Multi-Box Temp Bans?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Multi-Box Temp Bans?
Multi-Box Temp Bans?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15
By Aquatiq 2020-02-02 22:49:08  
say what you will about fortnite kids but they don't even compare to ffxi players

like imagine a player leaving an argument without having made the effort to show all who will pass by the forums decades from now that they were right
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-03 00:58:57  
Tomatoes.....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-02-03 04:09:20  
clearlyamule said: »
Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
Sylph.Banhammer said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
I wAsN't BoTtInG bRo

I wasn't.
So WHAT were you really doing to get a temp ban and NO it was not for nothing SE doesn't ban people cause it was a mistake.
Believe it or not but everyone can make a mistake including SE.

I had one account banned for rmt behavior when it definitely didn't. The real kicker is that account only every did anything with my other accounts. Never talked to anyone else never traded anything or sent gil to anyone else... and those accounts were fine. They even at one point told me it was a mistake and were going to restore until changing their minds.
Okay the odd mistake but does that mistake also spread to people of a certain target, example being so many people that multi-box accounts getting their mains apparently temp banned right now?
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-03 04:27:22  
Yeahhhhh I do just about everything under the sun except duping and VW Bot and I’m still here so now I’m curious as well lol. Dafuq’d you do? xD
 Asura.Darkkaze
サーバ: Asura
user: Darcc
By Asura.Darkkaze 2020-02-03 08:27:53  
I don't farm bot anymore but I do still run around at a cool 22% movement speed full time. No temp ban on 2 chars.

I don't think I saw the OP confess his sins? From what I could see he just lashes out with childish insults when confronted, so probably best to expect nothing from him.
 Asura.Superiority
By Asura.Superiority 2020-02-03 08:38:28  
All the people I know temp/perma banned this week were using Tako position warping. 100% all of them. Some don't use superwarps, some don't use ASE, etc. That's the common denominator.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-03 08:45:21  
Asura.Darkkaze said: »
I don't farm bot anymore but I do still run around at a cool 22% movement speed full time. No temp ban on 2 chars.

I don't think I saw the OP confess his sins? From what I could see he just lashes out with childish insults when confronted, so probably best to expect nothing from him.

I actually sent several PM's and Discord messages to anyone that was interested in discussing it.

You're mad at me for trolling the trolls? That's amusing.

The rest of you can just live with the mystery.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-03 10:21:02  
Asura.Superiority said: »
All the people I know temp/perma banned this week were using Tako position warping. 100% all of them. Some don't use superwarps, some don't use ASE, etc. That's the common denominator.

Okay what is the least common denominator...two !

Also 100% of the time it works 34% of the time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2020-02-03 10:32:45  
Asura.Superiority said: »

There's only the one way to pos with memory as far as I know, I don't think theres anything Tako does differently that would be more detectable than posing already is, and I've been posing daily for the last few weeks so it's not directly that.

It really seems like it's just randomly picking people off a list for various things, to be honest. Likely SE has no real clue how to handle the level of third party tools anymore, and is trying to slap a band-aid on the issue. Their complacency has allowed it to become far too entrenched with players to take meaningful steps to prevent it anymore, if they cared to some very simple additions to the client would shut down the majority of tools and addons out there, but they aren't bothering. Probably because they've allowed their game to get dissected to a point where people would be back up and running in no time, and it's not worth the money to play the cat and mouse game seriously.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-03 11:47:40  
/standingbyformorelulz

Edit: also post count +1 amidoinitrite?
By Pandereto 2020-02-03 11:49:47  
lol at all those guys whining about the "Blackxxx" chars, and there's like 100+ chars per server which contains "Black" in their nickame...

https://www.ffxiah.com/search/player?sid=20&name=black

https://www.ffxiah.com/search/player?sid=28&name=black

https://www.ffxiah.com/search/player?sid=9&name=black
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 11:53:30  
Those ones specifically were one guy 6botting. Interesting that he jumped all 6 (and his main?) to another server.

I thought for sure he was 99ing mastering and selling them.

Wonder where the sir*** army went. sircat sireneta siryan sirateta etc Also delta*** and amen****

So many unanswered questions about where bots go and if they're sold or banned. Perma blueballs.
 Fenrir.Celdwn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: celdwn
By Fenrir.Celdwn 2020-02-03 12:41:59  
I just unsubbed my accounts. If SE doesn't want people to play their game, I won't.

I think SE wants 'people' to play their game, so therefore, SUCCESS.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-02-03 12:59:39  
Fenrir.Celdwn said: »
I just unsubbed my accounts. If SE doesn't want people to play their game, I won't.

Yes. SE, a business that makes money, only cares that Billy and his neighbor pay their subscription fees because they want them to have a rich, exploit free, game experience.

Every bot you see is $11.95 in SE's pocket. This game would have went belly up if not for them imo.

I really don't understand peoples anger at bots/tools. Very rarely does somebody else botting affect my gaming experience.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 13:20:19  
I can easily explain it.

You need to think like a retard.

I intend to go to this specific spot, at this specific time and if there's a bot there, instead of leaving and doing something else, I'm going to throw a mother *** hissy fit and threaten to quit.

Or; I intend to farm this thing that is incredibly sloggish but its worth a few gil and I don't know better. But there's a bot there so again, instead of leaving and doing something else, I'm going to throw a mother *** hissy fit and threaten to quit.

or; omg the cp camp i want is taken by bots, instead of doing another camp that's 1% slower, I'm going to throw a mother *** hissy fit and threaten to quit.

There are 500ish zones in this game with 10,000 things to "do" if you run into a bot, you're playing the game wrong. Or... you need bastok mission progress and sphere bots are *** that up. That one I will concede. (yes, it IS possible to play the game wrong, even with YOUR 12.95)
[+]
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2020-02-03 13:22:50  
Drayco said: »

Yes. SE, a business that makes money, only cares that Billy and his neighbor pay their subscription fees because they want them to have a rich, exploit free, game experience.

Every bot you see is $11.95 in SE's pocket. This game would have went belly up if not for them imo.

I really don't understand peoples anger at bots/tools. Very rarely does somebody else botting affect my gaming experience.

People are shocked that bans come slowly? They have a shortened staff for XI, so they take some off of XIV to help with XI and vice versa. There financial situation is hardly affected by banning 100 or even 1000 shitty botting cheaters.

http://celebsio.com/10-richest-gaming-companies/ That is what they are worth. I think they can afford to lose your shitty 11.95 times however many friends.. err, alts you play with.
By fonewear 2020-02-03 13:30:16  

Probably mad cause they are missing out on that cheddar.
By Jetackuu 2020-02-03 13:30:54  

Your "opinion" is factually wrong, and quite frankly stupid.

I really don't understand peoples anger at bots/tools.

Probably because you're a tool?

Exploits hurt the community and the game experience and it's something that SE is rather proud of. I mean they torched accounts for even being in the same party as sandworm dupers, you're out of touch.
By fonewear 2020-02-03 13:31:55  
Trust me Asura has done more to hurt FFXI "community" than every bot built in China.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By mhomho 2020-02-03 13:43:36  
Translated Eiryl's post to english:
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The bots aren't the problem. The bots aren't hurting anyone or inhibiting the play of others. If you don't like it, leave. Quit cryin.

OK Eiryl.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 13:48:28  
mhomho said: »
The bots aren't the problem. The bots aren't hurting anyone or inhibiting the play of others. If you don't like it, leave. Quit cryin.

OK Eiryl.

Basically accurate. Bots do all the ***that no player should ever want to do. So if you run into one, you're in the wrong.

Automation. IS. beneficial. To everyone. It has downsides (inflation). Easily fixed by square if they cared. (and before you argue, how do you think ALL gear gets made? food? REMA currency? bots farm the mats)
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-03 13:55:29  
mhomho said: »

OK Eiryl.

Basically accurate. Bots do all the ***that no player should ever want to do. So if you run into one, you're in the wrong.

Automation. IS. beneficial. To everyone. It has downsides (inflation). Easily fixed by square if they cared.

Every crafting shield in existence was botted. You guys should probably toss your +1 Su3 gear, Su5 weapons and +2 torques in protest.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-02-03 14:00:34  
Caerda said: »
fonewear said: »
Trust me Asura has done more to hurt FFXI "community" than every bot built in China.

Asura is the FFXI community lol
lol not in the least.
[+]
By mhomho 2020-02-03 14:03:52  
Automation eliminates the players that would otherwise go farm the things the bots farm. The inflation is out of hand because the bots have ran rampant. The solution is to ban them. You think the solution is to nerf sparks or something instead of addressing the issue.

Automation isn't always beneficial. Look at the failings of job markets as a result of automation nullifying the need for manual labor and workers. The end result is vast discrepancies in wealth as the ones who prosper from the automation (people like Eiryl that duped medals) crash the value of currencies through hyper-inflation as they try to manipulate the economy. They know not to flood the market because it raises suspicion. They're smart. That's why they get away with stacking their pockets.

The game's attrition rate for truly new player retention must be dismal outside of the same handful of players running their mules around quietly.

Some people don't care. They think they're M.Bison ruling the world instead of the reality of the echochamber they've stoked for themselves. Some revel in their chambers while others are driven mad. Is it still Stockholm syndrome when you're your own captor?
By Pantafernando 2020-02-03 14:08:46  
or; omg the cp camp i want is taken by bots, instead of doing another camp that's 1% slower, I'm going to throw a mother *** hissy fit and threaten to quit.

There are 500ish zones in this game with 10,000 things to "do" if you run into a bot, you're playing the game wrong. Or... you need bastok mission progress and sphere bots are *** that up. That one I will concede. (yes, it IS possible to play the game wrong, even with YOUR 12.95)

While I agree that many players just dont help themselves, by this logic, if dude is already botting that means he doesnt need to worry about efficiency or being 1% faster. So that bot is *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE too to bot in the best camp available, thus he asked to be reported and/or banned.

Damn just go bot on apex velkks and none will bother you lol
By Mattelot 2020-02-03 14:08:50  
fonewear said: »

I'm not being skeptical, I'm curious what you feel they did. Until I began posting here 16 years after I started playing, I never talked to anyone outside my own server.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15