Multi-Box Temp Bans?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Multi-Box Temp Bans?
Multi-Box Temp Bans?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15
By clearlyamule 2020-02-01 01:11:48  
Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
Sylph.Banhammer said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
I wAsN't BoTtInG bRo

I wasn't.
So WHAT were you really doing to get a temp ban and NO it was not for nothing SE doesn't ban people cause it was a mistake.
Believe it or not but everyone can make a mistake including SE.

I had one account banned for rmt behavior when it definitely didn't. The real kicker is that account only every did anything with my other accounts. Never talked to anyone else never traded anything or sent gil to anyone else... and those accounts were fine. They even at one point told me it was a mistake and were going to restore until changing their minds.
By missdivine 2020-02-01 02:51:01  
I know a lot of players that still use speed hack at this time and age, that's a very old and easy way to get banned.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-02-01 03:45:07  
Well the point is to narrow it down to prevent others from feeling this scare tactic. I really haven't seen any cases of anyone getting banned specifically for those homepoint addons, someone can feel free to speak up though. I think I saw a reddit post last year from someone saying it got them suspended, but they could have been POS warping or doing anything else too.

The most recent bans have only started a couple months ago after the exploits, before then I researched and literally nobody had been discussing bans for almost 2 + years aside from the one on reddit I read last year.

They can track almost anything, doesn't mean we should all go vanilla and dump windower/gearswap, so it is something specific. I had hoped for civil discussions to avoid people being banned, but every time people create this thread we have the trolls coming in who pretend to be righteous all the while using windower.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2020-02-01 03:57:56  
kireek said: »
Or maybe it was a ban for chat trolling, or anything.

If they were banning for that, i wouldn't still be here.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-01 04:34:54  
huttburt<3 said: »
Would a magic skill up script trigger anything?
Asking for a friend.

Unlikely.

Just dont stay in like MhAura HP botting for hours though.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-01 04:38:04  
Also the title is so misleading.

There isnt any evidence that just multiboxing alone can cause a ban.
 Leviathan.Katriina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2020-02-01 04:46:17  
Draylo said: »
the trolls coming in who pretend to be righteous all the while using windower

I don’t know if this was discussed before, nor I claim to know how everything in this game works. But there are so many issues connected to third party tools & SE seems to be “randomly” obsessed with regulating it.

It’s not that surprising to see a huge percentage of the player base using [Gearswap/Windower/Ashita] as part of the positive gaming experience & quality of life. But with all seriousness, how essential they are for single/main accounts?

One might argue that Mage Classes in particular benefit greatly from Gearswap. But for DPS/Tanking Classes I hardly think so, & yes, the available [/Equipsets] are enough for your DPS/Tanking classes, heck some classes need 3-4 sets max to preform optimally, & and all the JA specific gear can be part of the macros without the use of “sets”.

If we take an average single player playing 2-3 times per week for 3-4 hours each, you would notice that not many tools are utalised to fulfil a positive experience based on the content, & most of these utalised addons are not even active for the most part.

If the argument was exclusive to players with multiple accounts, or that you hate Knockback so much that it elevates your blood pressure, or that you can’t stand the graphics of vanilla, then I would totally understand the need for these tools with reservation. Since to me, I still think your main account shouldn’t be included in the automation process [If you care so much about it], nor it’s that important to negate knockback or have amazing graphics in an 18-year-old game.

Just my two cents.
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-01 05:20:47  
Asura.Frod said: »

I can't find the link for it, but at some point in the past year, SE published a warning to players stating that any kind of trolling or bullying can get you banned. It received criticism from many due to it's SJW tone. I think it even said something like "thinking negative towards other players is also considered punishable" (note that I'm paraphrasing heavily).

It was published in context of FF14, but considering we know that Yoshi-P's department/sector also runs FF11, I wouldn't be shocked if the same approach is taken in both games.
By fonewear 2020-02-01 07:16:45  
I've played with multiple characters for many years and never had any problems, I also have a ton of gil and mostly just farm more.

My guess would be using some addons like the easy warp from home points or something. That thing is so blatantly obvious btw, you see someone run upto a home point with 4 characters all on follow and they all instantly disappear lol

As was stated they have been able to track this stuff forever, they just didn't do anything about it. So maybe they are checking back and seeing people doing these things and giving warnings out now. Or maybe it was a ban for chat trolling, or anything.

This is so common on Asura that seeing 6 characters running around warping is the norm.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-01 07:54:04  
Asura.Frod said: »

Uhhh Frod don’t you remember Boogerballs? He/She/It was banned for spamming racial insults constantly for months. It may only be explicitly set for Red-Lined comments? (Spamming N****R for example) but it’s definitely something they do.
By Smurfyx 2020-02-01 08:03:08  
What the heck is super warp lol
By SimonSes 2020-02-01 08:13:14  
Smurfyx said: »

Basically addon that let you use home points/survival guides/etc. with just chat command instead of manually selecting anything from menu. Saves tons of time for people who multibox.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-02-01 08:33:54  
Quadboxer here. Quad boxed all last night and woke up this morning no issues. I do know of three people banned last night and one of them perm. All were using super warp.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-02-01 08:57:27  
SimonSes said: »
Smurfyx said: »

Basically addon that let you use home points/survival guides/etc. with just chat command instead of manually selecting anything from menu. Saves tons of time for people who multibox.
Do you actually need to be near the warp at the time? Try to determine if people are cheating (acceptable) or ultra mega super cheating (omg no)
By SimonSes 2020-02-01 09:14:26  
You need to bw close yeah.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-01 09:17:43  
Huh... I use SW all the time (super helpful) didn’t notice any issues this morning before leaving for work but that was 4:30 AM. Tons could’ve happened by now
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-01 09:19:57  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Do you actually need to be near the warp at the time? Try to determine if people are cheating (acceptable) or ultra mega super cheating (omg no)

The issue with it isn't that it's cheating by nature, it's that it doesn't warp you to the exact same coordinates the game client would due to the way they store their reference data. So, if SE were so inclined they could easily detect anyone using it based on that.

The older versions don't do the menus properly at all in some cases, so it's really closer to just pos warping than actually using those warps if you don't have the recent one.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-01 09:29:16  
I don't have or use super warps.
By Chimerawizard 2020-02-01 09:48:30  
guess you don't want to try and list all the things you did do.
Did you shout profanity, send hateful tells, shout jponry, reply to a toxic yell, etc?
Did you flee, pos warp, buy off AH repeatedly with <10s between purchases, sell more than a stack of items to an npc in <2~3s, etc?
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2020-02-01 09:50:30  
I have used super warp for a very long time on all 6 of my characters and had no issues. My friend who also has 6 characters and uses super warp as much as I do got 4/6 of his characters temp banned. So it seems rather random based on just super warp.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-01 09:55:23  
Lately it never seems to be any specific thing, they just happen to pick and choose at random.

Everything is bad, but the punishments are inconsistent, which is consistent with their idea of punishment.

Proof: in a pack of 6 bots, that all tako, that all go out of bounds, that all bot 24/7, one got a temp. 3 of the 6 had been 3 dayed before 3 of the 6 were less than 30 days old, No other explanation than random. They pick and chose which reports matter today and trash the rest.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-02-01 10:03:24  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lately it never seems to be any specific thing, they just happen to pick and choose at random.

Everything is bad, but the punishments are inconsistent, which is consistent with their idea of punishment.

Proof: in a pack of 6 bots, that all tako, that all go out of bounds, that all bot 24/7, one got a temp. No other explanation than random.
Or they only enforce it when a character has been reported some threshold number of times. It doesn't make a lot of sense to hurt their revenue stream by banning players who no one has complained about, but not banning players who have been reported does have a potential revenue impact in that the complaining parties may unsubscribe out of frustration that SE doesn't care about cheating. This is all pointless speculation though since SE seems to make most of their decisions based upon values from a random number generator.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-01 10:04:36  
Chimerawizard said: »
Did you shout profanity, send hateful tells, shout jponry, reply to a toxic yell, etc?
Did you flee, pos warp, buy off AH repeatedly with <10s between purchases, sell more than a stack of items to an npc in <2~3s, etc?

Loving the moralizing church lady routine. Tell us more about how pure you are!
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-01 10:08:09  
look here you absolute ****ing potato

you come in here pretending to be innocent and making the claim you got banned for multiboxing, it isn't a question of morals, it's a question of how full of ***you are

from your reaction to anyone implying you cheated, pretty obvious the answer is "very full of ***"

dude botted, dude got banned, it isn't multiboxing related, /thread, move it along
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-01 10:09:59  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
look here you absolute ****ing potato

you come in here pretending to be innocent and making the claim you got banned for multiboxing, it isn't a question of morals, it's a question of how full of ***you are

from your reaction to anyone implying you cheated, pretty obvious the answer is "very full of ***"

dude botted, dude got banned, it isn't multiboxing related, /thread, move it along

I never claimed to be innocent, you absolute daft clown.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-01 10:12:00  
Quote:
3 accounts and I'm not selling gil or pumping markets.

Quote:
They were logged out. They're not bots.

Quote:
No failed payments. They're billed to a CC that gets paid off in-full every month.

Quote:
All in the US and not behind a VPN.

Quote:
I don't use the home point thing. I usually log them out at night.

You're more than happy to list off everything you didn't do, as if it invalidates what you did do. Certainly sounds like you want to be perceived as innocent, or you feel your ban was unjust.

Hint: It wasn't.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-02-01 10:12:04  
Chimerawizard said: »

I know that you're trolling, but for other people who might be confused the original poster was not trying to moralize, they were trying to find out what the players who were banned were doing to see if there are any commonalities so that a trigger can be identified. For example, someone might say "I wasn't banned and I use all of these things regularly" and then you wouldn't be able to pinpoint any one of these individual items as being the sole cause of the bans:
- speed (up to 400%)
- pos/warp (including OOB)
- cureplease
- auctionhelper (including away from AH counters)
- superwarp (including to homepoints ive never activated)
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-01 10:14:32  
Dude. You're not on the official forums. You can cut the holier than thou attitude. No one is gonna burn you in effigy for using a hack or a bot after the fact. In reality, you'd get a lot more respect and better reactions if you just came out and said what you did.

Need proof? Eiryl's post. Flat out says "I have 6 chars that use tako, bot round the clock, only one was banned". He gives info that's relevant to the situation, and no one went crazy into "OHMAHGERD YOU CHEAT333R!!!!!" Just throw down the laundry list and let's move on.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15