フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Dragon-Mireu
New Dragon-Mireu
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 26
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-12 10:21:47  
Never seen HP% raise, and like I said it's just anecdotal. I'm sure someone else will test it since I'm out all day, if not I'll take a look tonight.

I'd suspect they increase current hp proportional to hp% and increase max hp by a fixed value if they do any retroactive adjustment.

If it was determined at start, the floods of people on bahamut should have quickly overwhelmed it though, since by the sounds of it they poured in throughout the fight.
[+]
 Phoenix.Turtlevax
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Turtlewax
By Phoenix.Turtlevax 2020-02-12 10:28:35  
Just died on Phoenix, 10 minutes left on the clock. 117 in zone at time of death.

No apparent rewards. No new vorseals from the look of it.

Gives the title of Mireu Mincer
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-12 10:48:44  
So reading this this morning. If this dumb *** thing spawns all it does is pretty much screw everyone for no gain. "Hard" for no reason.

"If you're lucky enough for it to spawn you get 80 points!".... aka if you're unlucky it now takes 2 hours to cap instead of 45 minutes.

Y'all need to get your god damn pitchforks and tell them it's stupid.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-02-12 10:50:11  
With an 80 point cap, it has to be the first dragon you do that day too if you do kill it or it’s just a waste of time.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-02-12 10:55:32  
Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
With an 80 point cap, it has to be the first dragon you do that day too if you do kill it or it’s just a waste of time.

Yep, the dragon is a complete waste of time for the entire server. Needs to give a few hundred points outside of the cap to be worth fighting.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-02-12 10:55:47  
I hope they don't nerf it, just make it so trusts don't AoE their junk onto others. I'm glad there's a challenge everyone can take part in like when they released WKR.
By malakef 2020-02-12 10:57:12  
That has to be the poorest thought out content in ages.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-02-12 11:17:43  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I hope they don't nerf it, just make it so trusts don't AoE their junk onto others. I'm glad there's a challenge everyone can take part in like when they released WKR.

This is fine if it was a separate event or ran along side current pops but as it stands now if the entire server does not cooperate your 30-45min daily event now turns into 2 hours. This is terribly designed. You cannot progress or move zones until this one is killed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-12 11:25:02  
They tried hard to go the route of those legendary pokemon go raid battles and failed miserably. Maybe that title is useful for something later on?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-12 11:43:32  
Oh cool, I'm about to do dragons, Mireu just spawn, afk for 45 mintues till that one times out so I can start.

Streak got to 25 before it spawned since the last failure. Spawnrateistoogoddamnhigh.meme

*** lol up for 7 minutes. 99% HP. Ground littered with corpses. Great job.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-02-12 11:45:52  
inb4 Mireu Mincer is needed per job to begin Empy +2/+3

Make it happen, Matsui!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-12 11:46:46  
Fought it this morning on Shiva, lots of folks there, timed out at about 20%. No rewards, nothing. Waste of time. Spike Flail was raping these noobs that never killed an actual dragon before. As others have said, unless its the first DI mob you kill, its a waste of time. And with the killspeed, its still a waste of time. Can cap 80 DI points in at least half the time. Why does this exist?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-12 11:52:52  
I understand that you're all in Stockholm mode but if you're able to, but don't go to the OF and *** about this, it's just sad.

There is absolutely no positive from this. It can't even be twisted with the "oh 80 points in one kill... that takes longer than just killing 4 regular dragons" It's not even under the guise of "fun and interesting and challenging" it's just there to stop you from being efficient.

Right here, go say something
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56445-February-2020-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Digest
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-12 11:54:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They should add a feature to /ignorefaith that has the option of disabling area buffs in group content.

If it would be possible to prevent external buffs like songs and roll, it would also prevent to Selhteus revelation, whats terrible. Auto recover and insta tp. You dont need to care with tp sets, you will most of time just WS anyway.

Better just to assume the max acc/att you will get from songs and rolls is the gimp one, and bring more accurate gear/more debuffers. Its a new type of fight, once people get used prob it will go down.

Make party with shellmates, always bring geos to rotate Bolster frailty/torpor, bring smn for BP wards, blu for added effect spells, blm for elemental debuff, rdm for dia/distract, drg for angon, etc.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-12 11:58:52  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »

Make it happen, Matsui!

Inb4 new REMA upgrade comes with trial “Kill Mireu 300 Times with finishing blow atonement”
By Pantafernando 2020-02-12 12:02:31  
malakef said: »
That has to be the poorest thought out content in ages.

Its a good contender.

But unfortunately not the favourite...
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2020-02-12 12:02:56  
SE just doesn't care about this game anymore. It shows in their work. I bet Siren was ready to be released for years and they just got around to it. 90% of the stuff they release is junk gear that nobody uses and they straight up disregard a lot of pointers from the community that actually plays the game. Im done with it. There are other games with real devs so they can take my money instead for now. Love yall.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-12 12:03:54  
Bye
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-02-12 12:04:40  
I mean, I just laugh at how Goldilox we've become

This content is too hot
This content is too cold

Like What. The. ***. do you actually expect from an almost 20 year old game with 1 dev, who probably answers the phones too for SE support since he's all they got.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-12 12:05:14  

Make it happen, Matsui!
Assuming Empy +2/3 is good, and not a backstep at this point like what we have been dealing with.

I swear it's been 1 step forward, 2 steps back the past few months.

This content is too hot
This content is too cold

Like What. The. ***. do you actually expect from an almost 20 year old game with 1 dev, who probably answers the phones too for SE support since he's all they got.
While you have now made me feel bad, I also feel we are justified in raising our pitchforks when they do something stupid, like this.

I understand they have a direction they want to take the game, and how they want jobs to be and interact with each other, but there are some things they do that just doesn't make any logical sense, and that's what I take issue with.
 Fenrir.Novell
user: novell
By Fenrir.Novell 2020-02-12 12:07:42  
But did you see those awesome Gear upgrades if you DONT choose Siren as the reward? -_-;
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-12 12:09:53  

This content is too hot
This content is too cold

I mean, whats the shelf life on DI regardless? How many people are virtually done with it because they got the earrings? If they make DI such a pain in the *** that its easier to just go farm the abjs, what good does it do?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-12 12:11:21  
There is one positive from this content, in that lilith line is basically down to nothing on Asura. I have all my gear so I'm gucci, but for everyone else still trying for Malignance, say peace up, ATOWN DOWN to Mireu

Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2020-02-12 12:14:09  
Maybe expectations are too high. In that case it's better to play a game that meets them. Meanwhile you guys can enjoy trying extra hard to make something out of what you're given.
Spoiler alert: game is dead
By Viciouss 2020-02-12 12:15:07  
Asura.Xenomorph said: »
Maybe expectations are too high. In that case it's better to play a game that meets them. Meanwhile you guys can enjoy trying extra hard to make something out of what you're given.

Dude, just leave. We don't care.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-12 12:15:29  
You can just bounce without announcing it to the community. People can do whatever the hell they want with their time, so dueces

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By orangemanbad 2020-02-12 12:16:46  
Viciouss said: »

I care .
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-02-12 12:22:47  
orangemanbad said: »
Viciouss said: »

I care .

Lies!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-12 12:29:06  

This content is too hot
This content is too cold

Quite true. The "overhaul" of DI we got at first was so far from what we wanted/expected.

"This ***is so easy now!"
"Bead return went from meh to wtf!"
"OMG 80 cap per day? wtf??"

So SE overreacts in the other direction. Makes it actually "hard" again in the only way they know how- more HP, bigger AoE *** you moves. And I honestly wonder in content designed to be attacked by 75+ people if you can make it harder via other methods.

What is the solution? How can you both satisfy the experienced player in terms of rewards but keep the content reachable by newer players? How do you not punish 100 players for the bad choice of 1 causing a spike flail? And how do you make content "worth doing" in an era where everything we do in game is evaluated by either a parse or gil/hr?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 26