Multi-Box Temp Bans?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Multi-Box Temp Bans?
Multi-Box Temp Bans?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 14:08:53  
Hey, for clarity don't lump me in with people who duped medals. Those aren't "people like me".
By mhomho 2020-02-03 14:10:56  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm not like those other girls. Teehee
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-03 14:15:40  
Mattelot said: »
fonewear said: »
Trust me Asura has done more to hurt FFXI "community" than every bot built in China.

I'm not being skeptical, I'm curious what you feel they did. Until I began posting here 16 years after I started playing, I never talked to anyone outside my own server.

Asura is like every terrible player you met on your dead server all in one place.

And the "community" is buy this merc that. So there really is no sense of community. The only community to speak of is the people mercing stuff.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-02-03 14:18:50  
Trust me Asura has done more to hurt FFXI "community" than every bot built in China.

I'm not being skeptical, I'm curious what you feel they did. Until I began posting here 16 years after I started playing, I never talked to anyone outside my own server.

Asura is like every terrible player you met on your dead server all in one place.

I've only "heard" things but that doesn't mean I take them to heart. People talking about players on Asura saying "if you don't glow, you don't go" and some of the screenshots I've seen. Even years ago when my server was packed (as packed as I like), I never seen things like that and I'd seen some nasty things.

It can't be all that bad. I've enjoyed Ruaumoko's guides.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-03 14:19:11  

I dont think Asura in particular but since I remember Reddit LS being created, many and many return/new players were guided to start/restart on Asura. Then shortly after many other players started to migrate there then entire shells. I do remember before the reddit shell it wasnt that biased to Asura. Odin and Bahamut had comparable population. Nowaday the difference is evident. I have mule on Asura, and while the many low server I stepped had like 200~500 chars online, Asura had 1000~2000. I dont feel like its natural but something sponsored to be like that.

Well I supose at some points many players would gather at some point to make this game viable, and its not Asuras fault in particular to be the gathering place. But in all server aside Asura, it IS very difficult to play unless you have a couple of mules on you, or is in any of those so so shells, or if you speak japanese.
By fonewear 2020-02-03 14:19:46  
No not every player is REMA only. But that mentality oozes into the entire server.

People shouting for a REMA DD /4 song bard to do CP party. ***like that.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-03 14:21:40  
The gap between the complete noob and the elitist REMA *** on Asura is quite large.

And the elites won't help the noobs. So you are left with all the elitist *** on one server.
By Drayco 2020-02-03 14:22:21  
mhomho said: »
Automation eliminates the players that would otherwise go farm the things the bots farm. The inflation is out of hand because the bots have ran rampant. The solution is to ban them. You think the solution is to nerf sparks or something instead of addressing the issue.

Automation isn't always beneficial. Look at the failings of job markets as a result of automation nullifying the need for manual labor and workers. The end result is vast discrepancies in wealth as the ones who prosper from the automation (people like Eiryl that duped medals) crash the value of currencies through hyper-inflation as they try to manipulate the economy. They know not to flood the market because it raises suspicion. They're smart. That's why they get away with stacking their pockets.

The game's attrition rate for truly new player retention must be dismal outside of the same handful of players running their mules around quietly.

Some people don't care. They think they're M.Bison ruling the world instead of the reality of the echochamber they've stoked for themselves. Some revel in their chambers while others are driven mad. Is it still Stockholm syndrome when you're your own captor?

I remember when the gigantic ban back in 2006 or 2007 happened. I was on Hades and they removed something like 100,000 accounts and like 500 billion gil (I'm sure my numbers are wrong, but it was a lot).

After that happened... the AH completely dried up of crafting materials. I was 100 Goldsmithing and I was having to go to Fei'yin to farm Golems for Mythril Ores for RR Earrings because the supply of them was gone. Thank god I actually made money before that, because 50m quickly became worth 500m.
 Leviathan.Dippity
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dippy23
By Leviathan.Dippity 2020-02-03 14:32:34  
there's a mule on Leviathan named Jizzrag and was a taru named HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but i haven't seen that one around lately.
By Mattelot 2020-02-03 14:39:11  
No not every player is REMA only. But that mentality oozes into the entire server.

People shouting for a REMA DD /4 song bard to do CP party. ***like that.

Ok, I heard someone saying something that extreme but I thought it was an exaggerated joke. REMA for CP? o_O

Leviathan.Dippity said: »
there's a mule on Leviathan named Jizzrag and was a taru named HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but i haven't seen that one around lately.

And watch... Jizzrag was probably a real sweetheart.
 Sylph.Banhammer
サーバ: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-02-03 14:41:34  
Just go to the Asura shouts tab and you can watch the autism happen in real-time.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-03 14:54:19  
If this game is to mimic a real world experience, then yes, automation over time does lead to a higher quality of life across the board. Yes, the rich get richer, but even the poor of one society full of automation and advancement vs the poor of another still stuck in the stone ages are vastly different.

However, this is game. Some play to fight the biggest baddest stuff, some to become tycoons through crafting or merc'ing, some just want to grow pretty flowers in their garden and raise chocobos. And some never want to enter the grind of endgame and the pursuit of that constantly changing "BiS" build or top parsing DPS job, they just like the solitude of farming stuff. Automation does result in MANY things in game becoming more reasonable in terms of comparable wealth- a bot doesn't value its time spent farming the way a human does, and often success comes via undercutting, not inflating. I see current inflation as a result of too much gil being created versus earned through trade. The more in circulation, the less its worth. Thanks gain.

And because its a game, automation often takes away the "beginning player's" methods of advancement in game. Its one thing to say to a player they shouldn't be farming old dynamis for currency because the gil/hour return isn't good. You're right in principle, but possibly not in ability for that new player. Or maybe they don't have 2 friends playing the same hours to spam delve with or other "minimum party size" restricted areas to farm. Either way, that automation makes life better for those who can farm the more rewarding targets, merc to earn gil, or for multiboxers able to farm "group" content for solo benefits. But it hurts those trying to climb to those ranks.

This leads to justifying gil buying to gear up, and now we have a cycle. That's why people say it hurts the community. I'm definitely torn in terms of my opinions on the matter. I like the availability of gear and items that automation has made possible to players for such an old game. I also feel the frustration that the devaluing of time also devalues the journey. Its all about getting the shinies as fast as possible, damn the method. What's the point in saving and farming for 3 weeks to get that Su5 weapon when someone just enters in a credit card and have the same result, in particular when those doing the latter are feeling immense pressure to do so just to "play the game"?

tl;dr its a shitty conundrum and there's no simple fix to bring us back to some bygone day of innocence in Vana'diel.
By Drayco 2020-02-03 15:00:18  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
What's the point in saving and farming for 3 weeks to get that Su5 weapon when someone just enters in a credit card and have the same result, in particular when those doing the latter are feeling immense pressure to do so just to "play the game"?

This only applies to me personally but, my experiences in the game are not heightened or cheapened by anybody else.

I just crafted myself a Crocea Mors. Big deal right? Sure I could have went to the AH and bought one for 120m, but I decided to spend 200m on materials and take the gamble if I was gonna throw my gil away or pay 200m for a HQ1 sword. The feeling I got when that HQ2 animation started isn't devalued by the army of AH bought ones.

Set a goal, achieve it, feel good about it, and don't worry about what other people do so much.
(works great IRL too)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 15:06:15  

New people should not be playing this game. Play something worth your time.

If you insist, sparks is more than sufficient to earn enough to get everything you "need" efficiently.

"shitty elitist mentality drives best or quit etc" *** those people, you alone have the power to stop them. Don't play with them. It's that simple. You do not need the best everything, the fastest way possible. and you don't need rema to do shoutbuscade normals. You don't need to beat wave 3 dynamis. you don't need an idris to do literally everything.

It will never get better if all do you is cave to the pressure.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-03 15:07:34  
Drayco said: »
What's the point in saving and farming for 3 weeks to get that Su5 weapon when someone just enters in a credit card and have the same result, in particular when those doing the latter are feeling immense pressure to do so just to "play the game"?

This only applies to me personally but, my experiences in the game are not heightened or cheapened by anybody else.

I just crafted myself a Crocea Mors. Big deal right? Sure I could have went to the AH and bought one for 120m, but I decided to spend 200m on materials and take the gamble if I was gonna throw my gil away or pay 200m for a HQ1 sword. The feeling I got when that HQ2 animation started isn't devalued by the army of AH bought ones.

Set a goal, achieve it, feel good about it, and don't worry about what other people do so much.
(works great IRL too)

"Status" in this game used to mean a lot more.
10 years ago: "Oh wow he has an Aegis, he's a badass".
Now: Doesn't matter at all.

I just play to have fun by killing stuff. The better gear I get the harder fights I can do. This game's not a competition; there's no PVP element to it.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-03 15:16:18  
New people can play this game, it is still fun and is like any other MMO, no need to be so pessimistic. Also there are status items still in the game, they are just more within reach for anyone now. Master trial items are still rare. Why is everyone always so pessimistic? Maybe its just all of us aged with this game, but jeeze.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-02-03 15:22:43  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Now: You don't have one? get gud, scrub

@Jedi: for you, buddy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-03 15:37:20  
I can easily explain it.

You need to think like a retard.

I intend to go to this specific spot, at this specific time and if there's a bot there, instead of leaving and doing something else, I'm going to throw a mother *** hissy fit and threaten to quit.

Or; I intend to farm this thing that is incredibly sloggish but its worth a few gil and I don't know better. But there's a bot there so again, instead of leaving and doing something else, I'm going to throw a mother *** hissy fit and threaten to quit.

or; omg the cp camp i want is taken by bots, instead of doing another camp that's 1% slower, I'm going to throw a mother *** hissy fit and threaten to quit.

There are 500ish zones in this game with 10,000 things to "do" if you run into a bot, you're playing the game wrong. Or... you need bastok mission progress and sphere bots are *** that up. That one I will concede. (yes, it IS possible to play the game wrong, even with YOUR 12.95)

Hmmmm, again sounds like downplaying the issue to make yourself to come across as a good guy.

Tell me smart guy, when the bots run 24/7/365, how exactly do you try and come back later to get your needed items/wins?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 15:39:40  
Give an example? There's nothing you need that you can't get.

You'll have to buy fetich pieces, maybe, but that's it. If you chose lastok.
By Mattelot 2020-02-03 15:41:01  
Draylo said: »
New people can play this game, it is still fun and is like any other MMO, no need to be so pessimistic. Also there are status items still in the game, they are just more within reach for anyone now. Master trial items are still rare. Why is everyone always so pessimistic? Maybe its just all of us aged with this game, but jeeze.

Yeah, this game can be a little confusing even now to newer players since many are used to games like WoW where your hand is completely held for you. Quest gives, objectives are highlighted and what-not but it's way more accessible now than ever before.

Though you have some flamers (if people still use that word) but I'll take what this game has over WoW any day.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-03 15:45:47  
Give an example? There's nothing you need that you can't get.

You'll have to buy fetich pieces, maybe, but that's it. If you chose lastok.

So your solution is to be held hostage to bots. Rely on bots to not only farm the items, but you pay them the privlidge because you are locked out of content. Hmmmm, your logic is unsound.... and who TF are you to tell anyone what they "need" in this game? Or how they are "supposed" to go about aquiring it? You fail, your red herring fails.

Keep the bots, nerf the Sparks.... Stupid, very stupid, you would rather cripple legitimate players means of income vs. banning your bots.....

They tried doing it your way many times in the past, we still have bots, they just move on to the next npc-able item, mean while real players get *** over and over, because hacks like you can't be bothered to play the game with their own two hands...
[+]
By mhomho 2020-02-03 15:46:52  
Yes, the rich get richer, but even the poor of one society full of automation and advancement vs the poor of another still stuck in the stone ages are vastly different.

Sort of.

In the wealthy society the poor die off as their wealth is funneled to the elites and what was middle-class becomes the new poverty line. The impoverished get herded into what becomes the ghetto's as those above them look down upon them. Gentrification is the new poor people moving in before society rinses and repeats.

The poverty lines might seem astronomical when you compare one having running water to another without such an amenity, but then you look at the quality of the water only to realize they're drinking the literal ***of the wealthy. There's places in America where the tap water is brown. Those neighborhoods fell apart after automation at factory style jobs took away the jobs. The towns can't self-sustain. They become abandoned ghost towns that are even worth the value of the land their on anymore.

There's other people that are arguably smarter about living in poverty. People with tiny homes that they have to build because the price of land is so astronomical. No young person can afford it. Land that was the retirement investments of people that refused to lose value on it. Some people go as far as to live out of their vehicle. They guise homelessness with /stealth camping/.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 15:47:49  
That's life man. Machines do it better and faster. Everything. Their time is effectively worthless (minus maintenance)

You're beholdant to machines right now.

You aren't a bots hostage, you're set free to PLAY the game while the bots do the WORK.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-03 15:51:15  
That's life man. Machines do it better and faster. Everything. Their time is effectively worthless (minus maintenance)

You're beholdant to machines right now.

You aren't a bots hostage, you're set free to PLAY the game while the bots do the WORK.

Hey dummy, not talking about the efficiency of a machine vs. a person, I am talking about the MONOPOLY the bots have on many zones. *** reading comprehension a little troublesome for you? Or are you just unwilling to comment on the substance of the issue because it makes you look like a troll?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 15:54:58  
Don't get angry. I asked for an example, you gave none.

There are no bots "holding a monopoly" over anything. (*)that you should be wasting your time on.

Are you mad about CP bots in a gates zone? Good. You shouldn't be doing a cp grind anyway. Go enjoy the game.

Is it Quetz dying to fast so you can't get beads? Good. You don't need 16 aeonics.

Is it sphere bots? Good. No one should farm shields manually.

Is it old-dyna? Good. Wasted time and effort.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-03 16:02:28  

There are no bots "holding a monopoly" over anything. (*)that you should be wasting your time on.

Again assuming that my time is your business. I really have to spell out every single crafting mat? Or camps? Or that reive you need a chance to win? Or relying on the bots to use ah? Ffs, try harder would you? Shall I point out bots taking over more and more zones? Here's one example: anything a bot is doing is in the *** way of people who want to play that content.

'oh I'm robbing the bank, and the other bank, and your bank across the street, just go do something else.'

*** stupid *** solution coming from someone running said bots. It is being held hostage dumb ***, you either pay them, or don't get what you need...

The point is I don't want to pay you or your shitty bots to do my chores. Happy?
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-03 16:06:30  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

Again assuming that my time is your business. I really have to spell out every single crafting mat? Or camps? Or that reive you need a chance to win? Or relying on the bots to use ah? Ffs, try harder would you? Shall I point out bots taking over more and more zones? Here's one example: anything a bot is doing is in the *** way of people who want to play that content.

'oh I'm robbing the bank, and the other bank, and your bank across the street, just go do something else.'

*** stupid *** solution coming from someone running said bots. It is being held hostage dumb ***, you either pay them, or don't get what you need...

The point is I don't want to pay you or your shitty bots to do my chores. Happy?

You seem quite angry sir. Bots really aren't in the way of anything at all*. If you think they are you're playing this game wrong.

*besides sphere bots
By fonewear 2020-02-03 16:07:49  
Hey bots have families to feed. In China that is a primary source of income.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-03 16:09:09  
If you got rid of all the bots the economy of China would be ruined.
By fonewear 2020-02-03 16:10:44  
Just think you could fund these guys in China T shirts to wear !

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15