言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Dragon-Mireu
New Dragon-Mireu
First Page 2 3 4 ... 24 25 26
By sumo 2020-02-12 09:21:06  
I wonder if this is just a symptom of SE's habit of releasing an <Impossible to Gauge> NM, only to scale it down after enough complaints. I.E. P. Warden.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-12 09:21:57  
Hopefully they thought to add something besides the DI points. Would be nice if he counted for like, 20 vorseal kills of the zone he's in.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-12 09:22:48  
Asura.Bayonette said: »
I’m looking forward to taking this on. The DI specific gear gives lots of options. Could get the armor and GS for PDT - 80 on RUN, or build a nice wsd+ 100+ set on naegling PLD or WAR, maybe katana and dagger for a crit party on NIN. I was banking points for this update hoping it would be a reason to get the DI gear.

A friend in LS was talking about this new dragon being a beast, the first thing that popped into my head was that you will need the DI gear to survive and take it out.

That is why the gear exists. This may actually require team work also, I see it as a little bit of a throw back to the old school Kings. People will adjust, this thing will die eventually on the regular.

The rewards as being yet to be seen, will really determine if it is worth it to people. I can also see this as filtering out people who even attempt to AFK this. After they keep coming back to a dead mule, they will quit bothering to show up in that zone, opting to just rotate the Escha zones instead. So maybe that will help w/ the HP scaling.

My advice, if your server is bad about that, force spike flails until they learn.

My only question about the DI gear is if it enables you to go past the normal caps on those various stats, if so, that makes it even more potent for this event, but that goes without saying I guess.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-12 09:29:44  
The DI gear is not as strong as you seem to think. 50 DT on one piece is nice, 50 WSD on one piece is nice, 50 STP on one piece is nice, but everyone up to date had capped DT hybrid available anyway and the STP/WSD is just a small change to speed(not even an additional 20% dps in most scenarios).

FC doesn't matter, everyone caps it. SBII doesn't matter when 40 people are hitting the mob.

The real 'trick' is likely to party up and use actual buffs, since you cannot easily cap accuracy and attack on a high level target with garbage trust buffs. This will make a much larger difference than a few pieces of meh gear and some trust level+.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-12 09:32:46  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
The DI gear is not as strong as you seem to think. 50 DT on one piece is nice, 50 WSD on one piece is nice, 50 STP on one piece is nice, but everyone up to date had capped DT hybrid available anyway and the STP/WSD is just a small change to speed(not even an additional 20% dps in most scenarios).

FC doesn't matter, everyone caps it. SBII doesn't matter when 40 people are hitting the mob.

The real 'trick' is likely to party up and use actual buffs, since you cannot easily cap accuracy and attack on a high level target with garbage trust buffs. This will make a much larger difference than a few pieces of meh gear and some trust level+.

Well I do agree that those caps are already reachable, it usually takes 5/5 armor slots to make that happen, whereas you are capping w/ just one piece, that leaves the other 4/5 slots to use other types of gear (hybrid sets). Which does mean it is that powerful. Granted this will require people to start making DI.luas but w/e.

I do agree though that this will require real team work also.

Also wondering, I barely got my hands on the katana, do the weapons have full potency offhand while in DI?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-12 09:34:27  
FC cap costs nothing to reach, because you can't wear anything else of use during precast. Many jobs now have 50% DT available with minimal sacrifice due to malignance gear.

Not saying don't use the DI stuff, it's your call if you have the inventory space and don't care about wasting the DI points. Just saying that it isn't necessary to win, it isn't the game changer. Treating it like a real mob and not using your trusts will have a much larger impact.
By Fayona 2020-02-12 09:35:46  
We timed out at 14 % on Bahamut during JP primetime. Its honestly pretty frustrating. People from my LS tried to join with 10 mins left and weren't able to load into the zone. It felt like half the server was fighting this thing.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-12 09:37:00  
FC cap costs nothing to reach, because you can't wear anything else of use during precast. Many jobs now have 50% DT available with minimal sacrifice due to malignance gear.

Not saying don't use the DI stuff, it's your call if you have the inventory space and don't care about wasting the DI points. Just saying that it isn't necessary to win, it isn't the game changer. Treating it like a real mob and not using your trusts will have a much larger impact.

FC+DT
FC+SIRD
FC+Mag EVA
etc etc

SB+DT
SB+DA/TA/QA

WSD+morestats relevent to your WS instead of 5/5 pure WSD

I mean, c'mon, there are uses for the gear. Even more so if the stats can go beyond the usual caps.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-12 09:38:13  
Fayona said: »
We timed out at 14 % on Bahamut during JP primetime. Its honestly pretty frustrating. People from my LS tried to join with 10 mins left and weren't able to load into the zone. It felt like half the server was fighting this thing.

The new car smell will wear off soon enough also, that will help with its difficulty.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-12 09:40:44  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
FC+DT
FC+SIRD
FC+Mag EVA
etc etc

You cannot be hit in your FC set if your pre/mid are set up properly. The server reads them both in one single threaded event.

SB+DT
SB+DA/TA/QA

SB doesn't matter when so many people are hitting the mob. It has 3000 TP before it can use another TP move due to it's own execution time with 10 people hitting it(or less, depending on job selection and SB).

WSD doesn't cap, so the piece is useful regardless. I never said there weren't uses for the gear, I said they were minimal and it isn't going to suddenly turn this unkillable mob killable.

Changing strategies and buffing yourselves properly will make a hell of a lot more difference than buying this crap.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-12 09:43:33  
Does /blockaid not block Trust buffs? if not, it would be nice if they updated it to prevent others' Trust buffs from affecting you.
[+]
By Fayona 2020-02-12 09:43:53  
Also for those wondering, I don't know how much DT you need for this thing. Acc was the biggest issue. I was on Monk using Saggitta, Malig, and my defending ring. I swapped to a full ACC / DA TA build but my acc got worse so I swapped back. I didn't die, but Monk has the benefit of being able to wear a lot of DT without sacrificing much DPS. My alt Brd died once.

Brd trusts are awful too. They constantly overwrite my songs. The only song I could keep up was Honormarch, Valor 4 and 5 kept getting overwritten. I tried a couple of Mad's at one point and a scherzo but both got overwritten. The lag got so bad after 40% the only way I could keep honormarch on my main character was to Piano and /type Honormarch p1
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-12 09:45:57  
1. @DirectX- I want that Crab HNM to be "Wrath of Bernie".

2. Based on testimony I'm reading, that thing better give personal pool Wyrm Ash on kill.

3. I also really like Thorny's idea that it could give the equivalent of multiple kills in terms of vorseal kill count.

But we players are a whole lot better at suggesting things that the playerbase would like than SE is at creating such things.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-12 09:46:15  
FC+DT
FC+SIRD
FC+Mag EVA
etc etc

You cannot be hit in your FC set if your pre/mid are set up properly. The server reads them both in one single threaded event.

SB+DT
SB+DA/TA/QA

SB doesn't matter when so many people are hitting the mob. It has 3000 TP before it can use another TP move due to it's own execution time with 10 people hitting it(or less, depending on job selection and SB).

WSD doesn't cap, so the piece is useful regardless. I never said there weren't uses for the gear, I said they were minimal and it isn't going to suddenly turn this unkillable mob killable.

Changing strategies and buffing yourselves properly will make a hell of a lot more difference than buying this crap.

I am not saying that just using the gear will make it roflcopter easy prey either, but it all helps. Better gear and team work go hand in hand. As always.

FC luas no matter how good, are still susceptable to interupts, because when you put that gear on has nothing to do with when that mobs gonna choose to smack you. Kind of a silly statement.

If everyone starts using the SB gear it will help, granted you will probably never see it due to people being at various stages of gathering the gear, doesn't mean that you have to opt to feed the beast yourself, it ALL adds up, is my point, this will require your team mates to mostly be rocking said DI gear during the fight, as well as good team work.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-12 09:47:08  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
it would be nice if they updated it to prevent others' Trust buffs from affecting you.
Brd trusts are awful too. They constantly overwrite my songs

christ, it's gone full circle back to old DI where scrubs make it harder and you can't do anything about them
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-12 09:48:43  
They should add a feature to /ignorefaith that has the option of disabling area buffs in group content.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-12 09:50:16  
FC luas no matter how good, are still susceptable to interupts, because when you put that gear on has nothing to do with when that mobs gonna choose to smack you. Kind of a silly statement.
It's not a silly statement if you understand how things work.

Fast cast only needs to be worn at the time the server starts the spell to get the full speed effect.

Spell interruption rate- needs to be worn at the time you get hit.

You do not sacrifice any spell interruption rate for fast cast as is, because your fast cast is in precast and your spell interruption rate is in midcast.

With a properly configured lua or ashitacast, you send 3 communications in the same UDP packet:
equip your precast set
start the spell
equip your midcast set

The server reads in your precast set, starts the spell and calculates how long it will take to cast, then reads in your midcast set, all while handling the single UDP packet. This makes it 100% impossible to be hit in your precast set, provided the same pieces are swapped in your midcast.

There is no benefit to the FC piece unless you are using it midcast for recast- on a static spell like utsusemi.

If everyone starts using the SB gear it will help, granted you will probably never see it due to people being at various stages of gathering the gear, doesn't mean that you have to opt to feed the beast yourself, it ALL adds up, is my point, this will require your team mates to mostly be rocking said DI gear during the fight, as well as good team work.
It will not matter unless you have a very low amount of people present. Even with capped SB II, the amount of people these attempts have had will keep the mob at perma 3000 tp, making it a wasted gear slot.

this will require your team mates to mostly be rocking said DI gear during the fight, as well as good team work.
You're talking in absolutes with little to no concept of what the gear actually does. You are not getting more than 30% extra DPS out of this gear, and most jobs/setups will not even get close to that out of it. It is absolutely killable without the gear, and the gear has middle ground magic evasion and horrible accuracy compared to newer sets so the perceived benefits are greater than the actual benefits.

Yes, the gear will help. If you have the space for it and time to configure your lua/ac, you should use the body, hands, and feet. The head and legs are pointless.
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-12 09:50:38  
Does the next DI zone not pop until this Dragon is dead?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-12 09:50:53  
it would be nice if they updated it to prevent others' Trust buffs from affecting you.

christ, it's gone full circle back to old DI where scrubs make it harder and you can't do anything about them

IT would be cool if you could 'reset' it somehow, IE, force a spike flail, kill off all AFKs, let it go idle, once it does it readjusts to whoever is still alive/reraises in the battle arena, all those people afk and dead do not get counted. then go kill it. ;p
By Fayona 2020-02-12 09:54:33  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Does the next DI zone not pop until this Dragon is dead?

Until it is either dead or you time out. so it delays the next DI for an hour.
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-02-12 10:00:54  

That is why the gear exists. This may actually require team work also, I see it as a little bit of a throw back to the old school Kings. People will adjust, this thing will die eventually on the regular.

People working together on this game these days that isn't Dynamis or an Aeonic?

What game are you playing?
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-02-12 10:04:28  
I didn’t say that. Check yo quotes, people.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-12 10:05:52  
I didn’t say that. Check yo quotes, people.
lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-02-12 10:05:53  
sumo said: »
I wonder if this is just a symptom of SE's habit of releasing an <Impossible to Gauge> NM, only to scale it down after enough complaints. I.E. P. Warden.

Yeah they'll "fix it" next month lol after the Japanese scream. Could be earlier if the JP players make enough noise.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-12 10:08:38  

IT would be cool if you could 'reset' it somehow, IE, force a spike flail, kill off all AFKs, let it go idle, once it does it readjusts to whoever is still alive/reraises in the battle arena, all those people afk and dead do not get counted. then go kill it. ;p

I know I am quoting myself but I wonder, when exactly does it adjust based on players in zone? when it pops whoever happens to be there? if that is the case, may be best to let whomever happens to be there kill the 1st wave trash mobs, let it pop, then show up to the fight? You can show up late right and jump in? or do you get locked out after it spawns? I doubt it is constantly adjusting up higher as stragglers start making it to the battle. Just curious.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-12 10:09:43  
i've never noticed it to be squishier than usual, and i do 12 chars at a time, so i suspect it does adjust in some way if i show up late (granted, that's not at all scientific, but you'd think if there are 3 people then i show up with 12 it'd be extremely visible how much squishier it is than if all 15 are there initially)
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-12 10:13:32  
So that would mean its base HP keeps creeping up as more people show up? Does that mean it gets a "cure" for each new body? or it's current HP stays the same, just potentially gains a higher HP cap and other stats? That make it very obnoxious if that is the case. Because the closer it is to dying the more people may try and pile into the fight to leech a win, that is problematic.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-02-12 10:17:14  
They did one thing right by reducing the time between pops and then pull this nonsense... This is completely at odds with them changing DI in the first place to, what, help newer players getting beads and catch up gear?

I hate their stubbornness and refusal to change this from a stupid daily requirement and requiring coordination to kill this in time seems like a pretty dumb idea... I just don’t get which one of them decided Domain Invasion was going to be the event they decided to revitalize for “new” content to hold us over until they finally release whatever the Empyrean Armor event is.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-12 10:17:48  
So that would mean its base HP keeps creeping up as more people show up? Does that mean it gets a "cure" for each new body? or it's current HP stays the same, just potentially gains a higher HP cap and other stats? That make it very obnoxious if that is the case. Because the closer it is to dying the more people may try and pile into the fight to leech a win, that is problematic.

The only scenarios that make sense to me- not worth much lol-

1. HP for all mobs in a DI encounter is determined by number of bodies (including trusts) at time of start.

2. HP for all mobs in a DI encounter is determined by number PLAYERS at time of start.

3. HP for each wave is determined by one of those two options at the start of each wave. So it could be at the 40 person level when the minions pop, 60 person when the "Regular" Dragon pops, 80 when Mireu pops....or whatever the numbers are, again could be based on total bodies or real characters.

I would find it highly amusing if they're counting trusts in the count to determine mob strength. A non-stated way to encourage partying up with strangers vs calling trusts.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 24 25 26