 00:03:20  
I received 10 Job Points upon touching the exit of Sheol C today, though it was my first time in a few months entering on a non-mastered job. Has this been around for a while, or was it an unannounced buff in the version update?

For the record, the run consisted of:
- 97 Nostos enemies
- 2 Agon Halos and all associated enemies
- 2 UNM item-popped NMs
- 6 Chests opened with Izzat

Based on that, I'm wondering if the Halos or NMs add Job Points to the personal loot pool.
By Draylo 2021-05-14 03:32:01  
People always rushing to just sit in town, whats wrong with yall
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 238 239 240