Multi-Box Temp Bans?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Multi-Box Temp Bans?
Multi-Box Temp Bans?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Botosi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-03 16:13:01  
fonewear said: »
If you got rid of all the bots the economy of China would be ruined.

I wonder if the Coronavirus is affecting their gil output at all. We should start a gofundme for all of them.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-03 16:20:50  
We should be so lucky that bots do all the ***so we don't have to.

No sane person would make that REMA crafting shield. SE basically gives bots a reason to exist.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-03 16:23:05  
If you got rid of all the bots the economy of China would be ruined.

I know you are kidding, but even justifing RMT as feeding those poor starving 3rd world child laborers is also false. For one, it's maybe one warm body tending an alliance of bots, and two the people doing the grind at the bottom are not getting the payout, it's the people who control the bank accounts profiting.

I have no problem with automation or hacks, for people just trying to play the game who aren't en masse locking out other players from content.

You all talk like everyone who is currently playing the game are at the endgame already, you assume that some people don't need sparks or gil to gain access to all the merced ***going on. You assume that I should not play the way I play because you already got all your wins and REMAs out the ***.

Your definition of how the game is supposed to be played is vastly different from anyone else.

Why the hell am I supposed to put up with your (or someone else's) bot to get something I should be able to just walk to and start collecting?

I'll tell you why. Just like any monopoly, you are greedy. You don't want your rigs taken out by SE, because then you would have to actually go play the game like the rest of us do.

'oh it's a grind? if you aren't botting it or paying someone to do it for you, you're playing the game wrong.' Highly fallible thought. Again where do you get off telling others how to play the GAME when you're too lazy to play it your damn self.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-03 16:28:07  
I don't care what people do or don't do. But it is crazy to think you can stop bot/cheaters.

Ban them be back online next day cheating botting. It's a losing battle.

So the entire thread is pointless. Some nobody online got banned. We really need to make a thread every time some *** gets banned ? ***there would be a new thread about it every day.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-03 16:38:12  
I don't care what people do or don't do. But it is crazy to think you can stop bot/cheaters.

Ban them be back online next day cheating botting. It's a losing battle.

So the entire thread is pointless. Some nobody online got banned. We really need to make a thread every time some *** gets banned ? ***there would be a new thread about it every day.

I agree that it damn near impossible to stop them. Doesn't mean SE should just roll over and take it in ***, and force paying customers to tolerate it.

Keep banning them, the pattern is there to recognize. Keep knocking them out before they are geared and leveled up enough to keep encroaching further and further into the game...

I personally would gladly pay a few bucks more to move to one server that they kept RMT bots off of. Any effort would be better than paying anyone else for ***that should be easily farmed if bots aren't in the way.

Even OG RMT typically would team up with people to farm things. You can't even barter with a bot, can't team up, can't work with them.

So yea botaga like we are infested with irks me. It's wrong to feel annoyed by someone not just bending the rules but straight up raping them, and not even a slap on the wrist? Ok....
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 16:42:42  
I am so beyond curious what you are so angry about being unable to farm.

Like it's such a travesty to farm sparks for an hour to buy it instead of farming it directly and taking twice as long.

Just off the top of my head, I can't think of a single item that's worth farming (enmass?) that you wouldn't be better served sparking and buying. Except spheres. (farmable item, something someone would be botting)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-03 16:48:59  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Like it's such a travesty to farm sparks for an hour to buy it instead of farming it directly and taking twice as long.

It doesn't matter what is being monopolized ya dumb ***.

Solution 2 go farm something else I don't need, to pay RMT for the item I do need. *** idiotic. What happens when the other camp, is also monopolized by bots? Because if it's such a good method to efficiently farm, what makes you expect that the bots won't be there also? And then the 3rd best farm, bots, 4th, bots, ad nauseum....

So it boils down to the least efficient method of obtaining gil, more time spent, less efficient than being able to go after the items you want to begin with....

You probably ain't very good at chess are you? Can't see past your first move. Your logic is ***.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 16:51:16  
I think it would be pretty easy to name one item this is an issue on, if one existed, instead of getting madder...
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-03 16:51:52  
11 pages and I still don't know why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch !
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-03 16:52:58  
Just off the top of my head, I can't think of a single item that's worth farming (enmass?) that you wouldn't be better served sparking and buying. Except spheres. (farmable item, something someone would be botting)

There are the commonly used mats for some crafts. For example tiger hides, spider webs. If you can craft them and earn together with mat the crystal you can almost double your income (from crystals spark i mean).

Also, quests/requests from shield requires some mats that are a pain to get so crafters, as lazy as they are, are willing to pay a lot for those mats. For example, while mass farming mats for my ice animas, the leftover from the other 2 animas possibilities could be sold by a decent price.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-02-03 16:53:45  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

It doesn't matter what is being monopolized ya dumb ***.

Solution 2 go farm something else I don't need, to pay RMT for the item I do need. *** idiotic. What happens when the other camp, is also monopolized by bots? Because if it's such a good method to efficiently farm, what makes you expect that the bots won't be there also? And then the 3rd best farm, bots, 4th, bots, ad nauseum....

So it boils down to the least efficient method of obtaining gil, more time spent, less efficient than being able to go after the items you want to begin with....

You probably ain't very good at chess are you? Can't see past your first move. Your logic is ***.

You seem a bit delusional dude. And you calling people dumb just makes you sound like a child. Your whole logic is completely flawed and its perfectly clear you don't understand real life economics or in-game economics.

You do realize you can gear/level a character from 1-99 within a few hours and have it ready to farm sparks? Do you realize how much manpower that would be on SE's side to control every single bot coming into existence? Get off your high-horse, pay the RMTs for their mats, and enjoy the game. ...Or don't and stop bitching about a game that hasn't changed in 15+ years and wont ever change.

The literal only fix to removing bots would be to get rid of the sparks/accolades to gil conversion. They do that and this game will shut down because every bot will un-sub. The only way to win in this situation is to stop getting mad and do your own thing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 16:56:57  
Pantafernando said: »

I didn't say "there is nothing better than spark farming"

I asked what item is so important, and impossible to buy for more time than it would take to farm that much gil, via sparks.

In the case of ice anima, as it were, no one is botting that, so it's not "the item"
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-03 16:58:40  
Caerda said: »
So ban them all and make FFXI not profitable and then you don't have to worry about having a game to play. Bots are subs, subs keep the game alive. Most bots have zero negative effect on what you are doing anyways. You want a dry auction house, you want very little hq gear, etc... then sure ban them all.

Umm AH is empty everywhere except Asura maybe. Living in a bubble? You think the AH is being used by RMT? Lawl, anything that ain't selling for more than 250k gil, is going straight to NPC.

So yea all the crafting mats you may need from that camp that's being monopolized are not going to find their way into your hands. Period.

BTW, the subscription is paid in advance, so no, banning bots that continue to pop back up, is not harming revenue. If anything it helps, gotta buy new keys per bot. Fone said it I agree with her, you won't stop them from attempting to keep it up, you can damn sure make it difficult for them. Maybe at least make it as much of annoyance to people trying to bot, as it is annoying and frustrating to subscribers who want to actually play the game.

*** funny you think this game is relying on bot subs to stay alive. You do know that eventually it will be wittled down to one server for anyone left playing. And I'll bet dollars to deez nuts, as long as there are enough die hards to sustain that one server, they will keep it going for as long as possible.

So, the bots aren't keeping the game alive, the game has paid for it's bulk of development many times over. It doesn't take a *** load of money to keep one game server running and maintained
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-03 17:46:13  
Caerda said: »
5-6k estimated active accounts right

https://www.ffxiah.com/database

5300 from just ffxiah's matched sales if all of them were in 16 char accounts

i'm willing to bet the average is closer to 5-6 chars an account, which'd put it over 14k

(doesn't really change your point, an unacceptably high percentage of players bot/cheat/etc to just ban them all, which is why they seem to be doing (random?) sampling and banning that to deter others)

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-02-03 20:14:40  
imagine being so used to your rmt/botting lifestyle that you think the average player actually has 6 characters
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 20:21:16  
You would actually be amazed at how many people 6 or more box

Right now of the 2551 online I know that there are no less than 20 6box players. and 3 more are full alliance. one guy has 24 bots, possibly more that I dont know of.

That means of 2551 8% ish are above average. That I know exist.

But I do think the actual amount of actual humans is higher than any stated so far. why? addicts and prisoners. Not choosing to be counted, compelled.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2020-02-03 20:25:10  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
imagine being so used to your rmt/botting lifestyle that you think the average player actually has 6 characters

Eh, people with one char and one account kinda are the minority now. Most people have at least 2, often more. Even on our dead little server it's pretty obvious.

Also, not to be rude, but you bot every day. Don't pretend that you're not just as much a part of the botting "lifestyle".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-02-03 21:11:10  
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »

Eh, people with one char and one account kinda are the minority now. Most people have at least 2, often more. Even on our dead little server it's pretty obvious.

Also, not to be rude, but you bot every day. Don't pretend that you're not just as much a part of the botting "lifestyle".

I don't have a problem at all with automation. I think anyone who does a crafting shield normally is probably off their rocker.

I do have a problem with RMT, and I was merely making an observation about the opinions of an admitted RMT
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2020-02-03 22:00:08  
11 pages and I still don't know why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch !
can't you see? it's the cinnamon sugar swirled all over every bite!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-02-03 22:09:06  
I think anyone who does a crafting shield normally is probably off their rocker.

The jury is still out, but I have yet to start/finish mine, let's see how it goes ^.O

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2020-02-03 22:32:40  
Jdove said: »
why do people even bother turning the game on if they don't play with other people or just turn bots on and afk where do you even get a sense of accomplishment and how is it fun? not to mention how much of a waste of money it is

Why do birds suddenly appear every time I post on FFXIAH ?
[+]
By huttburt<3 2020-02-03 22:42:46  
Jdove said: »
why do people even bother turning the game on if they don't play with other people or just turn bots on and afk where do you even get a sense of accomplishment and how is it fun? not to mention how much of a waste of money it is
It's not a waste of money if you're making money.
[+]
 Asura.Conor
user: RDMCONOR
By Asura.Conor 2020-02-03 23:26:02  
So if this was a 3 day ban, how many have returned vs how many were perma-banned?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15