2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 237 238 239
By SimonSes 2021-05-12 10:06:02  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
SE really whiffed with the whole "this will be the hardest NM for the effort" thing

Nah, they simply underestimated the damage geared players can do with Savage blade spam on full buffs. If you couldnt bypass Bumba mechanic this way, it would actually be very hard.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-05-12 10:12:00  
Also they probably assumed people would actually try to do 3 NMs per entry. Instead of what we do with 1 super comp to kill the 1 NM we care about and then going home.

Hence their giving us something to try and force us to do the content the way they want us to.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-12 10:13:24  
SimonSes said: »
SE really whiffed with the whole "this will be the hardest NM for the effort" thing

Nah, they simply underestimated the damage geared players can do with Savage blade spam on full buffs. If you couldnt bypass Bumba mechanic this way, it would actually be very hard.

Less about Savage, more about the mechanic being predictable every single time. It was being done before Savage blade meta because the mechanic is timed if you don't accidentally heal it and force aura. Because of this, players can simply kill before that time and ignore mechanic. Can replace Savage blade with any other non chaining options, it's the same outcome. They didn't do this for other bosses. I have seen A3 put up an aura within 30 seconds of fighting, which makes the fights much more challenging. Once people figured out to avoid healing it, it just became a race against the clock.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-12 11:50:19  
So Canopierce from Mboze is AoE damage and it's magic based.
Anybody knows if it's also earth based by any chance?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-12 12:33:17  
Canopierce is Needles effect evenly distributed among targets. Unknown what the total damage for the move is for Mboze, as it varies for each Yggdreant.

According to JP wiki, it is listed as Earth damage.

It also lists this note indicating that Migawari can block the effects. Not heard this confirmed/tested by anybody on the NA side, though.

Quote:
Kanopiasu of damage because there is a capitation, avant-garde about three people out before, Mikawa with a ninja necessary to take measures such as putting. Verification is required for the total amount of damage .
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-12 12:41:19  
Any one got porter packer working for in there?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-12 12:48:44  
Canopierce is Needles effect evenly distributed among targets.
For the other Trees (Wopket etc) I think you're right, it's a needle effect.
For Mboze it's not needle. We were receiving the same damage even without luopan down and we were receiving noticeably more damage when the random aura was "Magic Defense down" meaning its damage is reduced by MDB, I assume.
Unless my line of thought is wrong somewhere?

Damage was pretty much between 900/1100 and >1300 when we happened to get the Mdef random aura.
(same buffs all the runs, same players, same Vengeance level)
 Bahamut.Mhysa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-05-12 12:51:21  
I can confirm that Sacro will prevent damage taken from Cano.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-05-12 15:13:32  
So what is the best way to farm Bumba now with with Mog amp?
V15>V15>Bumba(amp)>Bumba(amp)>Exit and start over?
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-05-12 15:21:33  
Order does not matter, but here's what my group did:

initial run: Bumba 392 RP > v15 > v15 (bonus obtained) -> exit
(amp) Bumba 3528 RP > v15 > v15 (bonus obtained) -> exit
etc
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2021-05-12 15:32:51  
Asura.Aburaage said: »
Order does not matter, but here's what my group did:

initial run: Bumba 392 RP > v15 > v15 (bonus obtained) -> exit
etc

That's what I'd like to do but the fact you can't use the same job twice makes the rotation a pain. Which NM are you focusing on and what setup do you use for each kill in the 3x V15 runs?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-12 15:39:22  
If you do it that way, you have everything preset. You know you're going to be job1 job2 job3 every time. You're gonna fight the same mobs every time.

Not much rotation, well, a set rotation.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-05-12 15:53:10  
Shiva.Spynx said: »

That's what I'd like to do but the fact you can't use the same job twice makes the rotation a pain. Which NM are you focusing on and what setup do you use for each kill in the 3x V15 runs?

We did T1 v15 for both, Gogmagog because the ammo RP is worth, and Dealan Dhe because it's piss easy.

Gogmagog:
PUP tank
RNG doing trueflight great dmg now with hover shot even though no buff
NIN to open light w/ shun for TF closer
RDM for debuffs/dispel,very light healing if at all.
other pt members pretty much afk

Dealan Dhe:
Tank: RUN or PLD, doesn't really need tank probably
random DDs blu/dnc/etc w/e available
SCH healing,Regen5 was the only healing needed, light cures.

Yeah we have every person with jobs preset before we run, barely any time changing jobs and setting up
[+]
By Nyaanu 2021-05-12 16:25:32  
Asura.Aburaage said: »
Shiva.Spynx said: »

We did T1 v15 for both, Gogmagog because the ammo RP is worth, and Dealan Dhe because it's piss easy.

Gogmagog:
PUP tank
RNG doing trueflight great dmg now with hover shot even though no buff
NIN to open light w/ shun for TF closer
RDM for debuffs/dispel,very light healing if at all.
other pt members pretty much afk

Dealan Dhe:
Tank: RUN or PLD, doesn't really need tank probably
random DDs blu/dnc/etc w/e available
SCH healing,Regen5 was the only healing needed, light cures.

Yeah we have every person with jobs preset before we run, barely any time changing jobs and setting up

Not that the fight is too bad when you have the RDM, but why not use PLD for Gog and PUP for Dealan? The rationale being Gogmagog is the only one with a threatening move or issue if he turns, and he's jndead; The PUP on Dealan doesn't have to worry about coal dispel or amnesia.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-12 18:18:10  
So I hate to be "that guy", but is somebody going to submit the Asylum glitch (might as well include the Entrust glitch) as a bug on the OF?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58149-Able-to-preserve-positive-status-effects-through-Sheol-Gaol-bosses-by-using-Asylum.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-05-12 19:24:29  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So I hate to be "that guy", but is somebody going to submit the Asylum glitch (might as well include the Entrust glitch) as a bug on the OF?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58149-Able-to-preserve-positive-status-effects-through-Sheol-Gaol-bosses-by-using-Asylum.

These people must be fun at parties. “If I can’t have it, no one else can!” *Reports*
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-05-12 19:42:42  
Nyaanu said: »
Not that the fight is too bad when you have the RDM, but why not use PLD for Gog and PUP for Dealan? The rationale being Gogmagog is the only one with a threatening move or issue if he turns, and he's jndead; The PUP on Dealan doesn't have to worry about coal dispel or amnesia.

since it's basically only rng dd, hate wasn't really an issue, pup tanking just because it doesnt need any healing. he's only dangerous during 1hr, and automaton makes that a non-issue

as far as the other nm, it's already easy as it is, we just go with what we have
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-13 06:13:42  
Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
These people must be fun at parties. “If I can’t have it, no one else can!” *Reports*

About as fun as people who can't win within the rules of the game and need to cheat at content so they can pretend they are bleeding edge? There isn't anything to do past Odyssey, why even do it if you're going to cheat? It's like buying a master trial.

Also, everyone can have it. It is super easy to do and was posted publically. The game is better off with noone having it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 08:28:10  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

About as fun as people who can't win within the rules of the game and need to cheat at content so they can pretend they are bleeding edge? There isn't anything to do past Odyssey, why even do it if you're going to cheat? It's like buying a master trial.

Also, everyone can have it. It is super easy to do and was posted publically. The game is better off with noone having it.
You saying its cheating while everyone use every add on which is cheating to get pass stuff im confused. About as fun as people who need gearswap to play the game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-05-13 08:32:25  

Wow, totally, this 15 minute single NM fight compares to a Master Trial. You’re right, your logic is totally super on point. Thank you. I also hope when you did any MT you didn’t bring a single outside buffer because at that point you’re also cheating at content. Bohoo your feelings got hurt someone found a loophole around the NMs you fought normally and probably cried every night because your group wasn’t beating them.

And well, I guess the sarcasm wasn’t clear on “If I can’t have jt, no one else can” or maybe the smoooth brain to compare a MT to Odyssey did it. I don’t know, hope you get better.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-13 08:46:19  
'-')
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-13 08:52:24  
this 15 minute single NM fight compares to a Master Trial

The analogy was 'cheating to win an event with no further purpose'. Ok, so you cheat and get your R15 Nyame gear. Great, now what? There's nothing post-Odyssey to do. You look cool in town with your new augments that you had to cheat to obtain.

Ok, so you buy a master trial clear. Great, now what? It doesn't change any of the rest of the game. You look cool in town with your shiny weapon that you didn't earn yourself.

If you don't enjoy the game enough to try to beat things as intended, why even play? Does it build your ego to collect gear? What's the endgame here?

And no, I didn't bring outside buffers to my master trials, of which I was the first non-JP to clear any, and provided the strategies for everyone else after doing so. It's not the same thing anyway, they very clearly did not intend for Asylum to let you carry buffs. If you cast buffs and go in, they are stripped. This is an exploit by absolutely any reasonable measure, and if you want gear so much more than gameplay I feel obligated to repeat: Why even play?
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 08:56:46  

The analogy was 'cheating to win an event with no further purpose'. Ok, so you cheat and get your R15 Nyame gear. Great, now what? There's nothing post-Odyssey to do. You look cool in town with your new augments that you had to cheat to obtain.

Ok, so you buy a master trial clear. Great, now what? It doesn't change any of the rest of the game. You look cool in town with your shiny weapon that you didn't earn yourself.

If you don't enjoy the game enough to try to beat things as intended, why even play? Does it build your ego to collect gear? What's the endgame here?
Again the pot calling the kettle black lol. Your calling this cheating but find other stuff not its weird. Even if you beat this without the buff what do you gain? Cool you cleared it to stand around in town in for some kinda ego. Alot you people on here acting all high and mighty while not playing on vanilla as if windower itself isn't a cheat.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-13 09:00:18  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Your calling this cheating but find other stuff not its weird
Such as? I call gearswap cheating. I call anchor cheating. I call react and send cheating. They are all cheating. They offer some ways to make the game more fun, aside from straight power creep, so I can understand why people use them, but I'm certainly not saying they're fair.

This is a different and much more blatant type of cheat. It will absolutely be patched once SE is aware of it. Any argument for keeping it or trying to hide it so it can be abused longer can only come from the perspective of a group unable to win without using it(shocker, you and Mhysa are in the same group). I have to repeat, why play if you don't want to be challenged? Do you see this as a gacha game? Do you just want to be given gear for logging in next?

Beating it without cheat buffs(or even better, beating multiple NMs and using the job change mechanic) is a reward in itself. The point of a difficult encounter is to give you opportunity to lose, examine what happened, improve your gear or tactics, and try again until you can beat it. This really shouldn't have to be explained, it's a key tenant of video games and has been for decades. Most people find it enjoyable to succeed due to their own efforts.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-05-13 09:04:39  

And no, I didn't bring outside buffers to my master trials, of which I was the first non-JP to clear any, and provided the strategies for everyone else after doing so. It's not the same thing anyway, they very clearly did not intend for Asylum to let you carry buffs. If you cast buffs and go in, they are stripped. This is an exploit by absolutely any reasonable measure, and if you want gear so much more than gameplay I feel obligated to repeat: Why even play?

I mean you really really sound bitter at people exploiting this. Like, jesus, you sound REALLY PRESSED. Now, looking at what the person above said, you’re out here throwing war because of Asylum and people exploiting it, but I was just lurking, I didn’t know a player could have a GM status? Or what it looks like to be buffer timers remaining on other players? If you’re cheating to have the gameplay experience that you LOVE to bring up so much and get the gear…
I feel obligated to repeat: Why even play?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-13 09:10:42  
You attacked people for wanting it fixed and reporting it. Don't try to flip the script after the fact. It's pretty simple:

1. Do you honestly believe SE intended for you to be able to carry buffs into fights with Asylum?

2. Do you honestly believe SE will leave it functional after they become aware of it?

If the answer is no to both, then you're just nitpicking over how long you're allowed to cheat for. Obviously I'm not going to convince anyone that desperate not to do it, but aside from risking a ban all you're accomplishing is devaluing the only piece of content you're likely to get in the next 6 months for yourself.

If you want to draw comparisons between other tools, I'm happy to criticize most of them. However, you have to be incredibly foolish or willfully lying to suggest that recast timers provide anything near the advantage of carrying buffs in an event with such strict job restrictions.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 09:15:08  
Your calling this cheating but find other stuff not its weird
Such as? I call gearswap cheating. I call anchor cheating. I call react and send cheating. They are all cheating. They offer some ways to make the game more fun, aside from straight power creep, so I can understand why people use them, but I'm certainly not saying they're fair.

This is a different and much more blatant type of cheat. It will absolutely be patched once SE is aware of it. Any argument for keeping it or trying to hide it so it can be abused longer can only come from the perspective of a group unable to win without using it(shocker, you and Mhysa are in the same group). I have to repeat, why play if you don't want to be challenged? Do you see this as a gacha game? Do you just want to be given gear for logging in next?

Beating it without cheat buffs(or even better, beating multiple NMs and using the job change mechanic) is a reward in itself. The point of a difficult encounter is to give you opportunity to lose, examine what happened, improve your gear or tactics, and try again until you can beat it. This really shouldn't have to be explained, it's a key tenant of video games and has been for decades. Most people find it enjoyable to succeed due to their own efforts.
What reward? SE patting you on the back? As someone whos beat it all without cheats at what point of saying your enjoyment is ruined because other people did something that didnt hurt you at all? It shouldn't have to be explained that the stuff you find enjoyable doesn't mean someone else will. Odyssey fight isn't about skill when stuff like timber is in and people are winning because he doesn't use timber. Its not skill its luck which should have to be explained.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-13 09:19:25  
What reward? SE patting you on the back? As someone whos beat it all without cheats at what point of saying your enjoyment is ruined because other people did something that didnt hurt you at all? It shouldn't have to be explained that the stuff you find enjoyable doesn't mean someone else will.
Winning a difficult event is a reward in itself for most people. If you only have fun by obtaining fake items, that's your choice, and explains why you so heavily support using any cheat you can. Probably gamesharked all your console games too, but that's your choice.

Odyssey fight isn't about skill when stuff like timber is in and people are winning because he doesn't use timber. Its not skill its luck which should have to be explained.
You can win with any set of TP moves used if you formulate a less braindead strategy and stop relying on your addons to replace every bit of gameplay.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-13 09:19:53  
You attacked people for wanting it fixed and reporting it. Don't try to flip the script after the fact. It's pretty simple:

1. Do you honestly believe SE intended for you to be able to carry buffs into fights with Asylum?

2. Do you honestly believe SE will leave it functional after they become aware of it?

If the answer is no to both, then you're just nitpicking over how long you're allowed to cheat for. Obviously I'm not going to convince anyone that desperate not to do it, but aside from risking a ban all you're accomplishing is devaluing the only piece of content you're likely to get in the next 6 months for yourself.

If you want to draw comparisons between other tools, I'm happy to criticize most of them. However, you have to be incredibly foolish or willfully lying to suggest that recast timers provide anything near the advantage of carrying buffs in an event with such strict job restrictions.
Your a fool to sit here and act as if anything breaking TOS cant be considered cheating. It doesn't matter what it is recast timers spell cast weather tracker. I know you may not do anything else but this game has more content than odyssey to do. Odyssey isn't hard with or without the buff in lobby strat. A pick up group has already been doing bumba along with other nms. Im not defending the ***but im not gonna act like im the best player in the game and im above all because i just comment on ah all day. A cheat is a cheat like a crime is a crime.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123 ... 237 238 239